North America was first colonized by people coming across the Bering Land Bridge from Asia. These are the native Americans.Vikings were the first Europeans to arrive in North America, but they were about 11,000 years too late (rough estimate) to be the very first people here.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The terms 'moonshine' is credit to prohibition. Moonshine was so named because it was made in the evening, by the light of the moon, so as to lower the risk of getting caught.In the Doctor Who episode The Doctor's Wife, the 10th Doctor's TARDIS console makes an appearance. The staff wanted to have an older console star in it, but as soon as one console is retired, it's torn down, so they didn't have any of the older ones. The reason they were able to have the Tenth Doctor's is because the episode was originally supposed to be in Series 5, right after the Tenth's regeneration, so they were able to keep the old console prop.Steven Moffat has stated that he based the Silents in Doctor Who off of Edward Munch's The Scream and the mythical stories of BZP Lovers.Caffeine and Carbon Dioxide are the only known substances that undergo sublimation (the process of turning a solid to a gas with no liquid state).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Not technically true; sublimation, unless I slept through that part of chemistry, applies to both going from solid to gas with no liquid state as well as going back from gas to solid. Plenty of substances do the later, water in particular; we call water snow when it does that.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Not technically true; sublimation, unless I slept through that part of chemistry, applies to both going from solid to gas with no liquid state as well as going back from gas to solid. Plenty of substances do the later, water in particular; we call water snow when it does that.

That isn't true. It's just going from solid to gas with no liquid state. However, I was indeed wrong, because there are some other substances that do so. My bad.

The Mayans created hot chocolate with Chile peppers.In WWI the two sides were the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente: Which is the same thing. Entente means alliance.In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child.Only 75% of people can lick their elbow.The dot above a lower case "i"is called a tittle.There was a program during WW2 that involved dosing Hitler with female hormones to make him turn into a woman.A cat was once implanted with a listening device to spy on a Russian ambassador. However, it was hit by a car.A headless chicken in a Michigan hotel survived for 17 weeks.

[center][size=8][color=#000080]ACTIVATE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!![/color][/size][/center]

That isn't true. It's just going from solid to gas with no liquid state. However, I was indeed wrong, because there are some other substances that do so. My bad.
Pretty much all substances can sublimate; they just have to be under the right pressure and temperature, which often is very low.~B~

• 2 weeks later...

Artwork of Queen Chrysalis, the Changeling Queen, was posted within 1 hour of the premiere of A Canterlot Wedding, and dominated artwork posts on various MLP blogs for a few days.Draconequus, the name of Discord's species from MLP, means "Dragon Horse" in Latin.Mt. Vesuvius is regarded as one of the most dangerous volcanoes due to a population of 3,000,000 nearby and its tendency toward explosive eruptions.Franklin D. Roosevelt's last words were "I have a terrific pain in the back of my head," which were spoken while he was posing for a painting. After this, he collapsed and later died. The cause of the headache was a blood clot in his brain. The portrait he was posing for hangs, unfinished, in his vacation home in Georgia. A portrait was later produced by the exact same painter, Elizabeth Shoumatoff, from memory, with the only difference between the two portraits being the color of his tie (in the unfinished, it's red. In the finished, it's blue).The chocolate chip cookie's origin can be attributed to Toll House Inn in Massachusetts, but there are several different variations of the story. The story that Nestlé claims is the real one is that the owner of the inn, Ruth Graves Wakefield, was running out of baker's chocolate and threw in chocolate chunks, hoping that the chunks would melt into the cookie and create a chocolate cookie. A variation told by a Nestlé employee is that Wakefield knew enough about chocolate that she would have known they wouldn't melt, and that the chunks were added in when the dough was being mixed, the vibrations from the mixer bumping them in and then the mixer cutting them into chunks; the story continues that the head chef, George Boucher (who is the origin of this story) resisted the urge to throw the dough away and instead baked and served the cookies, creating the cookies we know today.

Ketchup was once sold as medicine.In the American Civil War, amputees had to snort Ether, which is a poisonous gas, in order to put them to sleep, since they didn't have anestesia.shark skin can be used as sandpaper.The Matoran prefix Fe- which means Iron is exactly the same on the Periodic Table of the Elemants.Thermometers once used Mercury in them.If you played all of the songs performed by the Beatles from 1962-1970, back-to-back, it would only last 10 hours and 33 minutes.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Only one Bionicle character's name has a Latin origin.

Umbra?Many smaller electronics, like phones, have processors that are underclocked. Underclocked processors apparently use less energy than a processor that runs the same speed as the underclocked one at normal performance.
Bwahaha! Not mine (it's jailbroken to the max)You can multiply something by 9 faster by multiplying it by ten then subtracting the original number. Obvious, but useful.
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Linsang is a Japanese name for a species of animal.Quolls are an Australian marsupial species whose genus name means "Hairy-Tail".When you look at stars, you are seeing the past.The Thylacine is an extinct marsupial species from Tasmania.

Edited by Temporphilic

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

When you look at stars, you are seeing the past.

A surprising number of obvious facts are appearing in this topic.

The Matoran prefix Fe- which means Iron is exactly the same on the Periodic Table of the Elemants.

Wow, it's almost like the name for the Matoran was based on that! Who would have thought?~B~ Edited by Ballom

-There is a correlation between creativity and disorders.-The world's fastest street legal car is a heavily modified 1963 Corvette (0-60 mph in about 1 second).-There is an area in Mexico where all methods of communication fail for seemingly no reason (called the Zone of Silence).-James Dean's car brought mysterious misfortune to anyone who had anything to do with it.-The world's fastest speeding ticket was given to a man driving a Koenigsegg CC8S in Texas for a speed of 243 mph.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

-There is a correlation between creativity and disorders.

Proof please. Further, I'd like to hear what you mean by "disorder"; at this point, I can only guess that you don't mean cystic fibrosis or diabetes, but I can't be sure.As for my own fact: Though Merriam-Webster dates the term to 1983, the US Supreme Court used the phrase "politically correct" in

Chisholm v. Georgia during 1793!

~ BioGio

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

-There is a correlation between creativity and disorders.

Proof please. Further, I'd like to hear what you mean by "disorder"; at this point, I can only guess that you don't mean cystic fibrosis or diabetes, but I can't be sure.As for my own fact: Though Merriam-Webster dates the term to 1983, the US Supreme Court used the phrase "politically correct" in

Chisholm v. Georgia during 1793

~ BioGio

Specifically Schizophrenia and Bi-polar, though it probably extends to more things.Though to clarify, I was using the word "disorder" for means of communication. I of all people should have known better, considering I am one of the many with a "disorder", even though I do not consider them "disorders" especially since one of them gives me euphoria, and I wouldn't want to give that up, ever. Edited by Lazarus

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.