• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Kualsi

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,192 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 11:25 AM

Quick question: If a Kualsi user uses binoculars or a telescope to expand his line of sight, can he teleport farther? Or does the mask's line of sight only work with the naked eye?

Shiverburn_Galaxy_Figures_Close-Up.PNG

#2 Online Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,287 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 11:40 AM

No it is confirmed that a kualsi user can travel to places they see via a selutuSo with an eyepiece it will work to

I'm back!

#3 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 11:49 AM

No it is confirmed that a kualsi user can travel to places they see via a selutuSo with an eyepiece it will work to

A Suletu? Isn't that a Mask of Telepathy?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#4 Online Dual Cee

Dual Cee

• 1,287 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yep another toa send a mental image of a place to a kualsi wearer and poof I is stated on BS01

I'm back!

#5 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,782 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 02:54 PM

It does say on BS01 that it is also risky to teleport using a Suletu, I imagine the same would apply if using something that drastically extends the field of vision, such as a Telescope. Not sure what exactly makes these things "risky" though. Risky in terms of you have less knowledge of the place you end up, or risky in a "potential teleport failure vaporisation" type situation?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#6 Online Dual Cee

Dual Cee

• 1,287 posts

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 03:06 PM

I think it's risky like : "Oh no I might materialise in a tree of rock" Like arthaka told the gang while they were floating in space

I'm back!

#7 Offline Takanuvainika

Takanuvainika
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 271 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2012 - 09:21 PM

On [another site] is says that if a toa nuva was sharing the power of a Akaku Nuva with a Kualsi user then the Kualsi user could teleport through walls, but BS01 doesn't mention it. Is this canon?

Edited by bonesiii, Nov 12 2012 - 04:51 PM.
We can't mention that site here. -bones

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

#8 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,010 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 04:17 PM

I doubt [that site] is very accurate, but it could be possible to teleport to a place with your sight extended.

Edited by bonesiii, Nov 12 2012 - 04:51 PM.
We can't mention that site here. -bones

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#9 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2012 - 04:39 PM

I would say that yes, this is doable, but it would likely be risky for balancing reasons (in-story, either GB balancing or "harder to control precisely over distance"). The Akaku Nuva scenario is probably doable, but similar to the telescope scenario in that you might reappear inside an object you're seeing through.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#10 Offline darkslizer

darkslizer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 158 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 03:21 PM

It does say on BS01 that it is also risky to teleport using a Suletu, I imagine the same would apply if using something that drastically extends the field of vision, such as a Telescope. Not sure what exactly makes these things "risky" though. Risky in terms of you have less knowledge of the place you end up, or risky in a "potential teleport failure vaporisation" type situation?

Perhaps it would teleport you to the place the wearer showed you, regardless of how it actually looks. For instance, if a Suletu wearer showed the Kualsi wearer a pre-falling picture of Mahri-Nui, and it was underwater, then the Kualsi wearer might die, if not mutate into a hideous form that prohibits return to the surface.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply.                Create.                  Consume.

#11 Online Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens

• 1,288 posts

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yep another toa send a mental image of a place to a kualsi wearer and poofI is stated on BS01

Now that is awesome. Could make for a good double team

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users