LEGO LOTR Video Game Released for Handheld Devices

It may still be 10 days until LEGO LOTR is released for PC, Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3, but here's a bit of good news! You can now embark on adventures with the Fellowship on your handheld gaming consoles (Vita, DS, 3DS). You can find more information and a video <a href='http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/30/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-november-13/' target='offsite'>here</a>.View the full article

It may still be 10 days until LEGO LOTR is released for PC, Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3, but here's a bit of good news! You can now embark on adventures with the Fellowship on your handheld gaming consoles (Vita, DS, 3DS). You can find more information and a video <a href='http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/30/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-november-13/' target='offsite'>here</a>.View the full article
I played the demo for 3DS. Gameplay was decent, although it took some time to get used to the controls. But more concerning to me was that from what I played, it seemed to have lost some of the humor from the older Traveller's Tales Lego games. I'm not going to blame the fact that it had dialogue (since the demo to Lego Batman II had plenty of humor), but rather the fact that what dialogue it had seemed to be lifted straight from the films. There were still background gags like in the earlier games, but there were fewer of them, and the talking diverted your attention away from them. Either the talking should be eliminated, or it should have just as much humor as the visuals, because there was a huge disconnect in my eyes between the humorous visuals and the ultra-dramatic dialogue.I still have high hopes for Lego City: Undercover, since we've seen in trailers that there's plenty of verbal humor that meshes perfectly with the visual humor. I just hope they try to record dialogue from scratch in licensed games like this in the future, even if it means having to substitute an actor for a sound-alike.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother