• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

The 2012 Christmas Advent Calendar

christmas advent calendar tradition annual

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 02:03 AM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Greetings, and [color=#ff0000;]Merry[/color] [color=#008000;]Christmas![/color] Welcome to the 2012 [color=#ff0000;]Christmas[/color] [color=#008000;]Advent[/color] [color=#ff0000;]Calendar[/color], a continuation of the tradition set forth by Lavaside Rahi come last year and then again the year before. This year, I, Kahinuva, begin with the traditionally late start of the calendar as we again gather for the Comics' forum's most sacred of traditions, which coincidentally is also our only tradition.From December 1st until [color=#008000;]Christmas[/color] [color=#ff0000;]Eve[/color], December 24th, a new comic or two will be posted right here, counting down to the holidays and spreading cheer and humor along the way! This is the place to hopefully see some of your favorite authors back in action or some place to sample the new talent around the forum. Just click on the days in the [color=#008000;]calendar[/color] below and enjoy![/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Also, as always, if you feel like joining in, feel free to PM me.[/font]

[color=#b22222;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Note: BZPower has a forum glitch sometimes in which clicking the entry will just open the calendar date image and not the actual comic. If this is happening to you, please just click on the names of the comic makers in the text links underneath the calendar.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]List of Comic Makers and their Series:[color=#ff0000;]Day 1 - [/color][color=#ff0000;]Utah[/color][color=#ff0000;]: [/color][color=#ff0000;]Doomsday[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008000;]Day 2 - [/color][color=#008000;]Biocryptid[/color][color=#008000;]: [/color][color=#008000;]Discombobulated[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#ff0000;]Day 3 - [/color][color=#ff0000;]Dr. Giggles[/color][color=#ff0000;]: [/color][color=#ff0000;]Noobicorn Inc.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=#008000;]Day 4 - [/color][color=#008000;]Gerlicky[/color][color=#008000;]: [/color][color=#008000;]SpoofQuest![/color][/font]

Edited by Kahi, Dec 05 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Online Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 3,538 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 03:17 AM

AWWW YEAH! Well, better late than never I say!

Utah, that was a great comic. I hope you can get back into making more awesome quality comics like this. I loved that part about the Slice of Cheese in court. Really funny!

Can't wait to see tomorrows!

Posted Image

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#3 Offline northmarch

northmarch
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 94 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 03:24 AM

Aww... Don't worry Utah, I remember you :P Anyway it's good to see this up and running ( I wasn't around for the last two calendars).

#4 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 514 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 01:09 PM

*surprised face* This is the first time I hear about this tradition...

Whatever. Nice comic for Day 1, though I doubt I understood who all the characters are, I'm not that much of a Comics Forum daily visitor :P I'll however keep an eye on this, seems nice to me!

rorschach.jpg

"Give me smallest finger on man's hand. I'll produce information. Computer unnecessary."

#5 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 682 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 03:21 PM

[color=#808080;]And so it begins...[/color]

[color=#808080;]...With a very nice comic from Utah, I must say![/color]

[color=#808080;]Can't wait to see what everybody does this year! :D[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::k:[/color]

:I

#6 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 05:55 PM

Oh dear, I should start working on mine :P

And yeah, I still remember you exist Utah! 

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#7 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 02 2012 - 10:50 PM

[color=#0000ff;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Keep calm and THROW THE LAWYER[/color][/font]

[color=#0000ff;][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]I say, Utah, excellent start. You've still got the touch. B)[/color][/font]

#8 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 12:40 AM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Today, Biocryptid brings us his first strip of his multi-strip extravaganza. Hope you all enjoy.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

#9 Online Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• 3,538 posts

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 03:15 AM

Great comic Bio! So far, these two who have been away from making comic for a while seem to still be able to make 'em great! That face at the end was priceless!

Posted Image

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#10 Offline Felinuva Toa of Felines

Felinuva Toa of Felines
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 561 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 03:19 AM

Hey Kahi, could you put the link to the comics below the calender aswell please because when i'm clicking on the opened slots it just shows the picture of the opened slot.

#11 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 682 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 12:14 PM

Great comic Bio! So far, these two who have been away from making comic for a while seem to still be able to make 'em great! That face at the end was priceless!

Posted Image

[color=#808080;]Thanks! I hope everyone will enjoy the story I'm working on this year![/color]

Hey Kahi, could you put the link to the comics below the calender aswell please because when i'm clicking on the opened slots it just shows the picture of the opened slot.

[color=#808080;]A lot of people of been having the same problem.[/color]

[color=#808080;]If that happens, you have to right-click on the image and click "Open Link in New Tab".[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::k:[/color]

:I

#12 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 12:21 PM

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Sure, I'll do that after school. I wish I could fix it "normally" but it seems to just be a BZPower glitch. It works fine for me, but other people have had the same problem.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

#13 Offline Utah

Utah
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 322 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks to everyone who read my comic! Heck, more to you if you even enjoyed it! Don't know why, but I'll take what I can get...Bio, it seems that every face you've ever made on a comic has caused me to laugh...rather uncontrollably...but no matter, excellent comic!I'm most eager to see what everyone else has to offer. UTAH, AWAY! *jumps out window*-Utah

Posted Image

Want to know why I have the Joland Seal of Approval? (and not just because I made it)

CLICKEH

Also, if you'd want to see a COT MLP comic topic, put this in your sig. Kthx. -Utah

#14 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2012 - 04:24 PM

Oh that was awesome Bio XD

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#15 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 01:05 AM

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]And now, a comic from Dr. Giggles! Enjoy, everyone.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Due to it being the week before finals, comics will probably be posted right before midnight for the time being, unfortunately enough.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]However, a big round of thanks to the BZPower staff who pinned this topic! I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else that's contributing this year does too. Have a Merry Christmas Countdown![/color][/font]

Posted Image

#16 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 514 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hahaha, good job, Bio and Giggles! Well done! Waiting for tomorrow's...

rorschach.jpg

"Give me smallest finger on man's hand. I'll produce information. Computer unnecessary."

#17 Online Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• 3,538 posts

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 01:48 PM

The first Happy Holidays comic... *sigh*

And so it begins.

Funny comic, though. Backgrounds were very pretty. Can't wait for the next!

Posted Image

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

#18 Offline Terra Nuva

Terra Nuva
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 299 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 04:18 PM

The first Happy Holidays comic... *sigh*

And so it begins.

Funny comic, though. Backgrounds were very pretty. Can't wait for the next!

Posted Image

Is that something that urks you too? I can write a whole essay about why I dislike that whole concept.

I do like the comic, though. Nice job Giggles.

sig2_0.png

#19 Offline Katoris

Katoris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2012 - 10:26 PM

Isn't that the Christmas Tree from Charlie Brown?

signature.jpg

| Tahukan's Comics Mark II |

I love Tea.

#20 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 01:37 AM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Today, we have another fantastic comic by none other than Gerlicky. This calendar's finally getting underway.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

#21 Online Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

• 3,538 posts

Posted Dec 05 2012 - 02:26 AM

Not gonna lie, that was a hilarious comic. And not just because I was there bad-mouthing BAC.

Loved the part at the end, with the Octopus thingy. I would have figured as soon as deus ex machina was brought up, Kahi would have popped out and said "And that is how the Red Star was born."

If the rest are gonna be this funny, then I'm looking forward to more. ON WARD TO THE END OF THE WOR- Er, calender!

Posted Image

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

#22 Offline LNU n' Pinkie Pie

LNU n' Pinkie Pie
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,076 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 03:01 AM

Well, time to jump in and read some comixeses!!The 1st: (Utah) For being so "out of practice", your comics sure still have that Utah-charm. They always ooze your style, (Which is sticky and blue, by the way, and very difficult to get out of whites.) and this one is no exception. I enjoyed reading it just like your others. Plus, you used the word "plebeians", which always gets a giggle out of me. :DAlso, I feel like you hold Mini over your head a lot. Is that a thing you do in real life? Because if it is that's hysterical. :PThe 2nd: (Bio) Dad's expression = Priceless. :DThe 3rd: I think I saw an episode of Man Vs. Wild where he suggested scrounging for wild candy canes if you're trapped in the frozen tundra. That or it was just a dream I had. Either way it makes me want to eat some of those fruit flavored candy canes.The 4th: (Gerlicky) Well, that wasn't what I expected. :P When I saw you were doing an "It's a wonderful life" parody, (and subsequently sighed. :P ) I figured you were going for the whole, "Guy sees that everyone's lives HAVE improved with him gone" angle, but then it cullminated into a boot-ghost terrorizing the populace with a random news anchor giving him a beat-down story. So kudos for breathing new life into an old story. Also, any comic containing a baby-octopus is a winner in my book! :D

Edited by LNU n' Pinkie Pie, Dec 06 2012 - 03:03 AM.

Posted Image
Coming soon...

Credit to Dragonfly the Luminescent for the awesome OC pony in my avatar. Check her out here.

#23 Offline Mesonak

Mesonak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,776 posts

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 10:15 AM

That was a really great comic for the 5th of December, I really liked the artistic style that the guy chose to go with there! It had a very well constructed plot around it too, which you don't typically see in Christmas comics. The humor was great as well! I found myself laughing at quite a few things, and generally enjoying myself while reading it. My only flaw?

It doesn't exist.

:P

ANYWAY, quite a few good comics posted so far. I really enjoyed Utah's; good start to the calendar. Bio's could have been a little better, but I won't deny it made me laugh. Dr. Giggle's was also pretty well put together; I liked the part about living off of candy canes. Finally, Gerlicky's was pretty amazing, honestly; found myself cracking up a lot while reading it. That ending was golden.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak, Dec 06 2012 - 05:08 PM.

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#24 Offline Chuck the Toa of crazyness

Chuck the Toa of crazyness
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 06 2012 - 06:16 PM

Gerlicky needs to make comics more often. Every comic he makes is just pure comedic gold.

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

This is my signiture. Exciting, huh?

#25 Offline Felinuva Toa of Felines

Felinuva Toa of Felines
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 561 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 08 2012 - 06:52 PM

There hasn't been another comic lately.

I'm still working on my though.

#26 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 12:37 PM

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Okay so I'm horrifically sorry about the lack of updates for just about a week now[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]For the past several days, no comics have arrived for me to post up, and soon after I had to take an actual offline hiatus from BZP and take the monstrosity that is finals week. Ergo, updates have been sadly slow and there's seven days of comics to catch up on.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]But enough comics have come by that I'll be able to update the calendar with them soon, and they all actually should be up in just a few minutes.[/color][/font]

[font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,0);]Hang tight, guys.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

#27 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 13 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've been working on and off on mine,I just keep changing it, it should be done soon though

#28 Online Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2012 - 12:50 PM

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Okay so, here's the deal.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]When I last posted, I had several people telling me that they would be able to get their comics in on time. A few days later, however, nothing came. By the time I got one comic, an entire week had passed.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]As time went on, it became pretty clear that the calendar wasn't going to go anywhere this year. Most of the people I contacted didn't reply to me or were just too busy to get anything done. It's completely understandable, considering the season and how few authors I know are left, but it is also a disappointment.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]The latest development we had was just to take the time to make the best and longest comics we could (if any) and release them on the 24th. The way things were going, I would rather have the people I had left aim for quality over quantity.[/color][/font]

[color=#800000;][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]I can't do anything without posting comics, so I apologize for the lack of content this year and hope that you all enjoy whatever gets put up on the 24th and have a very Merry Christmas, New Years, and whatever is left of your Winter Break before the Spring Semester.[/color][/font]

Posted Image

#29 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hey everyone, I finished my comic, just need Kahi to put it up. 

Until then, you can just click this link

Edited by Toa Zyglak, Dec 23 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#30 Offline Felinuva Toa of Felines

Felinuva Toa of Felines
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 561 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 06:55 PM

I made mine on 21st Click here!

Can it be in 21 please Kahi.

Edited by Felinuva, Dec 23 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#31 Online Sybre the Mental

Sybre the Mental
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,589 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2012 - 11:33 PM

[color=#006400;]Here's my comic, made just in time![/color]

Put it in any open space you want, Kahi!

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users