Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

IC: Cyare, A'den BeskarCyare stepped quietly into her room, closing the door behind her. For a long time, she just stood still, staring into space and breathing deeply. She needed to get everything back under control, rein in the memories that had been dredged up.Finally, she moved forward, toward the small bureau kept on the other side of her room. She removed her boots, and placed them to the side with the rest of her armor. After a moment's thought, she concluded there was really nothing dressier she could wear. Opening a cupboard, she pulled out a pair of black boots, smaller than the armored ones she usually wore. She didn't wear them often because they forced her to shed the one bit of armor she usually retained, but with the circumstances, she really had no choice. A few moments later, she straightened and glanced in the small mirror she kept in her room. She reached behind her head with one hand, and pulled off the band that kept her hair tightly clenched, allowing it to fall down to her shoulders.After one last cursory look in the mirror, she departed the room, and went to meet up with Cabur.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Erif nodded, a perplexed expression on his face. "That's fine. I'll have to start with the basics, but you won't have bad habits." The Knight's face smoothed out. "You hold on to the training blade." He grabbed the plain sword off the wall and stuck it in its sheath, attaching it to his belt along with the wooden pole. Holding out a battered sheath to Levi, he said "Here. That blade doesn't collapse."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Levi - Coruscant - Day OneLevi took the offered sheath, sliding the training blade into it somewhat reverently. The weight of the weapon made it seem all the more real. It was something Levi could definitely appreciate.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC (Kalee, Chianu, Day Eleven)Some of the hunters seemed sane enough. What kind of being wondered into a jungle on a strange planet whilst making as much noise as possible? Madness. Chianu eyed his comrades laying about him, painted with mud and squatting in bushes, pits and whatever other cover they could find. They clutched rifles much like his own, slug thrower models. They were an old design, but nonetheless durable. Chianu had seen one catch the better part of an explosion once and still function in a decent way afterwards. Czerka, whatever it's other faults, knew how to design a weapon. These Outlander rifles had proven themselves again and again in the past months. Granted, much of their success had been due to the intellect of their wielders. A good weapon was useless without good tactics.As that duo of hunters so aptly demonstrated. With a sigh, Chianu stood, mud dripping off of him as his bulk parted the low-hanging vines that had obscured his position. This entire action took a microsecond and was, for the most part, completely silent. Chianu wove his way through the thick foliage with the ease born of decades of practice and training. The jungle was almost a second home to Chianu, he knew it's quirks and the places a being could find safe harbor within it's green expanse. These bounty hunters had no such knowledge. They would need him if they were to survive. The Trade Federation had promised hardened warriors. So far Chianu was less then impressed. Five seconds after he first rose off the ground, he emerged from the foliage and into the clearing, cradling his rifle."There is a ring of steel around you outlanders." His voice was harsh, rough. "Make no sudden movements. Where is Rorl?" Rorl was the leader of the mission according to their Federation contacts.This situation reminded Chianu of the initial Huk invasion. They had shown up in his village, made a similar statement. They said they were relocating the village, told the Kaleesh to cooperate. Chianu allowed himself a small grin. Kaleesh do not cooperate with invaders and the Huk had learned this the hard way. They had also learned what a few well-placed mines and fires could do to an armored column.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Cyare"You'd be surprised."She looked her partner over, raising a solitary eyebrow. "Someone's been waiting for an opportunity to wear that outfit. Isn't the medallion a bit over the top?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur:"Over the top? Cyare, you misunderstand me," Cabur asked, his mobile face animating itself to take on an almost hurt look, though his eyes barely twinkled with an amount of mirth, showing Cyare easily that it wasn't really hurting him."I've been waiting to wear this since I got it from that girl down on Dantooine. I just didn't remember it until now."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC-Cabur:"Of course, my dear."IC-Jaron:"Yes, well," Jaron said. "Things should be fine, Faraxa. You should be alright." He nodded, for a moment, though the back of his neck seemed to prickle. Somebody was close to them, somebody important. Imperceptibly to any but the most trained at reading body language, his eyes narrowed.

profiles i guess

IC (Rute Gunnary, Night One, Coruscant)A single clerk stood vigil over the entrance of the movie theater, a Calamari from the look of him. Rute knew how these theaters conducted their affairs, no one got in without a ticket and current showings weren't available having already started. In theory at least, a Jedi could wave their hand and be conducted through and that would be that. Even if the clerk resisted their mind trick, who in their right mind said no to a Jedi over something so trivial? Rute had something better then a mind trick however. He brushed by the kiosk and threw a chip worth fifty credits onto it. The attendant smiled, bade him a good day and made no move to stop him. Rute smiled, let the Jedi have their force, he had something far more powerful and far more valuable. Credits. They were what made the galaxy go round. Rute knew this very well, he had been around long enough to see how the senate operated.Though if he had to guess, he would assume the droid cradling a blaster rifle marching beside him had something to do with his ease of passage. You got more of what you wanted with some credits and a sign of status then with credits alone. Credits were important, very important, but status enhanced them. Anyone could bribe their way into a movie theater, it took someone with status to get away with it....or do it as blatantly as Rute had. He strode through the hallways, eyes peeled, looking for the number of the showing room that camera's had seen the Jedi enter. Oddly enough she had not been alone, she appeared to be attending the theater with a smith, a rather renowned one at that. Rute couldn't care less, the message was for the Jedi, not some mixer of metals.He spotted the showing room, double checked, and then strode through the doorway.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC(Kubla ibn Mosar, Kalee, Day Eleven): When a Kaleesh, covered in mud and carrying a rifle, emerged from the jungle, one of the elder warriors in the band from the desert signaled for those under his command to do the same, and so the desert guerrillas emerged from behind their rocky cover, standing tall as they made their presence known, both to the offworlders and to their more immediate allies in the jungle.From his position at the rear of the group, Kubla got his first good look at the mercenaries that had been hired by the Trade Federation... He was certain that, if equipment like what some of them had was standard for the rebels, they would have driven the stinking bugs back to their wretched hive, and maybe a bit further just for sport.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Theater, Coruscant; Day One] Slowly, the Devaronian frowned. She felt something... Change. She slowly sat back up, glancing around the theater. Nothing new, bad holo still playing, most being silent or in their own little discussions. She wasn't getting a feeling of danger from the Force, nothing warning her to protect herself or the beings around her. Still, she discreetly put her hand on one of her lightsabers, just in case. After all that had happened, Faraxa was a bit on edge. And then, she heard the doors to the theater click softly as they closed, and the Devaronian turned to see who it was. The theater was to dark to make details, but she could see two figures walk in. One was humanoid, while the other moved with the stiffness of a droid. That didn't send alarms through her, but the rifle-like shape carried loosely by the droid did. No big deal, right? Beings brought bodyguards with them everywhere, a theater was no different.Faraxa descided to trust her Force instincts, and wait to see what happened.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Rute Gunnay, Night One, Theater)Rute moved swiftly through the crowd, his droid in lockstep behind him. The movie gave off more then enough light for him to navigate by. His movements were crisp and clean, with scarcely a wasted movement. His hat obscured a small part movie for a few beings in the back and he could hear their complaints, though he cared little. He had a mission to fulfill and he would see it done. He had spotted the female Jedi soon after he'd walked in and headed towards he position, weaving through the different rows and beings. Rute made a mental note to write whoever wrote the holo-vee an angry letter, the dialogue was mediocre at best. Then he was there, standing in front of the Jedi. When he spoke, it was in a low and moderate voice."Miss Sabosen?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Theater, Coruscant; Day One]Faraxa saw the being and droid move closer towards her, and she realised that they were moving towards her, waving through the rows of seats. Her initial suspicion turned into curiosity, and her hand moved from her lightsaber. Why would anyone be looking for her? Something was different with this being, too, his movements were almost unnaturally precise and calculated. She noted it, and filed it away.Her earilier feelings of confusion were almost gone by now, replaced with feeling that came to her when on a mission. Then, the being came to a stop infront of her, and Faraxa raised an eyebrow when he said her name. However, she nodding in reply, saying, "Yes?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Rute Gunnay, Coruscant, Day One)Rute inclined his head, a sign of respect in Neimoidian culture. "A message from one Master Dooku." Rute Gunnay dug a hand into one of his robes pockets and withdraw a small holographic device. Without further delay, Rute activated the device. A miniature version of Dooku appeared, shimmering with blue light."Knight Sabosen." Dooku's voice was cultured, refined and more then a bit regal. "There are some in the Council displeased with Master Yoda's ruling on your banishment. We have lobbied for and received the right to hold a hearing on your status. Consider yourself on suspension until the hearing." Dooku paused. "With your permission, I will see to it a qualified representative is appointed to oversee your defense. If you wish to manage it yourself or choose your own representative .." Dooku waved his hand. "I trust you are familiar enough with the laws governing that. Do not lose hope Knight Sabosen. Your fate is still in limbo, not set in stone." Then the hologram faded away.Never one to pass up an opportunity, Rute added in a message of his own. "Miss Sabosen, I have been appraised of your unfortunate situation. I have also read through your file. Very impressive. If Dooku's measure should fail...the Trade Federation is always hiring. We could use your talent." Rute hadn't been instructed to say that, but one did not get to the top by doing merely what one was told. One had to take opportunities as they came...or make them.OOC: Holding off on a Kalee post until Adder has had a chance to post.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Cyare"Now come on." Cyare commented, walking down the landing ramp. She knew exactly where they were headed thanks to that envoy earlier, and their destination wasn't far. Already, the familiar weight of her firearms was conspicuous by its absence. She hated being unarmed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC(Kalee, Day Eleven): Djashell stod and where she was and, unlike Rorl, did not remove her helmet. As she wasn't directly addressing or discoursing with any of the Kaleesh she didn't figure they'd take it as a sign of disrespect especially as they were wearing masks themselves.She took a quick stock of their equipment: their body armour looked somewhat crude and primitive but could be more effective than met the eye, and she noticed a regularity in the markings that suggested a tribal mindset. Their weaponry was more up to date, Djashell wasn't going to question the usefulness of a slugthrower. The galaxy in general might prefer blasters but she was a woman of many means and a weapon that could be silenced, could hit without leaving an obvious trail and could even overcome Jedi would never be worthless in her eyes, and those first two reasons no doubt made them invaluable if, say, you were mounting a guerilla campaign against a band of invading Huk. They'd also probably be easier to keep working in somewhere as humid as this, now that she thought about it...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Theater, Coruscant; Day One]And it was then that Faraxa recieved her second shock of the day. She stared at the holodisk for a time, what Master Dooku had just said sinking in. She wasn't... Faraxa snapped herself out of it, and glanced back the Neimoidian. "Thank you for this, I will consider your offer," the Devaronian stated with a small nod. She was almost on auto-pilot now, defaulting to what she knew to do as she wrapped her head around what just happened.A hearing... For her? Faraxa would never had expected that. She didn't want to get her hopes up, but now there was still a chance that she might be able to return. Her shock was beginning to be replaced with a sense of hope, but slight nervousness as well. She knew all to well how stuff such as this could both help... And harm.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Rute Gunnary, Night One)Rute inclined his head again. "Of course Miss Sabosen. Of course." With that, Rute's business was concluded and he and his mechanical guardian headed to the exit of the theater. Rute hoped the Jedi would seriously consider his offer, though he had his doubts. The Trade Federation's benefit package tended to speak for itself once a being became familiar with it. Rute didn't have time to dwell on it however, recent events had stirred up the Senate and he and his employer were, once again, caught in the middle of a political storm.IC (Kalee, Day Eleven, Chianu)Chianu strode forwards, heading towards the figure who had removed his helmet. When he was face to face with him, he spoke, his yellow eyes revealing little. Chianu thought he had this beings number, he had removed his helmet in unknown territory when he had outright been told that their was a ring of slugthrowers around him. This being was foolhardy or so brave that there was little difference between the two. Both of these traits would likely kill him on this planet and Chianu made a mental note to get to know the hunter sensible enough to keep her helmet on, she would likely be in command of this little group before their time here was through. Then, he spoke. "Rorl. Prepare your charges for a long march. We will need a head count." Be hard to distribute rations otherwise. "We will also strip this vessel. As agreed."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: (Rorl, Day One)Rorl was not as foolhardy as Chianu thought, as he realized that there were enough slugthrowers out there to punch through just about anything. Helmet or no helmet. "We have 5. People, get your stuff together. Anything not with you is the property of the Kaleesh as per our agreement."

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Hold on... I thought they were going straight to the Huk camp...I was tired and I've been busy, sorry. :PRetcon my last Kyto and Cath post.IC: Kyto and Cath had been preparing to group up with the others when the Kaleesh appeared. They stayed ready for any sign of hostility, but didn't show any of their own. They let Rorl and the Kaleesh talk, staying silent for now.OOC: I'll try and type a Yavar post tonight, Bask. Sorry for the wait. :P

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Cyare"Now come on." Cyare commented, walking down the landing ramp. She knew exactly where they were headed thanks to that envoy earlier, and their destination wasn't far. Already, the familiar weight of her firearms was conspicuous by its absence. She hated being unarmed.
IC-Cabur:"Oh, fine," Cabur said, rolling his eyes. "I guess if you're so eager to go on this date, I'll have to go with you, won't I?"He grinned, slightly, before moving along slightly faster."No hitting, kicking, stabbing, or tripping me, please."

profiles i guess

IC: Levi - Coruscant - Day OneLevi nodded an fell into step behind Erif. There was a small kernel of excitement slowly attempting to replace the constant nervous feeling Levi had been experiencing since his day began.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Ic: With her skilled handling, the speeder bike seemed to move as if it had a life of its own under Winter's direction. As the two police speeders moved to intercept her she simply turned her vehicle to point at the one to the left and evaded the bolts shot at her with a fluid weave between them and shot right by the police speeder without damaging it. But she was hardly home free: Up ahead was an emerging blockade. It was too strong to go through and it was the best one she could take to get to her ship. Beyond the blockade was a sharp turn to a winding pedestrial street that descended in a spiral about the tower they were on, but if one went straight it was a kilometre-long fall. So she burst towards it and put a finger on the repulsorfield generator's throttle.

Closer... closer...Hold it... hold it...

The gap grew narrower and narrower but no shots were fired; the droids setting the blockade were still getting into position. Finally, a trickle of pistol fire was shot at her but by them she was already upon them. She punched the repulsor generator and the result was surreal. The speeder bike jumped up as if on springs and soared over the blockade by a very comfortable margin. Its whining engine hummed in a beautiful sonic arc and then disappeared over the ledge as the sound of the motor vanished after her. Surely the stunt would be her demise.

IC: Cyare

"You didn't rule out shooting." Cyare muttered to herself, without glancing back at Cabur. She could see the estate coming into view, and rolled her eyes.

Rich types. Modest or not, their homes are ridiculous.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"But you don't plan to do that because you know how detrimental it would be to any future success of ours," Cabur said smugly, while he looked over to Pre Vizsla's estate.

"He almost seems as egotistical as Tor was, based on just this place. Huh." He shrugged. "He's probably better in person. It'd take a lot of work to be as bad as Tor was."

profiles i guess

IC-Jaron:

"I don't trust it," Jaron said brusquely, once he was sure that Rute wouldn't hear him. "It doesn't seem right. The Jedi Council, once they make a decision, don't go back on it, that's what I've always noticed. The thought that one of them could make them change their minds so quickly....there's something else going on here." He frowned, shaking his head.

"Follow that path if you want," he said after a moment. "But I say again, I wouldn't trust it." He opened his mouth, slightly, almost as though he wanted to say more, but he shrugged.

"Well, the movie's nearly over. Wanna head off and grab a bite to eat?"

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Theater, Coruscant; Day One]

The Devaronian was still in a slight daze when the Neimoidian had left. Her head spun from the sudden change in her situation. To be kicked out of the Order was one thing, but the possibility to get back in, well... Faraxa didn't exactly know what to think about that. Yes, she was relieved to have a chance, no matter how slim, but. But then... she didn't know.

Faraxa nodded slowly, but it was clear that she wasn't entire focused on what Jaron had said. A small part of her mind knew it was important, and she filed it away. "Um, okay," she said, before shaking her head slightly and snapping herself back to reality. "I mean, yes, that'd be great."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: To everyone waiting for a post, I have harmed one of my fingers in an incident involving a car door and me screaming.

I should be back at 100% tomorrow. Expect replies then.