Beeeeebo!

Nukaya

Beebo is my friend's cat. My friend wants to steal my cat and leave Beebo in her place, I decided to make my friend a mini version of Beebo looking at a cup of food in a disgruntled manner, based off of this photo of Kim Jong-Beebo looking at things with his BFF FOR LYFE Kim Jong-Il.

This was fun to make. Making animals out of LEGO like this is fun. Until you run out of slope pieces.

8236156004_5fd2000493_c.jpg

8235092323_5af7cc3acc_c.jpg

8235092419_e305ca312b_z.jpg

ah that's kinda of cute i sould create something like this for my cat although he is a black, white and grey cat. although i'm not sure what's suppose to be in the blue thing but i like the way you even used a piece to make a collar type thing.

overall i'm no expert especially when it comes to bricks i more so only deal with bionicle pieces but i give it 4.5/5 my only thing is i think there should be some form of eyes on it

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

ah that's kinda of cute i sould create something like this for my cat although he is a black, white and grey cat. although i'm not sure what's suppose to be in the blue thing but i like the way you even used a piece to make a collar type thing.

overall i'm no expert especially when it comes to bricks i more so only deal with bionicle pieces but i give it 4.5/5 my only thing is i think there should be some form of eyes on it

"I decided to make my friend a mini version of Beebo looking at a cup of food".

There is no possible way to get eyes on something that scale of MOC. And those angle pieces don't come in a version with a stud on the side to add on to. Thanks for the feedback, though?

Edited by Nukaya

Eiiiieee I love your Beebo. He's been sitting on our dining table for the weekend and that makes me happy. <3 He's absolutely adorable and I love how smooth he looks. Someday when we get our Karkitty, I wanna commission a Nukaya MOC of him (her??) In the meantime, maybe a Kanaya Purryam would be a sweet thing to see next! ;D

"I decided to make my friend a mini version of Beebo looking at a cup of food".

There is no possible way to get eyes on something that scale of MOC. And those angle pieces don't come in a version with a stud on the side to add on to. Thanks for the feedback, though?

#quote end

There are wedge pieces at that scale that have eyes on the sides. I've seen those.

Anyway, good MOC with excellent use of colors. Although I don't know why a cat would be eating out of a cup. Maybe that's why he's so picky?

Edited by fishers64

There are wedge pieces at that scale that have eyes on the sides. I've seen those.

But those would look ugly. And this is supposed to look cute and adorable and it succeeds. I love Beebo, and I can't get the image of him and his cup of catfood and/or coffee nursing poor Sarge back to health after his nasty fall.

Nice job Nuknak!

-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

Yep, this looks great without eyes. I've been following several builders who create figures at this scale for a couple years now, and they say that the key to creating good expression in characters is to leave out the eyes. If you put them in at this scale they end up looking blank and awkward, rather than letting the viewer impose the eyes on the model with their imagination. This is the entire reason miniland scale works so well, and the same principle applies to this cat. I could go into depth about this and rant for a couple pages, but I think this explanation should suffice.Anyways, just felt like that needed to be clarified since it's become a point of debate. The model looks great, and I particularly like the use of cones for ears. I think this is far more effective than the cheese slopes that people often use for cats around this scale.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Yep, this looks great without eyes. I've been following several builders who create figures at this scale for a couple years now, and they say that the key to creating good expression in characters is to leave out the eyes. If you put them in at this scale they end up looking blank and awkward, rather than letting the viewer impose the eyes on the model with their imagination. This is the entire reason miniland scale works so well, and the same principle applies to this cat. I could go into depth about this and rant for a couple pages, but I think this explanation should suffice.Anyways, just felt like that needed to be clarified since it's become a point of debate. The model looks great, and I particularly like the use of cones for ears. I think this is far more effective than the cheese slopes that people often use for cats around this scale.

Janus and Kakaru, thank you for saying what I kept forgetting to post about this because I went to work and forgot to ever respond when I got home 10 hours later. I think Beebo would have looked kind of creepy with eyes as well, especially the large O eyes that most angle pieces that I found had.

Also, the cones for ears was Pat's idea! I think it works really well, and when I do more mini animals, I'll definitely use cones if they have upright ears.