Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

OOC: Glad your finger is almost back at full power, Basilisk.

I, personally, have simply been dry of ideas. Trying to reawaken the creative flow as we speak.

IC: Levi - Coruscant - Day One

Levi nodded. "As you wish."

Levi then walked to the center of the room, turning to Erif expectantly.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Cyare

"Or the perfect person to put a blaster bolt in our heads." Their destination was growing closer, and Cyare's eyes carefully moved from one part of the structure to the other, evaluating tactical efficiency, and more importantly, checking for snipers. "Seeing as we are just about unarmed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Cabur:

"Well, let's look at it this way. You're supposed to be a stealthy sniper who can move fast," Cabur began. "I'm supposed to be the huge commando who runs in with an automatic weapon, mows everybody down, and runs out. I'm supposed to carry a large armament. You, however, shouldn't. Unless the weaponry is specialized."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

"Then you and I have a very different definition of heavy weapon loadout." Cyare replied, shrugging. "Well. If they prove hostile, I suppose we'll find out how many of them I can take with a steak knife."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur:

"Only if you're swinging them around randomly," Cabur said. "But if you sneak up behind the stupid Trandoshan who just shot you in the foot and bury the blade in his spine just right, he won't have any time to do anything but raises his eyescales in surprise."

profiles i guess

"Suddenly, I am reminded why I handle the stealth and you handle the power. That isn't stealth, that's surprise." Cyare replied, sliding off of the speeder. "Now. Let's not keep our host waiting."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"That may be, but you have to use stealth to get behind him, and then get out again, without being caught," Cabur reminded his companion. "Otherwise, I'd probably have a few more scars than I do now, and I'd probably still be picking Trando scales out of my teeth."

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Theater, Coruscant; Day One]

The Devaronian nodded again, and it was clear she was much more focused on what was going on around her. Still, a small part of her mind was still hopeful, as well as a bit nervous. Faraxa knew Jaron was probably right, there had to be another reason for the hearing, even if it wasn't clear in the beginning. If there was anything she had learned from her time as a diplomat, it was that not everything what as it seemed.

Faraxa glanced back over at Jaron sitting next to her, and tried to smile a bit. "Right, so, something to eat?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant; Day One]

Faraxa shook her head. It would be good to get up and move around for a while, especially after sitting down to watch a bad holo for over an hour. Her work, no, former work, as a diplomat didn't involve a lot of physical activity, but the Devaronian found that she much prefered to be moving around then not.

"That's fine," She said, letting Jaron lead her out of the theatre, the smile still on her face, Things were definately looking better.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Okie dokie. Didn't know what your plan was, so I didn't want to go to in depth and step on your toes or anything.

IC: Levi slid his sword forward, pushing off of Erif's blade, before swinging his own blade overhead to bear towards Erif's skull. Whatever the result of that, Levi then attempted to step back and spin, bringing the blade in an arc that feinted towards Erif's legs before speeding towards the Knight's chest.

IC: (Erif, Day One)

The series of strikes would have normally been easy to block with the staff. For the sake of realism, however, Erif didn't move his grip from the staff's "handle". Erif parried the first perpendicularly, grunting at the impact before blocking with a downward stab, warding off the blade. The attack came too close for comfort to his hands, in his opinion. "You fight well."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Levi breathed out heavily and rebounded off of the staff, whipping his sword in an overhead arc towards Erif's shoulder.

"Thank you. I'm not as force sensitive as most Jedi. I make up for it in the physical aspect." Levi grunted as he continued to press the attack.

IC (Kalee, Day Eleven)

The Kalee went to work quickly, producing various tools stolen from the Huk and of Kalee make to strip the hulls off the vessels...revealing a good hundred or so weapons of varying sizes and shapes hidden inside the guts of the ship. The Trade Federation was not unfamiliar with the tactics used by weapons smugglers...or they had someone on the payroll who wasn't. Chianu wasn't worried about the load, the Kaleesh were a strong and able people. They would be able to handle the load. If not, they could make two trips. He turned to the leader of the Trade Federation team and sized him up again. Overall, he still expected him to die relatively quickly, but there was no reason to broadcast that.

"If you have no objections....time is of essence. We must go."

OOC: My time is going to be limited for the next two weeks. After that, I will have MUCH MORE free time. I am sorry for this, I truly am.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: BASILISK

WE NEED A PRE VIZSLA POST SOON

AS IN

AFTER THIS POST

THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT

IC-Cabur:

"Well, here goes nothing," Cabur said, holding out his arm for Cyare to take as he walked up to the entrance to Pre's abode, grinning slightly.

OOC: I put it in caps to make sure you noticed it.

If you miss it

I'ma rage at you

profiles i guess

OOC: If you guys have any story threads that need running during Basilisk's sabbatical, feel free to PM me the general facts of the story, and I'll try to help them move along during the times when Basilisk can't.

"A common thread we share, then." Levi replied. Levi immediately used the force to strengthen his own swing in counter to Erif's force usage.

Levi dove forward with the drop of his sword to avoid the side swing, neatly kipping back to his feet. Trying not to miss a beat, Levi thrust the tip of the blade at Erif's chest, overextending slightly in his haste.

OOC: If you guys have any story threads that need running during Basilisk's sabbatical, feel free to PM me the general facts of the story, and I'll try to help them move along during the times when Basilisk can't.

OOC: I would...if Basilisk had told me more than just Death Watch and Battle Droids. xP

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC (Pre's Estate)

The doors were rather spartan, carved from large stone slabs with fairly simple geometric shapes carved into them. Just from looking at them one could tell they weren't what they seemed, there was likely a blast proof layer integrated into the slabs along with some electronics for ease of movement. Indeed, despite how ostentatious the building seemed at first, a trained eye would pick out areas that indicated it was constructed with warfare in mind. A perfect strong hold for a paranoid...or the man in command of anti-Death Watch efforts on the planet. Two doormen stood guard, wearing a modification of the traditional Mandalorian armor, suited to police and guard duties.

One of them raised his blaster as the duo approached. "Identification?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Cabur:

Cabur smiled slightly, before he reached into his pocket. Something he'd brought specially for the occasion. As he withdrew his hand, a small, blaster-scored medallion with a highly stylized M/W on it, tossing it to the guard before him.

"Cabur Manda," he said, his baritone ringing out clearly. "Mercenary, Pilot, and Death Watch killer extraordinaire." His small smile turned to a full grin.

"Home grown Mando, trained under Jaster Mareel himself. Pre sent an envoy, told me and the wonderful ori'ramikad here to meet him for dinner."

profiles i guess

"Cyare Aaray." Unlike her partner, Cyare chose not to elaborate any further. Her eyes swept over the guards in front of her, noting the raised blaster.

Without her armor, she was distinctly aware of what a single shot could do, should they prove hostile. Not only was she more or less defenseless, at this range, the odds of avoiding the shot were almost zero, even taking into account her reflexes. Along a similar line, she was acutely aware that should they prove hostile, she would have very little ability to fight back.

The estate was likewise suspicious. It spoke of a great paranoia, of someone who knew that there were quite a dew people that would love to see him dead, and took great precautions to prevent it.

The combined image did not to lessen Cyare's feeling of being under prepared.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Pre's Estate)

The men paused, evidently scanning their faces against a database built into his helmet. "Alright...your on record." He waved his hand slightly, at the same time the door began to open...just enough to let them through. Paranoia was evidently something of a watch-word for the security staff here. The hallways ahead kept up the expectations built by the outside, spartan and hardy, with an occasional weapon mounted on the wall.

OOC: This post fills me with shame.

OOC: It probably wouldn't make you feel any better to point out you used the wrong "your", would it? :P

Cyare stepped through the door without another glance at the guards. Keeping eyes to the rear was good, but when stepping into unknown territory, eyes forward was better.

The weapons on the walls were somewhat reassuring. If it came down to a fight, there would be a tool she could use. Even if the blasters weren't functional, she would at least have a club.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"Cyare," Cabur growled, slighly, catching the girl's attention. "I know you may think that moving your eyes only may prevent anybody from noticing what you're looking directly at, but you'd be wrong. Stop eyeing that vibrosword on the east wall." When Cyare looked over to him, slightly annoyed, he grinned.

"What? They might get the wrong idea."

profiles i guess

Levi's eyes widened as he tried his best to twist out of the way of the oncoming swing. He could feel how his over-extension had cost him is the sharpest twist he could muster still resulted in the edge of Erif's stick thwacking against his skin, skimming his ribs roughly. Had Erif been using a lightsaber, the wound would not have been fatal, but certainly debilitating, possibly even a disabling blow. Levi took a deep breath to slow himself down, as he felt his emotions threaten to leap up, making him want to rush in again. But Levi was calmer now, and knew that was a terrible idea. Levi slowly began circling Erif, blade held ready.

---

Glee Anselm, New Republic of Glee Anselm - Day Two

Thyzan Gentrius tapped his fingers somewhat anxiously against the desk he sat behind, one he had only recently begun to occupy. The seat was that of the head of the council (Chancellor, if you will) of the newly instated Republic of Glee Anselm. It was strange, sitting behind the desk in a position of political force. Granted, it wasn't as if the Anselmi had absolutely no political power, but their representative was constantly overshadowed by their Nautolan counterpart, an unfortunate side effect of the Nautolans holding major control of Glee Anselm, particularly within the planet's rather spacious ocean system.

All that seemed to be on the cusp of changing, however.

The Anselmi had never been fans of attempting to win through politics, but within the last few weeks, the support of politics from the Anselmi race had grown considerably. So much so, that word was filtering through the grapevine that worry was beginning to form in the ranks of the Nautolans.

And this was apparently only compounding the worries of the Nautolan political force.

Nautolan politicians and leaders had been disappearing, apparently the work of a particularly radical revolutionary group calling themselves Neo Anselm. While people calling themselves heroes attempting to wrestle control of Glee Anselm from the Nautolans was a somewhat common trend, most attempts were shot down swiftly. But this group was proving to be incredibly successful, so much so that the Nautolans had made a bid to mobilize military forces to end the threat.

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

With the movement of such forces, Thyzan knew that it was now possible to go above the Nautolan's heads, and take this to the Galactic Senate. If the Republic of Glee Anselmi could make a presence at such a stage, the possibility of evening the balance of power between the Nautolan and the Anselmi was suddenly a much greater prospect...

OOC: New arc incoming.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

The nautolan nodded in acknowledgement. What Erif said certainly felt true; Levi had no idea the blade would continue like that, though in hindsight, it only makes sense. Levi continued to circle Erif warily, choosing caution over fervor.