But at least you had fun...

fishers64

In the end, why are you all on this board? Are you out to achieve some crazy mission? Or are you just here to have fun? If BZPower stops being fun, will you leave? I want to say, when the board goes down for good (if it ever does) "But at least fishers64 had fun." What do you think of that attitude torward this website? Would you like to be able to say that about yourself? Why? Why not?

Edited by fishers64

I'm here because I have to Black Six made me the site and its members are fun. Sure, we have our fair share of drama, but while intense, they are aberrations. Most of the stuff that goes on here is lighthearted and fun, and that's what makes it great.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

No, I don't have any sort of awesome or epic goals here. I'm just here to have fun. This site is the only site I know where we can actually discuss (properly) about Lego. It will a sad day when this site goes down... for good. Also, the members are great people.

Edited by FrozenFlash

pWPTu7m.jpg

Most of the members are chill. I like the contests. It's given me chances to improve my writing abilities. Yeah, I'm here 'cause it's fun, 'cause I don't want to lose Bionicle. I don't think I'm ever gonna stop having fun with Bionicle (if not the toys, the story and culture), and thus I don't think BZPower will ever lose it's merit to me.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

I have bro's here. You know who you are. ;) As long as they're here, BZP will never stop being fun.

Edited by Eponine

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I'm here to blow stuff up and to use the word logic, and I'm all out of... wait... no I'm not.

Edited by <shockwave>

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I don't think the "well at least I had fun" attitude is a very good one. With anything in life, really. Life isn't about just having fun, in my opinion, but in achieving some higher goal. Obviously it's a lot smaller when you bring it to something like BZPower, but I think, in a way, it still applies. Not just staying because "I had fun", but rather, staying because of what the site means to me, the friendships I've made, the goal I want to accomplish, or whathaveyou. I would go a lot deeper, but that'd just be getting wayyyy off topic, and I'd rather keep this about BZPower. =P In short, though, no, I would not be able to say that, and I do not think that is a good attitude. But so, why am I here? There are three main reasons, really:

1. The people. I have made some of the most amazing friends because of this site. I spend hours a day talking to some of the people here -- literally, hours -- and I love every minute of it. No, I don't like everyone here, but I have made a lot of amazing friends, and for that, I will be forever grateful. Why leave the place that has brought me so many good memories because of the friends it has given me?
  2. I'm a writer because of BZPower. This is where I first got my passion for writing, my interest in writing. If I hadn't joined here, who knows when or even if I would have ever started writing. So, it just means a lot to me. That's why I haven't resigned my position as a staff member here, and that's why I am always as helpful as possible -- BZPower helped me discover one of my greatest (what I like to consider) talents and one of the things I love doing most. For that, I will be ever grateful, and until I am literally unable to, I will be glad to help out. Which goes along with the last main reason:
  3. The writing community. Yes, I could join some other writing forum. Yes, I could find some club or something near where I live. Etc., etc. But why should I? I have many friends here who are also writers, and I started writing because of here. It makes sense to keep my writing (at least, my appropriate writing) here on BZPower, including COT stories (hence my intense desire for a COT library). But anyway, that's another rant entirely.

So if all my friends left and all of the writing community died, would I leave? I don't know, maybe not -- I'd still want to stay and help as long as I could, to give back for what BZP has given to me. But, I doubt that would happen, anyway -- I'd imagine that BZP would be basically dead if all my friends were gone and the whole writing community was dead. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I'm here because of the site's tight-knit community and uniqueness among Lego fansites. I'm not really trying to accomplish anything except participating in discussion, but I do like it here, so I guess you could call that fun. Blogs are just about the only section of the site where I engage in fun for fun's sake, though.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm here because of you, Fisher. :3 If you ever leave, what's the point?(Oh yeah, stories and other friends may have little to do with it)
1) Thank You. I'm flattered. 2) Thank you for pointing out, directly or indirectly, a clarification that the first post badly needed. :)3) I would only leave if I thought there was no point to being here. However, I would hope that you would see a point to being here even if I was not, which would encourage you to stay. Don't weigh BZPower by my scales - it is very much a possibility that I will have to leave someday.
I don't think the "well at least I had fun" attitude is a very good one. With anything in life, really. Life isn't about just having fun, in my opinion, but in achieving some higher goal. Obviously it's a lot smaller when you bring it to something like BZPower, but I think, in a way, it still applies. Not just staying because "I had fun", but rather, staying because of what the site means to me, the friendships I've made, the goal I want to accomplish, or whathaveyou. I would go a lot deeper, but that'd just be getting wayyyy off topic, and I'd rather keep this about BZPower. =P In short, though, no, I would not be able to say that, and I do not think that is a good attitude.
I think you missed the point of this topic. This topic is not endorsing Just Having Fun and throwing higher goals out the window. I have higher goals myself in life and...on here. The attitude I am speaking of is just this, that realizing despite whatever hassles and crazyness there might have been on this website, you were able to have fun. Perhaps achieve those higher goals too (and make friends, and all those other examples you gave in your post). :)Does that make sense?

I think you missed the point of this topic. This topic is not endorsing Just Having Fun and throwing higher goals out the window. I have higher goals myself in life and...on here. The attitude I am speaking of is just this, that realizing despite whatever hassles and crazyness there might have been on this website, you were able to have fun. Perhaps achieve those higher goals too (and make friends, and all those other examples you gave in your post). :)Does that make sense?
I never said the topic was endorsing it. You asked what people thought of the attitude, I responded. I would not want to say that for myself. I wasn't saying that, if you do say that, you're throwing higher goals out the window, I wasn't saying that you shouldn't have fun here, nor was I saying that you shouldn't be able to have fun here. I was saying, simply, that no, I would not like to say that for myself. When all's said and done, BZPower is gone, etc., I would not like to say that at least I had fun. Why? Well for the reasons I already listed, but I'll say it again, in a different way: When BZPower dies, I don't want to look back on it and say "oh, well, at least I had fun." Obviously I want to have fun -- obviously I want to look back on my time on BZPower, and see that I had fun. If I didn't have fun, and I stayed 'till the end, that's just sad. But I don't want to have the attitude of "at least I had fun." Key words being "at least", here. When BZPower is gone, I want to be thinking about the things done here -- goals accomplished (yes, accomplishing goals/passions is fun), friendships made (and, yes, friendships do make things fun -- again, obviously I want to have fun), the things BZPower has given me (for example, writing is fun -- BZPower played apart in "giving me" my passion for writing). If BZPower dies, or if some, I don't know, "tragedy" happens to BZPower, I don't want to just be like "oh well, at least I had fun" -- rather, I want to be able to say something like "It's a shame, but at least this happened, and it gave me this, etc."I don't think I missed the point of the topic. I was replying to the words you stated -- what I think of the "at least I had fun" attitude. I'm saying that, in the end, I don't want to take away from BZPower simply the fact that I was able to have fun. When BZPower dies, I don't want that to be the first thing I think. It's like if I have a horrible season of basketball, I don't want to look back on it and say "oh well, at least I had fun." I want to be able to say "well, this sucks, but at least I was able to improve personally as a player. At least I got closer to X friends. At least I taught myself to work hard and set priorities. At least I was able to take care of my body. Et cetera." Yes, I had fun still. But I don't want that to be what I say when it's all said and done. Hopefully this clears up what I was saying.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I think I can say a lot more than just "at least I had fun," and I'm glad for that! BZPower has literally affected my life in ways I never anticipated. Because of BZPower, I met some of the best and most important people in my life, and because of one of them, I picked up and moved halfway across the country. And regardless of the outcome, I'd do it again.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Initially I kept around because of the members I knew, all the friends I made here, the kindness tossed my way when I was into posting stories and epics around the old forum. So, in a way, yeah it was about having something fun to do in my free time -- BZP was the first forum I ever stumbled onto, or knew about for that matter, and it was about something I enjoyed. But looking back, joining BZP and interacting with so many different people changed quite a few things about myself. For one, I became a lot more invested in creative writing, reading, playing Role Playing Games (Started with TBRPG's, then into video games, and have been sources of creative inspiration for a while now -- plus it spurred me to eventually join another site, where I met amazing people I likely wouldn't have met if BZPower never got me into the hobby). I'd wager that BZPower is the reason why my reading comprehension and writing is where it is and why I'm able to excel in courses that focus on those things ( with needing to do very, very little :B ). Knowing the people I do, having seen the drama that has cropped up time and time again and going through my own issues alongside those times made me a more confident and comfortable person with who I am, really. So while I had tons of fun (and still do, don't worry!), there were also a lot of important things that happened either because of this website or through this website that may not have happened otherwise (namely, through the people on the website). (I might be a completely different person then, even -- and wouldn't have met the amount of wonderful people I have). Woo, long winded post go

I'm here because I really like the community. I only have a couple other accounts on sites with forums. (One of them is for my job.) I don't really communicate with other members on those sites like I do here. And besides, I'm still interested in Bionicle, so there's that too. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

My mission here is to infiltrate Six's inner circle, gain his trust, and cause the downfall of BZPower.Or because the site is a good time killer.
Please, I've been on that mission for years. Reaching the inner circle means nothing, he still won't trust you with the keys to the website. :(But in all seriousness, I've already gotten so much more out of this website than I could ever have imagined, anything past this point is gravy. Good friends, a loving audience for my comic, and a front seat to some real popcorn-crunching drama.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I am here because, to put it simply: Bionicle is my life.Anything I have that one might call a social life, is BZPower. BZPower has stopped me from commiting suicide. BZPower is the place I go to when i've had enough of the (Kane-ra Dung) life throws at me.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I'm here to blow stuff up and to use the word logic, and I'm all out of... wait... no I'm not.

^The most fun post in this topic.Well, did I have fun? Yes. Did I ever not have fun? Yeah, plenty of times, if not more than the times I had fun. So why am I here?1), to stay in touch, 2), I don't know what else, and possibly 3), to butcher grammar by putting commas after the half-parenthesesed numbers I just used, plus 4), "parenthesesed" is not a word.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

^The most fun post in this topic.Well, did I have fun? Yes. Did I ever not have fun? Yeah, plenty of times, if not more than the times I had fun. So why am I here?1), to stay in touch, 2), I don't know what else, and possibly 3), to butcher grammar by putting commas after the half-parenthesesed numbers I just used, plus 4), "parenthesesed" is not a word.~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

Why thank you! :biggrin:though it might be in the wrong order... But either way it works. Edited by <shockwave>

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

^The most fun post in this topic.

Why thank you! :biggrin:though it might be in the wrong order... But either way it works.

Yeah, it seems to work fine.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I honestly don't know why I'm here. The old forum was my life. But now, my interest in Bionicle has mostly died, I haven't talked to any of my friends since the forums came back, and I enjoy the other forums I frequent more. But something keeps me coming back, every day, and I don't know what.So my answer is: I really have no idea

HarryLiamLouisNiall

Four boys, One Direction

rip zayn :(

I wanted to be original, but then I remembered that I am mainly here for the community. ><As for 'but at least'... hm."But at least Taka Nuvia learned how to draw decently."*"But at least Taka Nuvia learned how to draw comics""But at least Taka Nuvia met awesome people."*because you know, BZPower really was what inspired me to start drawing back in 08/09 ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I don't think the "well at least I had fun" attitude is a very good one. With anything in life, really. Life isn't about just having fun, in my opinion, but in achieving some higher goal.
Cue gripping existential discussion! :PAnyway, I'm not out on some mission to accomplish certain things, really. It's more that I build and write and enjoy sharing those things, as well as communicating with the cool people and friends I have here. So if BZP goes down, I'll be able to say more than just "I had fun," as I'll be able to talk about how I've grown as a writer, MOCist, and person in general from my activity here, in addition to having obviously had a lot of fun while it lasted.~B~

I don't know about you guys, but I'm here because I failed at being competent and now I'm being used for simulation exercises for freelancers while being assigned to guard some flag I don't even like. Wait, no, that's not it...I'm here because I love talking to a good amount of people here. Also, I'm collaborating with a couple other members on a project which is really fun. I also have a few connections with a handful of the members here, so if the site goes down, I could still chat these guys up. Also, there are other Bionicle communities (small as they may be) elsewhere, so even if this site falls, it won't be the end of all things Bionicle in my life (plus, this site gives me little feedback compared to other places. I'm definitely not here to have my topics/blog get replies and views. XD).There are people here that make me laugh, smile and even let me join in a small debate from time to time. I enjoy those things, so that's why I stick around. If the day does come when this site shuts down, I'd be fine with saying "at least I had fun" because those things shouldn't be taken for granted (and that's something I take pretty personally)

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I'm here for the community. My original goal was to become an OBZPC, but I was promoted to staff before I ever got that far, so goal failed I guess. I'm glad I've been given the opportunity to help out the most important community I have ever had the honour of being associated with. BZPower has affected my life in so many ways and I have countless amazing memories. Everyone here has helped me improve in my writing, art, building, social skills, and everything else that nobody IRL ever cared enough to ask about, and I cannot express how thankful I am to everyone.In eighty years, if our community is dissolved and everyone has all but forgotten about that old line of toys Lego once produced, I want to tell my grandkids about the best part of my childhood, and that is being able to chill with everyone here.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic