Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC: Cyare"That would explain your reaction to the envoy of a former Death Watch member earlier today." Cyare commented, crossing her arms. "Killed in the assault, I'm guessing?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Cabur:Cabur nodded."I saw it from here," he said. "When the fighters flew in, dropping down their bombs. I couldn't believe it, though. I thought I had to be going insane. It wasn't until I got a comm transmission from her that I knew that it was really happening."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Cyare"And by the time you arrived, it was too late." Cyare concluded, uncrossing her arms. Her eyes were fixed on her partner, a gaze that seemed to pierce deep, almost as if reading his heart itself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur:Cabur simply nodded, not trusting his words. By now, he wasn't the stoic being he had been, for even a few minutes-his shoulders were again slumped, his will seeming almost broken. Like he was a broken tower, about ready to topple to the side and leave itself there.As though he hadn't completely rebuilt himself in the past.

profiles i guess

IC: CyareCyare stood in silence, the lull in conversation stretching on and on and on. To Cabur, it probably seemed like an eternity, though in truth it was significantly less."Sorry to hear that, Cabur."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:Cabur nodded, again, slowly. A moment later he turned around, gesturing for Cyare to follow him across the flat face of the hill.On the other side, it suddenly cut off, and nearly forty feet below lay the river, various boulders cut from the granite around forming a small cataract. He began to speak again, keeping completely still aside from his jaw."I nearly jumped in there, once I was sure of what happened," he whispered. "Because I knew when the comm cut off that she was dead...To this day, I'm still wondering why I didn't."

profiles i guess

IC: CyareCyare glanced down at the water below impassively, watching it swirl and pondering her partners words. "You'll probably never know. People make decisions that, in retrospect, make little sense.""No use dwelling on them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:Cabur nodded, pondering the water below. The water swirling about the rocks that made it impassible at that point, the steep drop. Even then, the want to just jump in, to let himself go, was rather strong. He even felt himself starting to take a step forwards, and after a moment it seemed like he was going to be too late to stop himself. He still did, though, feeling a hand on his arm as well.He turned, almost incredulous, seeing Cyare, still impassive, had reached out, about ready to catch him and drag him back if needed."...Thanks, I guess."

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"Like I was going to let you jump. Who else is going to annoy me if you did?" Cyare replied, from behind her usual mask of cool detachment. She relaxed slightly, and lowered her arm, but continued watching him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:He nodded at Cyare, his eyes watching her closely, a slight amount of surprise evident. Again, he abruptly turned, walking to the stump of a tree that had once stood there, atop the hill, crowning it. A large, flat, circular stump, large enough that two people could easily sit upon it.And Cabur did just that, gesturing for her to sit too, if she wanted, when he began to speak again."Well. Now you know my defect," he said, his voice still shaky. "Does that change your opinion, at all?"

profiles i guess

IC (Mandalore, Day One)The Vizsla estate was clearly designed with traditional mandalorian virtues in mind. It resembled a fortress more then a place of living, that was largely because it had been a fortress at one point before being converted into a manor. It lay on the outskirts of the city, with a few trees surrounding the pleasant pools that dotted the landscape about it. There was a small landing compound off to the side, fenced in and guarded and onecould make out the insect-like shape of Neimoidian shuttles resting upon the duracrete surface. This was somewhat unusual, considering that most of the traffic to the estate consisted of government officials and various local authorities.Inside the manor, near the top floor, lay the formal dining room. Droids and organic staff were busy setting a rather long table, draped in a traditional blue cloth with various white markings upon it. At the very top of the manor, in a former comms station, lay Vizla's private offices. It was a large room, almost suitable for the table on the floor beneath. It's walls were lined with various memento's of Mandalore's past and various works of art, most depicting famous figures from the planets history. In front of a large window, through which golden sunlight filtered, was the desk of Pre Vizsla, as well as Vizsla himself. Clustered around his desk was a small group of Neimoidians, dressed in their traditional robes and head dresses. One of them, a corpulent specimen by the name of Toat , began to speak, continuing a conversation.Toat's voice was notable for the mirth that seemed to work it's way into every word, however quietly. "We cannot tell you how pleased we are. This opportunity was simply impossible to pass up. Though..." Toat raised a datapad and read through it for a moment. "I understand, in addition to the credits to be paid to the government, you wish for a Mandolarian warrior to accompany our droids? This is somewhat irregular. If I might impose up-"Vizsla cut him off. "Because if your droids can't do the job, I want someone on hand who can. These Death Watch splinter groups are dangerous. You will get your test Toat, but I want this threat gone regardless."Toat shrugged. "Very well. Transportation will be provided for him..."Pre nodded. "Acceptable. You will, of course, have an opportunity to meet this warrior before hand. To settle any worries you might have..."OOC: ToA, the ships have landed and you missed a Sava post.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Cyare"No." Cyare replied, more than a little bluntly. "Nothing has changed. These events were long over by the time I met you, and had already had their lasting effects. The only difference is now I know about it."She remained standing, though it was hard to say if it was by choice or by habit.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Yavar looked up as the bounty hunter entered the bar. He glanced to his right, where Tokar sat uneasily. His two bodyguards flanked them. As Sava glanced around the room, he looked her over.Hmm. New here. Most likely an off-worlder, and looks fairly well off. She'll have a ship. Looks like she can handle a fight as well...So he appraised her, as he did any new patrons the cantina added. He'd find his spice runner soon.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC-Cabur:Cabur, however, declined to answer that. For the moment."Will you sit down?" he asked, almost sounding exasperated, almost sounding like he had just a couple hours before. "I can't think straight with you hovering over me like this. Makes me feel like you're about to kick me, or something."

profiles i guess

IC: CyareSyare shrugged ever so slightly, and took a seat on the stump. Almost without thought, she reached up and pulled the hood over her head, once more obscuring her face from view."Better?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Sava, Nar Shadda)Sava paused and activated her masks air filtration unit, this planets atmosphere did not agree with her...what with the fact it was likely filled with enough chemicals to decrease her lifespan by at least ten years. She spied an empty booth and made her way over. She needed to get her bearings, find out who the local Hutt or kingpin was and who he wanted dead. Or, she could take the more preferable option and find out which planetary authority wanted him dead and cram a thermal detonator down his throat. That would be nice.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: After looking her over for a time, Yavar signaled for an attendant. The attendant bent down to hear the Anomid through his vocalized, then nodded.He walked by Sava's table, placing a folded piece of paper on it, then nonchalantly going back to his duties. Should Sava open it, the paper would read-Looking for work? Back left corner table.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Cyare"Our histories define us. There is no one single event that makes a person who they are." The younger Mando paused, as if thinking."But I don't think that was the answer you were looking for. I don't understand the question."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Sava, Nar Shadda, Day One)Well that hadn't taken long, in fact it made her more then a little nervous. She'd made a few enemies in her time and hadn't been able to kill all of them yet and it wasn't unheard for 'employers' to kill hunters and collect any prices on their heads. She stood and walked towards the table regardless though her hand was upon on her blaster pistol. If there was going to be trouble, she'd take a few of them out before she went down.

IC-Cabur:"Look at me. I watched as my wife, and the rest of my family, were killed before my eyes. That's why I'm so dar'manda half the time." He cocked his head, slightly, curiously, watching Cyare closely."What's the major event that happened to make you? The hard-hitting hammer stroke in the forging?"

profiles i guess

IC: As Sava approached the table, she would see the beings who sat there already- an Anomid, two Covallons, and one being she wouldn't recognize the race of.The Anomid guestured to the table, indicating the open places."Have a seat," came the metallic voice of his vocalizer.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC-Cabur:Cabur raised an eyebrow, his face showing his disbelief, before he shrugged. Then, risking the very arm he used to shoot with, he wrapped it around Cyare's shoulders, giving her a slight squeeze, before leaning back."Excuse me if I don't believe that," he said quietly.

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"You are excused." Cyare didn't move, seemingly ignoring the rather large risk her partner had taken. "And since you do not believe, I suspect you shall never stop trying to find out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Sava, Nar Shadda, Day One)Sava shook her head, her blank faceplate revealing nothing of what she felt. "I will stand. You have something that needs doing?" Sava was not a stupid being and had a bit of a paranoid streak. Sitting down with beings one did not know could easily mean one would have a blaster pointed at one's chest a few seconds into the conversation. Standing, she at least had a chance to return fire.

IC-Cabur:Cabur opened his mouth, about ready to say something, before shutting it. Then, instead of a half-hug like earlier, he just gave Cyare a slight pat on the shoulder."Ni ceta," he said quietly. "For bringing up bad memories." He turned, slightly, looking back out to Keldabe."So...how was your family?" he asked after a moment.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare"They were fine, as they always are. It was good to see them again." Cyare said simply, looking out toward the town. To the right, almost unnoticeable, she could see the very site of her visit. A quiet graveyard, carefully maintained by the citizens of Keldabe.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ic: "Cuff him and book em," Winter heard the strange man say, followed by the telltale clinch of the cuffs and the steps of droids as they turned around the corner. This was a prime opportunity for Winter to shoot her target, confirmed when the stranger could be heard with his other droids enter the room at the end of the hall, which she knew to be the curator's office. She crouched and unslung her rifle and checked the gas chamber: Gun ready to rock. She simply waited for the droids and her target to round the corner. They could be heard coming closer and closer... One... two... three!She jumped up from her position and fired her blaster at the Toydarian before they could realize what was happening and her succession of three bolts nailed the richly adorned curator twice in the head and once in the chest. Glatus lifelessly fell to the carpeted ground with a shocked face of reckoning. The droids were already aiming their pistols at Winter and their protocol surged to the fore. This wasn't a time to dote and call for arrest: "Shots fired!" a droid called out before they proceeded to shoot back at Winter. She knelt back down and swung out again, this time from a low point behind her barrier, and brought down one of the two droids. The second competently adjusted its aim and nearly struck Winter before she vanished behind her guardian sculpture. One. Two. Three! She popped up for one last trio of bolts that shot the legs out from under the second droid before another volley decimated its head, but now she had to contend with her escape. Already, she could hear the sound of surprised orders being called out from the room beyond the corner. Without hesitation, she bolted for the open window and slung her rifle on her shoulder again.

IC (Coruscant Opera House, Day One)Tan Divo was a trained officer and had more then his share of years under his belt. His blaster pistol flew out of it's holster the even as the first shot soared towards Glatus. As the assassin dealt with the droids, he and the remaining duo of police droids were flying down the hallway, weapons out and armed. They wouldn't arrive in time to catch the assassin, this had been an expert job and the assassin probably had an escape route planned out. Divo keyed his headset and contacted police command, barking out a quick code. The Coruscanti Security Force used codes whenever it could, made it more difficult for any criminals overhearing them to determine what they were up to. In this case, Divo had called for the rapid response units. They would blockade the airspace around the opera house, head towards any nearby landing pads and ask some very pointed questions and in general, make it very difficult for the assassin to get away.Outside, one would spot nearby patrol craft peel off from the streams of air-cars that criss-crossed the Coruscanti skyline. Their distinctive red and blue lights flashing and sirens wailing. These would only be the first on the scene, more would come, deployed from nearby stations and patrol routes. Even as he leaned against the wall, eyeing the window that the assassin had crawled out of, Divo knew that much. The assassin wouldn't be getting away, not if he could help it.He turned about and eyed the deflated sack that had been Glatus. There was no point in checking for a pulse, the scumbag was dead. A shame. He could have leveraged a shorter sentence in exchange for some information on certain corrupt senators. So much for that. It didn't take a genius to know who was behind this attack....and Divo would never be able to catch them. Unless he had the assassin.

IC: Cyare"I'll stay here. I haven't anywhere else I need to go." She was quiet for a long moment, simply staring toward the town. "Don't forget. We have a dinner to attend within an hour or two."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:"Yeah," Cabur grunted. He looked out to the town as well, before stealing a glance towards Cyare's face-something didn't feel right, especially not with how quiet she was being now.The hood of her cloak had fallen back a bit, showing her face in profile, and showing him that she was holding her face seemingly more impassive than normal, and her eyes were directed less to the city and more to the mass cemetary just past it."Something's on your mind," he said simply. "Something important."

profiles i guess