Galaxy Squad, City, TECHNIC and Creator sets on Shop@Home

I'm still well and truly psyched for Galaxy Squad, but some of those price tags are dreadful. I can forgive a set for not being within the golden ratio--especially with inflation and all--but the Space Swarmer is twelve dollars for well under 100 pieces, and the Star Slicer has almost the exact same piece count as the Warp Stinger, but is inexplicably ten dollars pricier. Thankfully, the sheer awesome-factor offsets this somewhat.

"Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I'm still well and truly psyched for Galaxy Squad, but some of those price tags are dreadful. I can forgive a set for not being within the golden ratio--especially with inflation and all--but the Space Swarmer is twelve dollars for well under 100 pieces, and the Star Slicer has almost the exact same piece count as the Warp Stinger, but is inexplicably ten dollars pricier. Thankfully, the sheer awesome-factor offsets this somewhat.

"Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

Inexplicably? Look at the parts that are included. The Star Slicer features a bunch of large Hero Factory and System parts, whereas the Warp Stinger doesn't use many large parts at all. It's a perfect illustration of how price-per-piece is a poor judge of a set's value, since some parts just cost more to produce.

Personally, however, I do prefer the Warp Stinger. But that's a matter of aesthetics, not value.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Inexplicably? Look at the parts that are included. The Star Slicer features a bunch of large Hero Factory and System parts, whereas the Warp Stinger doesn't use many large parts at all. It's a perfect illustration of how price-per-piece is a poor judge of a set's value, since some parts just cost more to produce.

Personally, however, I do prefer the Warp Stinger. But that's a matter of aesthetics, not value.

Bleh. I didn't even think to look at that. Ten dollars more still seems a bit extreme to me, but that's probably just my case of "College Student's Wallet syndrome" kicking in.

But what about Chima? ;-;

There was an article on the front page just a few days ago about how Chima isn't being released until the 26th. So we'll have to wait a bit longer for that, unfortunately.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Still no Chima sets on Shop@Home. However, there will be a lot of promotional material for Chima in LEGO stores in January, so that will be fun. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.