Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC (Djashell, Day One): A biolab would be of much use. She could figure out what colours to dress in, what to use to prevent fauna giving them away either through attacks or stampedes, maybe even what sounds she'd have to pay attention to in case it was an incoming predator or something out of place which would mean a call sign.<A botanical study would be most useful,> she said, the helmet's blank face and buzzing voice giving away none of her thoughts, <I would appreciate a view as soon as is convenient.>

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Hardcell, Deepspace, Day Two)The vibroblade simply marred the surface of the ceiling. The droid had been able to plunge through the ceiling because of it's great weight and a well-placed missile. If a vibroblade wouldn't work on the windows of the ship, they certainly wouldn't work on the ceiling, which was made of metal. A light saber might have cut through it, but a vibroblade would not. Vibroblades were made for flesh, not for metal. The hunter wasted valuable seconds on this futile endeavor.Without pity, without remorse, the combat droid raised it's turret and fired. It followed this up with two missiles. The hunter had no chance really, he'd wasted valuable time during something that would never have worked. Blaster bolts were fast, the missiles were only slightly slower and had a rather respectable range when detonated. Despite the hunter's earlier (almost obscene) luck, it seemed to have finally run out. The blaster bolt struck first, followed by the missiles. That was enough to shatter the ceiling, mixing falling rubble in with the explosion. The hunter had failed in his mission.OOC: Yeah. That should been kinda clear. If you couldn't break the windows with a vibroblade...why would it work on the ceiling?And we have our first PC fatality. Before anyone says this is harsh-I said up front the mission was insanely dangerous. I said up front that PC's could die. Construct, I'm sorry. But you made tactical mistakes and you did accept this mission, knowing the risk. If you think you have a valid way Kazar could have escaped, please PM me. But I don't see any way out of this for him. Hence, death. Missiles and blaster bolts are not slow. They're fast. The grenade bit was quite frankly nearly impossible, but I let it slide because it wouldn't change the outcome considering Kazar's next action. He wasted time on something that wouldn't work...even if it was only a few seconds, any soldier can tell you how much those matter in battle. It's the difference between life and death.IC (Harro Ruuk, Bounty, Day One)Harro nodded. "If none of your comrades have any objections, we can move this briefing to the lab." Harro had assembled a wealth of knowledge on Kalee. He didn't want to see anyone die during this mission. Aside from moral concerns, they could all be valuable assets to the Federation in the future. Besides, what kind of captain sent soldiers into the field without proper intelligence?OOC: When you land Zeke, I'll have an IC for you.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zeke, Hoth, Day 11The ship landed unimpeded. Zeke, garbed in heavy winter gear with his armor underneath, stepped out of the ship followed by Kell and three IG-86 droids, all armed with heavy blaster rifles. The group threaded through the snow up to the building's entrance."Circuits probably aren't working," Kell guessed, "we should Hotwire the lock and--"He was interrupted by the sound of several blaster bolts being fired from Zeke's blaster into the lock mechanism."Or just do that," Kell muttered.Two of the droids stepped forward and attempted to pry the door open.

67tlbk.png

IC (Harro, Bounty, Day One)Harro Ruuk nodded. "We have Kaleesh records of the area going back fifty years. They should be sufficient. This data is, of course, available to you." There were terminals avaliable in certain areas of the ship containing this information. Harro did not expect to have to wage a war on that planet just yet, but it never hurt to be prepared. In his opinion, good leaders expected the worst and then planned for it. If things went well, so much the better. If not, at least they were prepared.IC (Hoth, Day Eleven)The door gave way with a shudder before the droids incessant pulling. The corridor within was unlit and only the light from the now opened doorway showed the intruders anything at all. From the amount of water around the crater it was easy to tell that it had once been hidden under an ice shelf though much of the ice had simply been vaporized, some of it had turned to liquid water that would likely freeze quite rapidly once the fires died.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Jaron:As Solei walked off, Jaron smiled to himself. Another Dark Jedi, thinking she would get along without any Master to train her. He shook his head, finishing off his noodles, and heading off to get another bowl while he waited for the Jedi to get to this area, following Solei's trail.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Harro Ruuk, Day One, Bounty)Harro paused for a moment. "Fifth level. Whole floor. We've set aside room CD-3 for your use. You will find a terminal and refreshments provided." Harro turned to the other hunters. "If any of you wish to join him, please do so. We will have some time to plan during the journey. By all means, if you need to rest...rest." It wouldn't do to push them now. They would need their energy for the mission.IC (Palpatine's Estate, Day One, Naboo)Palpatine smiled and nodded. "Excellent. Excellent. Now onto the matter of your payment...how much is the standard rate for a work of this nature?"IC (Solei, Coruscant, Day One)Solei did her best to vanish into the crowd, she had heard of a used starship sales area hereabouts. She would vanish into hyperspace and head to Ziost. Then she could begin her studies. The constant press of bodies on Coruscant was growing somewhat tiresome. The only good thing about it was how difficult it made her to detect. Or at least, that was what she hoped.

IC(Taskforce Serpent, Ison, Day Eleven): Even as the stricken A-6 and the pirate corvette went down together, the remaining starfighters, and the two heavier attack ships, refocused their firepower on the remaining three corvettes, with missile fire from the Headhunters and the Bellator streaking towards the fleeing pirates, supplementing the lasers and turbolasers that painted the space between the combatants in garish shades of green and red (OOC: Yes I know real lasers in vacuum would, due to their lack of interaction with air molecules and the greater usefulness of invisible portions of the EM spectrum, be invisible. Rule of Cool says shut up, this is Star Wars.) and would, by this point, most likely be scoring telling hits against the remaining CR90s, as the Bellator and Thunder Child had concentrated their fire on the single downed ship to a much lesser degree than the fighters had."Captain, the Credit's life support systems are in unstable condition. Beginning docking procedures."As the Captain confirmed the situation regarding the Credit, the Albatross moved in on the stricken vessel, and the pilot of the rescue frigate carefully maneuvered it in to dock with the doomed Commerce Guild vessel.OOC: Apologies for the lack of a description of how the Albatross does this bit, as I have no idea how it docks, and the picture on the wiki isn't precisely being helpful. A subsequent IC will not give a description of the procedure, because I quite plainly do not know what the procedure is.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Harro Ruuk, Bounty, Day One)"Miss Cetru, you will find some quarters waiting for you on the same floor, next to the others." Harro inclined his head at her again, sign of respect. "You can depart now if you so wish, you might want to get some sleep in. We'll be heading into hyperspace soon." Then he shrugged. "If you wish to sleep in your own craft of course, that is your prerogative I will of course, post security droids about to ensure your safety." And to make sure they didn't steal anything. He didn't think they would, but you could never careful enough in this line of work.IC (Ison, Day Eleven)In an uncharacteristic move for their selfish kind, two of the CR90's surged forward to shield the third which was still making for the outer limits of the planets gravity well. Their shields flashed and flared as they were struck by the formidable weapons of the Republic fleet. The CR90's weapons blazed in return, flashing against the shields of their foes. But they were outnumbered and outgunned. It couldn't last forever. Soon their shields buckled and explosions began to consume them as shot after shot struck home. Their armor crumbled, vital components were hit and the ships were soon dead in space, slowly being consumed as system after system failed. It was over in minutes.Aboard the CSV Credit, Hu and the crewmen were rushing aboard the rescue ship, hauling wounded in stretchers and, as per Commerce Guild policy, wiping the computer systems. Just in case. Their cargo however, was left intact. Sixty Dwarf Spider droids stored in the cargo module. Very valuable. Hu would need to discuss that with his rescuers ..and thank them properly.

OOC: Now that a demo has been given of what Taskforce Serpent does, my offer for people to submit crew for it still stands. The obvious pick is one of the remaining fighters, but you are by no means limited to that. Profiles for crew, if anyone's interested (I've received one PM expressing interest, but no profile as of yet) are to be put by me first, so I can make sure they'll fit (this will consist mostly of advice for minor tweaks here and there, unless you've managed to seriously misunderstand the sort of people likely to be on a low-paid Republic pirate-hunting taskforce) and then by one of the people who actually work here to make sure the characters are actually good enough for the RPG (this will usually consist, as you well know, of Basilisk smacking your fingers with a dusty old copy of the Necronomicon).IC(Taskforce Serpent, Ison, Day Eleven): Some members of the crew of the Albatross were helping out aboard the Credit, particularly with moving the wounded to the medical bay aboard the rescue frigate.Meanwhile, aboard the Thunder Child, the captain was wrapping up his oversight of the battle. He'd seen one of the A-6 Interceptors go down, but, in the heat of battle, had not seen the markings identifying which fighter it was. A quick role call was needed to confirm the identity of the downed pilot. Once that was done, he made a combat log entry, to be forwarded to High Command as soon as possible, recording the pilot's rank, name, role in the operation, and status. As with all such high priority log entries, it required verbal confirmation."Lieutenant Hoban Tudyk, fighter pilot, deceased with honors."A keen eye at High Command would note that every report of a deceased crewman from Taskforce Serpent came in with the same status designation, which denoted exceptional service and required a raise in the compensation given to the deceased crewman's next-of-kin. It was the Captain's little way of getting even for the shoestring budget he and his crew were forced to operate on, and of honoring those who had, for the most part, volunteered to serve on the Rim, away from friends or family, chasing pirates through the darkness.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Ison, Day Eleven)Hu made his way through the corridors of the rescue ship, looking for someone of authority. These officers have saved his life and Hu was up to date enough on current events to know how criminally underfunded they were. His sense of honor wouldn't allow him to leave them uncompensated. What the Guild didn't know wouldn't hurt it.

IC: (Erif, Day One)Erif facepalmed. "Guys, I've overlooked technology. We have access to the biggest network of security cameras in the galaxy, and we're not using them." The Twi'lek shrugged. "How about we do." I started toward the nearest console.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Jedi Temple, Coruscant; Day One]The Devaronian was quite surprised with Erif's idea, it was quite an ingenius idea, one that Faraxa didn't think she would have come across. When one lived in a Temple focused on studying the Force, it was easy to forget that one lived in a modern world. There was no point in following a faint Force-trail that probably lead to a dead end, and technology couldn't be fooled by the Force. Sometimes, the simplest option was the best.Following the Twi'lek Jedi over to the console, Faraxa looked over his shoulder at the holoscreen. "We should have her face on file, right?" she asked as the screen lit up and the network was accessed.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Security Network, Day One)A scan of Solei's facial features, combined with the miracle of a wireless connection and obscenely fast processors saw to it that her general path was presented to the Jedi. She was currently making a determined trot to a used starship lot in the undercity. It was hard to get a good look at her face, but the few times a camera had managed it where enough. The Jedi had the general location of their prey. If they moved quickly, they would likely be able to catch up with here. Provided they had a rather nice ship or air craft.

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Jedi Temple, Coruscant; Day One]"There, look," the Devaronian Jedi said, pointing towards the glowing red line the wove its way through the city. Judging by its general direction of the undercity. A few seconds later, and the database identified the area she was heading as a used starship lot. Well, it didn't seem like she would be sticking around for much longer. They could possibly reach her, if they moved quickly enough.There wasn't anytime to waste, and Faraxa wasn't too keen on rushing into things, but time wasn't something they had right now. A plan could be made as they got there.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC(Taskforce Serpent, Ison, Day Eleven): As it happened, the commander of the Albatross was waiting fairly close to the medical bay, as the input of the person who had been in charge on the Credit was rather important in deciding where Taskforce Serpent - now carrying rather a lot of passengers - would go next. He was also overseeing the transfer of wounded personnel to the medical bay, of course, but he could have had any officer take care of that if he'd wanted.OOC: If you want to play the commander of the Albatross, the gender is not set in stone - 'he' is just shorter to type than either 'she' or 'the person of indeterminate gender.' Rather obviously, important officers will be put under more scrutiny by me, and, given the lack of freedom of movement, all characters will be put under considerably scrutiny, as the main thing to keep them from just sitting there will be interaction with other military characters (which implies a certain degree of professionalism).

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: (Erif, Day One)Erif frowned thoughtfully. "I got a fighter I can get down there quickly in. I can probably take a passenger, but it'll be a squeeze. Best plan would be for the person with the fastest ship too get down there and slow her down while the others catch up. I've got a souped up Delta-6. You guys?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Hu, Ison, Day Eleven)"Pardon. Do you have a moment?" Hu plowed on regardless of the officers reponse. "You saved my life and the lives of my crew. I can never repay you for this....but, I can do this." Hu quickly passed the officer a datapad containing the droids activation codes, information on reprogramming this batch of droids and the exact location and number of them. "Shipment was destroyed when the pirates attacked. Such a shame." Hu then wondered away, heading to the medbay to do what he could for his crew.IC (Solei, Day One, Coruscant)The used starship lot was a large place, but Solei's eyes were drawn to one ship right away. It needed a new coat of paint, but otherwise it was ideal. It was one of the new KR-TB Doomtreaders. It was a fast ship, well armed and had a shield worthy of the name. They were also very expensive new. The price shot way down after they were used, largely because the maker didn't provide support for resold vessels. This ship would do...all that remained was to find the owner and pay for it. Wouldn't do to steal it and attract even more attention to herself.

OOC: I'm really just overjoyed that all the Firefly references are being caught, being as both Basilisk and myself are big fans, but I would appreciate it if someone caught this other reference that I made in naming something.IC(Task Force Serpent, Ison, Day Eleven): The commander stood there mutely for a minute, staring at the datapad in his hand and trying to get what had just happened to click in his head. After that, he strode off down the corridor, personal COM-link in his hand. Finding his personal quarters, he stepped inside, and activated the COM-link."Captain, we have a situation here. Appears the crew of the Credit have decided to... Well, they've donated a significant number of droids. Combat models, based on available information. Orders, sir?"---Captain Otto Mosal stood on the bridge of the Thunder Child, staring at his COM-link with an interesting expression - somewhat like he'd just become acquainted with a half-brick in a sock, except he was also rather pleased. Pleased, confused, and giving superficial symptoms of a mild concussion. The Captain straightened up quickly, and replied."Obviously, Commander, the droids were destroyed by the pirates. Any pirate to subsequently hallucinate the presence of these droids amongst our infantry forces will have to be posthumously diagnosed with severe dementia. Such a shame, really, that they don't take better care of themselves."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Palpatine's Estate, Day One, Naboo)Palpatine looked slightly taken aback for a moment before recovering. "Very well. Four hundred credits it is then." He paused for a moment and checked a display on his datapad. "I have dignitaries to entertain, is there anything else you wish to discuss?"

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Jedi Temple, Coruscant; Day One]"I offer to follow on foot," the Devaronian Jedi said, "In order to cut off anyother means of escape. I can move fast through the streets, and can use the map to get there faster."Faraxa didn't want the holocron thief to disappear into the undercity, as it would then be impossible to both find the Jedi and retrieve the holocron. If anything, Faraxa would be able to find the thief quicker on foot, and stall while the others came.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Jedi Temple, Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa watched the Jedi run down towards the landing platforms, before grabbing one of the datapad aviable. She quickly downloaded the map from the teminal onto the pad, and slipped it into her belt. With directions now handy, Faraxa started down the Temple steps, following the faint Force-trail left by the holocron.It wasn't easy, and at times she had to double back on her search. However, with the ability to step through walls in her way, Faraxa was making good progress. Once she got close enough, though, she would have to head down a few levels, and then check for exits from the area.OOC: *gets excited for plot*

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Jaron:Just as Faraxa passed to a spot near where Solei and the Holocron had been mere moments ago, she managed also to pass right through Jaron, likely not noticing him at first. However, he rather easily noticed her-the feeling of having a second Force Sensitive nearly in the exact same space that he was in was not a pleasant one for him, though he was still able to keep himself hidden."Why, Faraxa," he said, not turning to view the woman who just phased through him, "It's been forever since last I saw you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Solei, Coruscant, Day One)Solei had, in rather short order, located the lot's owner. He had been asleep underneath on of the starships, evidently repairs didn't rate highly on his excitement lists. He was a Geonosian, which considering that species isolationist bent, was highly irregular. Solei didn't much care though. The stubborn insectoid was demonstrating skill in the art of haggling."I don't care if your the High Priest of the Way itself, this ship isn't going for anything less then sixty-one thousand credits." The creature had a cybernetic module attached to it to allow it to speak basic. Often with a dry and petulant tone.Solei shook her head. "The market price for a KB is fifty thousand. No more. No less. The manufacturer doesn't even offer support to used craft and-""I don't rightly care. Sixty four or nothin." The creature shook it's head and it's wings fluttered in agitation.OOC: Two GM IC's incoming.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: new ProfileName: Vikentios ZaizhranSpecies: HumanGender: MaleHomeworld: CalipsaOccupation: Currently unemployed.Abilities: Vikentios Force Abilities: Vikentios is quite force sensitive but for some reason he either got overlooked by the Jedi Order or his parents refused to send him to the order. While he has some force abilities developed through self training, they are no match for an actual Jedi Knight or Sith Lord.Equipment: Lightweight suit of armor hidden underneath clothingWeapons: Lightfoil (weaker lightsaber), Defender sporting blaster pistolAppearance: Around 6' 2", he has black hair, and an Asian like face.Personality: Vikentios is extremely pessimistic and jaded. When sober, he can come across as extremely rude. When drunk, hen will come across as a whiner and a suck-up.Biography: Vikentios was born to one of the lesser nobles of House Calipsa. His family was rich enough to afford a lightfoil but they were considered by many of the other nobles to be on the lower end of society. Vikentios, like many Tapani youths, grew up to become a saber rake and fought many duels, losing most of them. When infighting in the Tapani Houses caused the fall of his family, Vikentios fled to Coruscant with what remained of the family fortune. He is currently seeking work.IC: VikentiosA Tapani nobleman walked into a bar and ordered a drink. Sipping his drink, he thought to himself. "Why did my life have to turn out this way?" he thought. He had had a hard life, chock-full of losing and humiliation. Reflecting on his bitter past, he drank some more.