New Elemental Prefix - Lightning

Erebus

Greg Farshtey has revealed that the prefix for the element of Lightning is: VoPrefix: Vo (as in volts, not Voriki :()Preferred Region: Places with a lot of power (generator, power plant, etc.)So canonically, Matoran of Lightning are called Vo-Matoran.Keep in mind, this revelation has nothing to do with the polls in the Voting Booth.

Edited by Erebus
  • Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

I've always liked Vo as a prefix, even if it's an obvious choice. I always thought that the other prefixes derived from electrical terminology had an awkwardness about them. I mean, Amp-Matoran sounds like a Matoran who rocks out to death metal.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

This is very interesting. I hope more prefixes are revealed. The choice for this is very logical, and I'm getting used to it already.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Wow, I didn't think any more details on the other elements would be revealed.Since we happen to be voting on what we think the other prefixes and traits should be, could you ask Greg if he'd consider canonizing the results of those polls?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Awesome, it sounds really nice. Glad to have a name for Matoran of Lightning besides 'Matoran of Lightning.'So Nikila and Chiara were Vo-Matoran before they became Toa of Lightning.Yup, it sounds good. :PI hope we can get more answers from Greg soon, and once again thanks Erebus :)

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

And of course it's the obvious choice. Still nice to keep getting info from him, though.(I meeeean... No. It is Et-Matoran. I will accept nothing less.)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Vo-Matoran. I like the name. Its really nice to have another prefix name for a Matoran's element in the storyline. Though with Vo-Matoran liking places with a lot of power, I bet some of them visited Metru-Nui a lot before the Great Cataclysm occurred.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Could places with frequent electrical storms possibly count as "places with a lot of power"?Also, how should the preferred environment be described on BS01? "High-powered regions" or something along those lines?
I'd guess stormy places could count if they could harvest the power from it. Otherwise I wonder if they'd normally live in high-tech environments (well all of the Matoran Universe is high-tech but you know what I mean).
Great! That's one more element confirmed with details.Are there any details for their elemental manifestations? For example Ta-Matoran have fire resistance, and Ga Matoran can hold their breath, De Matoran have acute hearing.
Yes, it had already been revealed that Vo-Matoran are resistant to electric shocks.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Interesting that (in checking the poll since it has now died) this was also by far the most popular choice. You say it has nothing to do with it, but are you sure? Curious. :) (Or is it, "Great minds"? :P)Of course there are legal issues too, so we can't expect all the most popular ones to be canonized, just FTR.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If Greg doesn't have time to visit here, I don't think he has time to check out a poll =P. It's connected only in that it was one of the many options he had to choose from, some of which came from the poll. There was no mention of which was the most popular at any given point.

Would be nice if the most popular ones in the polls were canonized. Vo-Matoran works for me though.
Well, Greg also has to get prefixes approved, and I guess this is one of the last BIONICLE prefixes he got approved.
I don't think so in the case of prefixes like this just for the online community. As long as it won't be featured in any more official Lego material (which isn't likely), then I believe that he can give us simple prefixes, I could be mistaken though.

I thought he didn't have to get prefixes through Legal because they're just a couple letters put together.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Would be nice if the most popular ones in the polls were canonized. Vo-Matoran works for me though.
Well, Greg also has to get prefixes approved, and I guess this is one of the last BIONICLE prefixes he got approved.
I don't think so in the case of prefixes like this just for the online community. As long as it won't be featured in any more official Lego material (which isn't likely), then I believe that he can give us simple prefixes, I could be mistaken though.
No, I asked Greg about that a while back and he said even prefixes have to be approved by legal. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well' date=' Greg also has to get prefixes approved, and I guess this is one of the last BIONICLE prefixes he got approved.[/quote']Actually, this prefix should have been approved in 2003, with the Vo-Kraata.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

Well' date=' Greg also has to get prefixes approved, and I guess this is one of the last BIONICLE prefixes he got approved.[/quote']Actually, this prefix should have been approved in 2003, with the Vo-Kraata.
Smart but you ruined my hope greg found the name list back.. :(

I'm back!