Sarge from Red vs Blue

dviddy

So for Brickfiesta 2011, Black Six, Innerrayg, Nukaya, and I went to the Rooster Teeth studios, in Austin, where they "film" Red vs Blue. It was really cool, and afterwards, I decided I needed to watch the series. So fast-forward to October of this year, and Nukaya and I marathoned the entire ten seasons. It was awesome, and after, I knew I had to build one of the characters. So I settled on Sarge. All I know of Halo I know from Red vs Blue.sarge00.jpg sarge01.jpg_thumb.jpg | sarge02.jpg_thumb.jpg | sarge03.jpg_thumb.jpg | sarge04.jpg_thumb.jpg | sarge05.jpg_thumb.jpg | sarge06.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black Six

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Have you seen Retinence's Spartan MOC?

Yes, and I think it's a lot less faithful to the Spartan designs than this one. (Though his is based off of a different set of armour entirely). I think his look like kids trying to wear their parents' clothing.

I love you.

So here's what's weird:

-The shotgun looks cobbled together: not very faithful. If this was a throwaway weapon, I wouldn't care. But this is Sarge's shotgun. It's iconic. I feel you could have done better.

-The helmet uses all the right pieces. But the red "teeth" pieces you use for the brim should be black, not red. It'll look nicer, and it's more accurate to the Mark IV design I think you were going for. Also why is the "mouth" black?

-Oh also the "D.Viddy" hand design. It's that uncanny valley thing with the three fingers. You can't really fix it, but it needs to be mentioned.

Otherwise, perfect. You best be bringin it to BFVA13 with the Nakodile.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

dang i've never played halo so i have no idea who the character is but none the less awesome love the helmet especially way you used the gold nuva armor as a visor but my most favorite part is the feet and actual gun. the hands seem a little odd

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

very nice. I love that you used nuva armor in the head! (took me awhile to figure out what piece it was.)

never seen the show, so I can't say how accurate it looks. but it sure looks nice.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I love you.

So here's what's weird:

-The shotgun looks cobbled together: not very faithful. If this was a throwaway weapon, I wouldn't care. But this is Sarge's shotgun. It's iconic. I feel you could have done better.

-The helmet uses all the right pieces. But the red "teeth" pieces you use for the brim should be black, not red. It'll look nicer, and it's more accurate to the Mark IV design I think you were going for. Also why is the "mouth" black?

-Oh also the "D.Viddy" hand design. It's that uncanny valley thing with the three fingers. You can't really fix it, but it needs to be mentioned.

Otherwise, perfect. You best be bringin it to BFVA13 with the Nakodile.

The Nakodile is actually built by Maddison, I just used it for size comparisons. Also to show it off because it's cute!

I'm not entirely sure how the shotgun looks not very faithful, it's literally an exact replica as far as the medium allowed as I saw it. It's the same size, has the same build, even has the light thing on the inside. I built it to the exact design used in the games.

In the pictures I based the MOC off of, the helmet looks more like a construction hat than in the earlier styles. I think it might be the Halo 3 design? Not sure. But the "brim" was the same colour as the helmet in that version. Also, the black bit is because there's a very noticeable black spot right below the visor that I've always thought looked kind of like a dog nose.

Also I feel like the hands get the job done, and in order to add more fingers, it has to be either longer or thicker, and neither works for me.

Alright, so we both know you and I rarely see eye to eye on anything.We're seeing eye to eye on this.It's a very well built model, good blend of Bionicle, HF and System parts.I have to agree with Makaru, the shotgun feels... I dunno, it isn't quite right yet. It's a good effort, but it's not there just yet. Helmet is fine for me, to be proper with the H1-H3 helmets the "teeth" should be black, but H4 does indeed change that up to be the same as the armor color I believe.It is a good design overall, and I think it's time to build Caboose to go with it. Chop chop :P

bzpsig2015.png

Oh, this is just fantastic.

I'm only passingly familiar with the Halo series, be it games or books, but I know enough to say that this MOC has so many different aspects blend together to give a real impression of the armor from the series that I'm almost blown away by it. Coupled with the poses you got out of the design, I don't know what you could expand upon to make it much better.

Really great work here.

Another amazing blend of parts :­j

I think this is the perfect scale for this kind of MOC. The use of the gold in the visor is much better then other attempts such as using yellow or keetorange. Really nice way pulling that off while retaining the recognizable shape. Aside for very minimal gaps, the shaping and colors are near perfect on this. I love the forearm technique you used, and the shoulders look very sculpted and well thought out. I would maybe want to see this with one of those 2x2 round pieces with rounded bottoms. Just to make it seem less flat. The shins look great, as do the feet.

Overall, it looks great at almost any angle, another marvel by Deevs!

Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Dude, nice integration of Hero Factory parts. As ever you're still the best when it comes to fusing different 'classes' of Lego parts. I especially love the use of nuva shoulder armor for the faceplate. Very cool.

I'm repeating others when I say the shotgun looks a bit off. Too snipery, I think.

But man, awesome. I want one.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Dude, this thing looks great in pictures, but it looks like a bazillion times better in real life. Seriously the proportions, the colours--man everything about this MOC is right on the money. I especially love the head.

So now make a Caboose!

-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

I literally have not seen a MOC in ages, so I've had no idea how far these techniques have come. I wouldn't be able to give you any sort of educated commentary. I do, however, absolutely love this.I've been watching RvB since 2005 and am still a huge, huge fan of the series. In every way, this is relevant to my interests. Bang up job.

Ground control to Major Tom.

You're an amazing human being. That's awesome! The helmet looks spot on (if its the Mark V), and the hands and legs look great as well. The weapons look incredible. Everything from the colors and pieces compliment each other well.

Now, you gotta to build the Chupathingy. :P

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

This is the best MOC ever. Of all time.

And other iconic RvB references.

Seriously, this is amazing. The attention to detail is superb.

This!

So darn good! From one RVB fan to another!

So, if I may give you this humble request...

MAINE MAINE MAINE MAINE MAINE MAINE MAINE MAINE. C'mon, he's got a kick- broom!

Please leave a more constructive comment next time.

~Makaru

Hey. Why did mine say "Leave a more constructive comment? - The post above me and below me also say great job, etc... yet they are not given such a statement. Hmm?

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE

But seriously, awesome job. I especially like the way you made the visor, it looks just like a Halo helmet.

-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Aw, the pic had me fooled! I thought Lego was making a Halo theme.

Still, this is awesome! Now my knowledge is the reverse of yours: I know nothing about Red vs. Blue aside from the stuff I already know from canon Halo and the games!

Overall, the armor's good. Instantly recognized it as Halo stuff. The Shotgun, as Makaru said, barely looks like one. I wasn't sure what that was when I looked at it.

The pistol is better, but I only recognized it because of its size and its one-hand wielding.

The legs are a bit thin, but overall they do the job.

The hands look like Elite hands. Since all you know of Halo is from RvB, I think that warrants explanation. Note the hand design of the Elite in this picture.

Helmet is easily the best part of this.

Overall, it's cool, recognizable, and a great first Halo MOC. You could make even more of these, if you had the time, pieces, and desire to do it.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

This has to be one of my favorite MOC's I have seen so far. It truly is awesome from the ground up. I like the fitting together of pieces on the feet, belt, helmet, and torso.

The only thing that seems out of place is the knee guards. The angle they protrude from the shinguard looks strange to me. I also would have put some smooth plating on the stud group near the shoulders to give it a smoother look.

How long did it take you to come up with this? It looks great?

elementalussal.png

It's hard for me to imagine you and Nukaya watching RvB, but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed this MOC. ;)

Perhaps you could work on a scene for BrickFair 2013?

I started watching it when the first season started because a friend I had during middle school said he thought I would find it funny. Turns out he was right. I'm not really sure how it would be hard to imagine me and/or Pat watching it.

Anyways, love the MOC, and I'm glad you finally posted it even though I saw it every day for a while because it would either be in my or your room while you worked on it. It is nice to see it online now! I am glad you used my Nakodile for size comparison. That should totes be a thing now. I really really love the helmet still because it looks so simple but it communicates so much accuracy-wise to Sarge's actual helmet.

Shotgun-wise, I am looking at the picture you based it off of, and it looks pretty darn close to how you built it. It's a tiny big gappy, but that is really just the nature of LEGO pieces.

Also 10/10, KUTGW, A+ for effort, would buy again, you get a star! and you get a star! and you get a star! and everyone gets a full fledged universe of stars!!!

Dirtbag!

It's hard for me to imagine you and Nukaya watching RvB, but I'm certainly glad you enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed this MOC. ;)

Perhaps you could work on a scene for BrickFair 2013?

I started watching it when the first season started because a friend I had during middle school said he thought I would find it funny. Turns out he was right. I'm not really sure how it would be hard to imagine me and/or Pat watching it.

Anyways, love the MOC, and I'm glad you finally posted it even though I saw it every day for a while because it would either be in my or your room while you worked on it. It is nice to see it online now! I am glad you used my Nakodile for size comparison. That should totes be a thing now. I really really love the helmet still because it looks so simple but it communicates so much accuracy-wise to Sarge's actual helmet.

Shotgun-wise, I am looking at the picture you based it off of, and it looks pretty darn close to how you built it. It's a tiny big gappy, but that is really just the nature of LEGO pieces.

Also 10/10, KUTGW, A+ for effort, would buy again, you get a star! and you get a star! and you get a star! and everyone gets a full fledged universe of stars!!!

Dirtbag!

My apologies. It's just something I never considered.

rawrrrr2.png

Goodness, this is amazing! I've certainly been "Sarge'd" by this build ;)

I'm curious about the MJOLNIR visor piece... what exactly is it o-o? And could we get a close up of the Magnum xD?

I think it is takanuva's shoulder pad.

Edited by BioSlayer

My lego.com name is frodobaggins29, And I am bioslayer on eurobricks.
I am a Lego Brand Retail employee.

Goodness, this is amazing! I've certainly been "Sarge'd" by this build ;)

I'm curious about the MJOLNIR visor piece... what exactly is it o-o? And could we get a close up of the Magnum xD?

I think it is takanuva's shoulder pad.

I think he means the forehead thing, the edge of the helmet extended over the gold piece. I could be wrong, though.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Pretty neat, the helmet is my favorite part. Pretty much everything I know about Halo (which really isn't too much) comes from a few episodes of RvB and some multiplayer matches with friends, and the helmet helped me instantly notice that it was a Halo MOC.

Anyways, the MOC is pretty impressive, it looks pretty much just how I'd expect a Halo Lego set to look. Keep up the good work!

• 5 months later...

So I was digging through some news and this popped up. Needless to say, I can tell why it popped up on news.

Gonna, like, spam this towards Rooster Teeth now or something. The one issue I have would be the shotgun, which, honestly, could have been either made a lot better or simply taken from the Halo themes from megablocks - Its iconic.

Also, totally not the reason for writing this but Season 11 began last friday on their official site.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Gotta be careful with replying to topics from old news stories, though. The revival limit in BBC is 20 days, and this topic hasn't gotten a post in around six months! So, next time, please check the date of the last post before replying to avoid topic revival. Thanks!

For this one, though, revived topic closed~