A V-3 Halloween - Ghosts of Comedies Past

The Dark Chronicler

Well, I never finished Last Year's Halloween Special, but here's this year's.

A V-3 Halloween

Ghosts of Comedies Past

6:00 A.M.

V-3, Toa of fire, sat outside his home, carving away at a pumpkin. He had actually remembered to wake up early enough this year. The Halloween party wasn't until six, but he was sure he could get done this time, not a problem. Though, he really did wonder why he was the one chosen each year to host the Holiday parties, you think everyone would have wizened up by now.That's when he realized he had just unconsciously carved the pumpkin beyond recognition is his distraction. "Ugh... okay, new plan. No Jack o' Lanterns." With a slight sigh, he tossed the pumpkin to the side into a large pie of other mangled attempts.There was the sound of a crash nearby, along with screaming, as a vehicle rocketed around the corner. V-3 could already guess who it would be, and he couldn't say he was glad to see that person.As the horribly beat up moving van pulled into view, he knew that he was very clearly wrong. Then the vehicle's doors burst open, revealing an odd assortment of people."V-3, I'm sure you remember us." Spoke the first, a Matoran of iron, with a very strange cape. It was made out of a chain link fence. "Because we're back."The second, an Onu-Matoran, decided now to speak up. "You haven't used us in one of your comedies for a long while. Why?"V-3 seemed a little surprised, but clearly has failing at trying to hide it. "Uh... Hey Random, hi Kayep. What are you guys doing here?"The third, a Toa of fire, stepped forward. "Hey V-3, It's me, Virthee. You know, the detective. The Detective who you just stopped writing about. Yeah, I think you can guess why we're here.""... You want me to write?" Was the Writer's response.The fourth stepped forward, a machine of green and grey. "Affirmative, we would like to see that you have not forgotten us.""I... I guess I can write something about you all..." V-3 responded, looking into the faces of the van's passengers. "But first I need to get the Halloween party ready for later tod-"Random stepped closer, revealing a lighter in his hand. "It would be a terrible thing if some of your newer writing just went up in flames, wouldn't it?""... Right, New writing up right away!"

7:00 A.M.

"Funnier, It's not funny enough!" Random barked, as V-3 frantically wrote comedy upon the pages of a pad of writing paper. "It needs more of me in it!""This is a Kayep story, it doesn't even include you!" V-3 whined back."It does now!" Kayep responded, with a sinister grin. "And Virthee, and-"V-3 winced as the list of characters to include went onward. He'd have to do the writing, it was up to him to keep everything under control. He was wishing he had just let someone else plan the party and have slept in.

8:00 A.M.

There was a knocking at V-3's door, indicating the arrival of someone, and he could guess who it was. "Can one of you get it?"There was a resounding "No." from all of those who had arrived in the van."Fine, I'll go... If I may leave the writing for a few moments." When none of them refused, he quickly bolted for the door. As he opened it, it revealed the grinning metal face of none other than Makuta Junkyard. "Hey Junkyard, I can't really talk right now, my guests want me to keep writing.""Oh, that's fine, I was just here to help you get the party... what guests are you talking about?" The Makuta questioned, inviting himself inside.V-3 followed after the unwanted guest who had, like the guests before, made himself at home already. "My old Comedy characters, they want me to write more about them, and all in a single project... It's not fun."As the guests all turned to look at the newcomer, Junkyard stopped in his tracks, getting a slight frown upon his face. Then he unexpectedly turned around, and walked out.V-3 stared in confusion. "Well, that was Weird, maybe-""Get back to writing!" Came the invading group's response.

10:00 A.M.

Makuta Junkyard sat in a large parlor of his home, along with a few other people. "I'm sure you know why I called you all. What we're dealing with here is not exactly a normal situation." He stood up, walking into the center of the room. "V-3 has a few... unwanted guests in his home, who are forcing him to write, and not do all the stuff he's supposed to be doing. It is interfering with my desire to bob for apples on Halloween, as he has done nothing to prepare for the party. You are all here because you are the only ones who were willing to listen... Er, the ones ones capable of getting this accomplished. We, are going to be hunting ghosts... the ghosts of comedies past."One of the people raised their hand. "Hey dad... I have my art class project I still need to finish later... So we really kind of need to get this done quickly.""Sure Virahk, this shouldn't take more than a few hours." Junkyard responded with a slight grin, eager to get going."Oh joy... Maybe I should sit this one out then, I've been working all week on this project and I really don't want to end up unable to complete it." Virahk responded with a slight sigh."Nonsense, You've got a perfect score in that class, you can afford to miss an assignment." Junkyard remarked."But dad... this assignment is worth ten percent of my final grade!" Virahk remarked, looking sadly up at his father."How about we let him finish the assignment first, before we go to rescue V-3?" Suggested the third person in the room, a Toa of stone. "I'm sure my brother can survive that long."

12:45 P.M.

"And it... is... ART!" Virahk shouted, lifting the canvas above his head. "Glorious art! The embodiment of thoughts and emotions, the true window to the soul, the-""Yeah, It's a pretty picture." Junkyard remarked dully. "Now let's get to rescuing V-3."Virahk's smile faded very quickly. "Yeah... I guess..."The Toa of stone, Te3e, walked up towards the painting. "I think it's nice, Vibgyor.""Thanks..." Virahk responded to Te3e calling him by his nickname.The fourth and final member of the team finally decided to speak up. "If we're going to rescue V-3, it might be a good idea to do it now, before he writes himself to death. I mean, obviously that can happen, right?""Yeah." Te3e Agreed. "Let's go."

1:30 P.M.

The four rescuers walked up to the front of V-3's home, each carrying a vacuum with a strobe light attached. It was hunting time.Te3e and the fourth member of the team burst in through the door, getting a startled Phantom Virthee by surprise. One quick vacuuming, and he was sealed away inside of an inescapable plastic garbage holder."Good shot, Kayep!" Te3e commented, talking to the Onu-Matoran."Thanks! Now let's find the fake me!" The Monster-Hunting Matoran grinned."Junkyard slipped silently down the hallway, he approach silenced by his silencing Makuta power of silence. There was no way the ghosts could hear him moving about, no way they could ever tell that he was waiting in silence, ready to bring them down." That was when he realized that narrating his own actions wasn't the best way to be stealthy.From around the corner, came a phantasmal machine, a green Vahki. "You are not permitted to be here. Leave the area immediately, we need no more distractions.""Eat dust bunnies, you comedy ghost monster!" With that, the wailing apparition was pulled into the cleaning device with the force of a thousand brooms. Junkyard merely smirked.The smiling Rahkshi Virahk walked down a hallway, whistling a cheerful tune. Sure, there were ghosts around, but ghosts couldn't hurt anyone, could they? It didn't really matter though, they didn't put up much of a fight when trapped inside of a vacuum, as he was sure the Kayep ghost in his vacuum was finding out.

1:35 P.M.

The four hunters converged, right outside of V-3's writing room. Here was the final battle, they were going to free V-3 from the ghosts that plagued him. It was going to be a epic tale for the ages, or at least to tell around campfires. As Junkyard opened the door, they were not prepared for what would happen next.There was the Random phantom, standing over V-3 like a predator over its prey. V-3 was writing, seemingly mindless scribbling away on paper. That was when the ghost noticed them. "Sooo... Youuu think youuu can stop meee?" It hissed, a ghostly laugh echoing out from its ectoplasmic throat."Uh... Yeah, that's why we have the vacuums." Junkyard remarked. "If we didn't have these, it might be another story."As Virahk tried to use a vacuum to inhale the ghost, a clawed hand ripped through the suction tube, rending it useless."Okay, not a ghost." Te3e remarked with surprise. "What we have here is a visible Poltergeist... not good.""Now, Letsss get seriousss." The evil creature hissed, as sharp spikes grew from its back, its hands lengthened into talons, and its eyes began to resemble those of a cat. Then, it began to increase in size, smashing through the roof as it grew. trapped inside of it was V-3, still blankly writing onto a pad of paper."Well... that doesn't make any sense." Virahk remarked with a confused glance. "I mean, why would it suddenly become some giant monster?"Te3e let out a slight chuckle. "I was honestly expecting a marshmallow man... this is a bit disappointing."While they were speaking, the massive creature stomped out of the building with a mighty footstep. It was heading towards somewhere they could never reach V-3, he would write eternally. There was the perfect location just a few blocks away, the tall building that was the Comedy Forum Standards building, a rather impressive skyscraper.Seeing the direction the creature was moving in, Junkyard cringed in irritation. "Ok, first Ghostbusters, now what? King Kong?" With a sigh, he climbed out of the wreckage of the nearest wall, and dashed off in the direction of the tower. The others were quick to follow.

1:50 P.M.

The massive creature lifted its phantom body higher and higher, climbing up the tall building to keep the writer from being freed. His comedy would live again, T and V Detectives would survive and grow anew.From the ground, the four heroes watched the sight grimly."I told you it was King Kong, I told you!" Junkyard shouted irritably. "Now what? How do we bring that thing down?""Uh... dad... You know I can fly, right?" Virahk questioned, looking at the Makuta with a strange expression. "I can just go all Biplane and bring that thing to ground level."Kayep grinned widely. "That's a great idea, let's go with that!"

1:52 P.M.

Virahk smashed into the ground, having been knocked from the sky. "Ugh..." He triggered his power of quickhealing, to get back into fighting shape. It also had the side effect of causing him to teleport about a dozen feet to the left. Sometimes he hated his powers, Junkyard's attempt at making a Super Rahkshi didn't turn out so super.With the cheering of Te3e and Kayep, and Junkyard muttering to himself, he found the courage to fight again. He couldn't let himself be defeated!

1:56 P.M.

Virahk was thrown to the ground by the massive creature, once again needing to heal himself. This time zapping himself in the process. "Don't worry, I'll bring this thing down, one way or another!"

2:00 P.M.

Virahk swooped around the massive creature, dodging its clawed hand as he arced through the sky. This time, the monkey was going down, painfully. As it readied to make another swing, he charged strait into its chest, smashing through, and ripping V-3 from inside it.With a horrific scream, the ghost fell backwards to the ground, smashing everything beneath it.Landing carefully, Virahk dropped the stunned V-3 to the ground. "Mission accomplished!""Great, now that was interesting! Hey, anyone else here hungry? I know this great Chinese Restaurant..." Te3e grinned, speaking with his stomach.

2:30 P.M.

The five sat inside of Junkyard's Limousine, eating in the parking lot of the Chinese takeout restaurant. V-3 seemed to be recovering, though he still mumbled about writing more. Everything seemed to be going perfectly fine.Then Te3e noticed the root beer in his cup was starting to ripple. "Uh oh...""Oh great, Jurrasic Park too? What's next?" Junkyard grumbled.That was when they saw the large Poltergeist charging up behind the limo, hunched over and now with a tail. Needless to say, Junkyard floored it.Kayep looking into the side mirror, seeing a very bad sign. "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear!"The creature was gaining on them, the limo was built for style, not for speed. It wouldn't be long before the ghost caught up to them, and they really didn't want that to happen. They just had to keep on driving for their lives.

3:00 P.M.

The chase was still going, the creature was almost upon them now, there was very little time before it was all over. With a sigh, Junkyard revealed a hidden switch in the dashboard. He waited, and as soon as the creature opened its mouth, he pressed the button. The trunk of the limo snapped open, ejecting a extra tank of fuel that was stored there. It hurt, that fuel was expensive... and he just hoped no one saw the body that had been launched with the tank."What was that?" a startled Te3e remarked, watching the fuel tank lodge itself in the mouth of the creature. "Why did you even have something like that in there?""I work in the weapons business. This whole car is loaded with weapons. But I only need one... me." He leaned out of the limo window, letting the steering wheel go free, and taking aim at the tank. He sighed. "Jaws too?"A bolt of electricity struck the flammable fuel tank, causing it to unleash a blazing, Hollywood style explosion."Please tell that killed it." Junkyard muttered"I don't see it moving..." Te3e responded.Junkyard groaned. "Good... Let's get out of here."

3:30 P.M.

V-3 had finally seemed to snap out of it, after finishing writing the first chapter of some mysterious story, which he was now refusing to show anyone. Clearly whatever he had written, it was not meant for mortal eyes... or he just didn't like how it had turned out.The problem with that was that was that Junkyard didn't want to be keep in the dark. He swiped the writing pad from V-3's hand, reading the title. "Chronicle City? Eh, already bored with it." With that, he tossed the writing paper back to V-3. "Now about that Halloween party you were supposed to be setting up..."

6:00 P.M.

The guests were arrived for the party, only the find the house with a chunk of the roof and wall missing, cheesy cutout decorations and V-3 running in circles screaming with a flaming Jack o' Lantern over his head.It was just as they all expected.Vorex walked up grinning. "Hey V-3, did you see that awesome battle between a Rahkshi and a giant mutant monster thing?"V-3's reply was agonized screaming as he fell to the floor, trying to free himself from the burning pumpkin."Yeah, I know, it was crazy. Then there was this limo chase and an explosion. I wish you could have seen it, it was awesome! Did you know they never did find that creature's body anywhere..." Vorex replied, as though V-3 had actually answered.Another scream poured out of the entrapped writer."Well, I'm going to go see if there are any snacks at the party. Oh, and I think you may have something on your face." With that, the grinning Paradox Eater walked into the house to join the rest of the guest partying, none of which had decided to help remove the blazing Jack o' Lantern.V-3 hated them all so much.

Epilogue

12:00 P.M.

A black shape stood over the sleeping V-3 with a sinister grin. "Just wait... Soon we start work on chapter two..."

Edited by Wolpertinger

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Pretty cool.Needs more Vorex. :PMy favourite part was the bit with me in it. :3- Vorex
ThanksI figured you would say that.I expected that too. XD
Oh hey, it's another Halloween story! Hopefully this one will be finished. :)
... It is finished. XD

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles