Substitute Shinigami Badge

Blessed Blade

So, my first new MOC since the reboot! And my first to actually fit into the system category, which also makes it the first MOC that I've made for this new forum. But, well, uh, that doesn't really matter. ^_^; Anyway. So, I've been thinking about how this would work for a little while. The Substitute Shinigami Badge is an item from Bleach that Ichigo gets after the Soul Society arc. However, it hasn't had that much use until just recently, when it got a lot more screen time. But, the badge is brown; and I have almost no brown pieces, and the ones I do have... Are slopes and other such items; which won't work for this. So, I decided to instead do a 'recolour', based on the colour scheme I pretty much give anything... Green and Black. However, aside from the colour scheme, I made sure to follow the actual badge as best as I could... So, here are the pics, which are linked because they're huge. Front. Back. Left side. Right side. The two side pictures are pretty much only to show that I followed the exact same pattern on both sides; I wanted to show symmetry for this one, just like I wanted a colour scheme that worked for once... Something I actually pulled off, since I only used three main colours. =) I don't count the red, since it's only to show a 'glow' in the eyes, another recolour I made, since otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the design that makes the badge more than just a normal block of wood cut into a shape. Well, aside from the other special properties the badge has. =P Also, I realize there are holes that shouldn't be there... And I tried my best to get rid of those, as the only ones left are the ones I just can't get rid of due to the design of the badge. The most noticeable ones are the ones on the side, near the top. That's mostly due to how I handled the design of the main badge 'skeleton', since I used those pieces that you can set to pretty much any angle, which I needed for this, since it wasn't just a square badge. Let me know what you guys think! And before anyone asks, yes, it is pretty much the same size, since you can effectively hold the badge in your hand... Something people who are familiar with the current Bleach arc should know the importance of, and that I hinted at in the tags I used. ;)

Well, I don't know what a Shinigami badge is. But you made it look good. I like how you made it somewhat asymmetrical at the top, and the red dots are attention-grabbing.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Thank you for the comments. =) Just curious on one thing about the comment, what do you mean by asymmetrical? Are you talking about the handle at the top? Or something else? Simply curious, because I'm honestly not certain what part you're referring to. But again, thank you for commenting, and yeah, you have a point. Those literally are red dots, by the way; originally they were red bricks, but I found I could redo the inner structure, and replace it with white bricks, and get a more skull-like appearance there, and use the red plates for the eyes, instead of bricks. And they do help grab attention... Even though on the actual badge, the eyes would be black, and the skull not-white. =P(In fact, the entire thing would have a brown and black look to represent it being carved out of wood, but well, again, I have no brown pieces. If I ever get LDD, I'll try to remake this with the proper colour scheme in there. =)

Yeah, the handle looks asymmetrical. Though that may not have been avoidable. Oh, well. And yes, you should remake it in LDD.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Hmm. That's odd... It's the same distance on either side... Maybe it's the pictures that's the problem? Again, if I had LDD, it'd be much easier to show, since everyone could just load it into the program to see it dynamically, but I doubt it'll run on my computer. =/ However, if ever I do get it, assuming it has the parts I need, I will definitely remake it. =) Maybe even change it up a little, since I notice it's a little too thick with three rows of bricks... So I'm thinking I might need a row of brick for the skeleton of the badge, and then plates for the rest, instead of the two other rows of bricks.