Rahi in Karda-Nui

Recently in the Thousand Years Untold 2 Contest the winning entry, or at least the one that received to most votes, included the existence of Nui-Kopen in Karda-Nui's swamps, and even if this is not technical canon, I believe there were also other Rahi besides that living there "conanally" as well. So what I'm confused about is how they got there?I know Mutran brought some Rahi when he came, but there were also others living there long before the Makuta arrived, so...?*my phone cut my topic off before I finished which led to the edit, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Loading...

Just what are you asking? If there are or aren't Rahi in Karda Nui?

I'd say that there are some. We know that the klak live there, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were certain varieties of Rahi, especially flying ones, inhabiting the core as well (although some obviously couldn't survive in the swamps).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I always got the impression that the entry portal was not particularly protected, but just the location wasn't well known. This could mean Rahi near the portal could have passed in easily enough. I could be wrong about this though. Doubtless there were plenty of unique Rahi there thanks to Mutran though.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

like others have said i think it is just some flew in through the giant hole in the ceiling and if you notice there were no like land rahi they were all flying or water/amphibious ones since i mean one's that fly would have the easiest time getting in and the water one's most likely were just washed in when the water started flooding it.

what i'm always been curious about is how long would it have taken for the whole of karda nui to flood with water

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well part of the reason for Karda-Nui's unique inhabitants is due to the swamps of Karda-Nui containing Pit Mutagen (From The Pit): which basically mutates any inhabitants unlucky enough to fall in to it.

Well yes of course, but I think the question and topic at hand pertains to other Rahi, not necessarily mutated ones. And keep in mind, not everything in Karda Nui has been altered by the mutagen. ;)

but their spirits

Well part of the reason for Karda-Nui's unique inhabitants is due to the swamps of Karda-Nui containing Pit Mutagen (From The Pit): which basically mutates any inhabitants unlucky enough to fall in to it.

Yeah! Which makes me wonder why Vamprah didn't mutate when he flew through the waterfall. Oh, weren't the Rahi from the Mistika game in '08 canon Rahi?

new_sig_legacy_2.png

Yeah! Which makes me wonder why Vamprah didn't mutate when he flew through the waterfall. Oh, weren't the Rahi from the Mistika game in '08 canon Rahi?
Maybe Vamprah didn't have a long enough exposure for the mutagen to take effect?I think the Rahi were canon Rahi, yes...

Which makes me wonder why Vamprah didn't mutate when he flew through the waterfall.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that, being just antidermis in armor, there was nothing to mutate. Or perhaps the shape-shifted state of the Kardakuta somehow nullified the mutagen?

but their spirits

Which makes me wonder why Vamprah didn't mutate when he flew through the waterfall.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that, being just antidermis in armor, there was nothing to mutate. Or perhaps the shape-shifted state of the Kardakuta somehow nullified the mutagen?

The Mistika Makuta were mutated by the mutagen. That's why they couldn't shape-shift.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

No, the other Kardakuta were mutated by the it when they were immersed in the swamp water, so that's out.Edit: Ninja'd. Edited by fishers64

But wait just one minute. The energy storm that goes on when Mata Nui is awake destroys every thing in Karda Nui. So there must have been no Rahi living there until Makuta Teridax put the Great Spirit to sleep, and then they all immigrated to Karda Nui through openings in the dome, such as the water fall or the western entrance.

Edit: This also means that there are no Rahi living there now (unless they moved there after Teridax was killed).

Edited by Pikiru

Sorry, I misspoke before. What I meant was that since they were already altered by the mutagen, maybe that prevented them from being further changed...? Eh, I have no idea. :lol:

#end quoteBut the Makuta up in the sky didn't even come in contact with the mutagen.Edit: Ninja'd again! :lol: Edited by fishers64

That's ok, we all make mistakes like that. Nothing to worry about. ;)

Back on topic, there wouldn't have been any in Karda Nui before Mata Nui went night-night due to the energy storm. Also, wouldn't there be some aquatic Rahi from the Black Water in the swamp?

Pretty sure there was, the swamp was described as having all sorts of strange creatures.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

That's ok, we all make mistakes like that. Nothing to worry about. ;) Back on topic, there wouldn't have been any in Karda Nui before Mata Nui went night-night due to the energy storm. Also, wouldn't there be some aquatic Rahi from the Black Water in the swamp?

Pretty sure there was, the swamp was described as having all sorts of strange creatures.
#end quoteWouldn't they have died from the fall from the ceiling?

The only way water/land creatures survive that fall is if the water's impact zone has created a fairly deep lake (actually -really- deep, compared to the shallowish water of the rest). Most of the concept art actually shows all the "swamp" as very deep, in fact, so maybe that is actually canon at that point, but it's canon that elsewhere it's shallow, so it's unlikely.

However, such creatures might have been brought into there by other means; unsure.

Basically, we don't know if there could be others besides those mentioned canonically and used for that S&T contest entry.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)