Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC (Mandalore, Day One)The envoy shrugged. "I am certain the Deputy Minister will not mind. His table has more empty chairs then not in recent days." The envoy turned to regard one of his comrades, a Duros clutching a datachip. "Unless you wish to accompany us now, we will provide you with directions to the deputy's domicile. I trust this satisfactory?" One well-traveled in the galaxy would place the man's accent as Vendaxan in origin. Anyone who knew about that planet would be able to deduce that, by sheer virtue of surviving there long enough to adopt an accent, this fellow must have interesting tales to tell.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Cyare"We'll take the directions." Cyare answered, speaking up for the first time since the envoy arrived. "And be present at the correct timing."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Mandalore, Day One)The envoy shrugged. "As you wish. Ger? If you please." The Duros strode forward and passed the datachip to Cyare, as she had made the request. "The Deputy Minister keeps open hours. If he has an hours warning, he will be able to meet you at any time." Then, as one, the envoys turned about and headed to the exit. With only the lead envoy hanging back with some parting words. "Have a lovely day." With that, they went through the entrance and down a hallway.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Cabur:"Let him know we'll be there around dinnertime," Cabur said, watching the envoys leave. "Around sh'ehn." He then turned back to Cyare fully, inclining his head."Now that we're done with that," he began, "Ret'urcye mhi. Let's meet up outside the dock office when it's time to head off." That said, he quickly moved off himself, paying the dock fee for the ship, and then starting to walk off, for the northern part of the city-to go past the walls, and out to a spot in the forest, near the river, somewhere calmer than anywhere else he'd seen in his travels. He needed to go there.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: CyareCyare waited for Cabur to round the corner, before she set off in the same direction. Her footsteps made no sound against the ground, and she stayed far enough back that she wouldn't be noticed.However, once they reached the gate, their paths finally diverged. He headed one direction, while she headed the other.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]The Devaronian's mouth formed into a small smirk from Jaron's irritation. "Its alright," Faraxa said, glancing over to him, "I reallt don't mind."She wasn't really paying attention to the holo, anyway.
IC-Jaron:Jaron looked over to Faraxa, giving her a sheepish smile as he did so."Yeah, well, the fact that I either did something stupid, or I did something stupid because of somebody else, annoys me. I doubt I'll be forgiving myself any time soon."

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]The Devaronian rolled her eyes Jaron, shaking her head slowly. Just being around him made it hard for her to be sad, something that Faraxa greatly appreciated now. "I'd tell you to stop worrying and watch the holo, but I doubt you'd listen," Faraxa said to him, a hint of amusement in her voice. Yes, it was either the bad holovid or Jaron that was making her feel better, and she was willing o bet it was Jaron.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Ic: Winter's torch effortlessly carved a hole in the thick glass which she removed with a suction cup handle and placed the removed sheet on the porch. She stepped tentatively into the elegantly decorated hallway, stopping once to listen. Faintly, and distinct from the sound of wind pouring from the hole in the glass, she could hear voices and the telltale flap-flap-flap of a Toydarian's wings, around the corner as the hallway turned right a few yards to her left. "We have you cold Gatus, you might as well come clean. You really should have known better. The IGBC deals with strange account activity with... commendable efficiency. You'll find that this..." A pause. "..has given me all the power I need to take your office apart, dissemble your accounts and in general make your life as miserable as possible." The voice was annoying and high-pitched but not young, with a good dose of arrogance. Gatus, she knew, was her target, but this other man...This investigator was not an eventuality Winter expected, but it was only a matter of time until they came this way, either by their own will or being alerted to the wind seeping into the hallway. Keeping her fingers brushing against the grip of her pistol, Winter dashed to the right and crouched down behind a particularly bulky statue. Here she would either wait for her target to come into view or be able to fight whatever came this way. And if that oddball person asking questions doted towards her, she would have no reservations about nailing him in the head, too.

IC(Kalee, Day 11): Djashell calmly stepped out of the shuttle, eyes wary even if they hadn't had her helmet's visual-based scanners helping them out, hand hovering over the pistol at her hip. She knew the TradFed probably hadn't set this up as a trap, but there was no harm in being cautious. There could have been a Huk patrol simply wandering past as an unlucky coincidence. Or a predator unhappy at having it territory disturbed. Or even some Kaleesh who weren't expecting her believing she was a Huk attack. The odds were on her side though. There was no threat, no incoming attack, no waiting ambush. It was good to feel the tingle of anticipation again though. The rush of blood through her veins, the crackle of nerve endings recording as much information as they could, the heady tang of adrenaline. All her familiar friends. After staying for so long on Drall she was worried they might have lost touch. Right. Back to the mission. She needed to make contact with the others and scope out the Huk presence on the planet. Preferably, but not essentially, in that order. Easiest way of doing that was finding the Selkath and his brachially-advantaged friend. Track them down (and with all that bulk and armour in this heavy foliage, it wasn't as though they'd be particularly difficult to track) she'd accomplish both goals at once, since she was pretty sure the two bruisers would be heading for the largest Huk encampment they could find in order to blow it up.Making sure her armour was masking her heat signature (the oldest trick in the book) she took a few steps into the jungle...and promptly vanished like a ghost in the mists. The fish and his thug could keep their massive guns, give her shadows any day

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Cyare, Outside the Town, Manda'yaimCyare's feet carried her silently down a well worn path, one that she had walked many times in the past, if not recently. Her cloak swayed in the slight breeze, accompanied by the rustling of leaves.It was a shorter walk than she remembered, though perhaps she was imagining it. Distances often seemed relative. She slipped through the gate, as much a spectre in practice as in image. Quiet footsteps carried her down the long, carefully maintained rows, eventually coming to a stop, and crouching down. She didn't say anything, nor did she move. She simply stayed in place, as unmoving as the many stones around her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Krayzikk, I told you, this is Keldabe. Not a random town. xPIC-Cabur:Cabur had done something similar to Cyare. He walked through the streets of Keldabe, narrowly avoiding the traders moving about, seeing as it was a market day, doing what he could to get where he was planning to go, and quickly. He didn't want anybody holding him up, trying to sell him a new weapon, he didn't want anybody following him either-no, he was going to be alone.It didn't take him long to pass the northern wall of the city, finding an old, worn path he'd taken many times. It had started out as a simple game trail he would follow, but now it had come to be its own, small path through the forested area. Compared to the city nearby, this area was totally calm, nearly silent, aside from various birds that flitted among the trees. However, he didn't linger in the path.Here, there was a small clearing. Just to the north, no more than ten paces away, was the river winding along, and back behind was the forest. In the centre, completing the idyllic scene, was a tree. It stood tall, branches unfolding over the clearing, shading it.Empty branches. Barely giving any shade, except for what few leaves remained. A blackened trunk, that had yet to grow back a healthy bark. Roots, large, knobbly, the only things of the tree aside from the few leaves that remained that seemed still alive. A standing, scarred victim of an old fire.On one side, the roots curved out along a large spot, where before had been a rock. Just about a foot above the ground, on the tree, right by that spot, was carved a single name. A short note came after it, a short Mando poem.He dropped to his knees at that spot, bowing his head, closing his eyes. He stayed in that position for a while, silent, though his turbulent thoughts gave him no rest. He sighed, then, his voice coming back."Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc," he said quietly. I'm still alive, but you are dead. "Ni partayli, gar darasuum." I remember you, so you are eternal. He muttered the name of the one he was speaking to, after a moment, his eyes closed, searching for some feeling that he wasn't alone, as he always had. Nothing. Unlike when he was near others, when he could feel them bustling about, know how they were feeling while barely even knowing them, knowing when somebody was watching him, was near him...there was nothing.Still, though, his thoughts calmed, the iron vice of his will clamping down on them, ordering them. It did a Mando no good to be so torn up, as he was. Slowly, his breathing calmed, though he had been unaware that it had quickened and deepened. His heart rate slowed, his muscles relaxing, as he kneeled in place, slowly coming to his earlier mindset of peace.It was odd, that such a place would help him to calm, when by all means, it should be the one place where his sadness would be most accute. Sadness, anger, rage, emotions that drove him. At the same time, though, he kept them clamped down, controlled, with the very ideals embodied by the colours of his armour. And here, where he should be most likely to lose control, he felt at peace.He thought back to a conversation with a Jedi, long ago, when he'd been playing in a club. The Jedi had told him that while he was turbulent, inside, there was some core of inner peace that he had only to breach and let out, and he smiled, slightly, in humour. Later, they had conversed again, and Cabur had mentioned this very spot. Not the planet, or what city it was near, of course, but he had mentioned it. The Jetii had told him that the Force was strong in places such as this, pervading the essence of everything that came within.He let out a short laugh, at that. He didn't believe in this "Force" that the Jedi did, not as much as some others. Sure, they had some inexplicable powers, and that seemed the only explanation. But he didn't believe that it could gather in places like this, and affect them, as much as it did, according to that man. He didn't believe that it was some metaphysical aura which could calm any being who used it, and that was because he had seen angry Jetii-they'd nearly killed him.This Force, this mysticism, he looked at it with a skeptical eye. He couldn't deny that there was something allowing the Jedi to do what they did, but he thought that it was moreso their overthinking what was likely a simple explanation, or trying to spread some sort of mysticism around.He shook his head, still smiling. Aye, while he felt at peace in this place, there had to be some other explanation. Maybe it was here where the thoughts of the one he loved reminded him more of happy times, making him happy again, instead of making him wish those times were back. Slowly he stood, placing a hand on the tree.He still felt the vibration of life beneath it, stubborn, never going to give up. "Ori'vod," he said quietly, as a sort of greeting. "Partaylir."

profiles i guess

IC: Zeke, Hoth, Day 11The droid sent out a series of beeps and buzzing sounds reporting its findings, which were interpreted by a device in Kell's ear."Cap'n," he said, "one o' th' droids found sumpin' interestin' upstairs.""What is it?" Zeke asked."Some sort o' console er sumpin'," Kell reported."Alright, let's check it out," Zeke said.In no time, the two pirates and their band of droids were assembled around the console. The droid that examined it let out a few electronic sounds, reporting that the console would work if they plugged it into something. Zeke held the loose cord in his hand. He found an outlet and plugged the thing in."Worth a shot..." he muttered.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: CyareCyare's footsteps fell silently on the ground, as she followed the path she'd seen her partner take. She had finished her own visit a little while ago, and curiosity had gotten the better of her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:"Partaylir." The last word he'd said to that tree, to his wife, the one thing he always did: Remember. Cabur shook his head, slightly, a feeling nagging at the back of his mind. Like somebody was there, or was coming soon. He shook his head again, dispelling the feeling. Manda'yaim was peaceful, for Mando'ade. He was safe.He sighed, slowly walking the next five paces down to the river, before starting to walk down it a ways, still rather calm for him, just taking the time to think.

profiles i guess

IC: CyareUnbeknownst to Cabur, his gut feeling was correct. A few dozen yards behind him, Cyare followed. Her face was calm, despite the implications of what she had figured out. She'd seen the name on the tree, and made the connection between it, his words on the ship, and the myriad of other clues he'd unknowingly dropped since she met him.They weren't hard connections to make. She moved as quickly as she could while remaining silent, seeking to catch up with her partner. At least get close enough to hear anything he said.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:The feeling was there, again, still there. He couldn't shake it. He continued along, silently, thinking and not speaking. And yet the feeling of somebody watching him didn't remove itself.Still, the feeling belied something else. A familiar presence, one he couldn't quite name, but by now, it was annoying him. Abrubptly he stopped, crossing his arms, the musculature that was barely hidden by his loose clothing flexing dangerously, where it could be seen."Tion'cuy?" he growled, to whoever it was behind him.

profiles i guess

IC-Cabur:Ah. That's why it felt so familiar. Cabur slowly turned around, staring down Cyare, his face an impassive mask. The same as his helmet. The same as the expression she normally wore. On one such as Cabur, who had a relatively mobile face, it was a disconcerting effect."Tion'jor?" he asked, simply, many meanings evident in the question. Why were you following me? Why should I relax? Why are you here?

profiles i guess

IC: CyareCyare reached up, and pulled back her hood, blinking for a moment as she adjusted to the higher level of light. "Curiosity would probably be the most honest answer. As for why should you relax, why shouldn't you?""I saw you headed this way on my way to my family. I thought I might as well see if you were still here, since I was done visiting."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Cyare"I saw a tree." Cyare replied slowly, almost hesitatingly, though her expression and tone never changed. "And I saw what was written on it.""What I've figured out is another matter entirely."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Coruscant, Opera House)The Toydarian's snout twitched once or twice, an expression of extreme annoyance and discomfort. Tan Divo lived for this kind of moment, the second you collar a crook and they know that you have them. The expression Glatus now wore as the some expression he'd seen on a Reek in the Coruscanti Zoo as a boy. Knowing that you are a dangerous creature, capable of killing, stealing and so many more less pleasant things...and knowing, at the same time, you are completely helpless. Divo smirked as he watch the cycle play it's way out on the Toydarian. He waved at the blue colored police droids stationed at the corner of the hall. "Cuff him and book em." Glatus stifled a protest as the droids slipped a pair of electro cuffs on him and lead him down the hall.With that taken care off, Divo and the remaining droids began to make their way to the corrupt airbag's office. Knowing Glatus he probably kept his records in a different location...but every little bit helped.

IC-Cabur:Cabur slowly nodded, his right hand barely twitching, almost ready to clench into a fist, but he exercised more self control than that as he listened to what Cyare said.When she finished, he nodded again, before turning away. He closed his eyes, the same inner turbulence that he had dispelled earlier seeming to be back, as he again crossed his arms, bowing his head, his shoulder slumping.Almost as though something had broken in him anew."Ke bas'lana," he commanded. Leave.

profiles i guess

IC (Hoth)The screen flared to life, evidently working off emergency power, or perhaps the base had a solar panel array set up somewhere that was feeding it power, it was hard to say for certain. The face of a Hutt appeared, filling the screen. Evidently the machine was programmed to tap into the last entry of a video journal upon activation. Judging from the Hutt's less then healthy color and dimming eyes, it was likely due to memory problems associated with age. In slow, concise Huttese, the Hutt spoke."Right. We've got a problem. People don't respect old Boonda as much they used to. Crews been deserting...following some Wookiee with big claws and yellow eyes. Seem to think he can this operation from me. Well I got some boys together. Wookiee says he wants to talk....well, I'll show em how I talk. We'll take care of him and then hire some mercs to take care of the deserters. That'll fix em. That'll fix em..."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Cyare"Then I'll talk for you." Cyare replied, following with silent footsteps, almost as if she weren't really there. Unable to be shaken, like the voice in the back of your head that just won't be quieted. "The woman who's name was on the tree was your wife. She's dead.""And this explains the coloration of your armor. Mourning is obvious, even now, you grieve for her death." Her tone never changed, remaining an almost emotionless monotone. "A lust for life is similarly easy to guess. You want to keep living, as she would have wanted you to do.""Duty is a bit less clear, but I believe I have found the answer. You feel you failed in a duty in the past. The color was likely applied with the rest, when her demise was still weighing heavily on your mind. You weren't there when she passed. You believe you failed in your duty by not being present to help her."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Hoth)With a little bit of digging, they'd find a half completed entry filed under the name of Tessiv. Bringing it up would revealed the leering face red eyes of a Colicoid. Evidently Boonda wasn't the only one who kept video records. Though judging from the tool belt and cybernetic eye, Tessiv kept his records about for different reasons. "Had to hike out and repair array twelve again. Don't whats going on with it...but if we can't keep that shield generator up, we'll have problems. Boonda's ambush didn't work liked he wanted. Wookiee had help. Ithorian girl, wearing some sort of battle armor. Pulled his guy's rifles right outta their hand with her mind...blasted em all. Old Boonda still tried to turn the situation around. Made a show of begging. Offered up information on Commerce Guild routes...." Tessiv shook his head. "Wookiee left with most of the deserters, something about a droid shipment to intercept. Boonda mentioned it, then cracked up. Evidently there's a Republic taskforce about that area. The Ithorian just took off with that guild corvette I do-" A sudden explosion and rain of sharpnel cut off the recording. Accounting for the damage the hallway and the huge amount of cracks in the monitor.

Edited by Basilisk

IC-Cabur:Stoically ignoring Cyare, Cabur continued on. His posture stayed the same as it had been, not changing, even as they came up to one of the hills in the area about Keldabe, all of which were smaller than the large granite face that Keldabe itself sat upon. Rocky, but still with the breath of life all around. Just like the rest of Manda'yaim, it was a hardened place.Still continuing straight, he proceeded to climb up the steep face of the hill, a climb that evidenced that it was going to be much harder than it needed to be. Just as everything on Manda'yaim, it was a trial, of sorts.

profiles i guess

IC-Cabur:"You're wrong about that last point," Cabur said finally, as he continued to climb up. "My armour has always been that colour. I've always been of the thought that my duty to Manda'lor and to the Mando'ade was more important than my own life, and so I've always kept that their to remind me." He fell silent, his now dispassionate voice quieter even than usual, and the silence that fell when he was done speaking was acute.

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"Sixty-six point six repeating percent accuracy." Cyare commented quietly. "In this case, I think I prefer the error."It was an ironic twist, that the normally quiet part of the duo was trying to open up the normally talkative one. Even more ironic due to how difficult the task was proving to be. The younger Mando kept plodding on, pushing doggedly up the hill.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:Cabur remained silent and stoic, not even rolling his eyes as he climbed. He heard Cyare behind him, grunting once in a while, but otherwise not saying anything as well.A minute or two later, Cabur was standing at the top, looking over towards Keldabe. A moment or so later he heard Cyare come up behind him, and he held up a hand before she could spit out a biting comment."You asked if I wanted, or needed to talk," he said, his voice slightly shaky. "I've rethought my answer. Interrogate me."

profiles i guess