Mata Head Magnets?

Click

So, this is just an odd idea I had while looking at the old Mata head design. Down on the lower cheek area (just under the long mouth ridge), there's these two little hemispherical indents as you can see here:32553.jpgSo, BS01 says that

Kanohi are magnetically attached to their wearers
Which I've usually seen and assumed to attach on their cheeks, so I was wondering, would anyone have liked it if, instead of the weak, annoying Mata socket on the masks, there were magnets inside those cheek areas, holding the mask on? It probably would have the same effect as the Mata socket when playing that little "Knock their masks off" game from '01-'03, but might have been a bit more expensive, and maybe had more legal warnings and such.So, is this a feasable, or safe, idea? Do you think Lego ever thought about it? Would it have continued on in later years, or just evolved a new way to do it?

Extremely strong magnets may wipe hard drives. Weaker magnets generally won't do anything, and no type of magnet will wipe a CD (or similar). They don't work in the same way, so there's no danger of that.I think that idea would have been awesome. But then, I think magnets are pretty neat and would like to see more of them in general. :P

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I think that the cost would actually have been to great for lego, in the condition they were when they first began Bioncle. However, it would be pretty awesome for them to do that, it would help connect differant designs of masks to fit on a head, and increase the chance of a krana actually sticking to a targets' face

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

You think it would have been weaker? The earlier versions of masks (like the picture above) fell off really easily. It would have been stronger if a magnet had been attached to it. But, of course, there would have had to be other fastenings. Maybe instead of using the cross-hole as they used in the future, they could have kept the old mata-nui version for the rest of bionicle reinforced with a magnet.

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

You think it would have been weaker? The earlier versions of masks (like the picture above) fell off really easily. It would have been stronger if a magnet had been attached to it. But, of course, there would have had to be other fastenings. Maybe instead of using the cross-hole as they used in the future, they could have kept the old mata-nui version for the rest of bionicle reinforced with a magnet.
Yeah, I was meaning if it was only the magnets. If it had the other attachment as well, it would probably be stronger.
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the magnets Lego uses? Maybe if they had extra-strong magnets, it would work, but with only two contact points, and nothing to stop the mask from rotating along that axis, it's not practical. Also, the 2001/2003 masks fell off when you hit them, but that was a key point in the storyline. The toa had their masks get knocked off more than once, and the action features of nearly all the rahi were meant to hit a toa's head and dislodge their mask, or in the case of muaka and kane-ra, dislodge the entire head