Skeleton Dragon Wing Design

Takanuinuva

I want an opinion on these designs.I have 2 designs for wings I want to use for my Cuusoo Skeleton Dragon project. But I can't decide.Here are pics of both wings. The left one I like a lot and is less complex but the right one is more accurateBoth wings openhttp://upload.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/dragon_wing_1.pngBoth wings closedhttp://upload.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/dragon_wing_2.pngWhich one do you guys prefer.

Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Those are awesome, they would be great on a skeleton dragon. I'm especially fond of the one on the right, the creative use of those technic pieces (gosh, I need to work on my MOCing vocabulary), though if there was some way to maybe have small spikes on the right wing, it would be perfect (though I suppose it depends on how the rest of the dragon looks.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

The one on the right definitely looks much better. It resembles how an actual dragon wing is supposed to be constructed. I would, however, add articulation to the wing (the same kind of snap you used on the other wing design) and an extra appendage altogether to resemble where a thumb would be placed. But other than that I love the design. Solid work, my friend.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The one on the right definitely looks much better. It resembles how an actual dragon wing is supposed to be constructed. I would, however, add articulation to the wing (the same kind of snap you used on the other wing design) and an extra appendage altogether to resemble where a thumb would be placed. But other than that I love the design. Solid work, my friend. :tohu:
Thanks for that tip. I've modified both wing designs.

That's more like it. But I forgot to point out that you probably should also consider elongating the first and second fingers a bit. Another thing I'd do is change the extta appendage into a more curved piece in order to fit with the shaping of the claws (I would suggest the Mantax claws in this case). That's pretty much it.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

That's more like it. But I forgot to point out that you probably should also consider elongating the first and second fingers a bit. Another thing I'd do is change the extta appendage into a more curved piece in order to fit with the shaping of the claws (I would suggest the Mantax claws in this case). That's pretty much it. :tohu:
I would but I like the wings like that. Also my Skeleton dragon design is a 4 legged design so it wouldn't have claws on its wings.Here is a link to its cuusoo project.http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14687 Edited by Takanuinuva

Yeah, the one on the right is better. Except maybe you could attach a fin or two to the arm pieces, like the entire left wing is built. Other than that, I like it.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")