Bionicle Voices

CeeCee

What voices did you imagine different Bionicle character to have. For me:Pohatu was RussianOnua had a deep English accent (Like Jorges off Halo:Reach)Lessovikk had a deep Irish accentA lot of others I imagine to just to talk like they did off the movies but then again, their are a fair few characters that weren't even in the movies.So am I alone here? What voices or accents did you imagine different characters to have?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I mainly go by the movies, although some voices in my head have changed. Matau for instance I can't imagine sounding like he does as a Turaga. Voices from the movies I think work particularly well are Takua, Berix, Teridax and Lewa (controversial maybe?).And in my head, Kiina never says "Woo-hoo!". Ever.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I mainly go by the movies, although some voices in my head have changed. Matau for instance I can't imagine sounding like he does as a Turaga.Voices from the movies I think work particularly well are Takua, Berix, Teridax and Lewa (controversial maybe?).And in my head, Kiina never says "Woo-hoo!". Ever.
Lewa always spoke in a sort of rookie american war film type of voice, if you know what I mean

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Lewa always spoke in a sort of rookie american war film type of voice, if you know what I mean
I never saw Lewa like that, maybe some other Matoran or young Toa, such as one of the Voya Nui Resistance, perhaps. Like, Dalu has the 1920s American "bomber girl" voice.
To me, Vezon sounds like Joker.
I agree, in terms of irrationality, and how he'll sort of... well, I can't actually explain that very well, it pertains to speech pattern. But in my head Vezon just has a generic scratchy voice. XD
Lessovikk had a deep Irish accent
Ahaha, never thought of that, but I like this one!I initially pictured all the original Mata Nui characters except for the Turaga as having American accents, just because I was too little when I read the books to actually expand my frame of reference. I later thought of Vortixx as having a slight Asian accent (Xia is industrial and tech-inclined, like China or Japan, respectively). In my head Axonn and Brutaka always had deep voices; Botar's was deep almost to the point of unheard, but echoing, sort of (if that makes any sense).The Piraka were different- Reidak was something Eastern European, Zaktan and Thok were vaguely British, Hakann had no discernible accent because he was always angry-sounding, Vezok was either German or Australian (I don't remember how I thought of him speaking), and Avak had an American accent but had a similar speech pattern to the Engineer from TF2 (just because he built stuff, probably...?).And then there's the Barraki. Most of them were British to me. For some reason, Carapar was the odd one out with a random henchman-esque speech impediment ("Yeh, an' I'm Carapah. Yah bettah wotch out, awright."). As for the rest, Kalmah had a quiet yet theatrical sort of voice, while Ehlek was more cockney (fits well with electric characters, I guess). Pridak wasn't regal or rational-sounding like most Bionicle leader characters, he was just brutally sharp. I saw Mantax as having a low voice, though he didn't speak much, so that is all I remember. Takadox always seemed cold and calculating, and since I was in third grade or so, I mentally stereotyped him as the Russian military interrogator sort. :lol:Let's see, who else, who else... Sidorak was very posh British, Roodaka was possibly slightly German, Nidhiki and Krekka were the classic one-two-punch henchmen set with British and Brooklyn accents, respectively.Don't even get me started on individual Makuta. I may have to make a separate post for that once I get my thoughts together. :D Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

After watching a Sherlock marathon, Kopaka is now voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch in my headcanon (Sorry, Alan Rickman- you're fired.)Vezon is Russel Brand. And more generally, Pohatu's Australian, Lewa's Irish or Scottish (David Tennant?), everyone is is more or less as they were in the movies.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Pohatu was RussianOnua had a deep English accent (Like Jorges off Halo:Reach)Lessovikk had a deep Irish accent
... Interesting choices. Lesovikk, Irish-sounding? Never thought of that. :lol: Is it because he's green?
I go by the movies. I thought of Lessovikk sounding like Batman.
I go by the movies too, for the characters they portray at least. I also think Lesovikk could sound like Batman, except far less confident.
I imagined Icarax sounding kind of like Count Dooku from Star Wars.
Mm.. it might work, but Icarax seems less refined than Dooku. Christopher Lee isn't known for portraying simple-minded warriors. Maybe Icarax could sound more like Grievous, but less exaggerated and without the coughing. But I'm sure there's a better choice.
After watching a Sherlock marathon, Kopaka is now voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch in my headcanon (Sorry, Alan Rickman- you're fired.)
The voice he already had (Alan Rickman, you say?) sounded fine to me, but Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock does have that soft, intelligent tone. But Sherlock talks too much for a Toa of Ice, of course.When I read funny lines from Mutran, I feel like I should be able to name a goofy villain whose voice would suit those lines, but I can't. Anyone have any ideas? Oh, and if Mako (the voice of Aku from Samurai Jack) was alive, which Makuta should he voice? Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I always imagined Kongu sounding like Kopaka, whoever voices him, Hewkii sounding like Onua and Nuparu sounding like Pohatu. Matoro seems to sound like Elijah Wood in my head.For Krika, I always imagined him sounding like Maar from Starcraft 2. Antroz sounded like Samuel L. Jackson, Bitil as Leonardo DiCaprio (albeit more sinister), Chirox as Darth Vader, Mutran as Rex from the G I Joe movie, and Icarax as Count Dooku (albeit more brash). For the turaga, I always imagined Nuju and Whenua's voice staying the same, and Matau's voice becoming Lewa's voice except with a more elderly tone.

I mostly went by the movies, too, but two headcanon voices come to mind.First, ages ago, I read something that said Kiina was originally going to have a heavy Russian accent. I actually really like this idea.Second, I always pictured Malum having a deep, gritty voice. Maybe like... Hugh Jackman? I don't know.A lot of my headcanons circle around the Bara Magna arc, as you can all probably tell.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Tahu and Kopaka had pretty much the voices I expected them to have, and Takua too. Lewa was a bit off; Onewa too. Jaller has always been more deep and serious in my mind, after the MNOG depicted him with the perpetually serious Hau expression and he was all foot-tapping and military-like. Vezon does sound a bit Joker-like in my mind too.For non-voiced characters so far, I'm not sure. Ehlek has always been loud and light in my mind, though I don't have a specific voice in mind for him. Ditto for most of the Makuta, I have a hard time imagining any of them besides "somewhat deep but not wheezy".

Prepare for... the LIST! 8D This really only consists of characters that haven't been voiced yet, since I was pretty happy with the movie voices.Piraka:Zaktan: Jonathan Freeman (Jafar, Aladdin)Hakann: James Woods (Hades, Hercules)Vezok: Nick NolteThok: Jeremy Irons (Scar, Lion King)Avak: J. Grant Albrecht (Crypto, Destroy all Humans)Reidak: Kevin Grievoux (Raze, Underworld)Vezon: Rick Miller (Dark Prince, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones)Toa Inika/Mahri:Jaller: Can't decide between Will Friedle (Terry/Batman, Batman Beyond) or Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Blake, Dark Knight Rises)Hahli: Chiara Zanni, she was good as her Matoran voice in Mask of Light, and I can still hear her as her Toa voiceMatoro: Yuri Lowenthal (Simon, English dub of Gurren Lagann, among a million other things)Kongu: Dominic Monaghan (Charlie, LOST/Merry, Lord of the Rings)Nuparu: Alexis Denisof (Wesley, Angel)Hewkii: Chris Hemsworth (Thor)Barraki:Pridak: Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort)Kalmah: Richard Epcar (Xemnas, Kingdom Hearts II)Ehlek: Scott McNeil (Dinobot, Beast Wars)Takadox: Michael Emerson (Ben, LOST)Mantax: Jeff Baker (Male Dark Elves, Morrowind)Carapar: Campbell Lane (Rampage, Beast Wars)Brotherhood of Makuta:Antroz: Miguel Ferrer (Shan Yu, Mulan)Chirox: Alec Willows (Tarantulas, Beast Wars)Krika: Tobin Bell (Jigsaw, Saw franchise)Bitil: Armand Assante (Tzekel-kan, Road to El Dorado)Gorast: Suzanne Pleshette, were she still aliveIcarax: Roger Jackson (Jabberwock, American McGee's Alice)Mutran: Peter Lurie (Paxton Fettel, F.E.A.R.)Miserix: David Kaye (Megatron, pretty much every animated Transformers since Beast Wars)Order of Mata Nui:Axonn: Michael Gough (Tassadar, StarCraft)Brutaka: Fred Tatasciore (Zeratul, StarCraft II)Helryx: Victoria Harwood (Integra, Helsing OVA)Botar: Keith David (Arbiter, Halo)Hydraxon: David Sobolov (Depthcharge, Beast Wars)Others:Lesovikk: Gary OldmanThe Shadowed One: Christopher LeeTren Krom: Jack Ritschel, were he alive (The Overmind, StarCraft)Gelu: David Wenham (Faramir, Lord of the Rings)Malum: Jackie Earle Haley, a la RorschachArtakha: Either Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) or James Earl JonesKarzahni: Steve Blum (Ares, God of War)

rahkshi_symbol.png

Quite a list. I wish I knew what more of those voices sounded like. So Hahli's voice actress was named Chiara? I wonder if Greg had that in mind when he named the Toa of Lightning.Krika should have a voice that can be menacing, like all Makuta, but more mournful.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Piraka:Thok: Jeremy Irons (Scar, Lion King) Toa Inika/Mahri:Jaller: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Blake, Dark Knight Rises)Kongu: Dominic Monaghan (Charlie, LOST/Merry, Lord of the Rings)Hewkii: Chris Hemsworth (Thor)Order of Mata Nui:Botar: Keith David (Arbiter, Halo) Others:The Shadowed One: Christopher LeeGelu: David Wenham (Faramir, Lord of the Rings)
As far as my knowledge of English people voices goes, I'd agree on these. About the others you wrote... can't say. I'd be able to give a list of Italian people, but no one would recognise them... :P

To me, I always thought that all of them had American accents, as that was how I uncreatively imagined them when I was little. As someone said earlier, I thought of Mata Nui as Optimus Prime, and Makuta (teridax) had a similar voice, as did Axonn. Basically, Toa = deep-ish voice, Matoran= normal/slightly high pitched, turaga= a bit older, but not geezer, and Titans = super deep voice. That's the brief summary.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

For me, it's mostly how they sound in the movies. Most others sound like me in my head, with a few exceptions. These are as follows:Icarax--Whoever voiced Starscream in the the live-action TF movies.Brutaka--Morgan FreemanKarzahni--Jonathon FreemanVezon--One of my friends from high school just has the perfect voice for such a character.And I always thought Robert Downey Jr. would have been a better Pohatu. And the rest of the Brotherhood all sound like like high-class Englishmen to me.signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Same as they were in the movies, except for Jaller. He was awful. I honestly think he sould have sounded he did in the mahri mini movie. Oh, an in my head, Axonn sounds like 7mr7random7's voice for him in The chronicles of Jaller. the guy who narrates the commercials shall do the voice for the insane great being.

2! The best thing ever!

the guy who narrates the commercials shall do the voice for the insane great being.
LolI imagine the bohrok talking like the Borg from Star Trek. The Rahkshi sound like talking snakes (at least, the talking ones did).
Actually for me the Rahkshi had normal voices.Turahk had the voice of Aaron Paul(Jesse Pinkman from Breaking bad)

Same as they were in the movies, except for Jaller. He was awful. I honestly think he sould have sounded he did in the mahri mini movie. Oh, an in my head, Axonn sounds like 7mr7random7's voice for him in The chronicles of Jaller. the guy who narrates the commercials shall do the voice for the insane great being.
lol, that's awesome!I think he sounds like a lumberjack. Because all lumberjacks have generic voices.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Same as they were in the movies, except for Jaller. He was awful.
Actually, I agree. Movie Jaller sounded more like a kid than the Captain of the Guard.
the guy who narrates the commercials shall do the voice for the insane great being.
He's the only GB I remember having actual lines, but I think that narrator would be better voicing a sane GB, such as Angonce, or some other legendary character such as Artakha. It would suit his narrator role to play a character that's a precursor/working behind the scenes if you know what I mean.
Actually for me the Rahkshi had normal voices.
What? I don't remember the Rahkshi ever talking. I thought they just hissed and screeched. *Looks at BS01* Oh, Shadow Kraata can speak Matoran. But I still don't remember them ever doing so.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Same as they were in the movies, except for Jaller. He was awful.
Actually, I agree. Movie Jaller sounded more like a kid than the Captain of the Guard.
He's the only GB I remember having actual lines, but I think that narrator would be better voicing a sane GB, such as Angonce, or some other legendary character such as Artakha. It would suit his narrator role to play a character that's a precursor/working behind the scenes if you know what I mean.
Actually for me the Rahkshi had normal voices.
What? I don't remember the Rahkshi ever talking. I thought they just hissed and screeched. *Looks at BS01* Oh, Shadow Kraata can speak Matoran. But I still don't remember them ever doing so.
I meant when I play with them. I dont follow cannon that much

The Matoran speak in a programming language. They don't have accents.Now, Agori and Glatorian might have accents that are based on where they come from.
Well, we know that the Matoran language is capable of changing and evolving- treespeak is proof of that, along with the fact that the Voya Nui Matoran used hexagonal letters instead of round ones. Matoran having different accents wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And from a human perspective, there is no such thing as not having an accent.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231