Star Wars: Odysseys

Havelock Vetinari

OOC: Well, I told you my name isn't Jason, Leopold.

Alright, well if I ever actually want one enough to do that, I'll make sure to PM it. =P

I guess I'll try to get a bounty hunter up soon. You may begin plotting who you want assassinated now. (We accept checks)

IC: Glee Anselm, Abandoned Warehouse - Day Seven

Jaru Kril was not amused, nor pleased. This was entirely unsurprising when one considered the trail of blood cascading over his lower lip, a flow aggravated by a by a string of strikes to his face. Arms tied behind his back to his seat, There was nothing the Nautolan could to to stop it.Jaru's large glassy eyes took in the faces of his captors, a group of Anselmi, members of the self-proclaimed "Neo-Anselm".They fancied themselves a cabal of freedom fighters. Jaru was personally of the opinion that they were all simply whiny thugs with a strong sense of entitlement, and a comparatively infinitesimal sense of moral integrity. As far as Jaru could tell, it was this sense of entitlement, this drive to see Glee Anselmi in the hands of it's "rightful owners" that lead the group to add Jaru's name to a growing list of kidnapped Nautolan dignitaries.An Anselmi of smaller size than usual strode across the room to stand alongside the rather large Anselmi who had driven his knuckles across Jaru's face, bringing it to it's current bleeding state. The Anselmi began to speak, bringing Jaru out of his thoughts."Jaru Kril, speaker for the Nautolan city "Callisto", and current man in line to accompany the speaker for Glee Anselm to the galactic council. You are a man proving to be quite a thorn in our side. Your relationship with the Rak'Qua has caused us no small amount of trouble in our efforts to get you here."Jaru snorted and spit a globule of blood at the Anselmi's feet. "Well isn't that just terrible?" the Nautolan asked, his tone flat. "Perhaps next time if you make an appointment, we can meet under less strenuous circumstances."The small Anselmi chuckled before nodding to the larger one, who's fist lashed across Jaru's face for the Nth time this hour alone.Once Jaru began to be able to see through the pain-created spots in his vision again, the Anselmi continued."You have come into possession of some very important information. Information that would put a considerable kink in our plans if we would have allowed you to reach your destination. I'm sure you can understand why it was necessary to, to be frank, abduct you. Now your stay here is likely going to be quite unpleasant, but you can make it less so by divulging exactly where the 'Blue Ivy' data wafer is located."Jaru stared for a moment at the Anselmi, who only tapped his foot against the ground, belying his nervous impatience. Then, Jaru burst into laughter.Not amused, the short Anselmi cracked his neck. "Well. I'm sure my friend here can discuss ways to make things more agreeable with you for some time. And I imagine when I return, you'll be far more willing to aid us. Roaklin?"Roaklin, the larger Anselmi, merely nodded in response before stepping over to a table on the side of the small, dank room they were "conducting business" in. When he turned, he was holding some wicked looking metallic object. One Jaru was quite certain he would not enjoy getting acquainted with. The smaller Anselmi, one Kroatha Anduli strode out of the room much as he had entered, the sound of gentle humming kicking up behind him, followed by a rather tortured sounding scream. Kroatha chuckled as he continued down the hall...

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Since I'm a little tired of waiting...

IC-Cabur Manda:

Well, after the original introductions, the dinner went well. Typical dishes for Mandalor, though a few were on the more exotic side, even for one native to the planet. Soon enough he and Cyare were given the details of their mission, except for two things: When it would occur, and where it would be. They would, however, be contacted about it. After that, the dinner was a bit quieter.

Cut to three hours later and Cabur was sitting in the helm of his ship, playing his fretted bass viol, when he heard light patter of footfalls come near him. He smiled slightly, turning around to view a still-unarmoured Cyare.

"Nu'lise nuhoyir?" he asked quietly.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Cyare Aaray, A'Den Beskar

"I rarely do." Cyare replied, coming to a stop a foot or two from the inside of the cockpit. Her posture was stiff as ever, and her arms were folded across her chest.

"Bal gar?"

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Cabur:

"Trikar'la," Cabur replied. "Haryc." He shrugged, and suddenly, his smile returned.

"Haryc b'aalyc," he said then. It was obvious that he actually wasn't drunk-he didn't allow himself to be-but he was likely to make his jokes all the same. He gestured to the co-pilot's seat next to him, setting his bass viol against the wall.

"And why can't my Cyar'ika sleep, hmm?" he asked, waiting for Cyare to sit down.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC: Cyare

The mandalorian started to glare in response, but seemed to think better of it, her face resuming its normal expression. Which is to say, impassive. She sat down in the second seat, her back perfectly perpendicular to the base of the chair.

"I rarely sleep at night. Naas evaar'la."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC-Cabur:

"Well, you should. Because sleeping during the day isn't helpful, and staying constantly awake will cause death-either by you causing an accident whilst tired or literal death by sleep deprivation," the slightly-more-experienced warrior replied. "And I don't want either to happen. Slana nuhoyir."

profiles i guess

"My behavior is nothing new. I'm not dead yet, buir." Cyare replied, slightly sharper than she normally would have. "I do sleep, and I sleep in sufficient amounts."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I appreciate the offer, but no. Our host's kitchens did not seem to have an idea at what point they should stop sending in food." The meaning was quite clear: Cyare was far from hungry.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"True," the Mando replied. Almost unconsciously he reached over, grabbing his bass viol, beginning to play a tune on the instrument. He sat like that, in relative silence-eyes glazed over as he did what he could to remember the song perfectly (and succeeded)-for a few moments, before he suddenly stopped the instrument. When Cyare would look over, she might notice a bit of an intent look in his eyes, just before he slipped out to put up the instrument.

Not ten seconds later was he back at his controls, hands already moving over the various panels like lightning.

"Cyare," he said after a moment, "What do you say we make a short run to Raxus Prime while we wait? I heard there's a Death Watch remnant there, and I want to get rid of them."

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

"I would appreciate the chance to stretch my legs." Cyare replied, standing, and starting to move toward the connector between their ships.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Cyare paused, glancing out the cockpit as the ship rose. For a brief moment, the site of her visit could be seen. A large clearing with row upon row of headstones. Then it was gone, as the ship climbed up, out of the atmosphere.

"Yeah. I'll do that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Nayc." The lie was spoken as easily as she would a truth, her face never wavering from its detached expression. Her body language itself was a lie, designed to disguise any useful information. A tactic used as often on enemies as allies. "Nothing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"Can you please tell me, instead of having to have a repeat of earlier?" Cabur asked wearily, shaking his head. "Honestly, now that you know the biggest event of my past, you may as well tell me the biggest part of yours. Otherwise, it'll create an unnecessary rift between us that will likely cause problems both out of battle and in battle; same thing happened in my unit not too long ago."

profiles i guess

Cyare's eyes narrowed, almost imperceptibly. "State your suspicions. I may decide to give you an answer, and I might not. It will depend on my own opinion."

"You'll just have to take your chances."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"Close family member died," Cabur replied, seemingly uncaring-almost like he was listing off ship parts. "Or members. Possibly in battle, possibly assassinated, I don't know. And after that, you basically decided you were going to maintain some sort of shell around yourself for the rest of your life. Be it from your armour or from your own self-discipline."

profiles i guess

"Interesting guess." The Mando replied flatly, turning, and starting for her side of the ship. Her movements were even more controlled than normal; almost too controlled. A forced calm.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

Dare he risk it? Dare he risk ruining what had likely been the most profitable partnership in his life-and, let's face it, one of the best friendships, all with a simple gesture?

...Yes.

"Cyare." When she decided not to turn back, Cabur's hand came out, grasping her arm-it seemed he'd moved himself-rather quietly for one with his general method of doing things. Then she did decide to turn, likely angry, but Cabur didn't give her any time to attack.

Instead, he simply pulled her into a short hug.

"Ni nu'nari kadalar gar," he said quietly. "A'gar kadala gar'ast."

profiles i guess

All was still for a moment. Cyare neither returned the embrace, nor did she break away from it, instead remaining perfectly still, as if she hadn't yet decided how to respond. The moment passed quickly, and she pulled away, her expression hard.

"I am fine. As I always am. Nor do I recall confirming your guess."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Cyare was silent for a long moment, staring at Cabur. Her expression never changed, even as she studied her partner carefully. "You're misreading these supposed truths."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

"I think you have less self-control than you realize," Cabur calmly shot back, his face as blank as hers. "Because if I'd been wrong, you wouldn't still be here talking to me...No, you'd already be back on your half of the ship. Your posture, your movements when you went to leave earlier...more control than you would normally exercise, had I been wrong...The fact that you let me hug you. It's not hard to realize I hit close to the mark, Cyare."

profiles i guess

"You are wrong. And you seem to insist on misinterpreting facts." Cyare turned once more, starting toward the connector. "Clearly attempting to help you see the error of your assessment is futile."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Cabur:

Welp.

"Clearly you can't seem to come to terms with the death of whoever it was," Cabur said nonchalantly, leaning back in his chair. "So you wrap yourself in armour, literal and metaphorical, so that you can prevent anybody else from learning what it was...and, I think, to prevent it from getting to you too easily. Why? Are you afraid of the pain? Are you afraid of what people will think of you, when they learn?" He shrugged. "I don't know, it's your mind, not mine.

"Are you afraid that people won't fear you as a bounty hunter, if it ever comes to light? Afraid that people will think you're just a normal girl, not a heartless monster?" He paused for a moment, gathering in his breath. "Afraid that, no matter what happens, the pain will be eating at you? Unable for you to let go of it?

"Sometimes it may seem like that, but it's better that you just let the issue be known, Cyar'ika, at least to the person with a similar experience."

profiles i guess

Cyare didn't stop moving, reaching the connector and stepping through without hesitation. The door slid shut, obscuring her from view. But once she was through, the Mando stayed still, staring off into space.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (The Hearing)

In a word, things moved quickly. Dooku raised his saber and activated it, placing himself between Faraxa and the council. Moving quickly, a few Jedi from the onlookers joined him. Yoda's mouth dropped open in shock, he appeared at a loss for words. Mace Windu stepped forwards, saber activated. "Judgement as been rendered. The council's will cannot be denied. Please, Dooku, step aside." A few of the council members joined Windu, standing behind him, sabers raised.

Dooku shook his head. "I think not. I will not allow this." Behind him, the onlookers took sides, the civilians simply fled. The room was split into battle lines, members of the Temple Security Force look onwards, forced into inaction. Then one of them broke this spell and raised his blaster....aiming it torwards a member of the council. Many officers did the same, others raised their weapons and aimed at their former comrades. Suddenly, the silence as broke. Someone fired their weapon, a security officer fell to the floor, a gaping hole in his chest.

Then the powder keg exploded. The room erupted into violence. Jedi fought jedi, blaster bolts fired into the melee, officers went down missing limbs, unwary Jedi were fell to the floor with smoking holes in their chests...

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Arcturus, Levi - The Hearing, Coruscant

The moment Dooku's lightsaber ignited, Arcturus flowed to his feet, one lightsaber snapping into his hand, the other floating alongside Levi, who grabbed it without a moment's hesitation.

When the chaos began to erupt, Arcturus glanced at Levi, then the door. Understanding his master's plan, Levi leaped to the main exit of the chambers, doing his best to deflect blaster fire as he tried to ensure that bystanders managed to escape unscathed.

Arcturus himself began stepping into the heat of battle, lightsaber flashing and flowing impressively as he made his way through distracted sympathizers, incapacitating them swiftly. The trouble began as he began to come in contact with other Jedi.

Arcturus was a master, there was no doubt, but even a master is not unstoppable. Fortunately, being a master, Arcturus was keenly aware of this. As such, he avoided biting off more than he could chew, moving to cover other members of the council rather than trying to take on a throng of saber wielders on his own.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC-Jaron:

"So, Faraxa, I was thinking you and I ought to quietly slip out of here," Jaron said, looking completely inconsicuous and calm in the room, despite the fact that all chaos was breaking out around him. He was dressed in his usual matter, a read robe, belted at the waist; his weapons - all those around assumed which to be a single blaster - rather well hidden within.

"Because this place is getting a little...rowdy, for people like us. What d'you say we get something to drink?"

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant]

Everything happened at once. Dooku stepped in front of her, barring the Council's path, his blue blade springing to life in his palm. The shock in the room, especially for a Force-user, was an almost physical blow. The wizened Grand Master's mouth fell open, and if it weren't for the current situation, Faraxa would have smiled at the sight. Like all the younglings within the Temple, she had wholeheartedly believed that nothing would ever surprise or slip past the Jedi Master's sight. But here it was. The shock wore off quickly, and soon people were beginning to take action. Mace Windu; two meters of solid granite muscle, amethyst energy blade, and Jedi Master; stepped forward, his uniquely colored blade activated. Around the room, the snap-hiss of other energy blades broke the silence, while the distinct whirl of blasters charging followed soon after.

There was the report of a blaster shot, and one of the Temple security guards fell, his chest a smoking hole. With that, the fighting broke out. Civilians screamed. Bodies dropped to the ground, smoking from blaster wounds or lightsaber cuts. It was all too much for Faraxa. Almost immediately, though, her instincts kicked in. The endless hours of training within the Temple to replace her natural instincts snapping her into an almost trance-like state. She was just reacting. Even before her mind could catch up to the sudden change in events, she was reacting. Her fur rippled from the sudden burst of adrenaline. When she finally gathered herself together, Faraxa realized that she had activated her own lightsaber. Four blades of crystal-cyan humming from her single hilt, whirling through the air as she slapped stray blaster bolts into the floor.

It was then that she realized that Jaron was still beside her, having spoken something. Despite the situation, the man remained almost perfectly calm, at a level of which she had previously believed only the highest Jedi Masters capable of. Faraxa's first thought was to stay, help her friends against... the Jedi? Would she really do that? The Devaronian lowered her blade, but did not deactivate it completely. A Temple security guard fell to the ground not two meters before her, a stray blaster bolt deflected by another lightsaber catching him in the neck. Time itself seemed to slow, as Faraxa stared at the body. Was it someone she knew? Cut down by pure chance, being in the wrong place at the wrong time? Killed, by the Jedi who deflected the bolt?

The shock came to her like a blast of cold water. At that moment, Faraxa came to a stunning, world-shattering conclusion.

It was her fault.

All of it.

Before she had time to make sense of this, Faraxa whirled around to Jaron. In one fluid motion, she deactivated her lightsaber's multiple blades, clipped the weapon to her belt, and tackled Jaron to the ground. Less than a second passed of them laying on the floor, the room in absolute chaos around them, before the two literally sunk through the ground.

Thanks to Faraxa's Force power.

They landed in the room directly below the one above, the phase-shift from intangible to solid coming like a minor electrical shock as their atoms decided to obey the laws of physics again. She had never tried her power on another person, and she wasn't quite sure if it would work. Faraxa lifted herself off of Jaron, enough for her eyes, wide with shock, to stare down at him. “Are you okay?” she asked breathlessly, still in a daze.

What just happened?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Jaron:

"I am fine...you, however, are not," Jaron replied, standing up himself. "Which is exactly why I suggested we get a drink; something to calm your nerves. You need it, no?" Jaron asked, smiling. As Faraxa listened to him, he ever-so-slightly probed her mind with the Force, a gentle touch she wouldn't even distinguish from the pervading suffusion of the Force within her itself; and he found her mind in a state of disarray, though a slight sense of agreement with his statement was in there.

As such, he drew upon that statement, strengthening it all within a moment, and Faraxa's gaze was drawn to his eyes. Mismatched, in any other being they would appear odd, even vile; in him, they served to perfectly complement his appearance. Two gems, one of emerald and one of blue, both set in an intense gaze, drawing Faraxa in further, swallowing her, prompting her to say, if only to make him happy, "Yes, that'd be a wonderful idea...""Very good!" Jaron exclaimed, the contact broken. Faraxa frowned, she hadn't notice that she'd said that out loud; no matter. Jaron quickly grabbed her, pulling her along to get out of the court room's basement, and back to civilization.

profiles i guess

IC: Faraxa Sabosen [Coruscant]

If she hadn't still been in a daze, Faraxa would have frowned from more than just a slight confusion. If it wasn't for the fact that she had just witnessed Jedi turning on Jedi, she would have taken a moment to question why she had been so keen on agreeing with Jaron. If all of this just hadn't happened, then Faraxa would be in a much different position as of now. But, as it was, the Devaronian was still in shock, her mind a mess of things as she tried to make sense of what she had seen mere moments before. It was all she could do to just keep her feet under her as Jaron led her out of the basement. The sudden use of her Force ability didn't help thing's much, especia-

Faraxa's right leg suddenly gave out under her, and not from a lack of coordination. Confused, she glanced down, only to see a smoking hole in her robes. She didn't need to feel the burned fabric to know that the blaster bolt had burned through into her thigh as well. The adrenaline was still numbing the pain to just a numb sensation of something wrong, but soon enough, it would wear off.

"Ow," Faraxa stated quietly, blinking.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Jaron:

Great.

"Faraxa," Jaron muttered, kneeling down next to the Devaronian, "I'm going to have to ask you that, no matter what you might be about to learn, you'll never view me as different from how I am, you won't get scared and try to report me to the police, or anything like that." Jaron glared over at Faraxa, keeping up the eye contact until, slowly, almost apprehensively, she nodded.

While normally one might expect a relieved look from Jaron, that didn't come about; no, he looked more agitated than ever as he shook his right hand out of his robes, looking down at the wound Faraxa carried. The flesh had cauterized, thankfully, so it wouldn't bleed when transfered; however, it was deep, and as such would be rather painful to transfer over.

Especially for one as calm as Jaron. Still, though, he held out his hand, over the wound; as Faraxa looked on in concentration, and maybe a little consternation, she would notice something rather odd. Tendrils of red light ran down Jaron's arm, beneath his robes, coming out around his fingers, and continuing down to explore Faraxa's wound; for one experienced with a Jedi's style of force healing, this was something new entirely; possibly frightening.

Soon Faraxa would feel a familiar sensation - her wound tingling, closing up, restored to its original appearance pre-wound, while Jaron's face grew paler, more pained. After a minute he was finished with his healing; and as Faraxa sprung up, he sat on the ground for a moment, catching his breath. A moment later and he was up as well, limping down the hall as though nothing had really happened, a muttered "Hurry up, woman, we have to get out of here," all that lingered in the air behind him.

profiles i guess