"favorite Bionicle Year" Poll

Erebus

Favorite Year  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is just such a hard poll. I think we will see very little voting in the 2004 and 2005 sections for the story, but how do you honestly pick out a "best" storyline from the series? I picked 2001 only because without its success, there wouldnt be a 2002-2011. Set is another tough choice. Some people dont like the "clone" sets, but when the Mahri came out, I really did not like them at first. Its a tough one. I ended up choosing 2003 because Tahu's Nuva form was always my favorite, so I decided on that year because of it. Also, it was the first year I got all of Titan sets, which were pretty cool at the time.

-Iggy, Toa of Fire

The reason I liked 2007 for a story line was because I felt that it was a more darker year for bionicle which i kinda of like dark stuff and storyline.And I just like 2002 due to the bohrok, I can't really tell you why because i don't know my self.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'd have to say 2006 was awesome both ways. It began an awesome saga that would nearly last the rest of the BIONICLE story, and the sets were just too good, but they definately don't look nearly as awesome as they did, because of the excessive use of the Inika build that wouldn't entirely let go until the rest of BIONICLE.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Favorite sets were 2004, for the Toa Metru. It was also the last year the Matoran got good heads, compared to the empty skulls of 2006/2007 and the glowing faces of 2008. Storywise I would say 2006, based on the novels. Six Matoran, travelling across tunnels of raw shadow in the hopes of aiding their defeated Toa, I liked the underdog feel of it. And after they went through Karzahni to reach Voya-Nui(bad pun), they rescue the Toa Nuva, defeat six Skadki, pass the trials, and defeat Vezon and his crazy steed.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Stroyline: 2003. The story was getting good, with some questions answered, some questions new, and some cliffhangers. Sets: 2009. Those vehicles were incredible. (Plenty of treads - so useful.)

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

2001 for the sets. I always like the Technic-ish Kane-ra and Muaka cat. As for the storyline, I'm going with 2006 - it had one of the best storylines of any of the years, IMHO.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

2010-11 for storyline personally, I liked how most things were wrapped up and we got closure, even with the end of production sets. Set wise, I am a massive fan of 2007. I really liked the induviduality of the barraki, and even though there were a few problems with the mahri sets, I really liked their designs as well!

100.jpg
Feel the love <3

For me, it's currently a tie between '02 and '06 for the story. '06, well, it's long been a favourite of mine, and as for '02... well, I won't say it was the best year ever, but I loved the Bohrok Flash Animations and how some of the minor matoran characters from the year before got the focus through them.And, of course, '01, if only for the sheer nostalgia of it. As far as sets are concerned, I don't especially have a favourite anymore, since I sold of most of my collection. Probably would be '06 again, though.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I could have gone with '01 for both, I loved the story back then, and I overuse my pieces from '01 sets, but neither I'd say would represent my thoughts as a whole. I like '01 sets cos they didn't break, but if I forget plastic quality I loved the '08 sets. And I loved Dark Mirror and the Kingdom, just so awesome, I think really I just liked the atmosphere of '01, which was really still there in '02 and '03 as well...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

2005 had some great story, it was nice to see some internal conflict for a change and not have UDD define everything. But the Visorak and Roodaka were the only good sets. The Hordika were ugly, the Rahaga were bogus Rahkshi with impossible-to-dismantle heads, Keetongu was awkward and hard to spell, and Sidorak had flattened feet and the gear functions affected poseability. 2007 had awesome sets. No more clones, and the villians were creepy. Not a big fan of the underwater theme, though.

aouROFb.png

2006 Had a very good story. 2007 and later did as well though, mainly because of Greg's excellent serials. And 2006 had very good sets. Inika Torsos weren't even Cliche and carpy yet!Plus the Titans and Matoran were all epicsauce sets

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I adored the entire story/set arc from 2001 to 2003, I absolutely cherished 2006! The story got so dark and gritty with the introduction of those brutal Piraka and the entire plot was so intense! The sets were so cool, especially the titans and the Piraka! I definitely loved 2006 the most out of any other year!

nytronepic2_copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

2006 for story, 2001 for sets. Loved every year really, but yeah... hard to choose.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.