Set Review: 9470 Shelob Attacks

9470_Shelob_Attacks_Review_teaser.jpgToday we take a look at another Lord of the Rings set - <a href="http://amzn.to/SMgkPm" target="offsite">9470 Shelob Attacks</a>. I picked it up a while ago but have finally gotten to sharing my thoughts on it with you all. So should you dare let this giant spider into your home, or is she better off squished on the sidewalk? Read on to find out!View the full article

Definately an interesting set. It always suprises me how many different designs lego can make for spiders. And this one makes a really good halloween decoration.The minifigs are decent as well. But I'm not a fan of the lord of the rings, Though I may just have to watch the movies.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

My brother got this set quite a while ago. I think it's hilarious that Shelob's web string has a hook at the end. She's a tow spider!

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Good review. I think this is quite possible the best giant LEGO spider model I've ever seen in any theme. It's got a nice, solid, streamlined design, a web-spinning function, and all sorts of excellent spidery details. Certainly better than either version of Aragog from the LEGO Harry Potter theme.

I don't remember Gollum being launched by a catapult in the third LotR movie, so I'm curious as to why one is in this set. I guess it's to give this set another function.But anyway, this set still looks really cool. Especially the spider! Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't remember Gollum being launched by a catapult in the third LotR movie, so I'm curious as to why one is in this set. I guess it's to give this set another function.But anyway, this set still looks really cool. Especially the spider! Thanks for the review!
No, but is I recall he leaped from some rocky outcropping or something like that, so this is probably supposed to take the place of that.

If I might nitpick: spiders, unlike insects, do not have a head/thorax/abdomen anatomy, but simply a cephalothorax/abdomen. Enough zoological quibbles, though. It was a good review, although it seemed to miss some of the jokes that reviews have historically been filled with.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison