Galaxy Squad

CyclonatorZ

I was thinking grey and black, but I realized they might be too bland. Perhaps if there was a stealth-oriented squad...?Which reminds me, their icons seem to say something about them. For example, the blue squad has a crosshairs icon and the minifig has a targeting device over his eye (similarly to his corresponding robot). Red has a wing, orange has a lightning bolt, and green has a chevron.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Just watched some video reviews of these sets, i cant describe how awesome they look. I've always been attached to the space theme (except Star Wars or Alien Conquest) and LEGO really has done well. My only prob is that they aren't using the armor from Galaxy Patrol Minifigure. I reeeeeally thought they would :(But I must say, the green tank with mech is top on my list. It can go together and there is a little buggy that can come out too!!! The purple pod can be analysed in it too! The robot idea is cool too, the blue one looks really roboty but the green one looks really awesome. Too hard to choose which one to get when they come out!

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

Speaking of awesome colors and robots, I wonder if (as I said earlier) there'll be new squads in the second wave (assuming it happens, and I hope so). Purple, maybe azure? I'd suggest a yellow squad but that'd look a bit strange.
I really hope so too.I want pink,purple, keetorange and teal

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Pink is unlikely, considering the target demographic, but it'd be interesting. Same with keetorange, actually- they've only made one minifig in that color to my knowledge, and they've already got an orange squad. There won't be teal since it's dead, but there could very well be azure (which is probably what you meant, anyway). The only thing against that is that we've already got azure in a recent space theme with the ADU.

but their spirits

Pink is unlikely, considering the target demographic, but it'd be interesting. Same with keetorange, actually- they've only made one minifig in that color to my knowledge, and they've already got an orange squad. There won't be teal since it's dead, but there could very well be azure (which is probably what you meant, anyway). The only thing against that is that we've already got azure in a recent space theme with the ADU.
There have been multiple minifigures that use Keetorange (examples include the Collectible Minifigures Hazmat Suit Guy and Fisherman, or the recent City Forest Firefighters), and it does a good job of passing for yellow without causing confusion due to the minifigures' yellow skintone. As for azure, that's already used for the blue squad. Pink is indeed unlikely due to the reason you mentioned, but I fully expect to see MOCists and customizers creating pink squad members using parts from the Collectible Minifigures Galaxy Girl. The same goes for Black, using the Space Villain's parts.Personally, however, I feel that five squads is plenty, especially if the squads have diverse specialties as hinted by their emblems.On another note, has anyone seen the awesome guns used by some of the aliens which use scorpions for the handles? Talk about NPU; they make for wonderfully creepy weapons.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There have been multiple minifigures that use Keetorange (examples include the Collectible Minifigures Hazmat Suit Guy and Fisherman, or the recent City Forest Firefighters), and it does a good job of passing for yellow without causing confusion due to the minifigures' yellow skintone. As for azure, that's already used for the blue squad. Pink is indeed unlikely due to the reason you mentioned, but I fully expect to see MOCists and customizers creating pink squad members using parts from the Collectible Minifigures Galaxy Girl. The same goes for Black, using the Space Villain's parts.Personally, however, I feel that five squads is plenty, especially if the squads have diverse specialties as hinted by their emblems.On another note, has anyone seen the awesome guns used by some of the aliens which use scorpions for the handles? Talk about NPU; they make for wonderfully creepy weapons.
Wait. I only saw four squads. Which on is the fifth? Anyway, if ti goes on for more than one wave, I think they should do 4 more colors for the next wave.What do you think?
Just watched some video reviews of these sets, i cant describe how awesome they look. I've always been attached to the space theme (except Star Wars or Alien Conquest) and LEGO really has done well. My only prob is that they aren't using the armor from Galaxy Patrol Minifigure. I reeeeeally thought they would :(But I must say, the green tank with mech is top on my list. It can go together and there is a little buggy that can come out too!!! The purple pod can be analysed in it too! The robot idea is cool too, the blue one looks really roboty but the green one looks really awesome. Too hard to choose which one to get when they come out!
I personally wont be using them as robots and more as elite soldiers Edited by III IV VII

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yeah, Lyi, there are only four this wave. :lol:The blue squad doesn't use azure, either- that's definitely the normal blue. And yes, I agree that we'll certainly see a vast range of colors in Galaxy Squad MOCs- black, white, grey, pink, azure...

but their spirits

Yeah, Lyi, there are only four this wave. :lol:The blue squad doesn't use azure, either- that's definitely the normal blue. And yes, I agree that we'll certainly see a vast range of colors in Galaxy Squad MOCs- black, white, grey, pink, azure...
I can pretty much guarantee you that the blue squad's parts are Dark Azur. Which yes, IS darker than the Medium Azur used in Thornraxx and throughout the Friends theme... it's the same color as the Alien Conquest uniforms. Granted, I won't be heartbroken if I'm proven wrong, but many of the parts used for the blue squad's vehicles are parts that already exist in Dark Azure as far as I can tell, and not ones that already exist in Bright Blue. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Hmm. Looking at some more pictures that I hadn't seen previously, you may be right. Dang it, and here I was getting excited for blue Space Police commando helmets.Well, another thing, then- are the green squad figs regular medium green or bright green?

but their spirits

I've really only been buying Collectible Minifigures and Hero Factory lately, but I'm just gonna have to get some of these. I love the insect like vehicles (and minifigures) and also the new head molds on those robots. The blue one would probably be my favorite.Also, that green squad vehicle looks awesome.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Hmm. Looking at some more pictures that I hadn't seen previously, you may be right. Dang it, and here I was getting excited for blue Space Police commando helmets.Well, another thing, then- are the green squad figs regular medium green or bright green?
They're definitely not Medium Green, which is an obscure color that hasn't been used in years (having been used primarily in Belville and Duplo). They seem to be Bright Green, which is not to be confused with the standard green color (referred to as simply Green by Bricklink or Dark Green by Lego).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So if you guys go check out the Lego Shop right now, (and I mean NOW. Do it. I'll wait.) you'll see that the Galaxy Squad sets are now available for purchase.

I already bought all six 'cause I was so stoked for this line. Basically a collaboration of many things I love. Mainly insectoids.

But anyways, go buy 'em! Now!

They're definitely not Medium Green, which is an obscure color that hasn't been used in years (having been used primarily in Belville and Duplo). They seem to be Bright Green, which is not to be confused with the standard green color (referred to as simply Green by Bricklink or Dark Green by Lego).

Ah, okay. Sorry, I can't keep up with all the actual color names as well as you guys. :lol:

But yeah, thanks for clearing that up, that was what I meant.

but their spirits

I saw that one site had images of 3 Galaxy Squad impulse sets. Just a head up for you guys, so you can look out for them in the checkout aisle. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think i'm gonna like Galaxy Squad.

But I hope they will also put the Orange robot in cheaper sets because the set it is in seems to be expensive.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

• 2 weeks later...

Aha. Well, now I know where the LCM Battle Mech got its' color scheme.

I've aways loved space themes, and it looks like we have ourselves another cool one right here. It is rather reminiscent of Insectoids.

I hope this will be another of those themes with individual character names and bios, and lots of story material. (like they did with Pharaoh's Quest, one of my all-time favorites, and Atlantis, another one I liked a lot) So let's see, we have four squads of heroes up against an army of bug people. I like the mosquto people. XD What are the others, though? Cockroaches? Actually, they kinda look like Centipedes. (wow, so to whom else does THAT name ring a bell? lol) Too bad the squads use basic colors, instead of dark red and green, and navy blue. I LOVE those colors. Is there such a thing as dark orange, though? I love the robots, too. (although the blue one does look somewhat monkey-like, lol)

Oh, and it's also disappointing that the "squaddies" don't have armor like the Space Marine had. The green and orange 'bots do, though. Too bad they only come in the most expensive sets. lol

At the risk of getting ramblesome, here's a little review of the individual sets:

Space Swarmer: Nice cannon on the robot, and you get one of the Centipoids. Nice little ship, too. Just imagine a swarm of those flying down and starting to walk around. Eww... Funny how it even has a "mouth". I can see an engine in the back, but I wonder what purpose the wings serve?

Swarm Interceptor: Oh, wow that's a beautiful little ship. And you get a Mosquitoid with buggy bike, too. Nice wing piece on the Mosquitoid. The "squaddie" has nice armor decals, and I like the targeting computer over his eye. Even makes him look a little "piratey". lol Still wish he had navy blue instead of regular blue, though. You know, the "Galaxy Squad" symbol kind of resembles the S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol. It's like S.H.I.E.L.D. in space! lol The Centipoids even look a bit like Chitauri.

Warp Stinger: Ooh, giant mosquitos are attacking! Not sure how this one gets through space, though, I don't see an engine. I like the bike, too. The robot looks kinda like a Calamari. (like Admiral Ackbar) Interesting boomerang-looking things on the robot. I think the mosquitoid is holding a scorpion with a frying-pan attached to it as a blaster. Kind of funny-looking, but amusing.

Star Slicer: Ooh, looks like a giant praying mantis! One of my favorite insects. Nice that they chose it as the only full-size secondary to the mosquito-ship. Again, though, not sure how this thing flies through space. And I also like the Shooter- excuse me, car. Or I guess I should say moon buggy. ... Ha, I made a pun. Or you could call it a "rover". ... What, no pun there? ... Okay... Ooh, I love the red Centipoid! Again, I love those darker colors.

Vermin Vaporizer: Oh, my, goodness, is that a hand-held force-field generator? Total... Nerd-out... Is... IMMINENT!!! Nice weapon, too, and head, and armor... That robot is awesome. The big mech is really cool, too. I love the truck, too. Nice for ramming things. (nice detail, too, notice the blaster marks, and especially the squished bugs on the windshield, lol) On a side note, I like this squaddies face, too. And there's a nice little "scorpion-mobile", too.

Bug Obliterator: I see where the name comes from. That's a lot of blasters. This ship kind of reminds me of the MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft from Mars Mission. That's pretty cool that it can seperate from the little Shooter- ah, war rover, too. Speaking of which, that war rover has a great look about it, and how cool is that that the magazine of missiles can be raised or lowered and hidden? Awesome. So again, is there such a thing as dark orange? ... Anyway, nice dragonfly ship, too. I think those "leg" pieces are new.

As a final note, there is, as usual, some nice box art, too. Nice lunar surfaces with spacey backgrounds, and I like the picture they all have of the Earth being invaded by the Swarm, who have apparently already conquered the moon. I like the off-to-the-side buildings, too.

Yeah, this is a cool theme. Nice pieces, figures, and vehicles. (and box art) Hopefully there'll be a good backstory to go along with it. I love backstories. And those robots are just awesome. (none quite as cool as the Battle Mech in my opinion, but the green 'bot comes pretty close)

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping to get the Bug Obliterator set but when will galaxy squad come out in the UK?

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

• 2 weeks later...

Buddyroids in LEGO??? Next thing you know, there'll be an entire sentai team w/ a giant robo......oh wait......

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but this theme seems incredibly violent. There are tons of guns on all of the vehicles. Just take the big orange set. There are SIXTEEN guns and six missiles.

I cant make out if you saying this is a good or bad thing.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but this theme seems incredibly violent. There are tons of guns on all of the vehicles. Just take the big orange set. There are SIXTEEN guns and six missiles.

Bad. DIdn't LEGO used to have a policy saying no violence in sets?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Fantasy violence has always been acceptable in LEGO sets. The only type of violence LEGO really avoids putting in sets is modern military combat, like snipers, assault rifles, military tanks, etc.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Fantasy violence has always been acceptable in LEGO sets. The only type of violence LEGO really avoids putting in sets is modern military combat, like snipers, assault rifles, military tanks, etc.

Well, I wouldn't say it's "always been acceptable"... there used to be very, very strict guidelines several decades ago, and designers had to tread carefully. For instance, it was years before large quantities of basic bricks were released in green and gray because TLG was worried kids would build military vehicles if they were given the parts to do so. Of course, even back then designers "cheated" slightly, including formidable-looking "sensor arrays" in Space sets with full knowledge that kids would be using them as ray guns and blasters. More recently BIONICLE and Knights' Kingdom had lots of swords and weapons, but generally in promotional media characters were only allowed to use these weapons for unleashing energy or element blasts. For a long time TLG's violence and weapons policy was a de facto rule, not written down in any strict sort of guidelines. However, in 2010, TLG put it into writing. According to the progress report from that year, "The basic aim is to avoid realistic weapons and military equipment that children may recognize from hot spots around the world and to refrain from showing violent or frightening situations when communicating about LEGO products. At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior."This policy was expanded in 2011. According to the 2011 Progress Report, "Boys’ interest in weapons between the ages of four and nine is considered by academics to be a phase in their development. Learning about how to handle conflicts, aggression and weapons is often part of a LEGO play experience, but only as a means to achieve the goal, whether it is rescuing citizens, finding treasure or saving the universe.""We have strict rules for the use of weapons and violence in our products. The LEGO play experience must never be related to real world modern warfare, killing, torture or cruelty to animals. In 2011 we expanded the LEGO brand guidelines with regard to use, expression and form of violence and weapons. The standard consists of guidelines already known to our employees, but now these guidelines serve as an explicit basis for product development and communication."So obviously, today, the violence policy has come a long way. We have large quantities of gray and green bricks, including the relatively new color Olive Green which is being used prominently in Legends of Chima. We have swords in Castle themes, laser guns in Space themes, and SWAT-style uniforms in the City theme (though through thick and thin, LEGO City has consistently remained gun-free). Many of these things would have been unheard-of in LEGO sets of the 70s. However, at the same time, TLG's policies regarding violence are evolving, not eroding. Part of the reason TLG has made so many changes over the years is an improving understanding of how children play and how the company can foster that play without infringing on their brand values. If kids prefer laser guns on their spaceships, then it's not TLG's place to say that's wrong.