What would happen if visorak venom touched races besides toa?

lasqur

I wonder if it works on Spherus Magna inhabitants. But yeah, just as we've seen it mutate Toa and Rahi, it could make Vortixx Hordika, Skakdi Hordika, Matoran Hordika, Conjurer's Species Hordika, etc.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

... Agori or vorox or skral or bone hunter ...
Can't be sure about any Spherus Magnan races, as their physical makeup is significantly different. But I'd say there would be some effect on them, possibly even a more severe mutation since they're more organic.
... or Vortixx or skadi or bohrok or matoran or turaga? ...
Matoran, Turaga, Skakdi, and Vortixx are all "yes", as they are physically somewhat similar to (or, in the case of the last two you mentioned, the same species as) Toa.I'm uncertain about Bohrok, however- since they were formerly Matoran I'm inclined to say yes, but I think that after being transformed they become more mechanical...? So honestly, I don't know.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

For Vortixx and other MU races, Visorak venom would have the same effect as it had on Toa, mostly.Bohrok also would probably have similar effects. The effects might be lessened due to their mechanical nature and single-mindedness, but they have an organic component - Krana - which can be affected.The effects on Agori/Glatorian/Bone Hunters/Skrall are unknown. Due to the fact that the venom was designed to work on MU inhabitants, it may have increased effects or no effects at all.The effects of the venom seem to be primarily organic in component, which point to that being primarily organic in effect. This would point to greater effects on the SM races, seeing at they are more organic than the MU beings.I'm kinda leaning toward the venom not having any effect at all, because the MU inhabitants are protodermic, and the venom works on protodermic beings, and the SMians are non-protodermic.It might not be limited in its effects to those, however (attacking aliens?) or the creators didn't intend it to work on SMians but it does, or Matoran organic parts being based on SM organics (tempted to rule that out due to protodermis)...A factor is whether the MUians have organic brains, as one of the key aspects of the venom is its mental effects.As for physical transformation, it would certainly have different effects due to the mostly organic SM beings. Given that the Hordika venom made the Toa Hordika physically stronger, it's possible that Hordika venom would just make SMians stronger. And crazy. If it even works at all.

Edited by fishers64

Given that the Hordika venom made the Toa Hordika physically stronger, it's possible that Hordika venom would just make SMians stronger. And crazy. If it even works at all.
What I wouldn't give to see a berserker-raging Vorox...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It's a standard rule in Bionicle that powers work the same whether on protodermic matter or normal matter, so I think it would be essentially the same for all victims including Agori, etc.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's a standard rule in Bionicle that powers work the same whether on protodermic matter or normal matter, so I think it would be essentially the same for all victims including Agori, etc.
This isn't a power of the Visorak, however. It's venom. Rattlesnake venom will have different effects on my computer than me. Or if I was a mad scientist and fused organic matter and normal matter to make something, that would react differently to the rattlesnake venom. If I found aliens on another planet, they might not have the same reaction to rattlesnake venom that I did. (Were it to be injected into their systems...)It's a substance, not a power. Toa of Water can manipulate normal and protodermic water, but this is a mutagenic substance with specific effects and properties.

A substance with a power, that works even on the metal of their armor and Tools and such, actually. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

They would mutate into dragon people.

Obviously.

Or some other kind of beast-people. Dragons are just what the Toa Metru got.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

I doubt it could affect pure, unliving machines. It might work on Krana, though. I wonder what a Krana Hordika would be like.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Yeah, I mean, I wonder how that would affect its mental link with the Bahrag and ability to control Bohrok.

Anyway, I remembered that the Toa Metru's tools were transformed by the venom. So I guess it can alter non-living things, at least in certain circumstances.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Hmmm... There were malfunctioning Vahki in Metru Nui during the Visorak invasion, right? And I think the Visorak just destroyed those, whereas they mutated just about everything else. This could point to pure machines being immune to Hordika venom. But then, what would a Vahki Hordika be like? Trying to enforce order, while being an animal? :???:

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Visorak venom has been shown, I think - been a while since I've read the books or the comics, to have mutated species other than Toa, such as Rahi and the like.

It probably doesn't work on pure metal, seeing that there aren't any organic bits to actually mutate. Might do something random though.

If Visorak venom comes into contact with beings from the Matoran Universe, then they will mutate into Hordika versions of themselves. If it were applied to Glatorian, Agori, and other Spherus Magna beings, then it would be harmless or life threatening. SM beings aren't from the Matoran Universe, so most likely not the same results.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i really don't belive it would infect completely mechanical beings like bohrok. also imagine if it could infect vorox they are already bestial what more could they do in all honestly?

Heres an idea to throw out what if a visorak were able to infect a krana or a kraata? also what about organic kanohi like the toa inika's i mean i know the masks no longer exist but there is always the possibility that a alternate reality it could have happened.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmmm... There were malfunctioning Vahki in Metru Nui during the Visorak invasion, right? And I think the Visorak just destroyed those, whereas they mutated just about everything else. This could point to pure machines being immune to Hordika venom. But then, what would a Vahki Hordika be like? Trying to enforce order, while being an animal? :???:

Those were just overcharged Vahki due to the Cataclysm. I doubt that the Hordika venom can affect fully mechnical beings, but stranger things had happened.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Well, Agori are mostly organic, just with some mechanical implants. The MU inhabitants are about the opposite, mostly mechanical with some organic components. Which does the venom effect more. the mechanical or the organic?

If it effects the mechanical, it probably could mutate Bohrok or Vahki. If it effects organic, it wouldn't, but it might effect Agori, Skrall, etc.

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

It is weird because I was given the impression that the Hordika venom is more effective on organic components, but then the organic beings seem to have higher resistance to mutagens as far as I am concerned XD

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Now that I think about it must have a great effect on inorganic matter, because it was able to completely change the Toa Metru's weapons and masks, even remove their mask powers.

It boils down to the question of weather Hordika venom possess an actual power, or just changes anything it touches through some sort of chemical reaction or something?

The BZPower Chat is alive!

Join at: http://xat.com/thebzpc

I am ToaN, from the N continuum...

Now that I think about it must have a great effect on inorganic matter, because it was able to completely change the Toa Metru's weapons and masks, even remove their mask powers.

It boils down to the question of weather Hordika venom possess an actual power, or just changes anything it touches through some sort of chemical reaction or something?

It's a power. BTW, though, I think it only disabled their ability to use mask powers, while fusing the masks to their faces, rather than changing powers. But it did grant them the ability to use Rhotuka, and channel their elemental powers through that, so yes, it does alter powers too (in addition to non-biological objects).

A mere chemical reaction wouldn't alter shapes of weapons and the like (and likely not the shape of armor and metal skeleton systems, etc. either; it would likely be fatal for biomechanical beings).