Bionicle's Main Character

I'd say that too many characters had an equal share of the spotlight for me to give a solid answer. But if I had to give name to any one character, it would be Teridax. Despite the fact that he was the ultimate evil, he was always there, pulling strings and guiding the way to the success of his Plan. No one ever said the main character had to be the hero, so Teridax is my answer.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Main characters for Bionicle are very vague, but here's my take:2001: Takua/the Toa Mata2002: The Nuva/Takua2003: Takua/Takanuva2004: Vakama2005: Vakama2006: Matoro2007: Matoro/Dekar/Hydraxon2008: Ignika/Takanuva2009: Mata Nui2010: Mata Nui, TahuIn some cases, I've listed several "protagonists" for a year. The one listed second is the less prominent one, usually featured in media besides the books (with the exception of Takua/Takanuva, who are the same character, and Takua in 2001, as the MNOLG prominently featured Takua over any of the Mata).

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

This seems to depend (partly) on which media was dominant in which year.2001 was Takua largely due to the MNOLG; had the PC game (in which the Toa would've starred) not been cancelled it might have been different.2002 featured the Toa equally; Takua only actually appeared in the Le-Wahi and Ga-Koro Bohrok animations.2003 was Takua entirely due to the Mask of Light movie.2004-5 was obviously Vakama, no question there.2006-8 is hard to decide, because the activities of the Nuva and Inika overlap.2009-10 is undoubtedly Mata Nui.

Edited by Sir Kohran

Mata Nui.We didn't know that he was until the end, but he was IMO.
I have to agree with Fishers on this one.(also, I'm surprised no one has tried to say Podu yet)- Vorex
*cough*Podu*cough* I am actually gonna go with Vakama on this one. He has the most appearance I think (at least a minor appearance throughtout 2001-2008)
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I'd say Mata Nui, insofar as Bionicle even has a main character. Mata Nui is the main thing unifying every year of the story, even if in some years we were less aware of it, and he only actually got developed as a character later in the story.Although frankly, Bionicle's story structure made it so that not every year even had a main character. In 2006, for example, pretty much all of the Toa Inika got equal focus. In 2007 Matoro got thrust into the role of hero, but arguably even then the story focused equally on him and on Jaller. 2001 and 2002 also focused on pretty much all of the Toa Mata equally, with Takua (who would later become the main character of Mask of Light) serving primarily as a lens through which we could view their exploits.To some extent this lack of a main character was one of the things that I liked about Bionicle. Focusing on groups rather than single characters allowed for all the characters to be well-developed, and for the plot to explore the characters' interactions with one another. Contrast that with stories which develop only the main character at the expense of the others, or stories which do develop other characters but only insofar as they relate to the main character (glossing over how these side characters relate to one another).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd say that too many characters had an equal share of the spotlight for me to give a solid answer. But if I had to give name to any one character, it would be Teridax. Despite the fact that he was the ultimate evil, he was always there, pulling strings and guiding the way to the success of his Plan. No one ever said the main character had to be the hero, so Teridax is my answer.signoffffff.png
That is a good one. I hadn't thought of that.

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

When I first read the title, the name Tahu immediately popped into my head. But honestly, the closest thing to a main character (if we're speaking about Bionicle as a whole, not specific story years) that the line has is Mata Nui, considering all of what happens is related to him (and a few years of the storyline took place inside of him).

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I'd say that too many characters had an equal share of the spotlight for me to give a solid answer. But if I had to give name to any one character, it would be Teridax. Despite the fact that he was the ultimate evil, he was always there, pulling strings and guiding the way to the success of his Plan. No one ever said the main character had to be the hero, so Teridax is my answer.
My thoughts exactly. Like how Vader is the real main character of Star Wars. My second choice would be Mata Nui, for almost the same reasons. Even though he's asleep for most of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean what it would most likely be, then I'd pick Tahu. He did possess the ultimate weapon of Mata Nui or whatever.(The Golden Armor) If you mean my personal opinion, then I'd pick Takanuva or Jaller. Both had a pretty prominent presence through the series.

I hadn't thought about that. I agree. Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.