What are the interests of the Dark Hunters?

If I had to sum it up, I'd say the Dark Hunters are only interested in profit and power.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

The Dark Hunters are concerned with profit, power, and influence. They don't need any real reason to be greedy; there are plenty of people in real life who are greedy without having another "goal." The Shadowed One's long-term goal, as far as I can tell, is simply this: amass power and keep it.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

well if i remember at one time they were also concerned with tactical locations such as when they tried to get a base in metru-nui. i definitely think that with spherus magna since they no longer have to worry about the brotherhood i feel they will become a major power player. my real question is i think that the dark hunters will start recruiting skrall since there are so many of them and the skrall could be an indispensible force

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I've always seen them as a combination of the mob and the world's biggest group of mercenaries, who occasionally also have a militaristic flair when it suits them. I thought it's always been pretty clear that The Shadowed One, like Makuta, had dreams of bigger things, even if the majority of the other Dark Hunters don't, but never had the exact vision or opportunity that drove Makuta to victory.

rahkshi_symbol.png

• 4 weeks later...
All the treasure found goes towards the Shadowed One, offering no monetary gain for anyone else.
I think I read somewhere that although TSO punishes them for not giving him the expected loot, he does allow a little slip through just so that they stay loyal. Or maybe I was just imagining things. He probably pays them.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Yeah, the Shadowed One probably gets the special stuff he's after, but he must arrange for each Dark Hunter to get payment somehow. That's kind of the whole point of the organization.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think in the Dark Hunters book, it was mentioned for Savage that "his pay would be docked for the damage he caused to his cell", so presumably Dark Hunters are paid. It would make sense that senior and especially talented Hunters would be paid more than rookies.I think the Dark Hunters may have collected tribute from some areas as well as the money from completing missions for clients.And finally, defeating the Makuta seems to have been TSO's main goal since their war started.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

They were allies for a long time, maybe most of their history, but Teridax's killing of Nidhiki and Krekka was seen by the Shadowed One as an unforgivable insult. I think relations were also strained three hundred years before that, when Teridax attempted to have the Dark Hunters he hired to guard the Mask of Light executed for their failure.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Yeah, they generally just do whatever other people want them to for money. They don't often do things by their own accord, but they do force Matoran out of resources in exchange for "protection" and tried invading Metru Nui. The Shadowed One, in his insanity, seems more preoccupied with accumulating power and wealth than doing anything with it.As for their pay, Gatherer and Primal are known to collect trophies of conquest, plus the line about Savage's pay, so they probably get some sort of reward. I assume that, aside from whatever they were contracted to steal, a Dark Hunter is allowed to keep whatever he can get unless the Shadowed One sees it as claiming for himself.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well.Wait, since when was TSO considered insane? A little megalomaniacal, maybe, but I didn't think he was crazy.
Not Vezon-level insane, but he certainly wasn't the most mentally sound person in the MU. His obsession with Metru Nui could be cited, since he didn't realize it would be in actuality quite difficult to win (sure, Metru Nui had no Toa before, but anyone could assume some Toa would volunteer when it was threatened).

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

He had a chance at winning that war. I don't think trying to take Metru Nui was a crazy idea.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

I thought he had hundreds invading the city.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Oh, right... anyway, do you have any more questions, Magnetic Vorahk?

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Oh, right... anyway, do you have any more questions, Magnetic Vorahk?
I think It's rather hard to say you've got no more questions about Bionicle :)
I believe he means on-topic questions, specifically. ;)And yes, I think there are certainly hundreds of Dark Hunters. After all, there are a whole lot of "grunts" who have no abilities or anything other than smashin' stuff. XD

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It wasn't like the Shadowed One knew that it would be difficult. After all, no one had tried to take over Metru Nui before. (At least, the way TSO tried it - it could be argued that the Barraki tried, but I think that was a bit more intimidation and negotiations than sending the Kanohi Dragon on a rampage.)

And yes, I think there are certainly hundreds of Dark Hunters. After all, there are a whole lot of "grunts" who have no abilities or anything other than smashin' stuff. XD
Yeah. I'm not sure how many people work for the Shadowed One and how the Dark Hunters are structured, but I was under the impression there were lower-ranking mercenaries that weren't Dark Hunters in the same sense as the elite operatives we know of. After all, they have a fleet and that would take a lot of underlings to crew.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Yeah, they're basically money freaks. But what do they do with all of that money? Does it just sit around collecting dust?
It's probably used to purchase new equipment and weapons. I've heard the TSO is assembling an army and plans to use his virus thingy as a superweapon. It can be assumed that the bulk of his command force is made up of experienced hunters. However, I think they want more than money now...

Lariska, who was more than just a low-rank, was deployed to Metru Nui. Hakann arguable was, too.Plus, Lhikan was on the island before the war, so the Shadowed One knew what he was up against. I also got the idea that he was kind of paranoid when he killed Ancient.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

well according to the new greg f answers the shadowed one is planning on creating a new organisation on spherus magna

Last time we talked, you had mentioned that TSO is building a new army of rogues. Is he calling this new organization the Dark Hunters still?No, I do not believe so. I think a new time and a new place would call for a new name.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

well according to the new greg f answers the shadowed one is planning on creating a new organisation on spherus magna

I suppose that isn't very surprising. Teridax and his army of Rahkshi minions really did hit down hard on the Dark Hunters during his reign, and getting flushed out of Odina would've had a very big impact on the organisation. If the Order fractured and spread out around that time, then I'd say it was likely the same happened to the DHs. Besides, I think a totally groundshaking event like the reformation of Spherus Magna and the merging of two totally different civilisations would be a good opportunity to start again from scratch, no? :P

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."