What are the Great Beings?

Where did you hear that? The very opening lines say "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away", confirming that Earth does exist in SW. There was even a cameo of the ET alien species, implying a direct connection to that movie connecting aliens to Earth.You can headcanon it however you like, of course. :P
The important thing about Star Wars, though (and this is kind of starting to get off topic), is that the humans aren't from Earth - because they couldn't be. Earth humans haven't mastered space travel even in the present day, and this is "a long time ago"! Evidently, a species exactly like humans has sprung up independently in the galaxy-far-far-away. That's how I see Great Beings: not from Earth, but pretty much human in every way - and so far Greg's done nothing to deny that.
But as I said already, Greg has indeed denied that.Being human is not so general as "biological and wearing clothes". That description could also apply to the vast majority of fictional aliens in all existing science fiction, why would you automatically leap to the assumption that it's humans? What else about the GBs do you mean by "every way"? Everything besides those two things already applies to Toa, Glatorian, etc. and they're not human.We're not here in the Bionicle S&T forum to solve the mysteries of Star Wars, but for sake of discussion on a discussion forum, let's explore this some more, could be fun. :) As far as I know, there's no proof that the SW humans aren't from Earth. That's your theory, but the evidence seems shaky. Your assumption that within SW fiction, ancient Terran humans hadn't mastered space travel could simply be wrong. Wouldn't be the first science fiction to feature such ideas -- Stargate and Halo come to mind. Don't confuse the reality that humans of the past couldn't have mastered that for an ironclad rule for fiction. ;)An example along those lines could be that a small group mastered it but were sick of their relatives and basically fled Earth and later the galaxy, never returning or giving their cousins that tech. Or something could have happened on Earth to erase societal memory of the ancient tech, etc. Or aliens could have abducted ancient humans.But more to the point, humans have always been part of the "genre" of Star Wars. Luke was the first protagonist and he was a human among aliens. How he got there was never part of the SW genre, though it's possible the extragalactic existence of humans might be explained in future story (or maybe even has been in expanded story already, I dunno).By contrast, humans have never been part of the genre of Bionicle. Quite the opposite. It's very intentionally a universe that is canonically confirmed not to have humans existing anywhere in it. :) Even if they retconned that now, IMO it would be a bad idea as it would be "jumping the shark" -- that is, too big a deviation from the established genre of it.Note I'm using "genre" for lack of remembering a better term. :P I mean the style that the particular fiction establishes, not the general styles of other fictions like it. Whatever the word for that is. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Maybe the Great Beings are Wookies. Just had to throw that out there ;)I hope that we'll get some answers in the near future, but who knows. LEGO has abandoned BIONICLE and GregF is a busy man. We may never know :(

There isn't much evidence to support theories of his insanity, either. Sure, he's killing powerful entities. But did you see Greg's explanation? He's "doing some housecleaning", in a sense. Getting rid of forces that he considers to be unstable and dangerous. Of course, his assessment is not always correct, so I see why you'd think he was crazy... but remember, he doesn't hold MU inhabitants as his priority, most likely, since the GBs were focused on protecting the Agori, right?I think he'd need a reason.
Ok, this caused something inside my head to go 'click'. Read the last sentance. It states that the GBs want to protect the Agori.Now imagine that you are given special powers to create out of nothing. You make a robot with beings inside that would eventually return to earth and repair the planet due to a war between humans that shattered it. Now that robot has returned, and it has the beings toy created inside. They are more violent and more powerful than before, and you are afraid they'll destroy humanity, which is what your species is. What would you do? You'd dfend humanity. What are the GBs doing? Defending the Agori.To sum it all up, I now believe the GBs are Agori with special powers. And it's probably the beat theory we've come up with so far. Edited by DeltaStriker

Maybe the Great Beings are Wookies.
Aaaauuugh! It's 'Wookiees', with two 'e's! Get it right! :burnmad:Ok, so this post has some relevant content: do you think the GBs were born with special powers or altered themselves to gain them?(PS: I'm not really mad at the misspelling, just being silly.) Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I always saw them as bio-mechanical like everyone in the Matoran universe and Spherus Magna, perhaps not. If they are organic they aren't humans in my mind, just some type of aliens, possibly with powerful exo-skeleton armor they created for themselves. As for them being the designers... I hope not that's terrible 4th wall breaking and makes no sense story wise.

Maybe the Great Beings are Wookies. Just had to throw that out there ;)I hope that we'll get some answers in the near future, but who knows. LEGO has abandoned BIONICLE and GregF is a busy man. We may never know :(
There isn't much evidence to support theories of his insanity, either. Sure, he's killing powerful entities. But did you see Greg's explanation? He's "doing some housecleaning", in a sense. Getting rid of forces that he considers to be unstable and dangerous. Of course, his assessment is not always correct, so I see why you'd think he was crazy... but remember, he doesn't hold MU inhabitants as his priority, most likely, since the GBs were focused on protecting the Agori, right?I think he'd need a reason.
Ok, this caused something inside my head to go 'click'. Read the last sentance. It states that the GBs want to protect the Agori.Now imagine that you are given special powers to create out of nothing. You make a robot with beings inside that would eventually return to earth and repair the planet due to a war between humans that shattered it. Now that robot has returned, and it has the beings toy created inside. They are more violent and more powerful than before, and you are afraid they'll destroy humanity, which is what your species is. What would you do? You'd dfend humanity. What are the GBs doing? Defending the Agori.To sum it all up, I now believe the GBs are Agori with special powers. And it's probably the beat theory we've come up with so far.
Clever and sensible but one problem; we know they are big, while Agori are small. I forget for sure about the first evidence; it was that scene of setting up the 777 stairs, and I'm pretty sure they referred to the Matoran as small from their perspective. The second is more certain, though; we have an image of them, tiny and from the back and showing only silhouettes, but they are shaped more like Glatorian than Agori. (The construction of the Great Spirit robot image from the Mata Nui Saga.)And that motive logic works even if they aren't exactly Agori. Agori and Glatorian are both from the same planet as the GBs and all three species or types are biological. It's possible Agori are basically dwarf relatives of Glatorian, and the GBs are more like Glatorian. Also, there is Tuma to consider, a giant Skrall. Maybe the ancient ancestors of all those types were biological titans similar in size to the Skrall Leader class. If this or something similar is true, the GBs' would have good reason to want to protect the life of the Agori and Glatorian without necessarily looking like one or the other exactly.Really, even if they aren't related they might feel an affinity with them simply due to being from the same world.Also, we have no clear evidence that they themselves have special powers. We've seen Psionics-like effects but we don't know if that is an artificial ability, etc. It may simply be that they're psychologically more inventive than their other relatives, if they're relatives.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

@Bonesii - I said Agori with special powers. They could be mutant Agori, making the bigger. Also, when have Glatorian cared about the Agori? The only ones who act this way are Kiina and Ackar, the rest are in it for the money (*cough*Strakk*cough*).Plus, the matoran are smaller than the Agori, and would be smaller than mutant Agori. So basically, my theory still stands.

Edited by DeltaStriker

@Bonesii - I said Agori with special powers. They could be mutant Agori, making the bigger. Also, when have Glatorian cared about the Agori? The only ones who act this way are Kiina and Ackar, the rest are in it for the money (*cough*Strakk*cough*).Plus, the matoran are smaller than the Agori, and would be smaller than mutant Agori. So basically, my theory still stands.
Actually, a lot of that is illogical. Glatorian are protectors of Agori in general with a few exceptions, not vice versa.I think Bones referred to the proportions before. Look at the silhouettes of a Glatorian, an Agori, and a Matoran. Which are noticeably taller? Glatorian. Those are the proportions of the GBs, as far as we know.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Actually, a lot of that is illogical. Glatorian are protectors of Agori in general with a few exceptions, not vice versa.I think Bones referred to the proportions before. Look at the silhouettes of a Glatorian, an Agori, and a Matoran. Which are noticeably taller? Glatorian. Those are the proportions of the GBs, as far as we know.
And Matoran are essentially the same size as Agori. I'm sure the two groups' averages do not come out to exactly equal, but close enough not to worry about it. But the sizes isn't really the issue, but the proportions, yeah. They are shown as tall and skinny, not short and wide, therefore more like Glatorian than Agori.Anyways, IMO all the native SM species are "mutants" of a single type of being, likely, so in a sense they could all be seen as "mutant Agori" including Skrall. But to single out Agori as the closest relations seems unlikely.Incidentally, has it been said that the GBs are out to protect just the Agori? In Bionicle often phrases like that are used nonliterally; for example the MU is often talked about in terms of "protecting the Matoran" which really means at the very least also Toa and Turaga, and sometimes even the other sapient species. Maybe you've heard a version of that for SM? Basically the Matoran and Agori are the least powerful in their respective worlds of the sapient beings, thus needing the most protection. So such a statement doesn't necessarily either rule out protection of others, or imply close relatedness.

Well, humans come in the normal "tall" form, and in dwarf form, at least. I have a theory about us that there used to be communities of dwarves that inspired the modern fantasy concept of dwarves (that basic part of it; the rest is probably pure fiction). Either way, the range of variation in sizes between all the sapient species on SM is well within normal bounds, and not much else is all that different. Compare to Chihuahuas vs. Great Danes for example.Keep in mind they're all naturally organic, so a lot of the apparent differences, such as the Skrall's shoulder things or the Vorox's mandible-helmets, are not really part of them. And the faces of Glatorian and Agori are clearly pretty much identical in the movie.Incidentally, it just occurred to me that the female Skrall have Psionic powers, so if this is right, there's some evidence for the idea that GBs might have Psionic power too. Although not sure if they have those naturally, off the top of my head.Edit: Scratch that (apparently):

The female members of the Skrall race were granted powerful mental powers by Annona, the same being responsible for the Dreaming Plague.
Of course, the GBs could have been granted similar powers by Annona or a creature like her, or something.. Edited by bonesiii

You may be on to something, Bonesiii. Brilliant! Check out this quote from Annona in Sahmad's Tale:"I even tried to touch them with madness, but their minds were too... strange. Their minds fed on mine. They took the dreams from me and that energy inspired them to greater and greater feats of creation"It sounds to me like she accidentally let the Great Beings gain knowledge from her. What if they gained more than just knowledge and inspiration? If she was able to give the Sisters of the Skrall psionic powers...(Oh, and I think the fact that even this eldritch dream-eater could only describe the GBs' minds as 'strange' is saying a lot :P)

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Interesting.. I wonder how I never (consciously :P) noticed that implication... Here's the context of that part, since I was curious enough to look it up:

"Nice light show," I said. "Pretty fancy for something the Great Beings made and threw away. That is what you are, isn't it, another one of their projects gone wrong?"The light flared brighter. Crimson tentacles erupted from the glowing sphere. I barely avoided their grasp."I existed before your Great Beings were born," said the creature. "I sensed their coming and wondered if they might pose some threat to me. I even tried to touch them with madness, but their minds were too... strange. Their minds fed on mine. They took the dreams from me and that energy inspired them to greater and greater feats of creation, and I was forced to hide in the depths of Spherus Magna."
So Annona was alive before any GB was, and they took something from that incident that motivated their intense creativity. It's quite possible the theories that the GBs have no innate powers but are just creative, and that they have psionic powers are not mutually exclusive; maybe they had no powers but had high intelligence, and contact with Annona granted them Psionic power and/or something to do with that intelligence.The "sensed their coming" line and "might pose some threat to me" might possibly imply they already had some kind of Psionic ability already, though. :shrugs: Perhaps they were already both smart and Psionic but only gained motivation here. Or even only smart, and never gained Psionic power at all until their inventions. :shrugs: Still, the correlation to the Sisters does fit, yeah. Edited by bonesiii

Interesting.. I wonder how I never (consciously :P) noticed that implication... Here's the context of that part, since I was curious enough to look it up:
"Nice light show," I said. "Pretty fancy for something the Great Beings made and threw away. That is what you are, isn't it, another one of their projects gone wrong?"The light flared brighter. Crimson tentacles erupted from the glowing sphere. I barely avoided their grasp."I existed before your Great Beings were born," said the creature. "I sensed their coming and wondered if they might pose some threat to me. I even tried to touch them with madness, but their minds were too... strange. Their minds fed on mine. They took the dreams from me and that energy inspired them to greater and greater feats of creation, and I was forced to hide in the depths of Spherus Magna."
So Annona was alive before any GB was, and they took something from that incident that motivated their intense creativity. It's quite possible the theories that the GBs have no innate powers but are just creative, and that they have psionic powers are not mutually exclusive; maybe they had no powers but had high intelligence, and contact with Annona granted them Psionic power and/or something to do with that intelligence.The "sensed their coming" line and "might pose some threat to me" might possibly imply they already had some kind of Psionic ability already, though. :shrugs: Perhaps they were already both smart and Psionic but only gained motivation here. Or even only smart, and never gained Psionic power at all until their inventions. :shrugs: Still, the correlation to the Sisters does fit, yeah.
I think it's possible that they had some kind of Psionic powers which is what allowed them to feed on Annona's mind in the first place. Besides, the Sisters thinking that Angonce had Psionic powers that he granted might have a basis in fact.Of course, so far there is no solid proof the GBs have any powers to begin with. If they did, I'd have thought they'd have ended the Core War without having to resort to incredibly complex creations. We have seen that they seem to Have some kind of power over the inhabitants of the MU. I remember in Inferno it was mentioned that the Matoran couldn't see the GBs just because they willed it. Also, the insane GB was able to shut off Vezon's Olmak. I do think it's likely they simply used advanced technology to achieve these things. Kabrua had some kind of device that shut off a Toa's elemental powers which Velika gave him, right? I think Velika's method of killing indicates that GBs don't have powers; he stabbed Karzahni with a sword and was trying to kill the people in the fortress with some kind of calculated explosive/trap/something. Don't know how he killed Tren Krom, but I guessed he could have used some weapon to kill him.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I think Velika's method of killing indicates that GBs don't have powers; he stabbed Karzahni with a sword and was trying to kill the people in the fortress with some kind of calculated explosive/trap/something. Don't know how he killed Tren Krom, but I guessed he could have used some weapon to kill him.
I think he teleported him outside of the MU, then I'm not sure what happened.
I have a theory about us that there used to be communities of dwarves that inspired the modern fantasy concept of dwarves.
This is the Bionicle Storyline and Theories forum, Bones, not the real life one. :lol:

but their spirits

(Aha, I thought of that!... But apparently forgot to mention it. Fail.)So, more potential evidence for psionic abilities?
I don't think it would be psionic abilities as much as trans-dimensional sight. I think Greg mentioned that the GBs invented dimensional travel, so they would know about this stuff.

I think Velika's method of killing indicates that GBs don't have powers; he stabbed Karzahni with a sword and was trying to kill the people in the fortress with some kind of calculated explosive/trap/something. Don't know how he killed Tren Krom, but I guessed he could have used some weapon to kill him.
I think Velika is controlling Lesovikk using psionic powers. This would explain the Row's odd behaviour.

Velika is not inside his normal body, so that may be irrelevant. Just his mind was put into the body of a normal Matoran, apparently.And I presume we're talking about limited powers. Mere Psionics for example, even if highly powered, would not be sufficient to end a war or fuse a planet. Rather, they would be used to aid the construction of things that would do those tasks for them. :)The real question is whether the Psionic-like powers we've seen them using are inherent to them, applied to them by Annona, made by special tech they carry, or not with them at all but a function of the protodermic creations that they're accessing. There's basically no question that they do have access somehow to Psionic-like powers.

They are organic civilized humanoid entities with a failsafe obsession.
Yep indeed actually they made more failsafes then you can image, couldn't they just focus on making one perfect robot?
I think that was the idea of all the failsafes in the robot in the first place. :lol:

but their spirits

Yes but they could've just made some more reshearchs to things like antidermis and setience instaid of creating countless failsafes. Also some failsafe contradicted eachother like the mask of life total destruction countdown and the toa Mata failsafe
Sentience? Why? The GBs never intended for most MU inhabitants to become self-aware.Anyway, contradicting failsafes makes sense in some cases. Event A sets off Failsafe 1. The results if Failsafe 1 go over-the-top and cause Event B, leading to a contradictory Failsafe 2. Makes some sense to me anyway. :lol:

but their spirits

Yes but they could've just made some more reshearchs to things like antidermis and setience instaid of creating countless failsafes. Also some failsafe contradicted eachother like the mask of life total destruction countdown and the toa Mata failsafe
Sentience? Why? The GBs never intended for most MU inhabitants to become self-aware.Anyway, contradicting failsafes makes sense in some cases. Event A sets off Failsafe 1. The results if Failsafe 1 go over-the-top and cause Event B, leading to a contradictory Failsafe 2. Makes some sense to me anyway. :lol:
Second thin is logic now but the with the first I meant that the GB's could've better reshearched what would become of the beings in their robot, also they could've easily avoided the canister error

I'm back!

They are organic civilized humanoid entities with a failsafe obsession.
Yep indeed actually they made more failsafes then you can image, couldn't they just focus on making one perfect robot?
"Perfect" and "just" don't really belong in the same sentence. :P Things wear out -- failsafes, contingencies, etc. are necessary. They did go a bit overboard though lol.

A bit :) they created a failsafe for if something very unlike would happen , created a failsafe if the previous one didn't work and created one after that in case that one would go wrong. They are just like Teridax, so obsessed with failsafes that they overlook giant faults.

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

That's oddly specific. I'd recommend simplifying that down to "psionic and very intelligent Glatorian subspecies". And the source of the apparent psi powers is still unknown, so you might not even need to include that.

but their spirits

Not to mention, I think you need more proof for it to be a theory. Right now it seems to be mostly speculation XD

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

Not to mention, I think you need more proof for it to be a theory. Right now it seems to be mostly speculation XD
Evidence, not proof (at least in standard S&T terminology :P); see the One-Stop pinned topic for why I say that. Anywho...It's possible, but again, I think it's more likely that they're relatives of all the sapient species, who may or may not have a soft spot in their hearts for the weakest relatives, the Agori, but probably want more or less what's best for all their relatives if possible. What evidence is there to support the "mutant Agori" theory over that? And are you saying that this means they don't care at all about others like the Skrall for example? If that was so, why not just wipe out all Skrall instead of using the Baterra's "if they have weapons" rule?Also, doesn't that rule apply to Glatorian and Agori too, possibly? Not sure about this bit though.
A bit :) they created a failsafe for if something very unlike would happen , created a failsafe if the previous one didn't work and created one after that in case that one would go wrong. They are just like Teridax, so obsessed with failsafes that they overlook giant faults.
I guess my point is, to put it in the terms from this post, they must have known from experience that they aren't perfect designers -- witness the failure of the prototype robot for example. So they tried to think of as many failsafes as they can imagine. This isn't necessarily obsessive or unwise at all. It's more a matter of not having enough imagination to think of the big thing that went "wrong" (full sapience). Although IMO it's more like sensible humility. Who would ever imagine that they would accidentally achieve such a thing? I got the vibe from the Angonce lines that they would have felt that was too presumptuous to imagine.That's a fault, yeah, but I don't think it's like Teridax at all. His mistake was made for the opposite reason; pride.

EDIT: I think the Great Beings should be 'mutant' Agori or maybe humanoid Glatorian. And they should care for their weakest relatives: the Agori :( because I believe they shouldn't be arrogant, evil or wicked. The Great Beings will be a species like the Glatorian and the Agori. But they should have a real identity behind their 'Great Beings' name and behind their genius and their creativity.Maybe they should be based on the Toa maybe? As Toa-like beings? I know the Great Beings are not Toa at all but they could look similar or in-between the Glatorian. I know Artahka created the Toa Mata, the Toa Metru transformed by the suva in Ga-Metru, and the Toa Inika transformed in Voya Nui from the red star lightning. But they could look like them as humanoid, mutant or organic Toa? with their Glatorian helmets? (Ackar and Berix's helmet in different recolours?) I don't think the Great Beings should be evil or scary IMO. :(

Edited by bohrokmaster

I think the Great Beings should be like the mutant Agori or maybe humanoid Glatorian. I also think the Great Beings should care for the Agori because I believe they shouldn't be arrogant or spoilt or mean. And I don't think the 'Great Beings' should exist as a species. The great beings will be a species like the Agori and the Glatorian but they should have a real identity behind a simple name and behind their genius and creativity.

Maybe they should be based on the Toa Mata as a resemblence to their creation? I know Artahka created Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Onua and Pohatu but they could look like them as humanoid Toa? with their Glatorian helmets? (Ackar's and Berix's helmets in different colours?) I don't think the Great Beings should be scary or evil or always secretive.

Er... they aren't totally unknown, mysterious, and scary anymore. We know the names of two of them, and have learned about them as inventors and stuff... I don't know what I'm trying to say here actually. :lol:

but their spirits

They're a fictional species that wears clothes and is psychologically ideal for inventions. They might not have powers themselves at all.

If they didn't have powers, then how was that one imprisoned GB in that fortress able to freeze time and space across a parallel universe? As far as I remember those abilities weren't confirmed to be the result of him touching the Ignika.Then again, I guess you could say that he could have possibly built and hid a machine somewhere that can track his location, read his thoughts, and do those things for him, though there's no evidence to suggest that.

There is also the possibility that he used a power focused only on Vezon in order to make him feel like everything else was frozen. It would be kind of like some fictional explanations for time stop: you are not stopping the universe, you are speeding up yourself (some choose to deal with increased aging due to this, other just label it a magical effect that is not subject to such things).

I thought that might just be the effect of having the Olmak turned off while it was being used, since Vezon was teleporting when the GB turned his "kanohi" off.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

They're a fictional species that wears clothes and is psychologically ideal for inventions. They might not have powers themselves at all.

If they didn't have powers, then how was that one imprisoned GB in that fortress able to freeze time and space across a parallel universe? As far as I remember those abilities weren't confirmed to be the result of him touching the Ignika.Then again, I guess you could say that he could have possibly built and hid a machine somewhere that can track his location, read his thoughts, and do those things for him, though there's no evidence to suggest that.

There is also the possibility that he used a power focused only on Vezon in order to make him feel like everything else was frozen. It would be kind of like some fictional explanations for time stop: you are not stopping the universe, you are speeding up yourself (some choose to deal with increased aging due to this, other just label it a magical effect that is not subject to such things).

I thought that might just be the effect of having the Olmak turned off while it was being used, since Vezon was teleporting when the GB turned his "kanohi" off.

It's plausible that the GBs have devices to turn off Kanohi and the like; remember, Velika gave something to Kabrua and the other Bota Magna Vorox something to turn off a Toa's powers..

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png

From BS01's Abilities and Traits section on the GB's

"Great Beings possess the simple, inexorable urge to create, from which stems the multitude and diversity of their creations. They are very obsessive about their creations, and are more interested in working and designing things than anything else.

While lacking the raw physicality of many of their creations, Great Beings have greater ethereal powers. They are able to manipulate many facets of their creations, and can appear invisible to them at will, as well as being able to communicate to them across dimensions.

The Great Being that was driven insane and locked away had the power to freeze temporal space around subjects."

Someone above asked for BS01's content relating to their powers.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

I think most of that information is correct, as evidenced by story appearances of GBs and their powers, with minimal speculation included (specifically pertaining to physical information and limits of powers). However, it is still very vague, and pretty much just restates what we already know. :lol:

but their spirits

I think BS01 should specify that it hasn't been explicitly confirmed that what we've seen of the GB's abilities are actual powers or just inventions they designed with those abilities.

toakopaka.png