Lost Tech Demo of BIONICLE Game Surfaces

Because the Hero Factory story is not develloped enough
How developed would it need to be? The Hero Factory story has been leveling up in depth recently, with the release of the "Hero Factory: Secret Mission" novels, which are just as deep as the Bionicle novels were. Don't confuse your ignorance of much of the theme's media with the theme's own story failings.Besides, a common criticism of video games is that they often have some of the weakest stories of any form of media. Lego video games themselves often ignore wide swaths of the story of the themes they depict. In fact, Bionicle itself is guilty of this: Bionicle Heroes ignored almost every aspect of the 2006 story besides the characters and the basic plot of "the Toa want the Mask of Life and the Piraka are trying to stop them!" What's keeping a similar game from being released for Hero Factory?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

How developed would it need to be? The Hero Factory story has been leveling up in depth recently, with the release of the "Hero Factory: Secret Mission" novels, which are just as deep as the Bionicle novels were. Don't confuse your ignorance of much of the theme's media with the theme's own story failings.Besides, a common criticism of video games is that they often have some of the weakest stories of any form of media. Lego video games themselves often ignore wide swaths of the story of the themes they depict. In fact, Bionicle itself is guilty of this: Bionicle Heroes ignored almost every aspect of the 2006 story besides the characters and the basic plot of "the Toa want the Mask of Life and the Piraka are trying to stop them!" What's keeping a similar game from being released for Hero Factory?
Maybe you're right but isn't there an online game?

I'm back!

There have been several online games, including the recent Breakout game, which compares favorably to games on consoles, or its iOS counterpart, which is pretty good for a free mobile game with no microtransactions. I think that largely due to the poor reception of games like Bionicle Heroes (which flew in the face of many reviewers' expectations of what a Lego game should be), Lego games which lack an emphasis on building will probably be relegated to being free online or mobile games instead of being sold for home consoles or handhelds. After all, many of these games serve to advertise Lego's own products, and games can more effectively do so if kids can play them without running into a cost barrier.

My point is that LEGO (at least at one point in time) has had the ability to create a realy nice smooth running console/pc game. I won't say that HF Breakout is a bad game, but it is very buggy, and too small for a console game. It's great as flash game but not as a full video game.

My point is that LEGO (at least at one point in time) has had the ability to create a realy nice smooth running console/pc game. I won't say that HF Breakout is a bad game, but it is very buggy, and too small for a console game. It's great as flash game but not as a full video game.
Did you play it again recently? It seems to me that a lot of the previous bugs have been fixed.

It may be lacking compared to modern console games, but I remember classic Bionicle games (yes, including Bionicle: The Game) being just as buggy, and not much bigger, either.Lego continues to release well-polished PC and Console games through TT Games, but my point was that the poor reception of Lego games which didn't embrace the Lego-ness of the source material probably has led Lego to avoid making full retail games that lack that Lego aesthetic and experience. So I doubt Hero Factory will get a full console game in the near future, not for any lacking of Hero Factory's sets or story, but for fear that a game like that would dilute the strength of the Lego brand.

It may be lacking compared to modern console games, but I remember classic Bionicle games (yes, including Bionicle: The Game) being just as buggy, and not much bigger, either.Lego continues to release well-polished PC and Console games through TT Games, but my point was that the poor reception of Lego games which didn't embrace the Lego-ness of the source material probably has led Lego to avoid making full retail games that lack that Lego aesthetic and experience. So I doubt Hero Factory will get a full console game in the near future, not for any lacking of Hero Factory's sets or story, but for fear that a game like that would dilute the strength of the Lego brand.
Personally I'd see a huge potential in a HF video game even without lacking the LEGO feeling.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I did not know there was a cancelled planned Bionicle video game sequel to the Bionicle video game, Bionicle: The Game before until now. Why did they cancel the video game sequel?:( The video about it is cool.:) From how the video showed the gameplay of the video game, it looks like it would have been a good video game.:) Anyway, why did they not tell us about the video game until now? I would have heard of it before, and if the video game would have not been cancelled and instead been released, I would have wanted to play the video game and try to enjoy doing that, like how I did with Bionicle: The Game, despite that it has a small amount of levels.:( Now my feelings are hurt because I heard that the planned Bionicle video game sequel got cancelled now.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I did not know there was a cancelled planned Bionicle video game sequel to the Bionicle video game, Bionicle: The Game before until now. Why did they cancel the video game sequel. :( The video about it is cool. :) From how the video showed the gameplay of the video game, it looks like it would have been a good video game. :) Anyway, why did they not tell us about the video game until now? I would have heard of it before, and if the video game would have not been cancelled and instead been released, I would have wanted to play the video game and try to enjoy doing that, like how I did with Bionicle: The Game, despite that it has a small amount of levels. :( Now my feelings are hurt because I heard that the planned Bionicle video game sequel got cancelled now. :(
I think you should cut down on the emoticons.Lego was very smart in not releasing info about this game. Then it would have been another embarassing Legend of Mata Nui situation where you promote it for months and then never really get around to releasing it. It makes the company look bad and it ticks off fans.And I think you have the idea that almost no video games are cancelled. Video games are cancelled all the time. It's not just Lego. Edited by TheSkeletonMan939