Lost Tech Demo of BIONICLE Game Surfaces

What a lovely surprise. I had no idea there was going to be a sequel, and looking at all the things your character would be able to do compared to the rather restricted movement in Heroes, it's kind of annoying this was never completed. It looks like they got somewhere with the graphics which I think look really good (especially compared to The Game). Granted, when it was finished it might have been different, but still.

A sequel to BIONICLE: The Game? How strange! I suppose LEGO was being very careful about keeping this one under wraps, given what happened the last time they had to cancel a BIONICLE game...The game play is much more advanced than in the original, and the graphics are looking a lot better too. I have to wonder why LEGO would cancel it if it was showing this much promise.Based on the miniature Morbuzakh spiders and the disk Matau collects, my guess is that the game would have centered on the first half of 2004. That could have changed, though, if they were planning to publish the game later in the year. Although The Game didn't follow the story very closely, this game would have had more opportunity to since it only had to cover one year.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

What? Why was this cancelled? It looks great! Far superior to The Game, and even I feel like that was decent. I'm really bummed that we never got to see the Toa Metru in the The Game's aesthetics (which is one of my favorite looks for the characters). But I guess only seeing Matau will suffice. Enough to inspire artwork, anyway.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

It was cancelled presumably due to the critical and commercial failure of The Game in late 2003. Which is a shame as the animation and fluidity seen in the video are very impressive. The glimpse of dazzling blue sky through the window is particularly teasing. I suppose it must join The Legend of Mata Nui as another great could've-been.Did anyone else notice that the acrobatics (wall bouncing and running, somersaulting with poles) are virtually identical to those in the Prince of Persia games?

I didn't know sequel to 'The Game' was being made. It's a shame that it was canceled. From what the demo video showed, it looked like it would've been a really good game. Though I can't recall any moment where a Toa ran alongside a wall in the story, it still looked cool in this unfinshed product.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh my gosh. It's so amazing that this surfaced eight years after the supposed release date and nearly three years after BIONICLE's cancellation. :blink: Matau looks sooo cool on there! :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

When I saw the title, I instantly thought the Legend of Mata Nui game many of us lost hope of playing long ago. Never expected an unannounced sequel to the Mask of Light game! Looks cool, impressive graphics even for a tech demo of a 2004 game.

Edited by Valyou

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

My reaction to The Game was kind of lukewarm, and tbh I never actually played it, but just from this tech demo I'm longing to play this. It's kind of a shame we didn't get many great video games for 04-05...you could count that Morbuzahk game, I guess, where you played as Vakama, but it wasn't too exciting.

{Z}

seems like a great game but i wonder why animators cant just make the characters look exactly like the sets! its weird it seems like no one ever does that :(
What if an animator has a character pick up something?The character can't, because all the Bionicle hands are shaped weird. And what if a character talks?It'd be hard to tell who's talking, because Bionicles have big masks on.So, animators have to improvise. They need to make small changes to the designs.

seems like a great game but i wonder why animators cant just make the characters look exactly like the sets! its weird it seems like no one ever does that :(
What if an animator has a character pick up something?The character can't, because all the Bionicle hands are shaped weird. And what if a character talks?It'd be hard to tell who's talking, because Bionicles have big masks on.So, animators have to improvise. They need to make small changes to the designs.
ha yes but all the tools and everything a toa needs to hold fits in his hands with the axle connector, now all you need to do is make an axle connector on any tool he needs to pick up, and as for the walls hes grabbing just make his "hands" bend to grab on a ledge.for the talking their mouth section opens up to reveal their mouths like in TLR

I could never get past Gali Nuva's level. The water was just too restrictive. I HATED IT! Loved Heroes though.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Aside from a wonky camera, standard "bug monster" enemies, and what looks to be a couple of irritating platforming sequences, I think this looks like it could have been a decent game, especially in comparison to the other two games.Unfortunately it seems that in the games that were released, Lego never took a base idea from any successful games like Prince of Persia, God of War, or even Halo.

063-1_jpg.jpg

Well that looks awsome. $200 seems like a strech for a game demo. But still, that game would have been fun but i liked heroes better than the game due to technical reasons. but cool looking demo anyway

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.

It actually looks pretty cool, seems like it could have been fun. Anyways, I have yet to play BIONICLE: The Game, need to pick up a copy at a local game store soon for a few bucks just to check it out (However, I have played through and completed all 3 versions of Heroes, the DS one isn't just the best Bionicle game, it's one of the best DS shooters out there, IMO).

I never realized how cool a Prince of Persia style Bionicle game could be. And I always love seeing the sets shown in a different style. I think that concentrating on only one year of the story would make this game much better than its predecessor.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Ugh. Those camera angles. I know this was an unrealeased version of the game, but it looks annoying to play.
well, it IS a sequel to the 2003 game, hehehe....too soon?On-topic, surprised to see that this was even started, I guess they really expected the 2003 game to do well. I don't think the management was handled too well for these games, considering how much was cut from the release.

qs11848.jpg
^Nostalgia Trip. I was 8 years old.^
[insert 1.2mb GIF here]