cybots, boneheads, buffalo's and more

toa electro

Toa Electro here.and I want to talk about unrealeased sets!first one ive always thought was cool is........... The Bone Heads Of VooDoo Island! I always liked the concept of bone heads of voodo island ,its kinda tribal and is a more concentrated native version of the earlier bionicle years.Tell me what you would have liked changed and what you would've liked to see in this theme,maybe even if this would be a way to bring back bionicle what would you do to make it more bionicle appropriate. Cybots CYBOTS_The+underground+mine.jpgCYBOTS_manifest.jpgCybots, a mashup of rock raiders slizers and technic.sounds cool , you can make vehicle people things or make one of the characters have a forklift for an arm.What do you think about it if it really was released would you but it, would you shun it? why?

Not sure if this is the proper section of the forum for this thread. But, whatever.First off we can hardly call these unreleased themes, considering they were just random prototype concept sketches, et cetera, made by people from Advance... so... yeah. I think I'd shun Cybots, they have some overall disturbing vibe to them that I just can't put my finger on. Boneheads... eh. No idea what the sets would be like, since there weren't even any prototypes made- it was just a concept precursor to Bionicle (although same goes for Cybots, to some extent).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Not sure if this is the proper section of the forum for this thread. But, whatever.First off we can hardly call these unreleased themes, considering they were just random prototype concept sketches, et cetera, made by people from Advance... so... yeah.I think I'd shun Cybots, they have some overall disturbing vibe to them that I just can't put my finger on. Boneheads... eh. No idea what the sets would be like, since there weren't even any prototypes made- it was just a concept precursor to Bionicle (although same goes for Cybots, to some extent).
D: aw man we should have a forum thread named toa electro its for all the confused unsure topic poster (thats me) :( oh well but u are right about al that stuff, i like the sound of bone heads of voodoo island though it sounds interesting.Oh i like your profile pic by the way :)

What's the deal with the tags on your topics? Every topic I've seen of yours in the past week or so has had tags related to leaked/preliminary 2013 sets in themes that have nothing to do with what the topics are about. Are you trying to funnel Google searches for 2013 info into these topics? Trying to send subliminal messages about leaked pics being available to people reading the topics? Or just trying to confuse people?Anyway, Cybots was an interesting concept (the first proposal of ball-joint-based constraction), but it lacked the potential of later constraction themes (even the similarly organic-looking and specialized Galidor). Bone Heads of Voodoo Island, being an earlier concept of BIONICLE, was moving in the direction of something marketable, but it was not yet refined enough to become a hit in the way BIONICLE did. Furthermore, I think the mythic story tone used for BIONICLE suited the eventual theme far better than the story tone Bone Heads of Voodoo Island implied with its cheesier title.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

What's the deal with the tags on your topics? Every topic I've seen of yours in the past week or so has had tags related to leaked/preliminary 2013 sets in themes that have nothing to do with what the topics are about. Are you trying to funnel Google searches for 2013 info into these topics? Trying to send subliminal messages about leaked pics being available to people reading the topics? Or just trying to confuse people?
Likely all of the above...?

but their spirits

What's the deal with the tags on your topics? Every topic I've seen of yours in the past week or so has had tags related to leaked/preliminary 2013 sets in themes that have nothing to do with what the topics are about. Are you trying to funnel Google searches for 2013 info into these topics? Trying to send subliminal messages about leaked pics being available to people reading the topics? Or just trying to confuse people?Anyway, Cybots was an interesting concept (the first proposal of ball-joint-based constraction), but it lacked the potential of later constraction themes (even the similarly organic-looking and specialized Galidor). Bone Heads of Voodoo Island, being an earlier concept of BIONICLE, was moving in the direction of something marketable, but it was not yet refined enough to become a hit in the way BIONICLE did. Furthermore, I think the mythic story tone used for BIONICLE suited the eventual theme far better than the story tone Bone Heads of Voodoo Island implied with its cheesier title.
oohh very well stated sir i applaud you . i do see how the cybots were the birth of the ball joint idea i thought that it contributed alot for the proceeding themes that incorporated such mechanisms.and as for the tags ive simply been doing what other do on any other site witch is getting the new trends and tagging them, if you thnik that is wrong please tell me i do not want to upset anyone :)

Yes, that is kind of wrong. The tags here are for the purpose of helping you find relevant topics, not ones that just happen to have "trending" tags. I'm no moderator, but that's just how I interpret it. :shrugs:

but their spirits

Apparently, another name they considered was "Dooheads"... yeah.Also, I think that if Bionicle had been called "Boneheads of Voodoo Island", it would have made that controversy with the Maoris that much worse...
I doubt it. If they weren't going to put any more effort into a name for the theme, they wouldn't have put forth the effort to give all the characters meaningful names. They probably would have been given nonsensical "tribal-sounding" names instead of authentic names from a real language. So the Maori controversy probably wouldn't ever have happened in the first place.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother