• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

What keeps you here?

BZPower Community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 804 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 09:54 PM

It's a fairly basic question. What aspect of BZPower keeps drawing you to the site? Is it the community, the fancy forums, the staff (teehee narcissism), or your fellow members? Or do you really don't know why you haven't left yet? (please don't please don't I beg of you please don't)For me, it's a number of reasons. The most obvious answer: I got a job to do here. The more complicated answer is that I really love the staff (they're a weird, lovable bunch), as well as the community. Everyone is so whacky and funny here, and without it I think my life would be unimaginably dull.So how 'bout you?

Edited by Paleo, Mar 30 2013 - 03:10 PM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#2 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:05 PM

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle. There aren't many Bionicle (or even Lego) fans my age (meaning teenage years, I'm not like 40 or something) in my area, and it's nice to talk about it. I also like the areas to post and get critism on your creations, plastic, artistic, or scripted.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:21 PM

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle.

Pretty much this. It's the only place I know where we can seriously discuss Bionicle (and other Lego themes) without topics with titles like "BRING BACK BIONCLE" or "SIGN HERE IF YOU WANT BIONICLE TO RETURN" popping up every single second (because those were pretty annoying). Plus, the members are all awesome.

Edited by FrozenFlash, Nov 13 2012 - 10:21 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#4 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:30 PM

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle. There aren't many Bionicle (or even Lego) fans my age (meaning teenage years, I'm not like 40 or something) in my area, and it's nice to talk about it. I also like the areas to post and get critism on your creations, plastic, artistic, or scripted.

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle.

Pretty much this. It's the only place I know where we can seriously discuss Bionicle (and other Lego themes) without topics with titles like "BRING BACK BIONCLE" or "SIGN HERE IF YOU WANT BIONICLE TO RETURN" popping up every single second (because those were pretty annoying). Plus, the members are all awesome.

These. And because of the BZPRPG and the CoT RPGs.

1322709438521.jpg

#5 Offline Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,571 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:34 PM

I honestly have no ideajust habit, I guess

mulderbanner.jpg

#6 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:38 PM

I really have no idea. Friends, blogs, or something like that. :P

#7 Offline Grantaire

Grantaire
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,046 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:40 PM

The ECC won't let me go.Oh, and Ambage has me firmly fettered.ONE YEAR MORENEXT YEAR I WILL BE SITEs AWAYAND YET WITH HERE MY LIFE HAS STARTEDJust because Les Mis song butchery.

Edited by Zarayna, Nov 13 2012 - 10:43 PM.

#8 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,859 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 10:50 PM

Duty.

When you're burnin' down, when you're burnin' down

ghostsnstuff.jpg

It's the way that you fake it I know it's too late

#9 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 11:01 PM

I come here to close topics and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of gum.

Edited by HAZMAT, Nov 13 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#10 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,916 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 11:22 PM

I GET TO CLOSE TOPICSGLORIOUSLY

rotr_banner.png

#11 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2012 - 11:24 PM

What keeps me here? The people and the BZPRPG (I love that game :3 ). The people are nice, and the BZPRPG is just really really fun and awesome. :D

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#12 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,183 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 12:01 AM

Black Six literally has a gun to my head, Saw-trap style.It's more annoying than scary at this point. Seriously it's BEEN SIX YEARS MAN TIME TO LET GO

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#13 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,039 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 07:00 AM

Bionicle is my life. Simple as that.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer~Drone 0350

Sunken Cities Profiles ~ Trapped in a Map Profiles ~ Voyage of the Requiem IV Profiles

#14 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Premier Member

• 1,252 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 07:03 AM

Bionicle is my life. Simple as that.

Me too but if I have to choose I'll go with:BZPRPGand the GregF questions by Erebus

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

#15 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,382 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 09:07 AM

The site's heritage as a BIONICLE site grants it a very unique perspective among LEGO fansites. I've hardly found any other LEGO fan sites where LEGO themes' chapter books are even discussed unless I bring them up myself. Though sadly, that's sometimes still the case here... I'm surprised that with all the people so desperate for Greg Farshtey to come back, so few seem to have taken an interest in what he's been doing in the meantime for the Ninjago and Hero Factory themes.BZPower members have a very special type of nostalgia. Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes. Bring up Exo-Force and while you'll find a lot more supporters (it is, after all, TLG's most dedicated mecha theme), you'll also hear a lot of criticisms of the manga-like aesthetic and flimsiness of the battle machines. Even BIONICLE and Hero Factory can be controversial topics, with many AFOLs of the opinion that the sets have been repetitive since day one and are simply kid-oriented junk. On BZPower, any of these themes is likely to be remembered with a certain fondness, even if it means people will sometimes look at them through rose-colored glasses.Furthermore, I think I have valuable things to contribute here on BZPower, like on any other site. Because of its unique perspective, BZPower is also a unique forum for ideas, and so there might be things I can share that would be more welcome here on other sites, or alternatively things I can share that BZPower members might not encounter otherwise due to the site's fairly isolationist linking policies.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#16 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 09:24 AM

There will always be something for me to talk about here. It just depends what I'm into at the time.

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

#17 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 09:40 AM

The site's heritage as a BIONICLE site grants it a very unique perspective among LEGO fansites. I've hardly found any other LEGO fan sites where LEGO themes' chapter books are even discussed unless I bring them up myself. Though sadly, that's sometimes still the case here... I'm surprised that with all the people so desperate for Greg Farshtey to come back, so few seem to have taken an interest in what he's been doing in the meantime for the Ninjago and Hero Factory themes.BZPower members have a very special type of nostalgia. Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes. Bring up Exo-Force and while you'll find a lot more supporters (it is, after all, TLG's most dedicated mecha theme), you'll also hear a lot of criticisms of the manga-like aesthetic and flimsiness of the battle machines. Even BIONICLE and Hero Factory can be controversial topics, with many AFOLs of the opinion that the sets have been repetitive since day one and are simply kid-oriented junk. On BZPower, any of these themes is likely to be remembered with a certain fondness, even if it means people will sometimes look at them through rose-colored glasses.Furthermore, I think I have valuable things to contribute here on BZPower, like on any other site. Because of its unique perspective, BZPower is also a unique forum for ideas, and so there might be things I can share that would be more welcome here on other sites, or alternatively things I can share that BZPower members might not encounter otherwise due to the site's fairly isolationist linking policies.

Pretty much this. More than any other Lego fansite, I feel BZP treats those sorts of themes more fairly due to their history as a supporter of Lego's longest-lived story/constraction theme. Couple that with the fact that I feel more like a part of the community here than on other sites.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#18 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,830 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 12:59 PM

Nostalgia for Bionicle is the #1 factor. The community is good too, though, and I enjoy reading epics, comedies and comics.

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky, 'cause there's footprints on the moon." - Adam Young, The Yacht Club

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the feral Toa, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Suran, Yaddrokk, Shadd, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#19 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,838 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm here because I love this site. :)-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#20 Offline Your Evil Friend

Your Evil Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Submerged!

• 1,166 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 02:48 PM

A few things really.1. The people and friends I have met here2. All my life I have never really been able to talk about Bionicle with any one, so now at the age of 17, I finality can.3. A habit really. Seriously, my mouse instantly goes to BZPower on my favorites bar with out control.4. I stay forever loyal to this site.

#21 Offline Unikitty Tekulo

Unikitty Tekulo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 03:11 PM

I come for the wugga's, but stay for the jiggy-jugga's. XPAnyway, I stay here for, I guess, two main reasons. 1) Bionicle and LEGO are a large part of nostalgia from childhood and I'm still into LEGO sets as a hobby now.2) So many members here are totally awesome and I find myself dreaming of farm animals.

#22 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,299 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 03:43 PM

What keeps me here? 1) Bionicle. 2) Learning things. From other people. From just the website in general.

#23 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,121 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm here for the community, the writing, and the RPing.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#24 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,227 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:51 AM

Trading is always fun to do.

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-64-68-7046

#25 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,935 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 10:08 AM

I'm here for the ECC and my own fanfics, which I have yet to finish posting. I do still have an interest in Bionicle, but not quite as big an interest before it was canceled.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(BIONICLE: The Legend Reloaded (Repost))
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 04/14/14) (Review Topic)

#26 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,651 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 11:32 AM

1. The community.2. My interest in Bionicle.3. My goal to become an OBZPC.That's about it.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#27 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:35 PM

Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes.

I would say that this is because, out of all the themes that you mentioned, KKII is the only one that legitimately deserves derision (seriously, horse mounted catapults and jousting on wheels?). But that's another topic.Personally, there aren't too many reasons I stay here anymore. Most topics don't get very much discussion, and I've been increasingly avoiding the blogs because of how controversal and polarized the environment has gotten. The only big reason I stay is because Bonesiii's Bionicle Paracosmos is still running, and that alone not only keeps me from abandoning the site entirely but also leads me to join in on the occasional general discussion as well. Id say because of that, I can definitely see myself staying around for at least a few more years. :)

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#28 Offline Site Lurking Youkai

Site Lurking Youkai
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 247 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:24 PM

The comics, the insane members I call friends, the Bionicleness of it all, and the staff seriously I named my Gliscor after Windrider. I just love this site.

kogasa_sig.jpg

#29 Offline SSF2Zelda

SSF2Zelda
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 8 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:31 PM

The nostalgia it brings me.

#30 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 724 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 03:39 PM

Habit.

#31 Offline Mata Rahi

Mata Rahi
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 808 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 08:56 PM

The nostalgia it brings me.

This. ^^And the people aren't too bad, neither!

Edited by Mata Rahi, Nov 15 2012 - 08:59 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Offline Toa Kayn

Toa Kayn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 257 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 10:42 PM

Unity.

isjfgex.pngBZ Koro - The Movie 2 - 20% Complete     

#33 Offline Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,675 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 01:47 AM

There are many members I've come to know and love over my time on BZPower, and they're a big reason for my staying here. I feel like part of a community because I've made so many great friends here.Also the BZPRPG. Definitely the BZPRPG, and any other RPG's I'm involved in.

<3

#34 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,470 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 07:18 AM

Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes.

I would say that this is because, out of all the themes that you mentioned, KKII is the only one that legitimately deserves derision (seriously, horse mounted catapults and jousting on wheels?). But that's another topic.

Horse-mounted catapults are awesome, man. You don't know what you're talking about. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#35 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 02:47 PM

What keeps me here? Uh...That's a good question actually. Hm, probably nostalgia I guess. I mean I've been here for nearly six years. It'd be a shame to just drop it all and run. Then there's the Library which is a great place for the Bionicle fanfiction that seems strangely absent elsewhere on the internet. I've got a blog here too which is also fun to keep. Oh, and being part of the ECC is reason enough to stay, I reckon.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#36 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 11:21 PM

I would say because I'm CCC, but we never get any requests. =PSo I don't really know. Boredom I guess.

#37 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 6,999 posts

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 12:58 AM

I guess it's because I'm addicted to here. It's a great site, and I still like BIONICLE enough to hang around. Checking BZP makes my internet trips much more interesting.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#38 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 07:00 PM

Habit more than anything. Duty as well.

jlovfkk.jpg

#39 Offline Dual Matrix

Dual Matrix
  • Premier Member

• 1,252 posts

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 04:10 AM

Habit more than anything. Duty as well.

As long as you stay here, I do too

Monster Contest Entries:

The Seige of Ga-Koro Minecraft Modification

(Download Available)

Massive

#40 Offline The First Speaker

The First Speaker
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 07:54 AM

Common interests and the oportunity to be involved in a comunity in the form of contests, feedback, reviews, etc.

le-koro_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users