Officially Released Set Pictures Not Allowed?

Mesonak

I recently posted a topic that contained pictures, without confidential markings, of the Hero Factory 2012 sets, found on a german shop site. The topic was locked, citing the "Don't post leaked images" rule. Last I checked, unless BZP's policy on leaked images has changed since the forum went down, everything I did is allowed. The pictures weren't leaked, we're nearing release of the sets and as such, official, non-watermarked images are bound to be released and are fair game for discussion. To add to the confusion, BZP routinely posts news articles and topics of finalized images of sets, namely earlier in the year with Savage Planet and even earlier with Ordeal of Fire, both of which contained finalized pictures found on a site very similar to this. This isn't a unique issue, it's exactly the same as what happens each year with pictures of sets. I double-checked the rules and I see no change. Could I get an explanation? Thanks. If I did something wrong I'd love to know what, but I'm confused -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Normally I'd say that's the case, but as I said, unless the leaked images policy has changed, this isn't abnormal. Every year around mid-october, early-november we get pictures, and they're always fair game for discussion. Same held truth for last year, same has held true for this year until this point. Let me put it this way; I doubt it's Lego that asked BZP to take down my topic without removing them from the source website first. Which tells me Lego doesn't have a problem with the images. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

If it was Lego with the problem they would request them to be taken down from the source website first. Never before have un-watermarked pictures released around this time of the year on a legitimate shopping site been categorized as leaked, which is why I think it's wrong for my topic to be closed based upon a misunderstanding. :/ -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I have to say I agree with Mesonak. I've been a member here since 2007, and a lurker since about two years before that, and as far as I can recall if new images were found on a legitimate shopping site they were considered official(unless of course Lego requested them to be removed, and I don't believe they have in this case). No disrespect to B6 or any other staffers, it just seems like they jumped the gun a little on this one.

p

I just looked on the LEGO site. They have not been released yet. Here is a link to the Products page on the Hero Factory site to prove it. If LEGO hasn't released them, they're not official. I looked at the topic you made, and B6 said that if something wasn't officially released, it shouldn't be posted. -Rez

Reznas, how long have you been a member on this website? For as long as I can remember, and I've been visiting this website since 2008 and lurked for years beforehand, BZPower has never restrictively classified images as official ONLY if they're on LEGO's website.That is not the case, that has never been the case, and as I've said, until I get staff confirmation on the matter I'm as confused as ever. To reiterate: I looked at the leaked images policy, and it has not changed. How it has always been - Images are not leaked if they do not have confidential markings and are released on a legit shopping site. Not to sound disrespectful towards any of the staff, because that's definitely not my intent, but I need staff confirmation (and I'd love an explanation) before I accept an abrupt and unprecedented shift in the rules. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I'd also like to say when future lego official set images get released, I'm sure B6 will get info about them, seeing as he's a Lego Ambassador. Edit: And since the topic was locked by official staff, it's obviously against the rules. If you have a problem I'd contact B6.

Edited by The iCon

I'm with Mesonak on this one; I'm a huge stickler about spoilers and avoiding leaked information (I work for BS01, what do you expect?) but there was nothing wrong with these pictures, from what I can tell. The only watermark is that of the website itself; these appear to be perfectly legitimate, even if the site isn't as high-end as, say, Amazon; we get pictures like this from third-party websites all the time, and if there's no confidential watermark, then they were at least obtained legitimately. Based on precedent, yes, it doesn't make much sense for BZP to ban them. Unless they were contacted directly by LEGO, of course. Looking at the topic, the only discussion of leaked pictures was people comparing it to previously released photos, which were actually leaked. Obviously this should be monitored by the staff, but with the given pictures, I can't think of anything wrong with them.

Edited by Dorek

Reznas, how long have you been a member on this website? For as long as I can remember, and I've been visiting this website since 2008 and lurked for years beforehand, BZPower has never restrictively classified images as official ONLY if they're on LEGO's website.That is not the case, that has never been the case, and as I've said, until I get staff confirmation on the matter I'm as confused as ever. To reiterate: I looked at the leaked images policy, and it has not changed. How it has always been - Images are not leaked if they do not have confidential markings and are released on a legit shopping site. Not to sound disrespectful towards any of the staff, because that's definitely not my intent, but I need staff confirmation (and I'd love an explanation) before I accept an abrupt and unprecedented shift in the rules. -Mesonak

If you read B6's post when he closed the topic you made, he said not to post or discuss any 2011 images that had not been officially announced. He said that right here. They may have not been watermarked, but they definitely haven't been announced. As iCon said, B6 is The LEGO Ambassador. LEGO would announce the sets' releases if they were released. -Rez

Guys, guys, let's stop arguing about who's right or who's wrong and just wait for Black Six or another higher up to give their assertion, shall we? This really isn't accomplishing anything, as none of us can give a definite confirmation. newso1.png

Edited by Toa_Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I believe the policy was changed early this year when I unveiled pictures of the HF summer sets I found in the files for the Creep Crusher games. Although they were released by LEGO, they did in fact now want any summer set pictures to be released to the public at that time and even asked me personally to remove them from my gallery, so from then on pictures have only been allowed to be discussed when officially released by LEGO. At least I believe that is how it was Please don´t kill me now.~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

As per our Leaked Content Policy:

If the images or information were not officially released by LEGO or a reliable source, they cannot be posted on BZPower. Discussion of new sets and other information can wait until they are officially announced by LEGO or through its partners.

I do not consider the sites you linked to as an official announcement. I will look into checking with LEGO to attempt to get confirmation on if it's okay to post them.Thread closed.