Favorite Quotes

As the title says, this is a place to post your favorite quotes from just about anyway. Keep in mind BZP rules and such though, anyway.Here are some to start out with."Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."-Jeremy Clarkson"Arguing about whether the glass is half full or half empty misses the point, which is this: the bartender cheated you."-Unknown"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."-Unknown"If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea... does that mean that one enjoys it?"-Unknown"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"-Adam Savage"I reject your reality and blow it up with C4!"-A demotivational poster with a picture of Adam Savage on it.I'll post more with different themes later.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

"How hard can it be?"-- Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear"Of all the gin joints and cities of the world, she had to walk into mine."-- Casablanca(I still need to watch this movie...)"You, sir, are no gentleman!""And you, my dear, are no lady."-- Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler, Gone With the Wind"What do they call you up north, Virgil?""They call me Mr. Tibbs!" -- Sargent Gillespie, Virgil Tibbs, In the Heat of the Night"This is happy hour. Angry hour starts at ten."-- Colonel Sherman Potter, M*A*S*HI'd post more, but can't think of any, lol.

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

"You, sir, are no gentleman.""Is that supposed to be an insult?""I can think of none greater." - Roland Tembo and unnamed non-gentleman, The Lost World: Jurassic Park (movie)EDIT: Basilisk, the funny thing is that that quote was referenced in SK by Power... shortly before the great curb-stomp war started. A patient man who has no idea what he's doing isn't much to beware of.EDIT2: Remembered the precise phrasing of the quote.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I had a topic like this, but I think it has died. most of my favorites are in there.when in doubt, C4.Hobey ho, lets go. (ending to the introduction to most of the Pendragon books)I'll add (a lot) more later.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Got some more, but this time I will probably deviate from funny."You know nothing, "######" is only a word, the reality us much, much worse."-Dr. Weir, Event Horizon (just before showing the captain a vision of his crew being tortured in ######)"Non facete nobis calcitrare vestrum perinæum"-Bungie's Motto (Translation? "Don't Make Us Kick Your ######", I am not kidding)All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.-H.P. Lovecraft"Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence? It is your nature. Do you feel free?"-Durandal, Marathon"Resignation is my virtue; like water I ebb, and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved... but you imposed."-Gravemind, Halo 3I probably have more later.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

"You will never be alone with a poet in your pocket."-John Adams"It is well, I die hard, but I am not afraid to go."-George Washington "This is adding insult to injury."-Edward Moore"I rejoice that America has resisted. Three millions of people, so dead to all the feelings of liberty, as voluntarily to submit to be slaves, would have been fit instruments to make slaves of the rest."-William Pitt, Earl of Chatham

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

Got more."Of course it is happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?"-J.K. Rowling"Don't try to wake me up even if the sun really does come out tomorrow..."-Anberlin, Alexithymia (quite honestly I would post the entire song if not for it's length, but perhaps later)"The storm-maker says it ain't so bad, the Dream-maker's gonna make you mad. The Spaceman says 'everybody look down'...it's all in your mind."-The Killers, Spaceman

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

"And it's hand made in Britain! Which is another way of saying the door is going to fall off."- Jeremy Clarkson"You pick the place and I'll choose the timeAnd I'll climbThat hill in my own way.Just wait a while for the right day.And as I rise above the tree lines and the cloudsI look down, hearing the sound of the things you've said today."- Pink Floyd, Fearless"A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding."

- Isaac Newton

And pretty much any scene from Pulp Fiction.

Majhost sucks

EDIT: Basilisk, the funny thing is that that quote was referenced in SK by Power... shortly before the great curb-stomp war started. A patient man who has no idea what he's doing isn't much to beware of.
You know, I had no idea it was a real quote. I thought I was just paraphrasing Doctor WhoLets see, quotes I like....apart from anything said by any Spartan ever (which I'm sure you're all tired of hearing anyway) and quite a few lines from Lysistrata which I'm pretty sure I can't repeat here (and are probably an acquired taste anyway)...theres quite a few famous last words I like, such as Voltaire's. Upon a priest asking him if he renounced Satan he responded "Now now my good man, now is not the time for making enemies."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

"War...War never changes"Ron the narrarator, Fallout

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

In refutation of the quote about war never changing,"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein"You can't say civilization don't advance ... in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Rogers"At the beginning of the First World War, mounted troops were still considered as the main component of offensive warfare. In battle, members of the cavalry carried a sword, rifle (for use when dismounted) and sometimes a lance. Cavalry regiments were also equipped with one or two machine guns carried by a team and cart." - excerpt from an essay on the tactics of World War One."War had become nothing more than slaughtering soldiers from a safe distance. When this failed to produce victory, civilians too became targeted for annihilation. It took more than a century, two world wars and the invention of the ultimate weapon, the atomic bomb, before the impact of this change started to become fully realized: war had become 'total war'. Warfare in the twentieth century is now an industry. It is bureaucratized, to the extent that its main decisions are being taken anonymously and committed to paper by people far removed from the actual killing zones." - Hylke Tromp

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world.""If ever I become entirely respectable I shall be quite sure that I have outlived myself." -Eugene V. Debs.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

^^ Wars haven't changed, only the way we fight them.
I think you need to read up on military history - not just the tactics, but the reasons behind the wars, the mentality of the people fighting them, everything."Live with a man 40 years, share his house, his meals, speak on every subject, then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge. On that day, you will finally meet the man." - Shan Yu, quoted in FireflyI think I should probably give a brief explanation as to why I like this quote - it is not, in fact, that I think torturing someone to find out more about them is a good idea (it actually, shockingly, just proves that you're a psychotic prick), but just agreement with the idea that people reveal things about themselves under pressure that you would never find out in a calm scenario, combined with appreciation for the vivid way this is stated.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"Does this offend you as a Jewish person?""No, it offends me as a comedian!""Lemme ask you something Newman, what do you do for a living?""I'm a United States Postal Worker""Oh, like those guys who always go crazy and come back with a gun and shoot everybody?":Sometimes...""But I've been trying my best!""Exactly! You're a disgrace to the uniform!"No hints on which TV show those came from."Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'yes!'"-Winston from Ghostbusters"Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work"-Peter Gibbons, Office Space"Why don't you make ten a little louder, make that the top number and make that a little louder?""[pauses] These go to eleven."-Marty and Nigel, This Is Spinal Tap"It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that", as if it gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine. It's no more than a whine. "I find that offensive," it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I am offended by that", well so [redacted] what?"-Stephen Fry."Sometimes you just hafta take what life gives you. 'Cause life is like a mop, and sometimes life gets full of dirt and crud and bugs and hairballs and stuff. Well, you, you gotta clean it out! You gotta put it in here and rinse it off and start all over again. And sometimes life sticks to the floor so bad that a mop is not good enough, a mop isn't good enough. You gotta get down there with a, with a toothbrush ya know! You gotta scrub, you gotta get it all off, you gotta really try to get it all off. And if that doesn't work, you can't give up! You gotta stand right up, run to the window and say: "Hey! The floors are dirty as ######, and I'm not gonna take this anymore!!"-Stanley Spadowski in UHF"Sometimes, life moves pretty fast, and if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it."

"If he is not the word of God, God never spoke."-The Man - The Road (Cormac McCarthy)"Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it."-The Man - The Road (Cormac McCarthy)"If ever you feel down, remember: Time goes by. No time to cry.-My Heart Goes Nana by Millenium.(I think I ought to give that one a little commentary. The reason I consider this one great is because when I first heard it, depression was striking me hard. I'd been in despair at the time and was listening to some Nightcore to distract myself. However, when that one line came in it took me by surprise and I started laughing. It caught me so off-guard that it cleared away all pessimism and put me in a much better mood.)"I rabbled with the worst of themFell in love with the harlequinSaw the darkest hearts of menAnd I saw myself staring back again, and I saw myself staring back again."-Bartholomew by The Silent Comedy"Or must I be content with discontentAs larks and swallows are perhaps with their wings?"-The Glory - Edward Thomas(One quick word on Edward Thomas. Having been introduced to him for an AS exam, I was enamoured with his works. A lot of his poetry is filled with gorgeous symbolism and meaning. As a person, he was also interesting to research.)

Edited by Sechs - King of Facade

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously." - xkcd

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Anything from Arrested Development. Which indicates the following:"You have a mustache! I mean, you have milk on your mustache! ...I mean, you have a milk mustache!"- GOB"Way to plant, Ann!""George Michael, why don't you and Plant wait in the car?"- Michael Bluth, George Michael Bluth"Watch out for hop-ons. You'll definitely get hop-ons."- Michael Bluth(variation...)"Watch out for live-ins. You'll definitely get live-ins."- Michael Bluth"Apparently, mood altering medications lead to street drugs. That's what a handsome doctor said on The Today Show.""That was Tom Cruise the actor.""Really? They said he was some kind of scientist..."- Lucille Bluth, Michael BluthAll I could think of at the moment, there are soooooo many more to add.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

"I have eyes you know. They're right under my EYEBROWS!"--Abraham Lincoln, Clone High"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons and make super-lemons."--Principal J. Scudworth, Clone High"There's only one God, Ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."--Captain America, The Avengers"This usually works.""Well, performance issues, y'know..."--Loki and Tony Stark, The Avengers"A man only gets that drunk when he's going to kiss a girl or kill a man. So which is it?"--Henry Sturges, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

Philosopher time."The stream of knowledge is heading towards a non-mechanical reality; the Universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter... we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter."-Sir James Jean“Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains.”-Alfred North Whitehead"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."-Soren Kierkegaard"Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt...Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves."-Unknown"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."-Naquib Mahfouz"Never hesitate to ask a lesser person."-Confucius"Immorality: The Morality of those who are having a better time."-Henry Louis Mencken"The most merciful thing in the world...is the inability of the human mind to correlate all it's contents."-HP Lovecraft"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."-HP Lovecraft"Fear is the oldest and strongest emotion of mankind."-HP Lovecraft"That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die."-HP Lovecraft

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

:kaukau: The one by Lovecraft about not voyaging far just about sums up cosmic horror stories.I might as well quote famous writers now:
  • "The greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loves; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." - Victor Hugo
  • "All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come." - Victor Hugo
  • "The wicked envy and hate. It is their way of admiring." - Victor Hugo
  • "Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots." - Victor Hugo
  • "So long as ignorance and misery remain on earth, there should be a need for books such as this." - Hauteville House, describing Les Miserables
  • "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
  • "There are lies, ###### lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
  • "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain
  • "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
  • "Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times." - Mark Twain
  • "All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain
  • "Substitute '[dang]' every time you're inclined to write 'very'; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should." - Mark Twain (this is so true for me as a writer)
  • "Passive sentences may be the road to removed, but the road to removed is paved in adverbs." - Stephen King (also totally true for writers)
  • "I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries." - Stephen King (There's nothing wrong with that)
  • "Read a lot and write a lot." - Stephen King
  • "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." - C.S. Lewis (Goodness, these quotes keep getting truer and true!)
  • "No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear." - C.S. Lewis
  • "Nothing you have not given away will ever be really yours." - C.S. Lewis
  • "Reason is the natural order of truth, but imagination is the organ of meaning." - C.S. Lewis
  • "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people." - G.K. Chesterton
  • “A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.” - G.K. Chesterton (again with advice to authors)
  • “Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am. Yours truly,” - G.K. Chesterton
  • "Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out." - G.K. Chesterton
  • "Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something." - Plato
  • "I don't question why good things happen. I just accept that they do." - Jonathan Kent (yes, I know, a fictional character and not an author or philosopher like some of the rest here, but this speaks wonders)

Do not bypass the word filter! -Tufi

Edited by Tufi Piyufi
Filter bypass removed.

"He who has overcome his fears will truly be free." - Aristotle"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war." - Albert Einstein"Why is it nobody understands me and everybody likes me?" - Albert Einstein"A man does what he must; in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers, and pressures; and that is the basis of all human morality." - John F. Kennedy"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word "crisis". One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger; but recognize the opportunity." - John F. Kennedy"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." - Steve Prefontain"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion. It is easy in solitude to live after our own. But the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." - Ralph Waldo Emerson"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson"Words -- so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in the dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." - Nathaniel Hawthorne"If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people." - Virginia Woolf"If there was no faith there would be no living in this world. We couldn't even eat hash with safety." - Josh Billings"Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Mahatma Gandhi"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." Robert Louis Stevenson

WIP

"The paradox of karate is that you're using it when you're not. And that is also the goal." -Jesse Enkamp, self-entitled Karate Nerd"A black belt is not a belt. It's a state of mind." -Jesse Enkamp, again"A conversation with the right sensei is worth more than ten years training with the wrong." -Once again, Jesse-sensei"Karate makes us see sides of ourselves that we hide." -Jesse...again."Are you ready, guys!? Put ya guns on!" -Masamune Date (not the real one. The six-sword-wielding, horse-with-motorbike-handlebars-riding, Engrish speaking anime one.)"Werewolf. If I were a vampire, I wouldn't be able to eat garlic." -Me, in response to being asked whether I'd want to be a vampire or werewolf."Don't drink and drive. You'll spill your drink." -My friend. I think he got it from somewhere."Toonami's back, *****s." -TOM 3.5

"So fades the great harvest of my betrayal. Even these beasts recognized what you were oblivious to, human. Your nobility has blinded you, as ever. The Librarian left little to chance, didn't she? Turning my own guardians... my own world... against me. But what hubris to believe she could protect her pets from me forever. If you haven't mastered even these primitives, then Man has not attained the Mantle. Your ascendance may yet be prevented. Time was your ally, human, but now it has abandoned you. The Forerunners... have returned."- Didact's introductory speech to John-117 upon waking up from his Cryptum on Requiem.

Edited by -Windrider-
didact.jpg

"Dare to believe in the beauty of your dreams, but remember beauty is only skin deep." -Yes you can't"Faith is believing that a small group of individuals can accomplish anything at all." -Yes you can't "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." - A T-shirt"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." -Albert Einstein

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all