• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Earthbound LEGO Robot Controlled From Space

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 2,695 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 12:10 AM

In what undoubtedly will pave the way for robotic invasions of extraterrestrial moons and planets, a scientist working with NASA and the European Space Agency aboard the International Space Station has successfully controlled a LEGO robot on Earth. The experiment was part of a test of Disruption-Tolerant Networking, a next-generation communications protocol designed for internet-like transmissions across the voids of space. <a href='http://www.technewsworld.com/story/76592.html' target='offsite'>Follow the link</a> for details and a picture of the Mindstorms NXT robot hero.View the full article

#2 Offline Konuju

Konuju
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-December 07
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2012 - 01:43 AM

At first I thought this said EarthBound, as in the videogame. :PNevertheless, that's really awesome. It's neat to see all these ways LEGO Bricks can be used in the "real world."
Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama
2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu
2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta
2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama
2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama
2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka
2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli
2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation
2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui
2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui
2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

#3 Offline KlakWest

KlakWest
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 26-September 08
  • 1,111 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 06:11 PM

Sounds awesome!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

#4 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-April 06
  • 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 12:27 AM

For a second I thought they were going to make Earthbound sets.But this is pretty darn awesome too.

Majhost sucks

#5 Online Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Disk of the Transporters Retrieved

• 09-April 10
  • 8,898 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 10:24 AM

I thought that this article would have something to do with the Earthbound games when I first saw the headline for this. :PBut still, this is really cool.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#6 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-April 06
  • 3,251 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2012 - 04:50 PM

I thought that this article would have something to do with the Earthbound games when I first saw the headline for this. :PBut still, this is really cool.

For a second I thought they were going to make Earthbound sets.But this is pretty darn awesome too.

At first I thought this said EarthBound, as in the videogame. :PNevertheless, that's really awesome. It's neat to see all these ways LEGO Bricks can be used in the "real world."

Lol I just realised this

Edited by Reckoner, Nov 23 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Majhost sucks

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users