Breakout Game - New(er) Levels

fishers64

It's a bit dated, but I notice that there isn't a topic to talk about the Hero Factory Breakout Game, and the update we got for the fall wave slipped under the proverbial radar. So, have any of you all played the Hero Factory Breakout game since the update in August? Did you notice any technical improvements in the Game itself? Any changes that annoyed you? And what did you think of the new levels that were added?

I have been meaning to play the Breakout game again, but every time I've gone on there I've become frustrated with the fact that for some reason it will no longer recognize most Hero Codes I input, particularly those from the mobile version of the Breakout game.The mobile version, though, is surprisingly engaging. Despite only having one level, one hero you can play as (Rocka), one generic style of villain, and no Hero customization, it was able to keep me engaged for an hour and a half the first time I played it (quite a long stretch of time for me when it comes to video games), and I've played it many times since.I've cleared the main game mode and gotten all seven achievements (which unlock Hero Codes which, for whatever reason, won't work for me on the online version). The main replay value for the game comes from the "Challenges" mode, where I've completed all five "Weapon Collector" challenges, all five "Combo Master" challenges, and three of five "Speed King" challenges. My best time in Survival Mode is 02:39:03 and my best score is 17 enemies defeated. This is probably pathetic compared to other more experienced gamers' records, but I rarely play Survival Mode and could probably do better if I bothered to spend more time practicing.I definitely recommend the mobile version to anyone with an iPhone or iPad.As for the online version, my favorite level out of the original five is probably Z'Chaya, my favorite character out of the original five is Breez (whom I've modified heavily), and my least favorite level is Scylla. The Hero customization feature is perhaps the most brilliant part of the game, especially how parts can be obtained as blueprints, upgraded, and oriented multiple ways on a Hero. Of course, it's far from realistic-- my preferred build for Breez involves every piece of arm and leg cladding being swapped for a Fortified Battle Plate, which are oriented in a way that would create obvious collisions in real life, and which for some reason cannot be rotated to more realistic positions.The lack of a level for Planet Mechna is disappointing since we know perhaps the least about it out of any of the HF Breakout locations (except that, since it's apparently XT4's home planet, there is or was at the time of XT4's creation a Makuhero Industries manufacturing plant there, unless this is simply a place where the set descriptions contradict the chapter book Legion of Darkness).

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I have been meaning to play the Breakout game again, but every time I've gone on there I've become frustrated with the fact that for some reason it will no longer recognize most Hero Codes I input, particularly those from the mobile version of the Breakout game.The mobile version, though, is surprisingly engaging. Despite only having one level, one hero you can play as (Rocka), one generic style of villain, and no Hero customization, it was able to keep me engaged for an hour and a half the first time I played it (quite a long stretch of time for me when it comes to video games), and I've played it many times since.I've cleared the main game mode and gotten all seven achievements (which unlock Hero Codes which, for whatever reason, won't work for me on the online version). The main replay value for the game comes from the "Challenges" mode, where I've completed all five "Weapon Collector" challenges, all five "Combo Master" challenges, and three of five "Speed King" challenges. My best time in Survival Mode is 02:39:03 and my best score is 17 enemies defeated. This is probably pathetic compared to other more experienced gamers' records, but I rarely play Survival Mode and could probably do better if I bothered to spend more time practicing.I definitely recommend the mobile version to anyone with an iPhone or iPad.
Yeah, the fact that the codes don't work from the mobile version is not really that great. I managed to slip most of mine in before that happened, but I think code 7's rewards might never have been used. Have you (or has anyone) contacted Lego costumer service about this? (I suppose I should do that myself, but it hasn't bothered me too much.)I will verify that at one point those codes worked. The Upgrade broke them. :PI also second the reccomendation. I played through the whole thing once but never really tried the challenges, as repetition bores me. As with all things iDevice related, the iPad version is slightly better. :P
As for the online version, my favorite level out of the original five is probably Z'Chaya, my favorite character out of the original five is Breez (whom I've modified heavily), and my least favorite level is Scylla. The Hero customization feature is perhaps the most brilliant part of the game, especially how parts can be obtained as blueprints, upgraded, and oriented multiple ways on a Hero. Of course, it's far from realistic-- my preferred build for Breez involves every piece of arm and leg cladding being swapped for a Fortified Battle Plate, which are oriented in a way that would create obvious collisions in real life, and which for some reason cannot be rotated to more realistic positions.The lack of a level for Planet Mechna is disappointing since we know perhaps the least about it out of any of the HF Breakout locations (except that, since it's apparently XT4's home planet, there is or was at the time of XT4's creation a Makuhero Industries manufacturing plant there, unless this is simply a place where the set descriptions contradict the chapter book Legion of Darkness).
I know. Breez is my favorite character as well, and I might try those Fortified Battle Plates. Most of my mods have been using code money to upgrade Breez's gun which I will admit has paid off major league. (To anyone with the blueprint, I also recommend the Ion sheild.)If I hadn't spent some time upgrading, it would be fun to give Breez Stormer's Gun and Evo's hand and see what happens. I'm puzzled on how you got through Z'Chaya with Breez, as that's Evo's level, and he has the crazy Melee Damage which really helps there, which Breez decidedly does not have.(Well, okay, I got through it, but not well...)
I've noticed that Lego has interactive hide-and-seek Breakout ads on miniclips.com, and you get three codes each time you totally complete it. I have used that to my advantage.
Good to know. :) Earning money in-game is soo slooow.

As for the online version, my favorite level out of the original five is probably Z'Chaya, my favorite character out of the original five is Breez (whom I've modified heavily), and my least favorite level is Scylla. The Hero customization feature is perhaps the most brilliant part of the game, especially how parts can be obtained as blueprints, upgraded, and oriented multiple ways on a Hero. Of course, it's far from realistic-- my preferred build for Breez involves every piece of arm and leg cladding being swapped for a Fortified Battle Plate, which are oriented in a way that would create obvious collisions in real life, and which for some reason cannot be rotated to more realistic positions.The lack of a level for Planet Mechna is disappointing since we know perhaps the least about it out of any of the HF Breakout locations (except that, since it's apparently XT4's home planet, there is or was at the time of XT4's creation a Makuhero Industries manufacturing plant there, unless this is simply a place where the set descriptions contradict the chapter book Legion of Darkness).
I know. Breez is my favorite character as well, and I might try those Fortified Battle Plates. Most of my mods have been using code money to upgrade Breez's gun which I will admit has paid off major league. (To anyone with the blueprint, I also recommend the Ion sheild.)If I hadn't spent some time upgrading, it would be fun to give Breez Stormer's Gun and Evo's hand and see what happens. I'm puzzled on how you got through Z'Chaya with Breez, as that's Evo's level, and he has the crazy Melee Damage which really helps there, which Breez decidedly does not have.(Well, okay, I got through it, but not well...)
I didn't get through Z'Chaya with Breez, or rather, I did, but not the first time. Unless something changed in the upgrade, once you've cleared a level with the matching hero you can revisit the level as any hero of your choice. So ever since I beat all of the first five levels I've mostly used Breez. After all, that way I don't have to upgrade the equipment for a bunch of different heroes.Can you give one character another character's weapon? I had thought that you could only swap characters' parts with parts you got as blueprints, but maybe I was mistaken.EDIT: Yeah, I was mistaken. That's only true of helmets and chest armor as far as I can tell.Today I tried out Makuhero City with Bulk, and it was a nicely-designed level. Fighting Core Hunter could be very tiresome (lots of chasing around small mazelike areas), but at least it wasn't a totally easy fight like fighting Toxic Reapa (who is in a big, round area where you always get a clear shot and whose most powerful attack is temporarily poisoning an easily-avoidable section of the ground). Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I didn't get through Z'Chaya with Breez, or rather, I did, but not the first time. Unless something changed in the upgrade, once you've cleared a level with the matching hero you can revisit the level as any hero of your choice. So ever since I beat all of the first five levels I've mostly used Breez. After all, that way I don't have to upgrade the equipment for a bunch of different heroes.Can you give one character another character's weapon? I had thought that you could only swap characters' parts with parts you got as blueprints, but maybe I was mistaken.EDIT: Yeah, I was mistaken. That's only true of helmets and chest armor as far as I can tell.Today I tried out Makuhero City with Bulk, and it was a nicely-designed level. Fighting Core Hunter could be very tiresome (lots of chasing around small mazelike areas), but at least it wasn't a totally easy fight like fighting Toxic Reapa (who is in a big, round area where you always get a clear shot and whose most powerful attack is temporarily poisoning an easily-avoidable section of the ground).
Yes, I know. It did change in the upgrade. Yeah, I know that strategy...I've used it myself. Limited Hero Money. I managed to get through all the levels, actually. That one I liked because of the challenge. Apparently there's a way to beat that level in 4 meters. Don't ask me how. :)Other ones - I'm just throwing this out for anyone - are Transari and Koolix IV. I'm not going to spoil these too badly, but I did like the really neat method of level navigation on Transari. (It has to do with electricity.) Also very challenging boss level, although the fact that you respawn right after you die doesn't really make it that hard.And Koolix...let's just say I really like the level. It's sort of like Scylla (which I didn't like much either...where are the blueprints? Argh.) but much more fun. I have to say that it's probably my favorite level. Least? Villain storage. Those glitches...:no: