• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

What would happen if visorak venom touched races besides toa?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Offline lasqur

lasqur
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 15 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:34 PM

Here i am a gain with random questions in bonicle. What would happen if visorak venom touched a Agori or vorox or skral or bone hunter or Vortixx or skadi or bohrok or matoran or turaga? Will they mutate as past toa have?

#2 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,027 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:36 PM

yes. that's what the venom does.

smilie_autobot.gifWe do what we must. Because we can.smilie_bumblebee.gif these smileys created by Click

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me on any of these.

#3 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:51 PM

I wonder if it works on Spherus Magna inhabitants. But yeah, just as we've seen it mutate Toa and Rahi, it could make Vortixx Hordika, Skakdi Hordika, Matoran Hordika, Conjurer's Species Hordika, etc.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#4 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,600 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:52 PM

... Agori or vorox or skral or bone hunter ...

Can't be sure about any Spherus Magnan races, as their physical makeup is significantly different. But I'd say there would be some effect on them, possibly even a more severe mutation since they're more organic.

... or Vortixx or skadi or bohrok or matoran or turaga? ...

Matoran, Turaga, Skakdi, and Vortixx are all "yes", as they are physically somewhat similar to (or, in the case of the last two you mentioned, the same species as) Toa.I'm uncertain about Bohrok, however- since they were formerly Matoran I'm inclined to say yes, but I think that after being transformed they become more mechanical...? So honestly, I don't know.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#5 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,287 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:57 PM

For Vortixx and other MU races, Visorak venom would have the same effect as it had on Toa, mostly.Bohrok also would probably have similar effects. The effects might be lessened due to their mechanical nature and single-mindedness, but they have an organic component - Krana - which can be affected.The effects on Agori/Glatorian/Bone Hunters/Skrall are unknown. Due to the fact that the venom was designed to work on MU inhabitants, it may have increased effects or no effects at all.The effects of the venom seem to be primarily organic in component, which point to that being primarily organic in effect. This would point to greater effects on the SM races, seeing at they are more organic than the MU beings.I'm kinda leaning toward the venom not having any effect at all, because the MU inhabitants are protodermic, and the venom works on protodermic beings, and the SMians are non-protodermic.It might not be limited in its effects to those, however (attacking aliens?) or the creators didn't intend it to work on SMians but it does, or Matoran organic parts being based on SM organics (tempted to rule that out due to protodermis)...A factor is whether the MUians have organic brains, as one of the key aspects of the venom is its mental effects.As for physical transformation, it would certainly have different effects due to the mostly organic SM beings. Given that the Hordika venom made the Toa Hordika physically stronger, it's possible that Hordika venom would just make SMians stronger. And crazy. If it even works at all.

Edited by fishers64, Nov 28 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#6 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members

• 1,600 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 05:59 PM

Given that the Hordika venom made the Toa Hordika physically stronger, it's possible that Hordika venom would just make SMians stronger. And crazy. If it even works at all.

What I wouldn't give to see a berserker-raging Vorox...

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#7 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,203 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 06:06 PM

It's a standard rule in Bionicle that powers work the same whether on protodermic matter or normal matter, so I think it would be essentially the same for all victims including Agori, etc.

#8 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2012 - 06:38 PM

I always thought the other beings will still get mutated. It's just that you usually see the effects of the venom on Toa.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#9 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member

• 4,287 posts

Posted Nov 29 2012 - 12:04 AM

It's a standard rule in Bionicle that powers work the same whether on protodermic matter or normal matter, so I think it would be essentially the same for all victims including Agori, etc.

This isn't a power of the Visorak, however. It's venom. Rattlesnake venom will have different effects on my computer than me. Or if I was a mad scientist and fused organic matter and normal matter to make something, that would react differently to the rattlesnake venom. If I found aliens on another planet, they might not have the same reaction to rattlesnake venom that I did. (Were it to be injected into their systems...)It's a substance, not a power. Toa of Water can manipulate normal and protodermic water, but this is a mutagenic substance with specific effects and properties.

#10 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,203 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 29 2012 - 12:09 AM

A substance with a power, that works even on the metal of their armor and Tools and such, actually. :)

#11 Offline Death of the Endless

Death of the Endless
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:13 PM

They would mutate into dragon people.

Obviously.

Or some other kind of beast-people.  Dragons are just what the Toa Metru got.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.  I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave." 

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

#12 Offline UltToaNovaJoshNova

UltToaNovaJoshNova
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 41 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:23 PM

I think that they would transform like any one else

TAHU
GALI
KOPAKA
ONUWA
POHATU

LEWA

TOA MATA/NOVA

JALLER
HALI
KONGU
MATORO
HEWIKII
NUPARU

TOA INIKA/MAHRI

#13 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 07:48 PM

It can mutate any MUans, but Spherus Magnans might be a different story. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#14 Offline Toa Talo

Toa Talo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 50 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 07 2012 - 10:24 PM

No clue once so ever so I would agree with bonesii probley would work the same way

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost  element of AWESOME.

#15 Online Katuko

Katuko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,048 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 07:22 PM

A substance with a power, that works even on the metal of their armor and Tools and such, actually. :)

But even if it is capable of changing metal, would it work on fully mechanical beings such as Exo-Toa, Bohrok, Baterra and Marendar?

rahkshi_elite_banner5b.png
Updated February 2014: Added new attacks for Toa of Iron, Plant Life and Psionics!
[ What YOU can do to help develop BIONICLE Fighter! ]
Click here for my: Art | BZP Blog | WordPress Blog

#16 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 07:26 PM

I doubt it could affect pure, unliving machines. It might work on Krana, though. I wonder what a Krana Hordika would be like.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#17 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members

• 1,600 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 08:20 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Maybe just a very savage angry Krana. :lol:[/color][/font]

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#18 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I mean, I wonder how that would affect its mental link with the Bahrag and ability to control Bohrok.

Anyway, I remembered that the Toa Metru's tools were transformed by the venom. So I guess it can alter non-living things, at least in certain circumstances.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

#19 Offline Baron Von Nebula

Baron Von Nebula
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 567 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hmmm... There were malfunctioning Vahki in Metru Nui during the Visorak invasion, right?  And I think the Visorak just destroyed those, whereas they mutated just about everything else.  This could point to pure machines being immune to Hordika venom.  But then, what would a Vahki Hordika be like?  Trying to enforce order, while being an animal? :???:

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!
The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."
-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

#20 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member

• 4,287 posts

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 01:22 AM

Even in the case of Krana, the powers and shape of the Bohrok would likely be altered by the venom. The possibilities are endless. 

#21 Offline Fabulous Sunshine

Fabulous Sunshine
  • Members
  • Diving Stealth

• 16,115 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 05:05 AM

Visorak venom has been shown, I think - been a while since I've read the books or the comics, to have mutated species other than Toa, such as Rahi and the like.

It probably doesn't work on pure metal, seeing that there aren't any organic bits to actually mutate. Might do something random though.

"It’s not Yggdrasil or Helheim you’re facing, it’s the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world."

- D.J. Sagara

3DS Friend Code: 4012-5263-3146

#22 Offline Core Jalokim

Core Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 119 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 02:44 PM

yes, they shall mutate. there is a picture of a Kikanalo being mutated by the venom in one of the comics.

this guy is a retired BNGer and is now a fully fledged bio-tuber.

#23 Offline tomdroidser

tomdroidser
  • Members

• 1,625 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 16 2012 - 11:42 PM

If Visorak venom comes into contact with beings from the Matoran Universe, then they will mutate into Hordika versions of themselves. If it were applied to Glatorian, Agori, and other Spherus Magna beings, then it would be harmless or life threatening. SM beings aren't from the Matoran Universe, so most likely not the same results.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Agents of B.I.O./S.H.I.E.L.D.: Prelude A

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
Topics: HF MOC Project WeaponsMaster

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

#24 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 2,839 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2012 - 08:27 PM

i really don't belive it would infect completely mechanical beings like bohrok. also imagine if it could infect vorox they are already bestial what more could they do in all honestly?

Heres an idea to throw out what if a visorak were able to infect a krana or a kraata? also what about organic kanohi like the toa inika's i mean i know the masks no longer exist but there is always the possibility that a alternate reality it could have happened.

aQ85UI0.png

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Celis-Draeverian 'DJ'-Chivinix-Darvin

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

#25 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hmmm... There were malfunctioning Vahki in Metru Nui during the Visorak invasion, right?  And I think the Visorak just destroyed those, whereas they mutated just about everything else.  This could point to pure machines being immune to Hordika venom.  But then, what would a Vahki Hordika be like?  Trying to enforce order, while being an animal? :???:

Those were just overcharged Vahki due to the Cataclysm. I doubt that the Hordika venom can affect fully mechnical beings, but stranger things had happened.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#26 Offline ToaN

ToaN
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, Agori are mostly organic, just with some mechanical implants. The MU inhabitants are about the opposite, mostly mechanical with some organic components. Which does the venom effect more. the mechanical or the organic?

If it effects the mechanical, it probably could mutate Bohrok or Vahki. If it effects organic, it wouldn't, but it might effect Agori, Skrall, etc.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

#27 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:17 AM

It is weird because I was given the impression that the Hordika venom is more effective on organic components, but then the organic beings seem to have higher resistance to mutagens as far as I am concerned XD

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#28 Offline ToaN

ToaN
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:56 AM

Now that I think about it must have a great effect on inorganic matter, because it was able to completely change the Toa Metru's weapons and masks, even remove their mask powers.

It boils down to the question of weather Hordika venom possess an actual power, or just changes anything it touches through some sort of chemical reaction or something?

#29 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 18,203 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 02:57 AM

Now that I think about it must have a great effect on inorganic matter, because it was able to completely change the Toa Metru's weapons and masks, even remove their mask powers.

It boils down to the question of weather Hordika venom possess an actual power, or just changes anything it touches through some sort of chemical reaction or something?

It's a power. BTW, though, I think it only disabled their ability to use mask powers, while fusing the masks to their faces, rather than changing powers. But it did grant them the ability to use Rhotuka, and channel their elemental powers through that, so yes, it does alter powers too (in addition to non-biological objects).

A mere chemical reaction wouldn't alter shapes of weapons and the like (and likely not the shape of armor and metal skeleton systems, etc. either; it would likely be fatal for biomechanical beings).

#30 Offline ToaN

ToaN
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 04:09 PM

Then it might effect Agori, Skrall, etc. If its a power. Like you said before, powers seem to effect SM inhabitants just as much as MU inhabitants. They would probably mutate like everyone else.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users