The 2012 Christmas Advent Calendar

~kh

Greetings, and Merry Christmas! Welcome to the 2012 Christmas Advent Calendar, a continuation of the tradition set forth by Lavaside Rahi come last year and then again the year before. This year, I, Kahinuva, begin with the traditionally late start of the calendar as we again gather for the Comics' forum's most sacred of traditions, which coincidentally is also our only tradition.From December 1st until Christmas Eve, December 24th, a new comic or two will be posted right here, counting down to the holidays and spreading cheer and humor along the way! This is the place to hopefully see some of your favorite authors back in action or some place to sample the new talent around the forum. Just click on the days in the calendar below and enjoy!

Also, as always, if you feel like joining in, feel free to PM me.

Note: BZPower has a forum glitch sometimes in which clicking the entry will just open the calendar date image and not the actual comic. If this is happening to you, please just click on the names of the comic makers in the text links underneath the calendar.

christmas_header.png

row1_leftcolumn.pngday01_utah.pngday02_biocryptid.pngday03_drgiggles.pngday04_gerlicky.pngday_05.pngday_06.pngrow1_rightcolumn.png

row2_leftcolumn.pngday_07.pngday_08.pngday_09.pngday_10.pngday_11.pngday_12.pngrow2_rightcolumn.png

row3_leftcolumn.pngday_13.pngday_14.pngday_15.pngday_16.pngday_17.pngday_18.pngrow3_rightcolumn.png

row4_leftcolumn.pngday_19.pngday_20.pngday_21.pngday_22.pngday_23.pngday_24.pngrow4_rightcolumn.png

christmas_footer.png

List of Comic Makers and their Series:Day 1 - Utah: Doomsday

Day 2 - Biocryptid: Discombobulated

Day 3 - Dr. Giggles: Noobicorn Inc.

Day 4 - Gerlicky: SpoofQuest!

Edited by Kahi

AWWW YEAH! Well, better late than never I say!

Utah, that was a great comic. I hope you can get back into making more awesome quality comics like this. I loved that part about the Slice of Cheese in court. Really funny!

Can't wait to see tomorrows!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Great comic Bio! So far, these two who have been away from making comic for a while seem to still be able to make 'em great! That face at the end was priceless!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Kahi, could you put the link to the comics below the calender aswell please because when i'm clicking on the opened slots it just shows the picture of the opened slot.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Great comic Bio! So far, these two who have been away from making comic for a while seem to still be able to make 'em great! That face at the end was priceless!

sig.png

Thanks! I hope everyone will enjoy the story I'm working on this year!

Hey Kahi, could you put the link to the comics below the calender aswell please because when i'm clicking on the opened slots it just shows the picture of the opened slot.

A lot of people of been having the same problem.

If that happens, you have to right-click on the image and click "Open Link in New Tab".

-:b::k:

:I

Sure, I'll do that after school. I wish I could fix it "normally" but it seems to just be a BZPower glitch. It works fine for me, but other people have had the same problem.

Thanks to everyone who read my comic! Heck, more to you if you even enjoyed it! Don't know why, but I'll take what I can get...Bio, it seems that every face you've ever made on a comic has caused me to laugh...rather uncontrollably...but no matter, excellent comic!I'm most eager to see what everyone else has to offer. UTAH, AWAY! *jumps out window*-Utah

corpseluck_banner_by_utahodasho-daltp7l.

And now, a comic from Dr. Giggles! Enjoy, everyone.

Due to it being the week before finals, comics will probably be posted right before midnight for the time being, unfortunately enough.

However, a big round of thanks to the BZPower staff who pinned this topic! I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else that's contributing this year does too. Have a Merry Christmas Countdown!

The first Happy Holidays comic... *sigh*

And so it begins.

Funny comic, though. Backgrounds were very pretty. Can't wait for the next!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

The first Happy Holidays comic... *sigh*

And so it begins.

Funny comic, though. Backgrounds were very pretty. Can't wait for the next!

sig.png

Is that something that urks you too? I can write a whole essay about why I dislike that whole concept.

I do like the comic, though. Nice job Giggles.

sig2_0.png

Not gonna lie, that was a hilarious comic. And not just because I was there bad-mouthing BAC.

Loved the part at the end, with the Octopus thingy. I would have figured as soon as deus ex machina was brought up, Kahi would have popped out and said "And that is how the Red Star was born."

If the rest are gonna be this funny, then I'm looking forward to more. ON WARD TO THE END OF THE WOR- Er, calender!

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

Well, time to jump in and read some comixeses!!The 1st: (Utah) For being so "out of practice", your comics sure still have that Utah-charm. They always ooze your style, (Which is sticky and blue, by the way, and very difficult to get out of whites.) and this one is no exception. I enjoyed reading it just like your others. Plus, you used the word "plebeians", which always gets a giggle out of me. :DAlso, I feel like you hold Mini over your head a lot. Is that a thing you do in real life? Because if it is that's hysterical. :PThe 2nd: (Bio) Dad's expression = Priceless. :DThe 3rd: I think I saw an episode of Man Vs. Wild where he suggested scrounging for wild candy canes if you're trapped in the frozen tundra. That or it was just a dream I had. Either way it makes me want to eat some of those fruit flavored candy canes.The 4th: (Gerlicky) Well, that wasn't what I expected. :P When I saw you were doing an "It's a wonderful life" parody, (and subsequently sighed. :P ) I figured you were going for the whole, "Guy sees that everyone's lives HAVE improved with him gone" angle, but then it cullminated into a boot-ghost terrorizing the populace with a random news anchor giving him a beat-down story. So kudos for breathing new life into an old story. Also, any comic containing a baby-octopus is a winner in my book! :D

Edited by LNU n' Pinkie Pie

pmpd.png

Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

That was a really great comic for the 5th of December, I really liked the artistic style that the guy chose to go with there! It had a very well constructed plot around it too, which you don't typically see in Christmas comics. The humor was great as well! I found myself laughing at quite a few things, and generally enjoying myself while reading it. My only flaw?

It doesn't exist.

:P

ANYWAY, quite a few good comics posted so far. I really enjoyed Utah's; good start to the calendar. Bio's could have been a little better, but I won't deny it made me laugh. Dr. Giggle's was also pretty well put together; I liked the part about living off of candy canes. Finally, Gerlicky's was pretty amazing, honestly; found myself cracking up a lot while reading it. That ending was golden.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Okay so I'm horrifically sorry about the lack of updates for just about a week now

For the past several days, no comics have arrived for me to post up, and soon after I had to take an actual offline hiatus from BZP and take the monstrosity that is finals week. Ergo, updates have been sadly slow and there's seven days of comics to catch up on.

But enough comics have come by that I'll be able to update the calendar with them soon, and they all actually should be up in just a few minutes.

Hang tight, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so, here's the deal.

When I last posted, I had several people telling me that they would be able to get their comics in on time. A few days later, however, nothing came. By the time I got one comic, an entire week had passed.

As time went on, it became pretty clear that the calendar wasn't going to go anywhere this year. Most of the people I contacted didn't reply to me or were just too busy to get anything done. It's completely understandable, considering the season and how few authors I know are left, but it is also a disappointment.

The latest development we had was just to take the time to make the best and longest comics we could (if any) and release them on the 24th. The way things were going, I would rather have the people I had left aim for quality over quantity.

I can't do anything without posting comics, so I apologize for the lack of content this year and hope that you all enjoy whatever gets put up on the 24th and have a very Merry Christmas, New Years, and whatever is left of your Winter Break before the Spring Semester.

I made mine on 21st Click here!

Can it be in 21 please Kahi.

Edited by Felinuva

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.