Vaal's Forge & Foundry - The First And Finest In Customization

Alright, Heir, I have recently purchased a Cendox V1 and the other five Vahki to work on making them custom and more a model. The sets should be in my possession by the start of next week. So, all I need is an address to send them to and I will send them to you as soon as possible.We can also discuss costs to you and payment options for me; as I have no doubt that material costs are big and 20 hours are worth quite a bit as well.We are doing this, Heir. We are making this happen.~Alsru~

@ Kanohi Master: I most certainly can! Lemme know what you've got on your mind.@ Alsru: I see! I see that you're determined to drive me to an early grave, at least :P I'll get my addy PM'd to you post-haste, man. But first, an update...update9.pngAs you can see, the base has proven to be quite an undertaking. Here, I've clamped the sides to the stacked base, to precipitate a smooth finish...update1.pngThis is after the four sides have been glued on, covered with wood putty, and then sanded down to get a smooth finish. As you can see here, I'm adding trim around the bases bottom for the sake of aesthetics. The gaps in the corners weren't yet filled in when I took these...update2.pngupdate3.pngAs you can see, in addition to a complete hobby bench and automotive shop, we also have a full woodworking shed... :DAnyways, from there, the base has been primed, and I'm currently working on the twisting-morbuzahk-vines-emerging-from-broken-paving-stone aspect of it. The vines will be emerging near where the "wall" meets the "street". I'm striving to make this half statuette, half vignette.aaand before I pass out from exhaustion, one more li'l ol' thing for ya'll... Infected Mata Nui.update4.pngupdate5.pngupdate6.pngupdate7.pngupdate8.pngYeah, I think I've come a ways from the old Infected Makuta Matoran, too... :PCheers,- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Well... as you can guess by my avatar, I am a RuneScape player. I have a few ideas. Like perhaps a minifigure compatible dragon scimmy? Note, that this link is not to a picture, but to a webpage. There is a picture there. I'm pretty sure that these links are not against the rules.Another idea: the Dark Bow. Same deal as above: Webpage.Idea #3. I would like a highly detailed Lego Star Wars compatible lightsaber hilt or two. Movie accurate.What do you think, Heir? Can you do it?Concerning the Mata Nui, I think it's lovely save for the BIG HOLE IN THE MASK.

Edited by kanohi_master

• 2 weeks later...

Can you make me about a dozen custom hands. I want them to look like this but without the thumb http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Voxel486/EDITS/bionicle_hand_edit.jpgI want them to be in all black and use the new hero factory 2.0 style of hand connector.http://www.joshkotoff.com/files/2011/06/articulation-2.jpg (the part in the bottom left)Don't add any exo force robot arms. I have some already

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Well... as you can guess by my avatar, I am a RuneScape player. I have a few ideas. Like perhaps a minifigure compatible dragon scimmy? Note, that this link is not to a picture, but to a webpage. There is a picture there. I'm pretty sure that these links are not against the rules.Another idea: the Dark Bow. Same deal as above: Webpage.Idea #3. I would like a highly detailed Lego Star Wars compatible lightsaber hilt or two. Movie accurate.What do you think, Heir? Can you do it?Concerning the Mata Nui, I think it's lovely save for the BIG HOLE IN THE MASK.

Hey, I'm a Runescape player too! Nice to know a Bionicle fan loves Runey too. :)And the Movie stylized Bordahk looks so real, and the little details like "chipped" paint and the little details. And the infected Mata-Nui looks interesting, what with the mask and poor Click being chipped off a little. All of your creations have amazing detail. I'm a little broke now so no order yet. Looking forward to your new creations. :)

• 3 weeks later...

After a long and harsh holiday absence, I reckon it's high time I get this ball rolling again! And to start the new year off right, I present my best work since I completed Karzahni's Olisi for InnerRayg... Alsru's Vahki Bordahk Statuette:Pic1Pic2Pic3Pic4Pic5Pic6Pic7Pic8As you all know, the Vahki's been completely repainted by hand, and the base is built from a dozen pieces of wood.For the finishing touches, the base has been painted unblemished white, to echo the architecture of Ga-Metru, the sidewalk was made from a strip of foamcore, cut apart and repositioned where it's breaking up, and the Morbuzahk vine's sculpted from a half-dozen strands of Green Stuff woven together and posed to look like roots. The bottom of the base has been covered in the same soft foam as you find on most cup coasters.I'm proud to set this statuette as the pinnacle of all the work I've done here on BZP, both in sheer detail and in pushing the boundaries of what a custom Bionicle can prove to be. Thanks, Alsru. Sorry it took so long!Now, to answer your questions, should you still be interested...@ Tiakor: Thanks, mate. Lemme know if anything should strike your fancy, and I'll get you done up right.@ Lego Obsessionist: Not the first time I've heard that from a purist :)@ Nujani: Hmmm. Aye, the Scimitar and the Dark Bow would be easy enough to do, if I had a Lego scimitar and one of the new bows to work from! The movie-accurate lightsaber hilts are another matter, however, as much of the detail on a lightsaber is on the hand grip itself; minifigure "fingers" do not lend themselves to that, limiting the accuracy of any work I could do. Just something to consider.On another note, while I never did finish up ol' Davey Jones, here, I've certainly worked in minifig scale before...Pic9@ iBrony: Thankya, man!@ Zarohum: It'd certainly be possible, and fairly straightforward, at that! Lemme know if you'd still be interested, and I can get it made up from plasticard and green stuff.@ Takanuinuva: While I can certainly make those, you'll need to supply the parts, or pay additional for me to order them in. I don't even own any of the "finger" parts, much less enough to make a dozen hands!@ Norik Ta Hagah: Appreciate the kind words, boss. My tagline's always been "The First, The Finest", and while I can't help but be the first, I do try to maintain myself as the finest, as well. :)Right, I think that's about everything. I've got another batch of customs just about finished up, so stay tuned...Cheers,- Heir

Edited by Watashi Wa
Please make sure embedded pictures are below 500KB a piece. Or, just link to them.

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Lightsaber hilts- maybe another time, I guessDragon scimmy- Well, I guess you could use a lego scimmy as a base, but the handle'd need to be mostly or completely changed. the crossguard is all wrong, and so is the pommel. You'd have to add spikes too. I suppose that that would not be too great an issue.Dark bow- I suppose that if you used the bow from the elf collectible minifigure it'd work... with heavy modification. I mean HEAVY.How much would each custom item cost? Just so you know, as you require that I get the materials for you, I really cannot order until I have them. I want to know if it can be done, how it would be done, and then what it would cost to do it.

Edited by Nujanii: Kanohi Master

Absolutely incredible work. Your skill and even patience to do that is amazing, as well as your generosity to this for others. I'm considering ordering something, but as many people here, I'm pretty much broke. Not to mention I don't know how many requests or how much time you have.I'll be keeping an eye out for more projects you post! Keep up your excellent work! :D

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Hey, I'm considering making one or two orders, and I'd like to know how much they would cost before I decide. the first I would like to order is basically just like that Vahki statuette that you made, with a couple changes. The second is another statuette, this being made with a Turrahk, I'll explain the details of what style I would like you to make it look like when you repaint it after I get a general idea of the cost, though I am aware that without many details you cannot get a very close price estimate, and I'll say that I would like it to be slot like the Vahki, with a different style base, and the repaint having a somewhat different look, and, of course, it would be with a Rahkshi Turrahk rather than a Vahki Bordakh.

Edited by Jowm

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Hey, I'm sure I replied to this awhile ago... my post has gone AWOL.What I did say was that I am starting my own little Kustom Kanohi™ (Don't steal that, it's MY trademark) business myself, selling only castings. Due to shipping charges, though, I will only be open to UK and EU residents. I've no idea how your customers afford to ship from all over the world. It will, if an obvious copy of your original name, be called Nuhrii's Forge™ (Again, my trademark.) and I am determined to live up to your benchmark of standards. Hey, if all goes well, we could set up a partnership... for now, I'm just finding a UK-based supplier for materials. Still, see you around, and happy customization!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Could you perhaps make me a Branar Skrall helmet in the near future? If so pleasse price the Item (Since it's overpriced for that simple painting at $8!).Also, perhaps I could have a visored Hau Nuva (Black, without the lightning)? Thanks! :lookhere: Sidenote: Scratch the Hau thing... Until further notice.

Edited by kopaka's kool kompanion

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

• 5 months later...

Oh, even when I saw the Bordakh on the features, I didn't realize this place was back! I've been thinking about doing some 3D printed masks (as you can see in my signature), and I was wondering if you could give me some tips about painting realistically. I'm thinking about a brown, black, or silver paint with maybe some yellow details. I want it fairly set-like, and I think I have an airbrush, so any tips would be nice.I've also been thinking about maybe some customs. Possibly a Borg/steampunk remake, a broken glass Bohrok cover, and I've been thinking about a movie-style Komau. How much would each cost, and how much work/time would that be?