What LEGO employee would you most want to join BZPower?

Aanchir

If you could convince any LEGO employee (or anyone who works for LEGO in any capacity-- freelancers or people from agencies like ADVANCE or Ghost also qualify!) to join BZPower and interact with BZP members, who would you choose?Two rules:You have to choose somebody who has not already been active on BZPower... I don't want to hear a lot of people say they just want Greg Farshtey back, even though I think most of us agree on that point.You are not obligated to pick someone who is allowed to interact with minors as part of their work for LEGO. I don't want to see arguments about who can or can't join BZPower, but rather a civil discussion of who you'd like to join. If it helps, you can pretend that BZPower is an AFOL site and that everyone here is over 18 for the sake of argument.Let me start with a list of suggestions for those of you who don't know of many LEGO employees

• Mark Stafford: Designer of sci-fi vehicles and mecha for lots of themes in the past decade. His sets can be seen here. Was an AFOL before working for LEGO.
  • Jamie Berard: LEGO Creator and Direct-to-Consumer (LEGO Exclusive) designer. He is credited for creating the Modular Buildings line as well as the Emerald Knight, among other sets. Was an AFOL before working for LEGO.
  • Christoffer Raundahl: Has been a designer for LEGO action figure themes since the beginning of the Throwbots/Slizer theme, and is one of the inventors of the Hero Factory 2.0 building system. Sets he helped design include Toa Mata Tahu and Kopaka, the Bohrok, and Toa Mahri Kongu and Hewkii.
  • Christian Faber: ADVANCE Art Director who contributed heavily to the BIONICLE mythos from the very beginning. You can read about many of his contributions on his blog, Faber Files.
  • Carlos D'Anda: Freelance comic artist who illustrated the first nine BIONICLE comics, the Hero Factory comic covers, and a Hero Factory promotional comic.
  • Paul Lee: An AFOL and comic artist for the LEGO Magazines. Also illustrated the third LEGO Ninjago graphic novel.
  • Astrid Graabaek: LEGO Creator, Direct-to-Consumer, and Friends designer. One of her designs most loved by AFOLs is the recent Town Hall from the Modular Buildings series.
  • Adam Grabowski: Designer for various LEGO play themes and licensed themes. One of his most stellar recent designs is the Haunted House from the Monster Fighters and LEGO Direct-to-Consumer lines. His sets can be seen here.
  • Cathy Hapka: A freelance author who worked on the first three books in the BIONICLE Chronicles series as well as the Mask of Light novelization. She also is the author of the LEGO Friends chapter books due for release next year.

These are just a handful of designers I thought might be of interest to BZPower members, but feel free to choose anyone not on this list! You can learn about a lot of people who contributed to the BIONICLE and Hero Factory themes at BIONICLEsector01 and HEROsector01.My own personal choice would probably be either Christian Faber or Christoffer Raundahl. Both are brilliant designers with a huge portfolio of quality work for BIONICLE and Hero Factory. I think BIONICLE and Hero Factory fans, myself included, could learn a lot from them about the human effort and imagination that went into these themes!

Faber or Raundahl would be great (and probably of more interest to the people here who are fans of Bionicle exclusively), but Mark Stafford is one of my personal favorite Lego designers, and I'd love to be able to interact with him on BZPower.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Mark Stafford or Samuel Johnson. I need more people involved in LEGO Ninjago to join. Also, would people like Jay Vincent, Michael Kramer, and The Fold who are contracted by LEGO count?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So wait, is this just a sort of "who would you hypothetically want to join?" type of thing, or is it actually going to have an effect? I suspect the former, but might as well ask anyway. :lol:Also, Faber hands down.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Faber and Raundahl would probably be the ones of most interest. Although I want to see more stuff on the former's blog, and he seems to be short on time to update that, so I'm not sure that him joining would be the greatest. :shrugs:Also if Bob Thompson joined that would be hilarious. (He's the original creator of the Bionicle concept, for those unfamiliar.) I just imagine him walking in on an S&T discussion...seeing all the bring back Bionicle arguing topics...

Cathy Hapka. She's personally responsible for some of my favourite storyline moments and truly made Metru Nui a wonderful and lively saga.
Ummmm... I'm confused. Did she even write anything for the story during the Metru Nui story arc? She certainly didn't write any of the books during that time. Or did you mean Mata Nui? Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

No she didn't, that was Greg. She did the Chronicles books. I lump her into those books for some reason. Regardless, that was a very good time for lore.But also, still very much her to the topic's question.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Front. That guy is tops.
Oh, Erland? Haha. He keeps giving slight hints towards upcoming sets on another site, it's kinda funny to watch everyone try to puzzle it out.
Ha, I forgot about Front/Erland! He'd definitely be awesome to have on BZPower, what with the hints he frequently drops about future Hero Factory sets and parts.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my all time favorite employee will always be Steve Witt, but of course there are a couple issues with that, one being he has already joined and well, he technically doesn't work for them anymore!Though we could use a little Kevin Hinkle (SP?) action up in here! He's pretty great, and can draw like a maniac to boot!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Well my all time favorite employee will always be Steve Witt, but of course there are a couple issues with that, one being he has already joined and well, he technically doesn't work for them anymore!Though we could use a little Kevin Hinkle (SP?) action up in here! He's pretty great, and can draw like a maniac to boot!

Kevin Hinkle's actually already here. He participated in one of the recent Art Contests.

Kevin Hinkle's actually already here. He participated in one of the recent Art Contests.

Oh yeah, that's right!

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I was going to say "Steve Witt because he's literally the greatest and he's already a member so that saves everyone some trouble" but then I remembered he's not with Lego anymore :(

So instead, Jim Foulds so that we could talk about that one time he had like 30 Thai iced teas with Bulltop and Hanni and Yannick and me in Manhattan and then paid for all our meals.

Edited by Andrew Arthur
bring back "an cool dude"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...