Timeline: return Metru Nui-Mata Nui/Matoro's death-Destiny War

How long after the return of the Matoran to Metru Nui did Mata Nui and Matoro die (temporarily and permanently, respectively)? Then, how much longer after that did the Destiny War start, and how long did the war last?Oops, typo in the title: I mean for that part to say 'return to Metru Nui'.

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

*consults BS01*BS01 is not clear on this.For Metru Nui's return --> to Matoro's death, the best approximation I can give you is about a month to 3 months. The time from Toa Mata's arrival to Matoro's death is 6 months. I suspect the events on Mata Nui would have taken a longer time (island under siege and all that) so I lean towards a shorter time...2 months. For Matoro's death --> to Destiny War. Depends on how you define when the Destiny War started. I place it when the Order decided to reveal themselves, so 1-3 months again. It could be argued that it began immediately after Matoro's death, however...the Toa Nuva fighting with the Makuta, Order prisoners going to get Miserix, etc. If you mean the story Destiny War, go for 3 months as a good approxiamation. The story and BS01 aren't as clear as I would like.

Wait, only six months? I was under the impression 2001-2003 was close to a year, with three months for the Matoran to build vessels to return to Metru Nui, during which the Turaga revealed what they knew (04-05), and then Turaga Dume told the Nuva Mata Nui was dying within days of them arriving. Then 06-07 was a couple weeks at most, maybe a month or two, then another several days/weeks in Karda Nui before Makuta took over. I believe, at least, the last 2008 comic mentioned it being about a full year between the Toa Mata's arrival in their canisters to when they awakened Mata Nui's body.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I believe Takatu is correct. I recall it being stated numerous times that the 2001-03 story took a little over a year, and by the time Matoro died, a few more months had passed. Remember, the Matoran still had to prepare to leave the island of Mata Nui, while the Turaga told stories of Metru Nui. And then they actually had to carry everything through the tunnels and then sail to Metru Nui. Then they began to rebuild the city, and the estimate of around 1-3 months is about right, so we can safely say that it took a lot more than 6 months.As for the Destiny War thing, I'd say that fisher64 was right on that. 3 months seems accurate enough.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Actually, around the time the Inika were going down the Cord into Mahri Nui was a year since the Mata arrived, says the BIONICLE Timeline poster from Lego.
Then BS01 is off, then, because this puts the Mata's arrival at a year and a half ago, and this puts Mahri Nui at one year ago, indicating the time differential to be six months.

Actually, around the time the Inika were going down the Cord into Mahri Nui was a year since the Mata arrived, says the BIONICLE Timeline poster from Lego.
Then BS01 is off, then, because this puts the Mata's arrival at a year and a half ago, and this puts Mahri Nui at one year ago, indicating the time differential to be six months.
To put it exactly as the poster says, one year from when Takua activated the canisters to come to Mata Nui, the Inika ventured down the Cord.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

To put it exactly as the poster says, one year from when Takua activated the canisters to come to Mata Nui, the Inika ventured down the Cord.
I don't think it took six months for the canisters to travel to Mata Nui after they were activated...

Someone said that in another topic. So how long did the Mahri Nui arc take? And how far into it did the OoMN recover and use the Staff of Artakha?

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Mahri Nui arc at least a week, at most two weeks. Remember it took only two books(Legends 7 and 8) for the story. Legends 6 was simultaneous with Legends 5. I believe he best approximation is one year of Mata Nuju, including boats. In Bionicle World it is mentioned it took one month from the return to Metru Nui to the end of the Voya Nui story. It also says the Visorak and Makuta takeover was 1001 years before the return, and the island of Mata Nui was alone for 1000 years, so the whole Mata Nui adventure took 1 year whereabouts, if the Visorak thing took less than one month. Remember it was a lot of adventures but each was barely a couple of days. This allows for a few days of travel... ugh!How about this? Metru Nui took one month(Altogether). All the Mata Nui stuff in say 1000 years and 10months. The Voya Nui and Mahri Nui adventure in 1 month, with Mahri Nui at most two weeks. The Karda Nui stuff in a week and a half(the defense of the Av-Village was a week long, I think thinks.), thus leaving a couple of days for the events in Legends 11. So let's say the resistance started at the end, the whole war between Teridax and the Mata Nui sided guys in his body went about two months, enough time to complete the Mega-Village and all of Mata Nui's adventures. Phew.......

Edited by Norik Astartes

Actually, I believe City of the Lost took place after Inferno, it was supposed to be happening at the same time as the cancelled book Invasion, which is about the Inika's trip down the stone cord from Voya Nui. That's why the Mask of Life was down there already pretty early into City of the Lost, as it disappeared into the sea at the end of Inferno.That being said, I thought the Mahri Nui arc was barely more than a day or so. The story got super fast-paced there, then slowed down a tad in 2008, or at least that was what I gathered. Also, I think 04-05 was a couple months, I know the Toa Metru were Toa for an unusually short amount of time compared to most, but it was still a few months. Unless you're referring to the time it took the Turaga to talk about all that, in which case yeah, it was only one to three months, sorry if I misunderstood. :PEDIT: Also, I heard somewhere that 2009 time was actually real time with ours, so it was about another year between Makuta's takeover and his fight with Mata Nui. He apparently took his time to make sure he got used to the body and quelled as much resistance as possible.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

Mahri Nui did seem pretty fast, but the Toa Nuva were traveling all around during that time, and that must have taken more than a couple days. And I know Teridax spent a while consolidating control of his new body, but I think if a year passed it would have been described as a year instead of several months.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

That was actually one of my complaints with that year, seemed like they wanted the main story to take place in a very short amount of time for the sake of tensity and drama, which is fine, but then the web serials that were supposed to be happening at the same time had people traveling from one end of the universe to the other a few times. I dunno if that just wasn't thought through enough or what, but always thought it was weird that Tahu and Kopaka were stopping volcanoes way down south one minute then up using the Staff of Artakha the next while three battles happened in Mahri Nui. Same thing with the Mahri swimming from Metru Nui to Artidax and back within the 2008 story, which certainly was longer than the previous year, still didn't seem like enough time for that to happen.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Well, the Nuva could have been sped along by the OoMN, using fast vehicles, teleportation, etc, while it might have normally taken weeks or months to do all that traveling. And on the flip side in Mahri Nui, it probably took a little while to get the Mahri Nui Matoran safely in the caves under Voya Nui. Think about four or five days might fit both those?

As for the trip back from Artidax, the Toa Mahri probably only had to swim to the next place they could get a boat. The battle of Metru Nui was in progress when they arrived. Maybe it lasted a few days, and/or didn't start for a few days after they were sent to Artidax. The serials don't make the Destiny War seem months long, but if you consider the travel time that does make more sense.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery