• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Set Review: 9470 Shelob Attacks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,144 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 06:23 PM

Posted ImageToday we take a look at another Lord of the Rings set - <a href="http://amzn.to/SMgkPm" target="offsite">9470 Shelob Attacks</a>. I picked it up a while ago but have finally gotten to sharing my thoughts on it with you all. So should you dare let this giant spider into your home, or is she better off squished on the sidewalk? Read on to find out!View the full article

#2 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 582 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 07:01 PM

Definately an interesting set. It always suprises me how many different designs lego can make for spiders. And this one makes a really good halloween decoration.The minifigs are decent as well. But I'm not a fan of the lord of the rings, Though I may just have to watch the movies.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

#3 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 07:58 PM

My brother got this set quite a while ago. I think it's hilarious that Shelob's web string has a hook at the end. She's a tow spider!

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#4 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 08:22 PM

A decently-priced Lego set? Heresy!Plus, that crab thing is awesome. :3

#5 Offline Hakann-The Bully

Hakann-The Bully
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 436 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 03:03 AM

Nice review, I'll might even consider buying it now XDD (Oh, and I like how they give you 3 "One Rings" :D)

Posted Image
Stalwart Defender now, took me long enough XD

#6 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,418 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 05:07 AM

Great review, Andrew! Looks like a pretty fun set, and your pictures really captured it! (Although they could could be lightened up a bit, but I'm not really one to speak about photo quality. :P )Thanks for the review!:music:

b-bolin-02.jpg

#7 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,737 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 07:35 AM

Good review. I think this is quite possible the best giant LEGO spider model I've ever seen in any theme. It's got a nice, solid, streamlined design, a web-spinning function, and all sorts of excellent spidery details. Certainly better than either version of Aragog from the LEGO Harry Potter theme.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#8 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 10:45 AM

I have this set, and I love it. With THREE One Rings I can rule the world!Ahem. I absolutely agree with the design of the mouth, that red isn't very good. It's a kinda poor mouth design. Thoguh, it's a great set.Thanks for the review anyways!

skyrim_banner.jpg

#9 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,816 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 10:52 AM

I don't remember Gollum being launched by a catapult in the third LotR movie, so I'm curious as to why one is in this set. I guess it's to give this set another function.But anyway, this set still looks really cool. Especially the spider! Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#10 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,037 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 12:25 PM

I don't remember Gollum being launched by a catapult in the third LotR movie, so I'm curious as to why one is in this set. I guess it's to give this set another function.But anyway, this set still looks really cool. Especially the spider! Thanks for the review!

No, but is I recall he leaped from some rocky outcropping or something like that, so this is probably supposed to take the place of that.

#11 Offline Booker DeWitt

Booker DeWitt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 5,508 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 12:30 PM

Really love this set, one of the best sets of the line, as well as being great value for money. Three key characters - bonus points for Gollum - and Shelob has an excellent design. Top banana.- Tilius

stendan.jpg

#12 Online Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,188 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 01:38 PM

If I might nitpick: spiders, unlike insects, do not have a head/thorax/abdomen anatomy, but simply a cephalothorax/abdomen. Enough zoological quibbles, though. It was a good review, although it seemed to miss some of the jokes that reviews have historically been filled with.

New short story:

DESCENDANT, starring Kraata-Kal

Older stories:

AN EVEN EXCHANGE, starring the Makuta of Stelt

THE END OF THE BROTHERHOOD, starring Tobduk and Makuta Chirox

#13 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,228 posts
  •