• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

New Additions to the LEGO Movie Cast

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,144 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 07:56 AM

It seems that in addition to Batman and Morgan Freeman (who played Lucius Fox), Ra's al Ghul will be joining the party as well, as Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell, Nick Offerman, and Alison Brie are announced. Ferrell will be playing a character named "President Business" who is described as "a CEO who has a hard time balancing world domination and managing his own life". Neeson, unfortunately, is playing his henchman, which apparently is identified only as "Bad Cop". Offerman and Brie will be playing a pirate and "a member of Emmet's [the hero's] team with 'a powerful secret.'", respectively. However, with a voice cast that features the guy who played Qui Gon Jin and Ra's al Ghul, you can guess that LEGO is taking this rather seriously.View the full article

#2 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 10:21 AM

Wow. LEGO is certainly confident about this. I guess this speaks for a good story. :rolleyes:-Gata Posted Image
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#3 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,812 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 10:46 AM

I wonder if they could somehow get Christian Bale to be involved in this. That would be awesome, even though I know it would never happen. :PAnyway, with such a talented group of people providing their voices for this movie, it might really be a good film.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#4 Offline Devorath

Devorath
  • Members
  • Toa

• 182 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 02:02 PM

It's Batman themed, right?

DevBannerwithInterests.png

#5 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 02:55 PM

It's Batman themed, right?

I think Batman will be a character, but the story does not revolve around him as far as I know.-Gata Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#6 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,451 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 05:38 PM

The fact that Batman and Rha's al Ghul are main characters shows that LEGO has very little confidence in gaining success on their own. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

#7 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,732 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 06:44 PM

The fact that Batman and Rha's al Ghul are main characters shows that LEGO has very little confidence in gaining success on their own. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

Rha's al Ghul isn't a character. You seem to have misread the article. His actor from the Christopher Nolan trilogy, Liam Neeson, is playing a totally different character, Bad Cop. Batman and Superman are both characters, but we know of no other already-established characters in the cast.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Nov 14 2012 - 06:44 PM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#8 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939

• 1,451 posts

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 06:56 PM

Rha's al Ghul isn't a character. You seem to have misread the article. His actor from the Christopher Nolan trilogy, Liam Neeson, is playing a totally different character, Bad Cop. Batman and Superman are both characters, but we know of no other already-established characters in the cast.

Ohhhhhh. Interesting how Lego went the extra mile to get the actor from the films.I need to watch the Batman movies sometime.

#9 Offline Mr. Chicken

Mr. Chicken
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 359 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2012 - 06:57 PM

Alison Brie!...What... Liam Neeson's nice too... But Community is the best thing ever. Ever. :PP.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!!:tohu:

possible_logo_2.jpg

#10 Offline Toa of Nerds

Toa of Nerds
  • Members

• 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 09:20 AM

Alison Brie!...What... Liam Neeson's nice too... But Community is the best thing ever. Ever. :PP.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

This.My jaw dropped when I read that. Lego's really going for an A-list cast here. Hopefully that's a sign that the actors think the movie's good and that Lego is pouring a lot of resources into it.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Kicking the Bucket (archived)

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)
Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!
Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

Posted Image

#11 Offline Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 328 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 12:02 PM

Wait...what? Thay managed to get LIAM FREAKING NEESON, and they just have him playing second bananna to Will Ferrell, of all people? Not to say that it couldn't work, but I'm just not sure I like the sound of it."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

Edited by Hastur the Unspeakable, Nov 15 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Logo.jpg                                                                    There was a time when the world was plunging into darkness...a time of witchcraft and sorcery, when no-one stood against evil.

That time...is over.

#12 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 12:36 PM

What little interest I may have had in this product has decreased with the announcement that they're using the exact same villian archetype that almost every kids movie in the last few years has used. It appears the message Hollywood wants everyone's children to learn is that business is evil - a message that, considering what is funding this and nearly every other wide-release, non art-house movie in existence, is just plain hypocritical. Unless I am mistaken, and this movie is actually being funded by a non-profit that will be using the box-office money to build hospitals in Africa, or something.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~, Nov 15 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#13 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 12:56 PM

I wonder if they could somehow get Christian Bale to be involved in this.

That'd be amazing.

#14 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,007 posts

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:47 PM

Holy heck, talk about a star-studded cast. Freeman, Ferrell, Neeson and others who I've probably already forgotten. I'd go see this movie just for the actors alone.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#15 Offline SSF2Zelda

SSF2Zelda
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 8 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:48 PM

Oh man, how did I not know about this movie? Sounds like this is going to be great!I wonder who else they might be able to get on board?

#16 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 725 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 03:32 PM

Man, Liam Neeson is a decent actor, but the movies he stars in are usually bad. Star Wars, Narnia, Battleship, and now this.

Edited by Toa Zaz, Nov 15 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#17 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 04:00 PM

So you already wrote this off as a bad movie?With all these actors and actresses being named for this movie, I can't help but look forward to this movie.

jlovfkk.jpg

#18 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,974 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 04:38 PM

Will Ferrel? Yeah, this movie just got awesome.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/21/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#19 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,372 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 15 2012 - 05:28 PM

Man, Liam Neeson is a decent actor, but the movies he stars in are usually bad. Star Wars, Narnia, Battleship, and now this.

Batman Begins?

#20 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,728 posts

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 03:25 AM

And plot is only 68% of the show, folks. :)Anyway, this means nothing. Big names could be signing on because the story is good, or Lego could be trying to get big names to get people to go to an otherwise lackluster film.

#21 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,638 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 06:59 AM

What little interest I may have had in this product has decreased with the announcement that they're using the exact same villian archetype that almost every kids movie in the last few years has used. It appears the message Hollywood wants everyone's children to learn is that business is evil - a message that, considering what is funding this and nearly every other wide-release, non art-house movie in existence, is just plain hypocritical. Unless I am mistaken, and this movie is actually being funded by a non-profit that will be using the box-office money to build hospitals in Africa, or something.

Not all Hollywood kids movies follow that archetype, and a great deal of stories that come from places other than Hollywood (either foreign films or even just plain literature) do. Business tycoons make good villains because by virtue of their leadership role they have the requisite power and resources to be a real threat; they could easily be considered the modern-day equivalent to the evil king or queen. It occasionally shows up in works with a blatantly anti-business message, but it also exists in works that, far from trying to portray all business as evil, simply are trying to cast their villain as a force to be reckoned with.Besides, from the sound of it, this villain will be more of an anti-villain, considering what it says about struggling to maintain his own personal life. Ironically, Will Ferrell's role seems to be somewhat of a role-reversal of his role in the movie Elf.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#22 Offline LewaLew

LewaLew
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,372 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 16 2012 - 01:51 PM

And plot is only 68% of the show, folks. :)Anyway, this means nothing. Big names could be signing on because the story is good, or Lego could be trying to get big names to get people to go to an otherwise lackluster film.

Except that these folks are big time, and they have to approve of a part before they accept. These folks apparently like the script enough to have their names associated with it, so it does indicate something to be hopeful for if you believe folks like Neeson and Freeman have good taste as far as films go.Particularly since Neeson is only playing the antagonist's sidekick.

#23 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,043 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 02:36 PM

The question is this: are they in because LEGO is willing to give them enough money, or do they think the movie will be legit and as such want to sign on?LEGO is taking it seriously, but with the little we know about it, we shouldn't jump to conclusions either way. Let's get more information before making predictions on the movie's quality.

hatpile_banner.jpg

#24 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 285 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 01:18 AM

These famous voice actors are going to voice in the Lego Batman movie? That's awesome!
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#25 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,638 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 07:40 AM

These famous voice actors are going to voice in the Lego Batman movie? That's awesome!

No, they're going to voice in the theatrical Lego movie (which will have Batman in at least some scenes). The Lego Batman movie is a different thing which will consist largely of the cutscenes from the videogame Lego Batman 2 strung together.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#26 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,030 posts

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 11:47 AM

I can't wait for this movie. It sounds like its going to be big, and hopefully very good. 

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users