Ninjago Short Story Contest Entry: I am the Green Ninja

Name: Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823

This is my entry into the Ninjago Short-Story contest, I hope you enjoy.

I Am The Green Ninja

My name is Kai, and little did I know, I was destined to be the Green Ninja. My journey to become him started but a couple weeks ago, when my three brothers and I discovered a scroll which was meant to be kept from us. On that scroll, it depicted a prophecy; one which stated that one ninja will rise above the rest and become the Green Ninja. I immediately knew it was I, and I began to push my limits in order to master myself and my Golden Weapon in hopes of allowing me to unlock my full potential and become the Chose One.

Later in that week, my brothers and I were called to the nearby village on an account of snake-like creatures terrorizing the village. I thought to myself, “This is it; this is my chance to prove myself!” My brothers and I hopped onto our dragons and flew to the village. We were met there by the ancient snake-people known as the Serpentine, a race of beings consisting of 5 tribes. We had just encountered the first one, known as the Hypnobrai. They have a special power to hypnotize beings and have them do their will. Somehow, it seemed Lloyd Garmadon, the son of the Dark Lord, had taken control of them. We easily put a stop to them and drew them out. We returned to out monastery to find it burned to the ground. I was enraged. Had my sister not calmed me, I would have killed all of us.

Next came our encounter with the Fangpyre, Jay received words that his parent’s junkyard was under attack by more snake-people. We immediately investigated and found that once again, Lloyd Garmadon had released another tribe of the Serpentine. Once again, we drove them out, and hoped for the best for Ninjago.

The next day, we were called again; the snakes were up to their mischief again. This time, the two tribes were together, and were being led by the last survivor member of the third tribe, the Anocondrai, Pythor. They put up a good fight, and in the end, we had to rescue Lloyd. I really do not like that kid; he is the son of my arch-enemy.

Two days later, we found that the Serpentine were trying to release the other two tribes. “Big deal,” I thought, just more snakes for us to defeat. Besides, I needed more time to train to become the Green Ninja, so I thought. In the end, they released the other two tribes, the Venomari and the Constrictai. Sensei told us that this was not good and that Pythor must have had a much larger plot to this.

In fact, he did, and over the next few days we had learned four things. One, that the Serpentine were planning on gathering four Fang-Blades to summon the Great Devourer who would ultimately consume everything. Two, we, the Ninjas, are getting bad at this, the Serpentine have already acquired three of three of the Fang-Blades. Three, Lord Garmadon has returned, for Sensei went to the Nether-World and retrieved him to help us get his son back. Finally, four, that I am a terrible ninja, for my other three brothers had all unlocked their true potential, all of them but me. I was determined to unlock my full potential, for I knew that when I did, I would become the Green Ninja.

The day after Lord Garmadon returned, we received a warning that the Serpentine were heading to the fire temple, the place in which I had gotten my Golden Weapon. I thought, “What a perfect place to become the Green Ninja.”We ran into the Serpentine there, and because they were losing, the Serpentine caused the volcano to begin to erupt. Things were not looking good; everyone had escaped but Lloyd and me. I was faced with a decision, either save Lloyd and be a hero or grab the Fang-Blade mere yards away and sacrifice Lloyd’s life. I realized I could not become the Green Ninja if I allowed selfishness to hold me back, if I was to be the Green Ninja I had to be willing to sacrifice a win to save a life. I began to leap to Lloyd, I grabbed a hold of him, and we began the ascent up the inside of the volcano. The lava was feet behind us; I thought it was all over for me. Then, all of a sudden, I felt something within myself, as though someone had flipped a light switch. I did not realize it at first, but Lloyd and I were consumed within a fireball, a fireball I had created, and I controlled. I had unlocked my full potential. I flew us towards the Bounty, our new home, and landed on the deck. Everyone was very relieved and ecstatic that I had unlocked my full potential. I explained my epiphany, and instantaneously as I finished, my Sword of Fire floated vertically in front of me. Before I could say anything, my brothers Golden Weapons surrounded me, and a flurry of energy rushed through my body. Sensei looked very surprised and said, “Well Kai, it appears you are the Green Ninja after all.” My brothers, while I knew they were jealous, I knew were also proud of me. Sensei retired to his room to retrieve the Green Ninja robe he had constructed for the Green Ninja and presented it to me. I put it on and said, “I am the Green Ninja.”

After my becoming the Green Ninja, the mood of everything seemed to change. My brothers were more reserved around me. I felt terrible, for I felt as though I had made them think that they were inferior in skill. I realized however, I must put these thoughts behind me and move on, for as the Green Ninja I had to focus on my destiny, and that is to defeat Garmadon. The day after my transformation, we received yet another distress signal. We were rather surprised by this, for we thought that the snakes may celebrate for a day because of their acquisition of the Fangblades. However, this was not the case. The Serpentine were on their way to Ouroboros, a lost city in which they would use the Fangblades to awaken The Great Devourer.

Unfortunately, the Serpentine beat us there. As we were arriving the Serpentine were placing the final blade into the Devourer's mouth. At once, my brothers and I all screamed, "No!" The ground shook, the ancient buildings around us crumbled, and a giant snake head slithered out from underneath the rubble. "The Devourer," said Sensei. All of the Serpentine worshipped the Devourer, getting on their knees and bowing to it. The Devourer looked at them confused.Pythor came forth and said,"Great and humble devourer come and destroy this wretched human filth and lead us into a new snake-dominant world." The Devourer took that as its cue and swallowed Pythor, and began to swallo all of the Serpentine, until none were left. We had left my sister Nya and Garmadon's son on the Destiny's Bounty, which was hovering above. The Devourer let out a screech, which made me fly backwards and hit a post. I looked up and saw that Bounty shake, it fell to the ground and went up in flames. Both Jay and I screamed out, "Nya!" As Garmadon as well screamed for his lost son, I was filled with rage. I could feel the fire eminating from my soul, lifting up into the rest of my body until I lost control. I took out my Sword of Fire and hurled a humoungous fire ball at the Devourer, which caused it to shriek and rear back from the shock. After that moment, I let out a terrible display of my power, letting out all of my anger for what that thing did to my sister. As the Green Ninja it took me awhile to realize this, but I can fire energy balls from my hands. I took this into account, and I gathered up a mass of energy and made a huge energy ball that must have bigger than me. I then hurled it out at the Devourer, it exploded, consuming even myself within it. I, however, put myself within an energy shield at the last moment, protecting me from the blast.

As the smoke cleared, it looked as though a meteor had struck the Earth, a giant crater. I searched the rubble for my brothers, Sensei, and even Garmadon. A mass of wires and gears lay before my feet, I looked further to find Zane disconfigured laying down clutching his chest. He said to me, "If you are the Green Ninja then why did you do thi..." His voice cut off and the light in his eyes faded. I was shocked, so I ran away and tripped over another body. It happened to be Cole, he said to me, "I always knew you would be the end of me, one way or another." I was about to say something before his head fell back unto the very erth he could control. Next I found Jay, a large scorch mark lay on the side of his face. He said to me, "Kai, tell Nya I love her." Once again, another of my brother's heads hit the ground to never see the light of day again. The next sight I could hardly look at, Sensei. I ran to him screaming, "Sensei, Sensei, what have I done?" He spoke to me, "This was not fortold, there must be more to this. As the Green Ninja you mare obliged to choose your own destiny, and you have just altered it by much." He stretched out his arm and lay something in my outstretched hands, a teacup, his teacup. Then, he put one arm to his chest, and fell into the deep darkness that is death.

The world was black, I felt as though nothing was left of myself, my true self. Then I remembered about the crashed Bounty and Nya, and immediately sprinted there. I made it there to find Garmadon pulling out his son from the wreckage. Lloyd had managed to escape with minor injuries, my sister, however was not so lucky. I found her, underneath the very control panel she operated the ship with. She had a smile on her face, and was clutching something in her hand, a photo. The photo was not only of me, but of Jay also. We were at an amusement park. "I remember that," I thought. It was during our time of peace in between our finding of the Golden Weapons and the Rise of the Serpentine. I took the picture, closed my sister's eyes, and kissed her on the cheek. I went over to where Garmadon was caring for his son and said, "This is all your fault. It is time for me to end this." I made two fireballs, one in each hand, one for Garmadon, one for Lloyd, and I rushed at them, ready to face my destiny.

Garmadon immediately reacted in defense, deflecting my two fireballs away. That made me even more angry, when I thought, "If he is shadows, and I am his opposite, I must be light!" I immediately tried to shoot a beam of light at Garmadon, and it succeded at knocking him down. I smiled, finally I had an advantage over him, one I did not have back at the Fire Temple. After barraging him with light beams, I was about to take him out. His son, however rushed in front of him, he screamed, "Why use your powers for evil purposes, you can both use you powers for good, but only if you use them together." The words were directed at me, but I knew they were also hitting Garmadon hard. Garmadon put a hand on his shoulder and said, "You are right son." I deminished the light ball I was about to throw at them, and I pulled off my hood. I put my hand on Garmadon's shoulder and said, "Let us bring Ninjago into a golden age, one filled with peace and happiness." He smiled at me and we turned to face the sunset, ready to make a change, with Sensei and my brother's spirits weighing on my shoulders.

THE END(for now)

Edited by Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823

Percussion is love. 

It seems like a rehashing of the main story ark with a different ending.

I can't write much of a review, as I've seen most of this before. sorry.

If it isn't done why is it posted? I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here.

Edited by <shockwave>

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Nice story, except only making the green ninja Kai, and changing nothing else has a bit of flaws. If the green ninja wasn't Lloyd, Sensei Wu would have no reason to get Lord Garmadon to help save his son.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

this is a short story forum. Not an epic forum. At least now it has has something new. And i dont understand the appeal of killing everyone. I dont think it works as well as everone seems to think.I think you put in some good effort, and the story is pretty good, but I see a few changes that could be made to improve it.

Edited by <shockwave>

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group