For Eternity- Ninjago Short Story contest

Dralcax

For Eternity

kaito.jpgKaito, the protagonist in the story, prior to his Green Ninja tranformation

Everyone knows the legend of Ninjago. Everybody knows how Kai, Zane, Jay, and Cole came together, alongside Lloyd, the fabled Green Ninja, to fight the evil Lord Garmadon. But, for every occurrence, there are an infinite number of alternate possibilities. Let us leave Ninjago for a while and journey to an alternate version of Ninjago. In this land, Lord Garmadon never met Misako, and Lloyd was never born. Because of this difference, Garmadon lacked any light in his heart, no love, no family, only pure darkness. When the skeleton armies raided the land, no one was safe. There were hundreds of casualties. Among them were Kai, Zane, Jay, and Cole- the Ninja. The Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu were all stolen and darkness reigned. But destiny never allows for unopposed evil. A lone hero rose to the occasion. This is his story.“OOF!”Kaito hefted a huge block. Ever since the skeleton armies had invaded almost a year ago, leaving destruction in its wake, the village had been rebuilding, trying to recover from the disaster. Kaito was about to put the block in its place when an old man interrupted him, tapping him on the shoulder.“YEOWCH!”Kaito yelled as he dropped the block on his foot. Annoyed, he turned around and looked at the old man, who merely chuckled.“I am sorry to interrupt your labors,” replied the old man, “but unless you want another skeleton invasion, I suggest you come with me.”“Is that a threat?” asked Kaito, drawing his sword.“No, merely a warning,” replied the old man, unfazed by the weapon. “You will see once you learn the skills needed to defeat the skeleton armies once and for all.”“Who are you?” demanded Kaito, not letting down his guard.“My name is Wu, although you can call me... Sensei Wu.” the old man replied.“Sensei? I’m not anybody’s student,” argued Kaito. “I don’t need anybody to teach me.”“Yes, you do,” Wu replied, “Especially to teach you... humility.”Their argument was cut short by panicked cries. The skeletons were back.“The skeletons! Wait right here.” exclaimed Kaito, jumping into battle. A white aura surrounded his sword as he jumped into battle. He hacked and slashed at the skeletons, swiftly dismembering the undead soldiers. Peculiarly, the skeletons froze up the second they came in contact with the sword. But there were simply too many skeletons. Kaito was almost overwhelmed when a golden tornado came spinning to his rescue. The tornado stopped spinning to reveal... Sensei Wu.“I told you to stay out of this!” yelled an angered Kaito, running away from the old man. He continued to fight for the village, but the skeletons were rapidly overwhelming the futile defenses of the village.“Kaito! Help!”Kaito turned and saw his friend, Kathy, being menaced by Samukai, the four-armed skeleton general, who was wielding the Nunchucks of Lightning and the Sword of Fire.“Kathy! No!” Kaito leaped over and swiftly decapitated Samukai. Suddenly, the unexpected happened. Samukai’s eerie headless body picked up his oversized skull and replaced it. Kaito glanced at his sword. Had the mystical sword failed, or was Samukai simply too strong? He cut Samukai to pieces. As the monstrosity reassembled himself, he yelled for Kathy to escape. “Go! Now! Don’t worry about me, save yourself! It’s not safe here! Go!”Kathy took the warning and ran, towards the dock. Looking over her shoulder, she saw Kaito fighting for his life against Samukai.“Don’t look back!” Kaito yelled. “Just go!”Kathy boarded a ship and set sail. However, Samukai had other plans. Laughing evilly and raising the Nunchucks of Lightning to the sky, he created a storm that swiftly caught her, pulling her far off course.“Kathy!” yelled Kaito. This was the fatal distraction that Samukai needed. He prepared to strike the final blow with the Sword of Fire. Kaito had just enough time to watch the shadow of doom fall upon him. Samukai struck- and it was blocked by a bamboo staff. It was Sensei Wu! Scowling, Kaito pushed him out of the way and faced off against Samukai. The skeleton general simply turned his back, casually set the village ablaze with the Sword of Fire, and called for his armies to retreat. Once the village burned to the ground and the destruction was visible, it was clear why Samukai left. A whole village, slaughtered overnight. The streets were strewn with corpses of the people Kaito once knew. He was the only one left.“I can help you defeat the army,” Kaito heard Wu behind him. “And next time, you will not lose.”“Next time?” Kaito yelled in anger. “What next time? They’re dead! All of them!”“Not all of them.” Wu calmly replied. “Although lost, that girl still lives, and so do you and I.”“But what’s the point? My sword did nothing! I did nothing!”“Your sword? Actually, I’m curious. It’s something about that sword... That sword is powerful, and you cannot use it properly.”“It was forged a long time ago, and it’s supposed to be able to dispel dark magic,” Kaito explained, “and I can use it just fine! Besides, how did you do that tornado thing? That seems to be the only thing that works against them... Please! Teach me how to do that!”“Very well,” replied Sensei Wu. “I will teach you Spinjitzu.”And they trained. They sparred late into the night. Kaito learned the legends of Lord Garmadon and the prophecy of the Green Ninja. Kaito discovered the art of Spinjitzu. Kaito mastered the elements of Fire, Lightning, Ice, and Earth. But no matter what he learned, no matter how powerful he got, a dark shadow still hung over Ninjago. While Kaito was training, the skeletons, unopposed, conquered Ninjago City. A huge crater was blown in the middle of Ninjago, connecting Ninjago with the underworld beneath. Garmadon’s dark forces spilled out of the hole by the millions, sweeping Ninjago. Soon, Garmadon was the absolute ruler of Ninjago. An evil tower of dark steel and obsidian was built in the underworld, protruding through the hole and reaching up to the cloudy skies. It could be seen for miles as a reminder of Garmadon’s immense power. But as the tower grew, so did Kaito’s strength. Sensei Wu watched the imposing skyscraper from the safety of the monastery, the only place that the skeletons had not yet reached. But that soon changed, as the armies climbed the mountain one day.“We’re under attack!” yelled Kaito. Grabbing his sword, he prepared to fight- But Sensei Wu stopped him.“No. I will fight. You are too important to die here. Go! The time has come! The final battle, yes, the time has come for the Green Ninja to rise up and fight Lord Garmadon. The Green Ninja... The Green Ninja is... Ack!” At that moment, a skeleton warrior stabbed Sensei Wu, killing him instantly. At that moment, Kaito realized the truth.Three years later, Kaito stood at the gates of the Underworld Tower. Its imposing sleek metal design stared at him. Suddenly, the gates opened, and the dark lord himself stepped out, dragging the disembodied head of what had once been Kathy, the girl who had tried to escape so many years ago.“Oh, I assume you’ve come here for the girl?” inquired Garmadon. “Take her.” He tossed the head at Kaito.“You monster...” Kaito gritted his teeth. Garmadon was even more hideous in person. His skin was pitch black. He towered over Kaito, with four menacing arms, each wielding one of the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu. His teeth were sharp fangs, and his nails were piercing claws. He wore a fearsome helmet of dark steel and bone.“Oh, a challenge, is it? Very well,” Garmadon calmly replied. “This shall be delightful! Muahahaha!” Garmadon laughed evilly, then attacked with all four weapons.Kaito regained his focus. Fire, Lightning, Ice, and Earth swirled around him. His clothing became green, and a Ninja mask formed around his head. He had transformed... Into the Green Ninja! “Ninja... Go!” Kaito used his Spinjitzu, spinning in a green tornado. Garmadon, however, was far stronger, knocking him back with the incredible power of the Four Weapons. Kaito could barely see the blurry, shaking outline of Garmadon standing over him.“Foolish mortal,” taunted Garmadon. “Don’t you see that darkness always wins? I have already seized Ninjago, and I will not stop there! My skeleton army is all powerful! I will be able to control the whole world! Nothing can stand in my way! And I will destroy anyone who tries... starting with you!”“No! This ends now!” Kaito lashed out- and cut off Garmadon’s head. The dark lord’s hulking body fell one way, and his cranium rolled the other way. Suddenly, the blackness marring Garmadon’s skin receded, and his body began to shrink. Garmadon was reverting back to a human. His face was no longer demonic, but rather, quite human and strangely familiar. Kaito gasped. Garmadon’s face... was his own. He fell to his knees. He looked down at his hands and was horrified by the sight. Garmadon’s blood, on Kaito’s hands, was beginning to blacken and spread, mutating his body and dyeing his skin pitch black. Kaito felt the darkness spreading through him. He was becoming Garmadon. The disembodied head spoke.“You may have defeated me, Green Ninja, but you have not destroyed me. For, in murdering me, you have become the ultimate evil. It is to you that I shall pass on my sins. Farewell... brother...”The head disintegrated. Kaito was stricken with pain and horror as the realization hit him. He was no better than Garmadon. He was evil.“No! This cannot be!” lamented Kaito. Picking up his sword, he decided to end the darkness that had plagued Ninjago for years. He firmly gripped his sword, preparing himself- and struck himself through. He fell to the ground, choking and spitting blood. In his last moments, he saw the tower crumble to dust and the sun shining through the dark clouds. On his last breath, he whispered one final vow.“Now... Ninjago... is... at peace again... as long as I am dead... Ninjago is safe... safe.. for eternity...”Kaito closed his eyes. His transformation reversed itself as he slowly passed away. And once his heart stopped and his last flicker of life was extinguished, Ninjago was finally at peace once more. For eternity.

aouROFb.png

Very nice story. I like how you have a story behind your OC that I've seen in your MOCs. My only complaint is that some parts that I expected action seemed a bit short, but I understand for it being a short story contest. :P Also, the ending was quite interested. It was certainly not what I was expecting. :) My question regarding it was that having Kaito die, was there still any remaining life in Ninjago, because from what I assumed it later was only Kaito and Wu who were left.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Very nice story. I like how you have a story behind your OC that I've seen in your MOCs. My only complaint is that some parts that I expected action seemed a bit short, but I understand for it being a short story contest. :P Also, the ending was quite interested. It was certainly not what I was expecting. :) My question regarding it was that having Kaito die, was there still any remaining life in Ninjago, because from what I assumed it later was only Kaito and Wu who were left.
No, there are still people left, when I said Kaito and Wu were the only ones left, I meant they were the only survivors of Kaito's village. Also, yes, I cut out a lot, mostly because I'm not writing a whole TV season's worth of story :P

aouROFb.png

No, there are still people left, when I said Kaito and Wu were the only ones left, I meant they were the only survivors of Kaito's village. Also, yes, I cut out a lot, mostly because I'm not writing a whole TV season's worth of story :P
Okay. That all makes sense. :) Good luck in the contest!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm not a big fan of the violence... but other than that I have to say that you have done a pretty good job.good luck in the contest!

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

A very interesting story. I like the concept of Kaito becoming the new evil, and how he stops himself in the end. Overall, a nice plot. However, it did seem like the pacing was off. You spent plenty of time on the first battle, but then before I knew it, all of Ninjago was conquered, and I feel that you just skimmed over this when you could've gone more in depth into it. That's my main complaint, but I still liked the story's theme. Well done, and good luck in the contest!

:music: