Deep down, we are all in love with Madonna. There actually is truth to the myth about "vampires before garlic", just not the vampire part. Parasitic insects who suck blood from animals and/or humans actually avoid garlic properties in the blood. For example, if I ate a lot of garlic on a regular basis, mosquitoes would most likely not suck blood off of me. But I don't need garlic, mosquitoes hate my blood. Hate feels good.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

*Incoming Transmission* Hironobu Sakaguchi had not had much success in the video game industry and decided to make one last attempt at making a video game. If he could not make it a success, he would move on to another industry. He named the video game what he thought it would be: Final Fantasy. *End Transmission*

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

The iron in your heart was created in a star. You were once (at least on the very basic chemical level) part of a nuclear reactor a million miles around.

Hah, I read that as 'irony'. There's a punctuation mark for irony. It's a backwards question mark. There is also a punctuation mark for exclaimed questions (we use '!?' but there is a proper mark) - it's called the interrobang, a combination of 'bang', typography jargon for '!', and interro-, from 'interrogative mark', or '?'. It looks like this: ‽ and was invented in 1962

Halo was originally planed to be a real time strategy gameThat in Raiders Of The Lost Ark, they were planning to have Indygo into a whip fight with the sword guy in Egypt, but Harrison Ford was sick thatday, so they him shoot the sword guy instead.Bioncle was originally vs the Boneheads of Voodoo IslandAlmost all Chuck Norris 'Facts' are not trueIn the last Cutsceen of Halo, when Chief takes of his helmet, there is actuallyanother helmet underneath.Nobody expects the Spanish inquisitionI like random stuffThat a Taku is a bird in the bioncle universe( I recently found that out.)Thats all I've got for now.

The iron in your heart was created in a star. You were once (at least on the very basic chemical level) part of a nuclear reactor a million miles around.

Hah, I read that as 'irony'. There's a punctuation mark for irony. It's a backwards question mark. There is also a punctuation mark for exclaimed questions (we use '!?' but there is a proper mark) - it's called the interrobang, a combination of 'bang', typography jargon for '!', and interro-, from 'interrogative mark', or '?'. It looks like this: ‽ and was invented in 1962
Whoa, that is awesome. I am going to start using that :blushlaugh: @taku nova of planet earth: Boneheads of Voodoo island‽‽‽

IetTsFQ.png

-A supercomputer FINALLY found an end to pi

But wait, if pi has an end, that would mean it's not irrational! This changes our whole view of math if it is true.Now...useless facts...(drags out multipal copies of Ripleys) - "in-disc-rim-in-at-I-on" contains seven words in order- Shakespeare's daughter could not read or write- George Washington was not the first president of the US. It was John Hanson of Maryland, elected by congress under the Articals of Confederation, 1781.- Benjamin Franklin invented the harmonica- the Indian word for New York is Manna-ha-ta, or "The Place of Drunkenness"- "I Love You" and "Isle of View" are the same phonetically.

you have a greater chance of being attacked by a cow than a shark

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

^ It's the useless FACTS topic, not the useless regurgitation of horrible old memes topic. No human has ever died by being hit by a meteorite, but a dog once did.

you have a greater chance of being attacked by a cow than a shark

Personally I'd prefer to be attacked by a cow than a shark, so I guess that's lucky. :P

An end to pi? Source please? That is very disappointing. =(
Not true. But someone recently (as in today) calculated pi to 10 trillion digits.

^ It's the useless FACTS topic, not the useless regurgitation of horrible old memes topic. No human has ever died by being hit by a meteorite, but a dog once did.

True, but a woman was injured by a meteorite crashing through her roof a while ago. Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

False. Spiders aren't stupid enough to crawl into your mouth and down your throat.
1, some are. 2, some humans are stupid enough to eat a spider before bed.
"Back in 1993, people were already getting fooled by online urban legends at an amusing rate. So, a columnist for PC Professional named Lisa Holst decided to prove that you could make up anything on the internet and people would believe it. She did this by making up a set of facts that were utterly ridiculous, the spider myth among them (which itself was taken from a collection of insect folklore that dates back to the 1950s), and unleashing it on the world in the form of emails. In a twist of oh-so-predictable irony, people who forwarded chain mail about this just 'happened' to forget to include the fact that these were completely fake." -Levi Ricthie, The Six Most Frequently Quoted Untrue Statistics. Originally written for Cracked. As for your second, point, I have no idea what you mean. Spiders are a fairly common delicacy in certain parts of the world, but they still aren't eaten at a fast enough rate that the average person would consume 8. In addition, most versions of this 'statistic' claim that it specifically refers to spiders that crawl into your mouth as you sleep. Edited by twinArmageddons

Years before WWII made it famous the swastika was used by everyone as a good luck symbol. In Greece, India, Scandinavia, the Baltic, the Americas, everywhere

In Ontario, Canada there is a town called Swatsika, named after Swatsika Gold MIne. They tried to change the name to Winston (after Churchill) but it fell through. -Scorch

Before today, a very useless fact would've been that the state of Ohio does not have any regulations on domesticating exotic animals. Though that may change now. XD Thank goodness no one was hurt.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Only one Bionicle character's name has a Latin origin.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Whoever said that is wrong. It's a mathematical fact that pi is never ending. There are more English speakers in China than in America. (They win the numbers game, since English is a required course in school) The African Union will adopt a single currency, the Afro, by the 2020's. Every nation in Africa is a member of the African Union except Morocco, because of disputes over Western Sahara. Russia is the largest producer of oil in the world, not Saudi Arabia.

R.I.P. Hundreds of Rahkshi, Karzahni (plant), Mavrah, Kodan, Lhikan, Nidhiki, Krekka, Nivawk, Tuyet, Naho, the other seven Toa Mangai, Sidorak, a Toa of Gravity, a Toa of Plasma, a Toa of 'Silence', Reysa, Carapar, Botar, Ihu, Nikila, Jovan, Hydraxon, Morbuzakh, Antroz, Bitil, Krika, Icarax, Mutran, Vamprah, Spiriah, Gorast, Chirox, many Matoran on a southern island, Matoro, Kojol, many Toa of Iron and Magnetism, all of the Toa in a Toa Tower, a winged Dark Hunter, everyone who attacked Artahka, several OOMN members, a Skakdi in the Pit, many Matoran who became statues, Tridax, Jovan's team, Lesovikk's team, Tyrant, a group of Turaga, the Vahki, Certavus, Lein, many Vorox, many Skrall, Guardian, Nocturn, countless Rahi, the Iron tribe, Teridax, Karzahni (person), The Makuta of Stelt, Telluris, Tren Krom ... and good riddance.

Some native knowledge from a small island nation: New Zealand were the only unbeaten team at the football world cup last year. Having not qualified for the cup in 20 years, the team made it in the year the tournament was held in South Africa, with a team called the All Whites. New Zealand has 2788 endangered species of plants and animals. The New Zealand rugby team is known as the All Blacks, and the badminton team as the Black (Shuttle)cocks. New Zealand's national bird is flightless (how useless is that!) New Zealand has only 1 native mammal; the short-tailed bat. New Zealand is getting closer to Australia by a few centimetres a year due to tectonic activity. New Zealand is the home of the Maori people, upon whose language the matoran language is based. Therre are more Tongans in New Zealand than in Tonga. New Zealand recently beat Tonga 41-10 at the Rugby World Cup. The last time the All Black won the cup was in1987. The final was against France at Eden Park, Auckland. The circumstances will be duplicated exactly this Sunday. The largest high school in Whanganui is call Wanganui High School, founded in 1958. The tiny settlement of Erehwon was named because it is 'nowhere' spelt backwards.

ppg2.png

the reason there's only one native mammal in new zealand is because birds had become the dominant animals there prior to the arrival of humans. since birds are descended from dinosaurs, you could say that new zealand has been ruled by dinosaurs twice.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Umbra?
Bingo! :) It is possible to carry a 2 in some number systems, most notably hexadecimal.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Umbra?
Bingo! :) It is possible to carry a 2 in some number systems, most notably hexadecimal.
"Malum," and I think "Gelu," are Latin words as well, though.
Oh wow, you're right. Malum means "wrongdoing", and Gelu means "frost". Lego is really sneaky when it comes to names :)

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Many smaller electronics, like phones, have processors that are underclocked. Underclocked processors apparently use less energy than a processor that runs the same speed as the underclocked one at normal performance.

Not necessarily - the Galaxy Nexus is underclocked to 1.2GHz, but it's processor probably uses more power than the Sensation XL's 1.5GHz processor - GN has dual-core, Sensation has single-core. Generally performance improves over time, so a newer processor will be more efficient than a legacy processor at the same speed, but not necessarily.When you've got an underclocked phone, what it's using less energy than is the same phone running at normal speed. The normal speed will probably be comparable in power consumption to an older processor running at it's normal speed, because the manufacturers try to keep it at reasonable power consumption levels.

Years before WWII made it famous the swastika was used by everyone as a good luck symbol. In Greece, India, Scandinavia, the Baltic, the Americas, everywhere

In Ontario, Canada there is a town called Swatsika, named after Swatsika Gold MIne. They tried to change the name to Winston (after Churchill) but it fell through. -Scorch
Well like I said, it was a symbol of good luck. It was quite popular before a certain person decided they'd use it too On the African savannah Hyenas are responsible for more kills than lions

7AOYGDJ.jpg