• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fishy

Ballom Fish Fishy NOSH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,684 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 01:54 AM

Posted ImageFlickr

NOSH NOSH NOSHAn early Halloween MOC, which came about when I meant to retool an older orange and black creation, but ended up distractedly making a fish. Ah well. Probably influenced by Makaru's oddly cute Fanglyfuss.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#2 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 08:43 AM

wow, that's cool. can the jaw open?the only thing I don't care for is that he has two sets of eyes, or at least the helmet makes it look that way.

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#3 Offline Brickeens

Brickeens
  • Premier Member
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 12-May 07
  • 6,000 posts

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 08:47 AM

It took me a few seconds to see the head properly. What would help there is changing the eyes to a more contrasting color, and I'd also put them sideways, as they aren't fish-like pointing straight ahead. It's cute though. I like the tail. And the pink teeth.

Posted Image

#4 Offline King of Dust

King of Dust
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 28-June 12
  • 1,380 posts

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 08:51 AM

Ill be honest. The 2.0 head looks a little strange, but the wrest looks awesome and slender. Love the fin

#5 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 10:08 AM

Looks.......fishy (OK I will stop the cheesy puns.....if possible) the fin look excellent with that piece.... I definently would rather have this then a gold fish any day. Also the dragon wing goes good with the jaws which gives it an evil look.

Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0, Oct 28 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#6 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 08-December 10
  • 515 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 11:26 AM

At first glance, it's hard to not take the Hero Factory head as the real head. It kinda confuses our attention.Apart from that, the whole MOC is a great one. Nice design, especially with the fins, they're very good looking. Cute! Lion face.

halo4-spartans.jpg

#7 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,303 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2012 - 11:56 AM

Maybe you should put that HF head piece backwards because it's confusing to figure out which is the real head. The fins are nicely done and so is the body. Also, with a name like Fishy, I was expecting a "cute" head :P.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#8 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,282 posts

Posted Oct 31 2012 - 07:17 AM

THOSE TEETH!Fantastic parts use. The orange shaping is great, particularly the side fins. Very halloween-y.

Posted Image

#9 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,259 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 03:41 PM

Nice! I can see a lot of interesting parts usage on this. I love the fins and the mouth! The eyes have already been discussed so I won't go into that. My only complaint is that conventional tooth pieces may have been better, the pink Chromastone spikes look out of place.

v7hquUM.png

#10 Offline Fsnorglepuff

Fsnorglepuff
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 18-December 09
  • 1,330 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 01:06 PM

Great design, but the eye holes in the head plate distract from the actual eyes of the MOC. Try to fit in orange pieces there. The pink teeth clash terribly with the orange, but white would look great (almost any other color would be better). You may want to experiment with contrasting eye colors too (instead of trans-orange), like trans-dark blue or trans-neon green. If you have trans-pink 1 x 1 round plates for eyes, maybe you could make those teeth work. Excellent work!Posted Image

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

#11 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,128 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 01:22 PM

NOSH NOSH NOSH NOSH NOSHVery nice fish you've got here. The hole at the base of the fin bugs me, but there's not much you can do about that.I must disagree with Dralcax- I actually quite like the use of those spikes, they're underused in MOCs. I might need to buy a bunch. :3

Edited by Chro, Nov 04 2012 - 01:22 PM.

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#12 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,684 posts

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 12:23 AM

wow, that's cool. can the jaw open?

Yep, the jaw can indeed open!

It took me a few seconds to see the head properly. What would help there is changing the eyes to a more contrasting color, and I'd also put them sideways, as they aren't fish-like pointing straight ahead. It's cute though. I like the tail. And the pink teeth.

And here's the part where I smack myself on the head and yell "D'oh!" Because you're totally right; the eyes really should be on the sides. I'm not sure how I made such a flagrant biological error when MOCing. It's embarassing that I was pleased to have added the minor detail of giving it anal fins, but then I messed up the head like that. *cringe*Unfortunately, given that the tap pieces used for the forward-facing eyes allow the gills and the flipper pieces to attach, I don't think I can easily fix that error without majorly remaking the face.Thanks for the comments. I'm glad to find someone else agrees with me on it being slightly cute. :P

Maybe you should put that HF head piece backwards because it's confusing to figure out which is the real head. The fins are nicely done and so is the body. Also, with a name like Fishy, I was expecting a "cute" head :P.

Given the way the connector parts in the 2.0 head are, as well as where it has those gaps on the sides, I actually can't flip it without destroying the head construction.Anyway, in response to your comment about expecting Fishy to lead to a cute creation, you should see Shannara's fearsome Fishie MOC.

THOSE TEETH!Fantastic parts use. The orange shaping is great, particularly the side fins. Very halloween-y.

Thank you! Though it being Halloweeny was totally unintentional, though. I made it during the summer, and then as Halloween drew near I was like "I need to post another MOC. Fishy, I choose you!", and bam.

Nice! I can see a lot of interesting parts usage on this. I love the fins and the mouth! The eyes have already been discussed so I won't go into that. My only complaint is that conventional tooth pieces may have been better, the pink Chromastone spikes look out of place.

The Chromastone teeth do actually fill in the face better than normal horn pieces would, as those are thinner. Plus, magenta! It's just a color that demands to be used. :P

NOSH NOSH NOSH NOSH NOSHVery nice fish you've got here. The hole at the base of the fin bugs me, but there's not much you can do about that.I must disagree with Dralcax- I actually quite like the use of those spikes, they're underused in MOCs. I might need to buy a bunch. :3

Endless NOSHing!And yeah, that hole bugs me too. :| I wish a stud or something could pop in there, but alas.I do wish the Chromastone teeth came in more colors. They're a nice little part, and the rarity and dearth of colors is sad.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#13 Offline Hiccup_62

Hiccup_62
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-November 12
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 08 2012 - 03:52 AM

awesome though turn the headbackwards.

#14 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,684 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 09:32 PM

awesome though turn the headbackwards.

Why, but then the fish would have eyes and teeth where the neck is! While it would certainly be an interesting-looking creature, I don't see how it would be an improvement.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#15 Offline Daiker

Daiker
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 12-April 10
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 05:13 PM

Maybe instead of making them sideways, you can put them at a right angle apart by using this piece?

lVqDEya.jpg

#16 Offline Suukorak12

Suukorak12
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12-April 12
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 09:35 PM

This is very cool! I like the mouth and the head part especially.

#17 Offline -Jaller-

-Jaller-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-August 12
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 11:55 PM

Nice! Those teeth are awsome!

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna:  :matatu:  :mahiki:  :rau:  :komau:  :ruru: 

#18 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,684 posts

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 02:04 AM

[color=rgb(153,102,51);]It took me a few seconds to see the head properly. What would help there is changing the eyes to a more contrasting color, and I'd also put them sideways, as they aren't fish-like pointing straight ahead. It's cute though. I like the tail. And the pink teeth.[/color]

[color=rgb(204,102,0);]Maybe instead of making them sideways, you can put them at a right angle apart by using this piece?[/color] 

[color=rgb(153,51,153);]You know, I could have done that, since I have those parts in black. The only problem is, I like how compact the head is, and giving him those connectors would have made this fish seem like it's suffering from popeye. (That's a real fish disease, FYI). Plus he would lose some of his charm without forward-facing eyes, so I guess I'm sacrificing realistica appearance for character here.[/color] 

This is very cool! I like the mouth and the head part especially.

[color=rgb(153,51,153);]Thanks! Yes, that is my favorite part of the MOC too.[/color] 

Nice! Those teeth are awsome!

[color=rgb(153,51,153);]Chromastone's purple spines don't get enough love, I think. But since their color is relatively rare, it might just be hard to match them with other shades of pink. ~B~[/color]

Edited by Ballom, Dec 09 2012 - 02:08 AM.

sands_banner.jpg

#19 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,400 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 12:09 PM

aaaaah Ballom you revived your own topic it's 20 days in this forum ;_;

Posted Image