What keeps you here?

Paleo

It's a fairly basic question. What aspect of BZPower keeps drawing you to the site? Is it the community, the fancy forums, the staff (teehee narcissism), or your fellow members? Or do you really don't know why you haven't left yet? (please don't please don't I beg of you please don't)For me, it's a number of reasons. The most obvious answer: I got a job to do here. The more complicated answer is that I really love the staff (they're a weird, lovable bunch), as well as the community. Everyone is so whacky and funny here, and without it I think my life would be unimaginably dull.So how 'bout you?

Edited by Paleo

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle. There aren't many Bionicle (or even Lego) fans my age (meaning teenage years, I'm not like 40 or something) in my area, and it's nice to talk about it. I also like the areas to post and get critism on your creations, plastic, artistic, or scripted.

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle.
Pretty much this. It's the only place I know where we can seriously discuss Bionicle (and other Lego themes) without topics with titles like "BRING BACK BIONCLE" or "SIGN HERE IF YOU WANT BIONICLE TO RETURN" popping up every single second (because those were pretty annoying). Plus, the members are all awesome. Edited by FrozenFlash

pWPTu7m.jpg

Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle. There aren't many Bionicle (or even Lego) fans my age (meaning teenage years, I'm not like 40 or something) in my area, and it's nice to talk about it. I also like the areas to post and get critism on your creations, plastic, artistic, or scripted.
Personally, I mostly like having a place to talk about Bionicle.
Pretty much this. It's the only place I know where we can seriously discuss Bionicle (and other Lego themes) without topics with titles like "BRING BACK BIONCLE" or "SIGN HERE IF YOU WANT BIONICLE TO RETURN" popping up every single second (because those were pretty annoying). Plus, the members are all awesome.
These. And because of the BZPRPG and the CoT RPGs.

The site's heritage as a BIONICLE site grants it a very unique perspective among LEGO fansites. I've hardly found any other LEGO fan sites where LEGO themes' chapter books are even discussed unless I bring them up myself. Though sadly, that's sometimes still the case here... I'm surprised that with all the people so desperate for Greg Farshtey to come back, so few seem to have taken an interest in what he's been doing in the meantime for the Ninjago and Hero Factory themes.BZPower members have a very special type of nostalgia. Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes. Bring up Exo-Force and while you'll find a lot more supporters (it is, after all, TLG's most dedicated mecha theme), you'll also hear a lot of criticisms of the manga-like aesthetic and flimsiness of the battle machines. Even BIONICLE and Hero Factory can be controversial topics, with many AFOLs of the opinion that the sets have been repetitive since day one and are simply kid-oriented junk. On BZPower, any of these themes is likely to be remembered with a certain fondness, even if it means people will sometimes look at them through rose-colored glasses.Furthermore, I think I have valuable things to contribute here on BZPower, like on any other site. Because of its unique perspective, BZPower is also a unique forum for ideas, and so there might be things I can share that would be more welcome here on other sites, or alternatively things I can share that BZPower members might not encounter otherwise due to the site's fairly isolationist linking policies.

The site's heritage as a BIONICLE site grants it a very unique perspective among LEGO fansites. I've hardly found any other LEGO fan sites where LEGO themes' chapter books are even discussed unless I bring them up myself. Though sadly, that's sometimes still the case here... I'm surprised that with all the people so desperate for Greg Farshtey to come back, so few seem to have taken an interest in what he's been doing in the meantime for the Ninjago and Hero Factory themes.BZPower members have a very special type of nostalgia. Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes. Bring up Exo-Force and while you'll find a lot more supporters (it is, after all, TLG's most dedicated mecha theme), you'll also hear a lot of criticisms of the manga-like aesthetic and flimsiness of the battle machines. Even BIONICLE and Hero Factory can be controversial topics, with many AFOLs of the opinion that the sets have been repetitive since day one and are simply kid-oriented junk. On BZPower, any of these themes is likely to be remembered with a certain fondness, even if it means people will sometimes look at them through rose-colored glasses.Furthermore, I think I have valuable things to contribute here on BZPower, like on any other site. Because of its unique perspective, BZPower is also a unique forum for ideas, and so there might be things I can share that would be more welcome here on other sites, or alternatively things I can share that BZPower members might not encounter otherwise due to the site's fairly isolationist linking policies.
Pretty much this. More than any other Lego fansite, I feel BZP treats those sorts of themes more fairly due to their history as a supporter of Lego's longest-lived story/constraction theme. Couple that with the fact that I feel more like a part of the community here than on other sites.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

A few things really.1. The people and friends I have met here2. All my life I have never really been able to talk about Bionicle with any one, so now at the age of 17, I finality can.3. A habit really. Seriously, my mouse instantly goes to BZPower on my favorites bar with out control.4. I stay forever loyal to this site.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I come for the wugga's, but stay for the jiggy-jugga's. XPAnyway, I stay here for, I guess, two main reasons. 1) Bionicle and LEGO are a large part of nostalgia from childhood and I'm still into LEGO sets as a hobby now.2) So many members here are totally awesome and I find myself dreaming of farm animals.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I'm here for the ECC and my own fanfics, which I have yet to finish posting. I do still have an interest in Bionicle, but not quite as big an interest before it was canceled.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes.
I would say that this is because, out of all the themes that you mentioned, KKII is the only one that legitimately deserves derision (seriously, horse mounted catapults and jousting on wheels?). But that's another topic.Personally, there aren't too many reasons I stay here anymore. Most topics don't get very much discussion, and I've been increasingly avoiding the blogs because of how controversal and polarized the environment has gotten. The only big reason I stay is because Bonesiii's Bionicle Paracosmos is still running, and that alone not only keeps me from abandoning the site entirely but also leads me to join in on the occasional general discussion as well. Id say because of that, I can definitely see myself staying around for at least a few more years. :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Unity.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

There are many members I've come to know and love over my time on BZPower, and they're a big reason for my staying here. I feel like part of a community because I've made so many great friends here.Also the BZPRPG. Definitely the BZPRPG, and any other RPG's I'm involved in.

Bring up Knights' Kingdom II on a lot of AFOL forums and you'll get a lot of responses about how awful the "Jellybean Knights" were and how good it was that LEGO went back to releasing "proper" castle themes.
I would say that this is because, out of all the themes that you mentioned, KKII is the only one that legitimately deserves derision (seriously, horse mounted catapults and jousting on wheels?). But that's another topic.
Horse-mounted catapults are awesome, man. You don't know what you're talking about. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

What keeps me here? Uh...That's a good question actually. Hm, probably nostalgia I guess. I mean I've been here for nearly six years. It'd be a shame to just drop it all and run. Then there's the Library which is a great place for the Bionicle fanfiction that seems strangely absent elsewhere on the internet. I've got a blog here too which is also fun to keep. Oh, and being part of the ECC is reason enough to stay, I reckon.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.