• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Who is the best Toa of 2005-2008?

Toa MakutaSlayer13 best 2005 2008

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Offline MakutaSlayer13

MakutaSlayer13
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 1 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 11:12 AM

I want to know what other people think about the best Toa. Personally, between 2005 and 2008, I really liked Takanuva. He's actually a bit like Matoro. Starts out as an ordinary Matoran (even though he is the chronicler), becomes a Toa, risks his life to stop Makuta taking over, saves the universe. Except he doesn't die like Matoro did. Then you have to consider their weapons.Takanuva (2008 version): Giant 3 pronged staff, Midak Skyblaster, Mask of Light, power over light and shadowMatoro (Mahri version): Twin cutter, Cordak revolving blaster, Mask of Reanimation, power over ice, guards the Mask of Life.So if I had 2 choose a favorite, it would probably be Matoro and Takanuva. I love BOTH OF THEM so much I can't decide!!! I'll just bow before both of them. :bowdown: So, what do you guys think? Who is the BEST Toa from 2005-2008? :smilevakama:

#2 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,365 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'd say either Jaller or Hewkii. Jaller was a great leader who led his team to victory as well as one of the bravest Toa ever, and Hewkii is just awesome.Also, Lesovikk is pretty cool.Oh, and the Toa Nuva are all awesome. Well, the Inika/Mahri are all awesome too, but Jaller and Hewkii take the crown.Oh, and I like the Hordika too, if they count. And the Toa Hagah were awesome as well. But still, Jaller and Hewkii, man. Edit: Also, the word "best" is really subject to opinion was well as... definitive. Next time, I'd suggest saying "Who's your FAVORITE Toa from 2005-2008".

Edited by Makuta Matata, Oct 29 2012 - 01:45 PM.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 07:45 PM

Besides Matoro, Lesovikk is pretty cool. I don't know why but I like his character a lot.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#4 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 07:59 PM

Jaller.captain of the guard, leader of the Toa Mahri, Toa of Fire.always keeps his cool and thinks things through (not easy for a toa of fire).loyal to the end, and then some.etc.if you can find something against him, your dilusional. :dazed:

#5 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,889 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 08:46 PM

Can I say two? I liked Matoro for the obvious reasons, and Toa Ignika because he was, in his own way, trying to be Matoro. The Mask of Life was so impressed with Matoro's devotion to his friends and his cause that it wanted to know what it was like to be a Toa as well, which I found kind of touching (especially considering that the Mask's "personality" didn't seem to have been as affected by its previous wearer). I loved how this legacy manifested in the sets, too: Toa Ignika had significant similarities to Toa Mahri Matoro in his build, and likewise Toa Mata Nui later used motifs from Toa Ignika.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#6 Offline -Jaller-

-Jaller-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 29 2012 - 09:38 PM

Jaller.captain of the guard, leader of the Toa Mahri, Toa of Fire.always keeps his cool and thinks things through (not easy for a toa of fire).loyal to the end, and then some.etc.if you can find something against him, your dilusional. :dazed:

Yes Jaller is the best. You totally got it right.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna:  :matatu:  :mahiki:  :rau:  :komau:  :ruru: 

#7 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,273 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 12:49 AM

Hm... I'd say Lewa because of his sense of humor and loyalty to his friends and his duty as a Toa. Oh, and Kopaka. :akakunu: Because, Kopaka, that's why. :P :akakunu: EDIT: Didn't notice the 2005 thing. I guess that means I can't really use Lhikan, then. lolPosted Image

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~, Nov 05 2012 - 02:28 AM.

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#8 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 05:13 AM

lesovikk because i like his background.

I'm back!

#9 Offline Vakama-san

Vakama-san
  • Members
  • Toa

• 187 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'd say Matoro, as well.He gave up his life to save Mata Nui and the Matoran Universe. It was sad, as well as epicI also like many others, but if I had to choose one, it's Matoro.
Posted Image

#10 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,113 posts

Posted Oct 30 2012 - 05:31 PM

Storywise, the best Toa between 2005-2008 was Matoro, for he gave his life for the universe. But I still think Lesovikk was one of the best too. He was a really great character in the story.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#11 Offline Axonn's Fury

Axonn's Fury
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,872 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2012 - 07:38 AM

Iruini, Norik, Lesovikk, and Vakama/Onewa
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#12 Online Voltex

Voltex
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 4,474 posts

Posted Nov 01 2012 - 08:42 PM

Lesovikk has always been far too underappreciated in my opinion - I really enjoyed the tragic take on a character, since that was fresh for the Bionicle story. I don't think any of the other Toa introduced have had as much depth, possibly barring the likes of Vakama, Takanuva, and maaaybe Matoro.-ibrow

book_2_logo_v2_small.png

^CLICK TO READ THE PROLOGUE!!^

REVIEW TOPIC

#13 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Repulsion

• 19,288 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 04:43 AM

2005-2008?Definitely Vakama. He had so much moral complexity for a Toa back in the day.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#14 Offline Toa Cehk

Toa Cehk
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 417 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2012 - 02:09 AM

Definitely Matoro.

ñ

#15 Offline 27sean

27sean
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 12 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 02:00 PM

Toa Nuparu of the Inika. Not necessarily his personality, but the Kadin accompanied with his mounted zamor launcher was ridiculous.

sabbaticgoat.jpg

Divine Seere for the Brotherhood of Legion.

#16 Offline Pikiru

Pikiru
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 62 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 09 2012 - 08:28 PM

I actually liked Nuparu for is personality. He was an engineer and inventor and he loved learning, but was also quick-witted and resourceful. :smilenuparu:

#17 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 09:52 PM

Best Toa? Well I don't know. Toa are supposed to be heroes so maybe Matoro or Lhikan.

#18 Offline darkslizer

darkslizer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 158 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 12:21 PM

Matoro, duh. He gave his freakin' life to save the freakin' Universe! I can't really see why anyone would pick anyone else.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply.                Create.                  Consume.

#19 Offline CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 01:02 PM

I like all the Toa Metru

#20 Offline Toajaller1

Toajaller1
  • Members