• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Rahkshi Re-invented

Rahkshi MOC Revamp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 13-February 09
  • 696 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 09:10 PM

This is one of the MOC's I made towards the end of my summer break. I wanted to build a Rahkshi MOC but since I didn't have any heads in colors other than brown, and because I thought the Ultimate Dume mask vaguely resembled a Rahkshi head, I got around to building this.Aaaaand here it is, people!!Since the image seems broken, why not try the link?http://flic.kr/p/dfAcKkAnd here is a link to my photostream:http://www.flickr.co...rz_photostream/I hope this works!Alrighty then! I might post the other stuff on the stream as well, so be sure to check out these forums more often. :tohu:

#2 Offline Kimiko Kusanagi

Kimiko Kusanagi
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,813 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 09:27 PM

Very interesting! I love the body shaping and the spine. The head looks cool (nice idea with the mask), but I feel like the limbs could use some work.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#3 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 30-December 09
  • 1,367 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 09:29 PM

It looks like a very violent MOC, alright. It does look like the standard Rahkshi. Like Chro said, nice with the mask. He's also right about the upper limbs, they're a little skinny.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#4 Offline Shadow FF

Shadow FF
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 08-November 11
  • 1,957 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2012 - 09:48 PM

Awesome job on the use of the mask and I like how it's still poseable. The spines also look really nice and my only complaint is that the arms look a bit too thin but other than that, great job on such a fearsome looking MOC!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Just call me FF or Veigar no matter my current username.

"I wish... you taken my hand... and no one ever found that 

teapot in the first place..."

~ Jay, Ninjago

#5 Offline Thunder on the Mountain

Thunder on the Mountain
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 08-August 07
  • 358 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 11:22 AM

Vorahk on steroids? Seems pretty cool to me. Spikes and head were re-done in a really cool looking manner, and you chose good pieces for a pumped-up staff. I have some issue with the random skinniness in his arms and torso, but I guess that's basically what the original was too so I can't really call it a con. :P Solid job.And that mech on your photostream looks real darn cool. Jusayin.

Posted Image

#6 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,299 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 12:37 PM

The torso is definitely the best part of the MOC. I love what you did with the spines and the head. However, the arms need quite a bit of work. They are terribly out of place on such a bulky body. The legs are a bit better, if not slightly messy. The pelvis is ingenious, but it’s skeletal and full of holes.

Edited by Dralcax, Nov 18 2012 - 12:37 PM.

aouROFb.png

#7 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 31-October 12
  • 1,091 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 08:42 PM

I dig it. With a bit of polishing, it could be the Lego Rahkshi Titan that there never was!

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#8 Offline -Jaller-

-Jaller-
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-August 12
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2012 - 11:58 PM

That is so awesome!Edit: Please see the BBC Guidelines about generic posts.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-, Nov 20 2012 - 12:26 AM.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna:  :matatu:  :mahiki:  :rau:  :komau:  :ruru: 

#9 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 09-January 11
  • 868 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 21 2012 - 12:24 PM

While I typically don't do this, I felt my review of your creation would best be suited with a graphic review. The edited image can be found here.One thing I left out of the image is the color-scheme. While you seem to adhere to a black color-scheme, there are odd spots of silver and dark grey throughout. I would improve the creation greatly if the colors were more uniform.

#10 Offline Bathing Ape

Bathing Ape
  • Members
  • Toa

• 05-May 12
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2012 - 03:24 AM

While the look is most certainly more threatening, I don't like how low the shoulders are, and how they are thin.I think it would better with digitigrade feet.It is a huge improvement, and I'd like to see a V2.

p0SH7qj.png

#11 Offline darkslizer

darkslizer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 02-June 12
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2012 - 11:40 AM

Quite impressive. I like the face, especially the use of Dume's Mask.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply.                Create.                  Consume.

#12 Offline Touko Fukawa

Touko Fukawa
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 16-October 07
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2012 - 08:16 AM

[color=#800080;]I love the creative use of Dume's mask, as well as the spine, and the trans-lime really brings out the colour scheme.[/color]

[color=#800080;]However, the arms need work, and the way the legs are attached looks slightly awkward.[/color]

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat  (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

#13 Offline Toa Solon

Toa Solon
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 28-June 08
  • 724 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 04:25 PM

Pretty beefed up Rahkshi! The upper torso/head area looks awesome! The lower torso/thigh area though I feel is open and lacking a bit, but overall pretty cool!

Credit to Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the "Pride of Curses" banner, specifically Expired! and Credit to Populus for the Avatar.

#14 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 15-October 12
  • 1,134 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 05:14 PM

Interesting and violent, i like it.

#15 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Sushi Boy

• 04-September 06
  • 12,166 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 04:58 PM

Pretty beefed up Rahkshi! The upper torso/head area looks awesome! The lower torso/thigh area though I feel is open and lacking a bit, but overall pretty cool!

Oh no, you revived it. :( Revival in BBC is 20 days; be sure to check the date of the last post before posting.

Posted Image

sunlolirain_zpsfrxqrbjy.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users