• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Kini Nui temple

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline bohrokmaster

bohrokmaster
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 80 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 06:14 AM

I remember the Kini-Nui temple on the Island of Mata Nui, is the temple part of the Mata Nui robot as a planetary exploration system?

wearewaiting.gifsml_gallery_110465_100_8143.jpg  

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

KEEP BIONICLE ALIVE

And also, incidently, why people shouldn't be acting like Bionicle's "dead" -- it's still continuing in story form unlike just about any other line and has a very strong chance of coming back some day, so it's wisest for people to remain interested in LEGO, showing their support for HF, etc. The best way, as we've shown long ago, for Bionicle to come back, is for us to be on here showing support for HF and Bionicle at the same time, accepting both, knowing that one day HF too will lose the "new factor" and eventually Bionicle will be ready to come back.

#2 Offline Vote Saxon

Vote Saxon
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 52 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:07 AM

The Temple of Kini Nui is the entrance to the the Great Spirit robot and part of it's camouflage system. When the robot lands on a planet an artificial island is created over it's face, including the temple. It was also the intended entrance for the Toa Mata to enter the MU if they get activated and their Toa canisters reach the island
"The drums are coming closer"

#3 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,492 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 07:08 AM

No, it's just a temple. It was destroyed when Mata Nui awoke. However, it could be recreated by the camouflage system.

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#4 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 05:50 PM

the upper temple (with the suva kaita) is part of the camoflage system, with the spires around it acting as sensors. the lower temple however (with the giant statue) was matoran-made I belive.

#5 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 10:57 AM

Kini Nui is the entrance to the MU, but the temple is just part of the camo system.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 252 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 03:55 PM

Kini-Nui is the entrance to the MU, but the Matoran built on it and made it a temple.
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#7 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,299 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 02:06 AM

To the title question: Yes, but not exactly.

Kini-Nui is an element of the Great Spirit Mata Nui's planetary exploration system. Once deployed, it assumes the form of a temple, from which the meaning of its name, "Great Temple", is derived.

Element of, not the full system.

Kini-Nui operating system was created and installed by the Great Beings during their construction of the Great Spirit's planetary exploration system. The main function of its spires is to be sensors for Mata Nui, informing him of surface events while he was observing a planet. Another function is to allow residents of the Matoran Universe safe passage to his exterior if needed, through a passageway covered by the Suva Kaita.Kini-Nui was retracted each time when the Great Spirit left a planet and extended each time when he landed.When the Great Cataclysm caused the accidental deployment of the Great Spirit's camouflage system, the spires of Kini-Nui were deployed, piercing through the center of the newly-formed island of Mata Nui. Makuta Teridax had inadvertently constructed his Mangaia lair near the Kini-Nui mechanism. This allowed the lair to be accessed through the Suva Kaita.

So basically it's an "antenna" for planetary observation, in addition to an exit for Matoran if necessary.

Edited by fishers64, Nov 07 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#8 Offline LockmanCapulet

LockmanCapulet
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 35 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 09:18 PM

It is an entrance to the MU (specifically, Mangaia), but the Matoran and/or the MU's camoflauge system disguised it as a temple.

wikipedian_protester.png

#9 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,121 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 04:12 PM

It's like a hatch for people to go into to head back into Mata Nui.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#10 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:10 AM

According to BS01, the part of the temple that was part of Mata Nui's system would normally retract when he prepared to leave a planet, but as his awakening was a sort of emergency procedure, non-vital systems like the temple were cast off that time.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users