What keeps you here?

Paleo

I personally say it's the awesome community here; since the friendly atmosphere makes me want to return. I'd also say it's partly wanting to make some form of an impact; by helping out and such, and leaving a good impression on others, too, if that can be considered a valid reason. =)

Well, I'm friend with some of the other members here. There's also the numerous writing projects I have going on, and the writing contests that like to pop up. I'm also a member of a critics club and a member of the Ambage, so that alone is enough to keep me here... what else? I enjoy my blog a lot, and I like the BZPcraft competitions. There's also the RPGs, which I have sort of fallen out of 100% since Day Run ended. However, it's looking like there are at least two RPGs next contest that should be able to hold my interest, so I should be back there soon enough.-ibrow

Actually, I just came back.Aside from not being allowed to link to your own website if it has forums on it, I decided to come back for the nostalgia. I had a season of my life where I didn't care about BIONICLE. It was only until recently that I decided to come back.That, and for the little post count perks. Gives you something to work for.

What keeps me here?Assuming we're supposed to constantly be anchored to this site in order to participate.Anyway, not much actually keeps me here. I visit occasionally out of nostalgia, but I've got other things going for me now.

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

I usually come here out of habit. For constantly reporting and covering news regarding LEGO, I usually go through a cycle of visiting almost every prominent LEGO community, blog, etc multiple times a day. The reason I'm more active here on BZPower than anywhere else was that this was my first forum, and I've come to love the place. I've met lots of great people, and it makes it a nice site to be on.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

People!! =DI've gotten to know awesome people from here that I would never have a chance to meet in real life. I can't even tell you how cool it is to have friends all across the country.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Bionicle. It's shaped my life, like, 25% or something. And the community here is good. We are all nice people here, who don't go around spamming, partly too, thanks to the staff's casual yet firm control I mean governance of us. That, and BZPRPG. It's my duty to continue.A big part of it is the sense of belongown, and able to discuss Bionicle with people who love it, since only my brother is one of tgjhe few Bionicle fans which I know of personally. That, and the status BZPower is in a class of its own, really. It's special.

Edited by Norik Astartes

Namely, it's a family-friendly community that has rules in place to avoid nutty drama (the type of drama where people end up getting hurt). Does the drama happen? Yeah sometimes, but since it's against the rules in a lot of cases, it's swiftly dealt with and people are reminded what is and isn't an appropriate action on the website. Additionally, I like having a place where people don't rampantly insult one another over the silliest things.

Most of my close friends have moved on from here, or simply aren't very active here, and I personally do find a lot of the staff to be levelheaded people and pretty neat people overall.

My Lego-based interests have waned, but this site does remind me of the hobby that inspired me to be creative.

1) Bionicle. I actually get to talk about one of my nerdy interests to people who want to hear about it!

2) RPGs.

3) This is one of the few places on the internet which is neither a hive full of creepy and/or hateful trolls nor a site dedicated to criticizing aforementioned trolls. I can come here and be pretty sure that what I find won't depress me for the rest of the day.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't know.

Over the years, I've found that this place has a very broad dark side, making it rather unappealing in most cases. This dark side spreads to the behavior of the members, the staff - anybody. It makes me less and less eager to come back. Look at the latest war. That's an example of something that would make me less eager to come.

This is a kids' site, people. What do you prove by discussing those topics here, of all places? Maybe consider that the kids don't fully aware what was discussed this latest war, and I doubt that their parents would like it if their kids heard about it on a website full of self-absorbed teenagers. Some people have traditional families in which those topics aren't discussed so openly, and in families like this, those topics are explained by the parents to the children.

That aside (seeing as I wouldn't like to get off topic or start a whole other war entirely...), that's just one of those things that sets me off and makes me not want to come here. We don't need to discuss politics and religion or anything controversial here. It's stated very clearly in the rules. Certainly, I can't deny that I've talked about politics here in a very open mannerism but a year ago, but I couldn't help it. It's human nature. But sometimes it just can't be helped.

But still. The presence of my friends keeps me here. I would trade e-mails with them in a heartbeat, but I don't use e-mail that much, and I prefer instant messaging or a personal messenger like the one here. I will probably trade e-mails with them now, since I don't see contacting with them over IM. But anyhow, the only other thing that keeps me here is the Library. I love to post my writings here and share them with the people I know to get their personal opinion. But I've lost most of my reviewers. So now what do I have to keep me here?

Nothing. It's simply a distraction from school. Not to say that I'm leaving now. It's just that I probably won't frequent the place much, now that's been concluded. But I've dragged on for ages now to say something so simple. So again...I personally don't know.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

At the age of 20 there are a few things that keep me here.

1. The friends that I can discuss Bionicle with.

2. The forums.

3. The set reviews which are the best reviews ever. The video reviews are the best video reviews I've ever watched! :)

Farewell, Bionicle.com :biorules:

You will always be remembered.

• 2 weeks later...

Inertia, but the good kind. This was the first home base I ever had online, way back in January 2003... It's not my home base anymore by any stretch of the imagination (it's been replaced by a certain social networking site), but I owe it a lot.

I keep coming back every time go on a Bionicle binge. I'll go and re-read a bunch of the lore, read a bunch of fics and look at Mocs and art then forget about it for another month or so.
-Roki
Edited by Roki
sigflower4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Other forums' servers crashing too frequently :PIn reality, I keep getting very nostlagic for the community and the atmosphere of this forum-- after spending five and a half years here, it's certainly like a second home in some ways. In fact, I'm back yet again from one of my many long hiatuses and I have a feeling I'll be sticking around for a while ^_^In comparison to the other places I've spent my time in the meanwhile, the staff here are the best I've encountered; they're not dysfunctional and they keep the forum running smoothly and efficiently, stay on top of everything, and they're not hostile towards the members. Everyone gets along and is here to have fun, and I love spending my time here. Y'all are just wonderful! :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I personally don't know.

Over the years, I've found that this place has a very broad dark side, making it rather unappealing in most cases. This dark side spreads to the behavior of the members, the staff - anybody. It makes me less and less eager to come back. Look at the latest war. That's an example of something that would make me less eager to come.

This is a kids' site, people. What do you prove by discussing those topics here, of all places? Maybe consider that the kids don't fully aware what was discussed this latest war, and I doubt that their parents would like it if their kids heard about it on a website full of self-absorbed teenagers. Some people have traditional families in which those topics aren't discussed so openly, and in families like this, those topics are explained by the parents to the children.

That aside (seeing as I wouldn't like to get off topic or start a whole other war entirely...), that's just one of those things that sets me off and makes me not want to come here. We don't need to discuss politics and religion or anything controversial here. It's stated very clearly in the rules. Certainly, I can't deny that I've talked about politics here in a very open mannerism but a year ago, but I couldn't help it. It's human nature. But sometimes it just can't be helped.

But still. The presence of my friends keeps me here. I would trade e-mails with them in a heartbeat, but I don't use e-mail that much, and I prefer instant messaging or a personal messenger like the one here. I will probably trade e-mails with them now, since I don't see contacting with them over IM. But anyhow, the only other thing that keeps me here is the Library. I love to post my writings here and share them with the people I know to get their personal opinion. But I've lost most of my reviewers. So now what do I have to keep me here?

Nothing. It's simply a distraction from school. Not to say that I'm leaving now. It's just that I probably won't frequent the place much, now that's been concluded. But I've dragged on for ages now to say something so simple. So again...I personally don't know.

You call that a war? Thats cute.

Edited by Than the Moa

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I personally don't know.

You call that a war? Thats cute.

Please avoid being antagonistic, the last thing we need is people continuing to be divisive.

Yo.